Sign in to follow this  
anthariel

[WIP] Tilos: Greek Island

Want some more reference material dude? Went there on holiday a few years back, probably got some photos.

@Wetsuit06, thanks :)

@Nevbox Who! If you have some pictures, it would help me greatly!

@Wetsuit06, thanks :)

@Nevbox Who! If you have some pictures, it would help me greatly!

Seems most of my photos are lost, but I can still give you some info. Panoramio is great and shows some nice shots. Imo most of it apart from the main town is very dry and bleak. Much drier than Stratis. I've never tried this, but look into retexturing the villas at ghost hotel or similar. Lots of hotel/apartments in the main town.

Edit: The island is also very hilly in places, so I'd like to suggest make some impassable areas for infantry or vehicles.

Edited by Nevbox

Thank you very much! :cool:

Unfortunately, I can not reproduce an empty mountains like the pictures so I am a bit compelled to place more rocks and vegetation, however for impassable areas for vehicles, there are already few of thems, you will discover 15.

Anyway thank you for that information.

Edited by Anthariel

Because I would like to begin my underwater update fast as possible, I think I will release the version 0.1 of Tilos on January 10 and not 15 :p

Looking forward to seeing this! Some of the map design shown in the screenshots shows you've put a lot of thought into gameplay and not just randomly throw objects down. Keep it up!

Thanks P_Siddy!

Indeed, I do everything with my hand, I do not use random object. For me, create a map with 5,000,000 trees and 12,000,000 bushes has no interest, this map must be able to play it with good FPS and have diverse and unique environments.

Some new screens come the 9th January :cool: ( ~45 Screens )