Sign in to follow this  
BlackDeath-CFH

.mdl into .p3d

No.

N-O

Never.

What you can do however is turn .mdl models into .3ds which you can import into O2

Better yet, get yer hands on Milkshape, and use that to open the .mdl files and save them as .3ds.

What you need is either 3d exploration or Deep exploration. Its more of a 3d model viewer but you can convert from a multitude of different formats. And make slight changes to models like, inverting face orientation, or changing the skins.

hmm...well, one thing is that you CAN NOT CONVERT MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIM .MDL MODELS INTO ANY FORMAT.

I really recommend Deep Exploration. It does the job - a proper piece of software - truly compatible.

For example, I've been taking a commercial 3ds model of an aircraft carrier composed of maybe 200 objects totalling 450K faces. With Deep Exploration I can split it down into individual/small 3ds files for loading into O2. And it works.

I speak as one who regularly uses Autodesk Mechanical Desktop (for work) - and even this pricey piece of software gave me trouble when trying to do the above... but Deep Exploration is free and works! And even better, you don't have to f*ck with Milkshape (which is a very limited piece of software). All told, get Deep Exploration now;)

If file conversion/editing is all you need, it'll save you forking out for 3DS Max, which is of course the other (daddy) option. Of course, you could look at a warez site for this, but that would be illegal, and hence is NOT to be done.

Easy now;)

Prospero

A caution when using the above....

Close the converter between each conversion, I found that if you dont it fails to convert the next file and produces a file of 1kb in size that is useless.

Yes, as Brazil is a plugin for 3D Studio. I think it supports everything from version 3.0 and upwards, of 3DSM that is.