Drifter

1st Ranger Battalion - Re-textured Units - [Public Release]

Hi,

First of all great looking units,but for some reason in the editor I cant see any 'Groups' I can only lay down individual units am I missing something?

Thanks for the feedback. At this point, I have not set up groups. In the near future, probably the next update I will have preset groups.

Click the link below to go to the download page.

Download link to v1.3.1 Hotfix

* Added proper armor values on vests and helmets

* Added new camouflage US Army M81 Woodland

* Added new unit, Crewman slots in both Green and Tan coveralls

* Added custom berets with 1stRB scroll and rank insignia's

* Fixed duplicate crewman uniforms

* Fixed M81 Woodland Teamleader Spec. not wearing the right camouflage

* Replaced old bikey and bisign files

Hey Drifter,

I'm touching base from the TF72 community here, we've recently started using the 1st Ranger Battalion mod and have encountered an issue - the berets that you've added aren't showing for other people. We've troubleshooted and made sure we're all on the same version; and we've made sure the mod is on the server, but when another player on our server is wearing a beret with a rank on it, we can't see it.

Also there is a NATO SF pack requirement listed - is that -actually- required? The uniforms we can all see and work fine but the berets aren't visible for other players, just thought it might be a related issue.

Any feedback is welcome! Thanks

Hey Drifter,

I'm touching base from the TF72 community here, we've recently started using the 1st Ranger Battalion mod and have encountered an issue - the berets that you've added aren't showing for other people. We've troubleshooted and made sure we're all on the same version; and we've made sure the mod is on the server, but when another player on our server is wearing a beret with a rank on it, we can't see it.

Also there is a NATO SF pack requirement listed - is that -actually- required? The uniforms we can all see and work fine but the berets aren't visible for other players, just thought it might be a related issue.

Any feedback is welcome! Thanks

The berets are already in the works of being fixed. Not sure why that is happening as we have encountered issues in the early stages of testing. The NATO SF weapons pack is required, however in future updates, I may include a vanilla and RHS version.

Updating will arrive shortly, just a few minor tweaks and we will have an update released :D

This release will update, fix and replace a few things in the pack.

Check out my gallery of the remastered and re-textured gear here - http://imgur.com/a/qeBKM#0

- Remaster and re-textured the M81 Woodland camo with a higher resolution, and less brightened woodland texture.

- Remaster and re-textured the OCP camo with a more Scorpion multicam feel.

- Fixed multiplayer beret bug. (Hopefully, it needs MP testing).

- Added full brown and green backpacks.

Hopefully in the near future I will figure out modelling and release custom content, such as helmets, vests and backpacks. But modelling those has currently turned out to failure, so don't expect custom content anytime soon.

If you haven't seen the gallery of the changes - http://imgur.com/a/qeBKM#0

Feedback is most appreciated :D

Download link to v1.3.2

* Remaster and re-textured the M81 Woodland camo with a higher resolution, and less brightened woodland texture.

* Remaster and re-textured the OCP camo with a more Scorpion multicam feel.

* Fixed multiplayer beret bug. (Hopefully, it needs MP testing).

* Added full brown and green backpacks.

I have to say, this mod is so good I've changed my playstyle to play as a ranger more frequently. There are similar mods bigger in scale, but this one is my favorite because of the quality. New M81 uni looks amazing.

I have to say, this mod is so good I've changed my playstyle to play as a ranger more frequently. There are similar mods bigger in scale, but this one is my favorite because of the quality. New M81 uni looks amazing.

Well thank you very much :D

Sorry :( the berets still are not working

Ok, will go back and take a look at the configs, I'm busy with another project at the moment.

Greetings! First of all, this looks AMAZING. I've been playing with your mod in Zeus, but it's tedious work sometimes because I have to edit the loadout on every AI-controlled unit individually. Do you plan on adding Zeus compatibility? Stuff like squads with guys wearing gas masks, scuba divers, paratroopers (they are Rangers after all) etc. would be uber handy to have as extras. All that isn't really on my hit-list, I was just throwing out ideas. But as a big fan of the Zeus mode, I was curious if you were adding groups for it. Thanks a bunch, and great work!

Textures are really nice, it would be cool if you'd release an extra version with unmarked uniforms (no flags or tabs) and no requirements. Though I understand that's not a personal priority on your end.

Textures are really nice, it would be cool if you'd release an extra version with unmarked uniforms (no flags or tabs) and no requirements. Though I understand that's not a personal priority on your end.

I will plan on doing so, I will also be releasing a retextured 173rd airborne pack with my new terrain Southern Waziristan, just as a bonus that comes along with the map. I also have planned on some other retexture packs on the way such as marpat, multicam, desert, ghost, atacs and so on. I will probably end up making a large unit retecture pack. And maybe some sort of PMC gear stuff.

I will plan on doing so, I will also be releasing a retextured 173rd airborne pack with my new terrain Southern Waziristan, just as a bonus that comes along with the map. I also have planned on some other retexture packs on the way such as marpat, multicam, desert, ghost, atacs and so on. I will probably end up making a large unit retecture pack. And maybe some sort of PMC gear stuff.

Good to know, there's currently a real lack of professional looking retexures, are the gear weight, protect and carrying capacity stats going to be closer to vanilla in the unmarked pack?

Good to know, there's currently a real lack of professional looking retexures, are the gear weight, protect and carrying capacity stats going to be closer to vanilla in the unmarked pack?

Some of the stats will be close to vanilla, the carrying capacity I will be tweaking along with the armor protection values.

• Like 1

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hw9dcbrlq37io5a/1stRB+Texture+Pack+v1.4.rar

Version 1.4:
New additions:
- New camo - DCU.
- New Medic uniforms, vests, helmets and backpacks included for all camo.
- New uniform styles for all camo types.
- Black top
- Gray top
- OD top
- New helmet for ACU, M81, OCP, Full white and full tan. Helmet mesh net.
- New backpacks OD, Coyote and for those old school ArmA 2 ACE veterans, I think you know what I added icon_e_wink.gif 

Fixes:
- Fixed vest capacities and armor values.

Tweaks:
- Tweaked OD and Coyote backpack textures to a more HD and accurate color scheme.
- Changed the name of ACU objects to UCP.
- Changed a few things.
- Config clean up.
- More clean up.
- More cleaning and troubleshooting.

Known issues:
- Berets STILL don't work icon_evil.gif 

i always get a script error when starting arma 3 or going into zeus.  the problem is B_Rifleman_F.. you should replace that by an arma 3 class like B_Soldier_F (afaik). Its in Special and Special_Rifleman (by the way, is it on purpose, that there is Special_Rifleman and SpecialRifleman?)

i always get a script error when starting arma 3 or going into zeus.  the problem is B_Rifleman_F.. you should replace that by an arma 3 class like B_Soldier_F (afaik). Its in Special and Special_Rifleman (by the way, is it on purpose, that there is Special_Rifleman and SpecialRifleman?)

Alright, I will look into this and fix it ASAP.

Hi Drifter

Are you still working on this mod?

Can you make it compatible with the V1.54 armor patch? Would be great.

Hi Drifter

Are you still working on this mod?

Can you make it compatible with the V1.54 armor patch? Would be great.

Sorry man, not working on this anymore. I am working on 3 terrain projects at the moment.