massi

CSAT and UKSF Replacement for ARMA3

a3_csat_repl_HEAD_zps72b6dc72.jpg

by massi

CSAT and UKSF Replacement for ARMA3

Hi all,

I made this addon for personal use, but maybe some others would like to try this out.

This addon is a retexture of BI units, that replace standard CSAT uniforms and helmets with more realistic ones, it also features two optional replacements, one add more variety to CSAT special forces, the other change UKSF camo to a more realistic MTP pattern.

All those replacement can run toghether (and I advice to run all of them to have the best effect) , and have NO other addons requirements.

They also do not modify any armor/load/protection value, and only change the visual effect of the units since the loadout has been left untouched, so they're full compatible with any mission or campaign.

Hope you’ll enjoy it !

Description/Installation

In "addons" folder you'll find those files:

"mas_rep_csat", "mas_rep_csat_c" : those are the main replacement files and are needed to run the replacement, they change only uniforms and helmets model and left the units untouched.

It gives to CSAT "indep" uniforms in hex and urban camo, plus Spetsnaz and PASGT helmets to replace the tech ones.

In "CSAT SF and UK optional replacements" folder you'll find the optional replacements, to run those just put the following files in the previous "addons" folder and that's it.

"mas_rep_csat_SF_c" : change the aspect of CSAT spec ops adding mask, balaclavas and shemags, and the black and green jumpers top uniforms, but do not change any loadouts to keep them compatible with allmissions and campaign.

"mas_rep_csat_UK_c" : change the CTRG uniform giving them a real MTP camo pattern, since I prefer this to the original triangular camo.

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

– Replace CSAT uniform and helmets with independent uniforms in hex and urban camo.

- Replace CSAT helmets with PASGT and Spetsnaz helmets.

- Add new uniforms, balaclavas, shemag to CSAT Spec-Ops to add more variety (optional-but advised).

- Change CTRG triangular camo in real MTP pattern (optional-but advised).

- This addon DO NOT modify any armor/loading/protection value, but only the exterior appearance of uniforms and helmets, and DO NOT change the loadout of the units, to ensure MAXIMUM COMPATIBITYLITY to scenarios and campaign .

Requirements.

No addons requirements

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.0 date 22/DEC/2014

- first release

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma3!

Thanks to all Arma3 community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/66wiaa5hab9169n/CSAT_UK_Replacement_v1.0.zip

BI forum thread:

Few pics:

CSAT Regulars

th_a3_repl_csat_hex_zps0900efb2.jpg

CSAT Urban

th_a3_repl_csat_urb_zps9c98059d.jpg

CSAT Support Units

th_a3_repl_csat_veh_zps2133db3a.jpg

CSAT Spec Ops

th_a3_repl_csat_sf_zps034fb42f.jpg

UKSF

th_a3_repl_uk_sf_zps5d2717b9.jpg

Hope you'll enjoy it!

ACwAAAAAAQABAAACADs%3D#pwsc-{SnNsWUJlYzJFSjdUSVk4TG93QTRvUHhCY0U5REh6Nlkza21xMSt4MWNDbHZuSzYvMklXL3M2MDkwOGZhUnR5dnBmQjQ2c0ZNcXNnaUdZR215eFZWOVB0c3NhNkFqeTBGTnJCVG9vSnYzTlFOeDRQNnNyaFBKQndSZk1JMUxhVTY=}

Best Regards

Massi

Edited by massi
  • Like 2

Thanks for sending your newest release our way :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

massi, i love you man. Been waiting for this a long time. I'll have to try it out ASAP. Thank you!

Damn, I have been working on a CSAT mod for a long time now. I am creating the config files for them right now. Being my first time creating config, it's taking me a little longer than I hoped. Your units look extremely close to mine. I did every back pack, vests, etc. I also did different headgear for bi's urban. I have desert and woodland versions of bis CSAT and Army units in the regular hex and green hex camo. I knew this would happen, but I took a break to work on Hind. Well, you beat me to it. Good job and the units too.

