Just downloaded.....

Nice!

We'll use it during our practice this weekend and come back with some group feedback!

Hell yeah, awesome. We're doing a test right now too in the 15thMEU. The more feedback the better :D

Nice work on it. I couldn't get it off the ground in Helo mode without engaging Auto Hover. May just be a bug with tilt rotor aircraft in A3 right now as the others don't fly very well in helo mode either. I'de like to see a ramp gunner version, and possibly gunners in the doors. I also was unable to return to helo mode after slowing down to usual tilt rotor "helo mode" speed.

Need to adjust some view pilot proxies

arma32015-01-1018-14-11-57_zpsb6160805.png

Nice work on it. I couldn't get it off the ground in Helo mode without engaging Auto Hover. May just be a bug with tilt rotor aircraft in A3 right now as the others don't fly very well in helo mode either. I'de like to see a ramp gunner version, and possibly gunners in the doors. I also was unable to return to helo mode after slowing down to usual tilt rotor "helo mode" speed.

Need to adjust some view pilot proxies

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/arma32015-01-1018-14-11-57_zpsb6160805.png

Thats weird, cause the pilot proxies are fine for the most part. Here, pm me your mod line to see if any of the mods you were running caused any issues and ill adjust as needed for next version.

If you can, try it with only @CBA and @MV22B and tell me how it goes.

Ramp is set too high up off the ground, makes it hard for people to get in and when exiting the craft people can get stuck or thrown into the ground and get injured or knocked out with AGM.

Ramp is set too high up off the ground, makes it hard for people to get in and when exiting the craft people can get stuck or thrown into the ground and get injured or knocked out with AGM.

The ramp is set accordingly but, i did see an issue last night that cause the bird to float 1m off the ground due to something in the 15th pack that in turn, caused the issue where the ramp was too high off the ground.

This looks interesting, will try out your mods.

Looking forward to the F/A 18C, something about baby hornet just looks good :)

EDIT: I'm getting a cannot load texture land error message when using this mod, is anybody else getting this?

Also the air frame doesn't get damaged and problems when landing with landing autopilot?

Edited by Jonathan0434

This looks interesting, will try out your mods.

Looking forward to the F/A 18C, something about baby hornet just looks good :)

EDIT: I'm getting a cannot load texture land error message when using this mod, is anybody else getting this?

Also the air frame doesn't get damaged and problems when landing with landing autopilot?

If yo're running this with the old MV-22 port, they may conflict.

Not sure about the damage model issue, but i do know for a fact that the autopilot is standard A3 causes some issues with A2 ports, but i generally dont recommend doing an autopilot unless its a very desperate situation. Will look into it regardless.

If you can, send me your modline so i can investigate the texture issue.

whats difference with Hotshotmike`s old MV22?

Well for starters it hasnt been updated in forever, it has no working copilot seat, texture breaks if using A2 maps, and has no FLIR or telescopic refuelling/retracting refuel probe. Plus i think the file size is pretty insane, since its like 500mb compared to mine that is 54mb i think.

So I have tested this aircraft and all I gotta say is wow. It is a huge improvement over the last version we used. Saying that there was only one issue so far that I found that I would like to see addressed. The issue has to do with the lights. I know you are troubleshooting the collision lights but the problem I have is the landing light. Overall the placement is incorrect when checking out the IRL aircraft. With its current position the light reflects off the front glass and the pilot/co-pilot cant see anything and they really cannot see the ground very well on an approach to an LZ. If there is a way to move it to where the front landing gear is that would be great. Also I think the instruments in the cockpit is at a perfect brightness for night ops.

Here is a video of the light issue:

http://youtu.be/J-g8gDb6G1E

So I have tested this aircraft and all I gotta say is wow. It is a huge improvement over the last version we used. Saying that there was only one issue so far that I found that I would like to see addressed. The issue has to do with the lights. I know you are troubleshooting the collision lights but the problem I have is the landing light. Overall the placement is incorrect when checking out the IRL aircraft. With its current position the light reflects off the front glass and the pilot/co-pilot cant see anything and they really cannot see the ground very well on an approach to an LZ. If there is a way to move it to where the front landing gear is that would be great. Also I think the instruments in the cockpit is at a perfect brightness for night ops.

Here is a video of the light issue:

http://youtu.be/J-g8gDb6G1E

Im actually trying to address it as we speak. I have no clue what exactly is causing this, especially since the light placement is is correct on the model. Ill play around with it some more and see if i can solve it by next weekend.

