massi

CHERNARUS CONFLICT for ARMA3

CC_ico_zpsw2byqdcr.gif

by massi

CHERNARUS CONFLICT for ARMA3

Hi all,

Here’s the update for the Chernarus Conflict pack, in this update I tried to reproduce the Arma 2 experience,  porting uniform and equipment and reproducing the original factions.

UN forces were removed to avoid duplicates with my African conflict mod, and Chernarus forces are now under Blufor side.

Now You’ll find Chernarus forces and FIA for BLUFOR, NAPA for Independent and Insurgents and Chernarus rebel Army for OPFOR.

All faction have an High Dispersion variants  with high dispersion weapons to simulate low trained forces and longer firefights.

Vehicles are now optional, to install them follow th instruction included.

There’re also several other features that you can read in the description, or discover in the editor.

Hope you’ll enjoy it !

Description

This addon features units and vehicles from fictional Chernarus factions. It adds several camouflage uniforms, custom headgear, ported A2 uniforms, vest, headgear and backpacks in order to represent several fictional Chernarus factions for every sides as it was in Arma 2 like Chernarus Governatives forces, NAPA rebels, Opfor Insurgents plus added FIA and Opfor regular army factions:

BLUFOR >> CHERNARUS GOVERNATIVE FORCES:

- GOVERNATIVE ARMY: Governative regular army infantry and vehicles

- GOVERNATIVE SF : Governative army Special forces

- UN SECURITY CONTRACTORS: PSD elements from hired PMC

- NATO BLACK OPS: for stealth missions

- BLUEFOR SIDE Civilians

BLUFOR >> CHERNARUS FIA:

- CHERNARUS FIA FACTION:  FIA partisan faction with his own fighters and vehicles

INDEPENDENT >> NAPA:

- NAPA FACTION: NAPA guerrilla faction with his own fighters and vehicles

OPFOR >> CHERNARUS SEPARTIST FORCES:

- CHERNARUS LIBERATION ARMY: Separatist army infantry and vehicles

- CHERNARUS LIBERATION ARMY SPETSNAZ : Elite separatist forces

- RUSSIAN ADVISORS: Russian Spetsnaz advising rebel forces

- INSURGENTS: INSURGENTS faction with his own fighters and vehicles

CIVILLIANS >> CHERNARUS CIVILLIANS : with custom civillian clothes and shirts

NOTE: all facion have an HIGH DISPERSION version, marked with (HD) with the units equipped with high dispersion weapons to simulate low trained forces and longer firefights.

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Units are equipped with Ak74, AKM, AKMS, AKS74, G3, FAL from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

- Units are equipped with custom helmets, headgear, vest, backpacks.

- All facion have an HIGH DISPERSION version, marked with (HD) with the units equipped with high dispersion weapons to simulate low trained forces and longer firefights.

- Units have custom A2 ported uniforms in different camos for each sides.

- Civilian vehicles that include: trucks and offroads

- Governatives, Separatist, Guerrilla, FIA  retextured vehicles that include: trucks, offroads, boats and all static weapons.

- Vehicles from my vehicle pack : T72,T55, T34, ZSU, BMP2, BMP1, Mi8, Mi24, BTR60, BRDM2, UAZs(Dshk,AGS,SPG9,M2), Urals, Hilux armed pickups  (Dshk,AGS,SPG9,M2) and unarmed, static weapons with firing from vehicles, sling load and advanced flight model features available for all the factions.

- Units have their own uniforms and gear items in all camo to make them interchangeable.

- There are 2 weapon boxes for each side, one contain all weapons ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, and helmet stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.

- Wide variety of groups in the editor.

- Each side has his own IRREGULAR FIGHTERS force.

- Compatible with all other mods like ACE3, Alive, RHS, CUP and Zeus

- Classlist included in folder.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties, you'll find in editor the following facion with relative Faction name to use in ALIVE:

CLASSLIST  FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE)

class mas_cer_onu  = "Chernarus Governatives Forces";

class mas_cer_part  = "Chernarus FIA";

class mas_cer_napa  = "Chernarus NAPA Guerrilla";

class mas_cer_opf  = "Chernarus Separatist Forces"; (includes the Insurgents)

class mas_cer_civ  = "Chernarus Civilians";

HIGH DISPERSION UNITS:

class mas_cer_onu_hd  = "Chernarus Governatives Forces";

class mas_cer_part_hd  = "Chernarus FIA";

class mas_cer_napa_hd  = "Chernarus NAPA Guerrilla";             

class mas_cer_opf_hd  = "Chernarus Separatist Forces"; (includes the Insurgents)

class mas_cer_civ_hd  = "Chernarus Civilians";

Same for groups.

OPTIONAL VEHICLE CONFIG:

I made this optional config on users demand since by default vehicles are now disabled and NATO SF\Spetsnaz Vehicles pack is not a requirement.

In order to get the vehicle just put the "mas_cer_rebl_v.pbo" plus its signature files in the "addons" folder, if you do so you'll need NATO SF\Spetsnaz Vehicles pack..

Requirements.

LATEST VERSION of My NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack  Here

My NATO SF\Spetsnaz Vehicles pack   Here (only if you're using vehicles optional config)

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.2  date 04/MAY/2016

- Added Russian radio protocol

- Improved uniforms, backpack and vest models

- Improved units loadout

- Added functionary and doctor units

Download Links:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6GnxXzbNVuWDE5Y0xkRFNYUDg/view?usp=sharing

STEAM Workshop standard:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580132489

STEAM Workshop vehicle version:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580141795

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

For the Units:

Johannes: most part of the headgears has been taken, modified and adapted from Jonny's US Army Special Forces template by Johannes , thanks a lot for releasing them to the pubblic, without them I wouldn't have been able to add this headgear to the units !