New mod 1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@massi;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Damn, I have been working on a CSAT mod for a long time now. I am creating the config files for them right now. Being my first time creating config, it's taking me a little longer than I hoped. Your units look extremely close to mine. I did every back pack, vests, etc. I also did different headgear for bi's urban. I have desert and woodland versions of bis CSAT and Army units in the regular hex and green hex camo. I knew this would happen, but I took a break to work on Hind. Well, you beat me to it. Good job and the units too.

I feel you're pain man, but dont let this stop you! People have different opinion and visions. All mods are welcome! Thanks for your efforts

I feel you're pain man, but dont let this stop you! People have different opinion and visions. All mods are welcome! Thanks for your efforts

i agree, carry on mate its all appreciated :)

Thanks a lot Foxhound and Kari Charles for news and updated mirorrors , really appreciated ;)

Best Regards

massi

massi, love this addition! Great textures and works well. I love the fact that only the clothes was changed and its compatible with vanilla missions/campaigns. As some has asked, if you end up making updates to changes weapons and what not, i ask that those be separate configs/PBOs so that we can use them optional and as needed. But i think this was perfect. Thanks again for all the addons you've been putting out, love them all.

You're a machine massi, thanks for your work.

thanks a lot, I'm really enjoying your great work too ;)!

Everyone will do this a bit differently and people can pick between competing mods. It's healthy. It's how we get things striving to be the best.

Maybe this will get me to get off my ass and resume working on my CSAT mod and make it better. xD

See? Good things across the board already.

Hey Massi, just some feed back, i actually liked CSATs camo, just not the helmets and scales, anyway nice work, thanks :)

Would be cool to have a version that also replaces weapons and vehicles too ...maybe even a complete Altis Conflict Pack that changes all factions :)

Love this mod ever since I tried it! Did notice that the enemy was strangely hard to hit just in the Virtual Arsenal part of the campaign... But then again, also noticed last BIS update that if someone mounts a static turret, their body (namely head) seems to be immune to 7.62mm Sniper rounds, so not sure if the hirbox config was off or the update messed more up.

I love how your mod also configured with the New armour system! PLEASE make a conversion for AAF and NATO?

I frowned upon the days people used to call Massi's mods "unrealistic garbage" and other such things.

After this mod, now I laugh hard at them. HARD.

Is it alright if I basically take the config you made for CSAT, but retexture all the assets and release it? I want to make a replacement like this but instead of the weird hex camo, I want to use the Iranian DPM-based pattern, so that the unit will look further contemporary. If that's not okay, it's no problem, I'll keep it to myself.

Hi, Massi! For game stability purposes, I really appreciate how simple this replacement mod is. It happily ignores all the game engine, unit config, etc. changes over the past 2 years. This was one of the first mods I ever downloaded after buying Arma 3, and to this day I still use it. I am embarrassed that I did not think to comment here before now, esp since this thread has gotten so little recognition.

Now that CSAT Pacific has been released, will you consider updating your mod with similar equipment replacements for the new CSAT faction? The new helmets and Viper gear might be difficult to reconcile with the more old-fashioned MICH and fatigue uniforms. I also think that the helmets at least manage to look futuristic without being ridiculous like the first CSAT helmets, so to me it's not as urgent to find a fix for these.

But even if you never do anything more with it, I am still grateful you took the time years ago to make a quick fix for CSAT to not look like bug-eyed aliens. :)

Hi massi, thanks for this mod.
I was trying it with latest patch ( 1.64 ) and I noticed a pop-up error when I launch arma, found the following errors into the logs:

19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.scope'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
19:37:09 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon ItemInfo with scope=private
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.displayName'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.nameSound'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.type'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.picture'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.Library'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.model'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.simulation'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightDuration'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightIntensity'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightDiffuse'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.fireLightAmbient'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.weaponLockDelay'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.weaponLockSystem'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.cmImmunity'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.weight'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.lockingTargetSound'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.lockedTargetSound'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.detectRange'.
19:37:09 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.muzzles'.

Could you update this for Pacific CSAT please? Amazing mod