Edit: So i thought i fixed it, but in the process i ended up not fixing it and breaking the copilot seat again. Will update once arma decides to not screw me over lol

Edited by TurtleImpaler

Error Message: going to try to recreate it later on but probably a coincidence

Air frame damage: The plane doesn't look damaged when getting hit and instead blows up all of a sudden without any warning when it gets destroyed, so there are no visual warnings for the pilot to abort the mission, but understandable as it is a alpha version :)

Landing autopilot: The rotors go into full plane mode when landing and end up clipping the runway, probably unfix able so you might want to warn people of that :)

EDIT: Error recreated, photo uploaded

QeNvZfp.jpg

Edited by Jonathan0434

Error Message: going to try to recreate it later on but probably a coincidence

Air frame damage: The plane doesn't look damaged when getting hit and instead blows up all of a sudden without any warning when it gets destroyed, so there are no visual warnings for the pilot to abort the mission, but understandable as it is a alpha version :)

Landing autopilot: The rotors go into full plane mode when landing and end up clipping the runway, probably unfix able so you might want to warn people of that :)

EDIT: Error recreated, photo uploaded

http://i.imgur.com/QeNvZfp.jpg

Think you can make a video of it? Ive heard several instances of there not being any damage but im not sure if its a mod issue or if its just not working. I do know that there is very little difference between the damage model and the normal model so that may be a thing. Generally, the "Hull" marker on your hud is a ~meh~ indication of your hulls overall damage.

Hi!! About the Kiowa, have you perhaps contacted Heripai? His effort to bring this beautiful helicopter in ArmA2 (and 3) was extraordinary, but we do not see news in a while.. here's the link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151610-WIP-OH-58kiowa-Pack

Oh ive actually seen that amazing little beast! Ive thought about contacting him but the way im making the Lakota and Kiowa is way simpler than porting over his Kiowa to a new engine. If he'd be willing to add his to A3, then i may consider working with him on porting it and either adding it to the armory or just releasing it as a collaborative mod. Either way, its a really cool mod :D

As far as I know he tested the Kiowa in an ArmA3 environment

, maybe before the helicopter dlc's release (btw the ffv would be an amazing feature for the copilot
)

As far as I know he tested the Kiowa in an ArmA3 environment
, maybe before the helicopter dlc's release (btw the ffv would be an amazing feature for the copilot
)

Yeah that was way before rotorLib. But thats still awesome. I may get in touch with him to try and help to port it over, but thatll be after the MV-22B is 100% done, which it will be in the next update

Hi TurtleImpaler. First congrats for your idea. Stallion, Kiowa, Intruder, Awacs etc etc will be really really appreciated. However: In this day I'm trying your MV22, and I like it, but can u explain me please how to make it start whit the engine packed? I try everythingh I Know, but no Ida how to set it fold on the LHD deck :( . Hope in a little help. (will you release a kind of beta version of Stallion as you do for the MV22?) Thanks for the attention. Bye :)

Hi TurtleImpaler. First congrats for your idea. Stallion, Kiowa, Intruder, Awacs etc etc will be really really appreciated. However: In this day I'm trying your MV22, and I like it, but can u explain me please how to make it start whit the engine packed? I try everythingh I Know, but no Ida how to set it fold on the LHD deck :( . Hope in a little help. (will you release a kind of beta version of Stallion as you do for the MV22?) Thanks for the attention. Bye :)

Hi! First off im glad you like it :D Secondly, ive been trying to figure that out too. I guess its because of the model honestly but ill try to make it a feature it v2.0 via zeus

I never try this "Zeus". No ideahow it work or how to turn on it ;) However thanks for the reply. Hope to see your Stallion and other addon very soon. Will u realease a try version of the stallion however? (sorry if I ask it again, but i'm curious!)

I never try this "Zeus". No ideahow it work or how to turn on it ;) However thanks for the reply. Hope to see your Stallion and other addon very soon. Will u realease a try version of the stallion however? (sorry if I ask it again, but i'm curious!)

Zeus is easy, either in your template sync a character to the Zeus Module or if you have MCC, log in it and then hit "Y" to go into Zeus mode.

And I am not sure yet. The MV-22B is my first mod and i released it early to get community input and get a feel for the dev process. I may or may not release the Super Stallion early, but at this point im not entirely sure since i'd like to push out a full build the first go and only have to worry about Bohemia pushing out mod-breaking updates :p

Regardless, we'll see about the 53 early release in Late Feb/Early March ;)

PS model for the 53 should be done by the end of Jan and MV-22B update should be coming out Mid Feb(have no time thanks to my job lol)

Oh ok, thanks for your clarification TurtleImpaler. Very appreciated. Hope to see another of your work very soon :) !

Update:

v2.0 of the MV-22B to come tomorrow. This will be the full release version.

Just trying to finalize the Pilot FLIR cam, MFD issue, and the spotlight issue and it'll be done.

Also, I will have a tutorial up on my youtube about how to dynamically use the Nacelles(engines) of the MV-22 to get more out of it. Either need a HOTAS or: turn autohover on and set individual keys for flaps up and flaps down. Then use the flaps up/down button to alter the nacelle position. Movement is in 7 increments of 15 degrees.