Kiory: thank you very much for letting me use and modify your great balaclavas and berets models for the units!

Voodoo: thanks a lot for your awesome OPS CORE helmets, Peltors and watchcap, that made possible to update MICH hemets too!

AlexF1  http://arma.at.ua/ :  basic model russian VDV paratrooper and berets that I used for SPETSNAZ advisor uniforms

Rusty:  camouflage base textures

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma!

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Few pics:

th_chern_upd1_zpskldhr7u3.jpg

th_chern_upd2_zpsn4qsrc2f.jpg

th_chern_upd3_zpsptv4lvvd.jpg

th_chern_upd4_zps4nymkrub.jpg

th_chern_upd5_zps9ikif9gp.jpg

th_chern_upd6_zps9bfsovek.jpg

Hope you'll enjoy these units!

Best Regards

Massi

Edited by massi
  • Like 3

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This is really, really great :-) the only problem, after been playing with your new mod packs, is that the btr60 starts "whopling" from side to side, when the speed increases past 50 km/h. Thanks for this :-)

Sixt

New mod 1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@massi;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Fantastic but need a replacement config for use with AiA to replay those old missions! :D

Thanks a lot for mirrors, news and nice comments ;)

regards

massi

I'm not good at 3d modeling or animation and I need a character to make a mod for arma 3 can anyone hlep me?

Great addon :) The only problem i have is that vehicles seem to cause a lot of friendly casualties by grasing or running them over completely. Sometimes 60% of a squad is killed this way.

Also do you plan to release aircraft?

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

Also the RPG's are underpowered as it took 6 shots to destroy a BMP1 when it should take one or at most two

Also the RPG's are underpowered as it took 6 shots to destroy a BMP1 when it should take one or at most two

hi,

There are different warheads, it takes:

- 1 round PG7VR-T HEAT to take down one BMP1/2, APC/IFV

- 2/3 rounds PG7L S HEAT to take down one BMP1/2, APC/IFV

-5/6 rounds PG7 to take down one BMP1/2, APC/IFV (old ones)

Regards ;)

massi

Edited by massi

hi,

Regards ;)

massi

A PG7 should only take 1 round to knock out the frontal armour of a BMP?

Also is there a PASGT out there as they are currently using the PASGT. Also be good if there was some soviet body armour to replace the AAF rig. This mod is awesome by the way :)

Might toeing the line here but IMO the M16 UN troops might be happier with western made Land Rover jeeps while the AK UN troops (Chernorussian?) might be happier with their UAZs, just my opinion. And maybe UKSF might be happier with western made Hemtts?

Edited by Jonathan0434

hi,

Regards ;)

massi

Apart from unrealisticley low penetration values for the warheads the AI can't switch between the different ammunition types meaning it takes them 5/6 shots. Also the Armoured vehicles are not responding to fire and engaging when shot at!

I've been waiting for a mod just like this for a while now, and this does not disappoint. Thanks!!

I was just wondering, are you planning on making a pack like this for Takistan? If it's anything like this pack then I, and many others would love it.

Keep up the good work!

Does anyone else get issues with armoured vehicles killing friendly forces by 'brushing' them whilst driving by? Anyone know how to fix this?

@Massi

Another Massi set! Excellent news, thank you :)

@NickLomas

Seems to be a 'feature' of vanilla ArmA 3 itself, not any mod. So, I hope Massi will forgive me by going a bit off-topic.

Even if the vehicle is travelling at walking pace, any unit simply brushing the side of the vehicle dies (bloody ridiculous, grump grump..).

Friendly fire by AI on player seems worse as well.

A solution to both is kju's little addon "DisabledFriendlyFire_Server_F_PvPscene" - originally for A2, works perfectly in A3 at least for SP; I would expect it to work fine in MP also (must be run on the server only, not the client).

There seems to be some kind of compatibility issue with the ALiVE mod when using this unit pack. Regardless of what force distribution option is selected in the military placement modules for ALiVE, they only seem to spawn one group, the AA tank platoon, with the odd BMP thrown in there every now and then. I have no idea what could be causing this, but I thought I would let you know. I hope the fix is an easy one so that myself and others can use these awesome units in new missions.

Cheers Orcinus, I'll give it a go. Also does anyone know how I can change the armour/weapon damage values? I really like what Messi has done with this mod however the amount of hits it takes to destroy the armour is holding me back from enjoying the addons.

Can I just edit a config file?

Cheers Orcinus, I'll give it a go. Also does anyone know how I can change the armour/weapon damage values? I really like what Messi has done with this mod however the amount of hits it takes to destroy the armour is holding me back from enjoying the addons.

Can I just edit a config file?

hi,

about the tanks and apc Killing their team mates I think it is a BI issue, so nothing I can fix sorry ;)

about the armor , what type are you referring?

hi,

about the tanks and apc Killing their team mates I think it is a BI issue, so nothing I can fix sorry ;)

about the armor , what type are you referring?

Hi Massi,

The BMP1 and 2 take 5 shots to destroy and the T55 takes 6 with an standard RPG PG7. In reality a BMP's frontal amour can withstand up to 14.7mm rounds. Therefore a direct hit on a BMP with an RPG PG7 would destroy it. Similarly a T55 would be knocked out with one round direct hit.

The BTR60 and BRDM should also only take 1 direct round to be destoryed

The tandem warheads for the RPG are designed to destroy more modern AFV which may also be protected by ERA.

Love the mod though, been one of my favourites for ARMA. Are you looking to add planes in the future?