Sign in to follow this  
tremanarch

Walking Speed

Hey.

The walking speed is a little too high. feels like driving small motobicycles.

When I play with others and we are not looking at each other we constantly keepo losing us. its so fast!

and the weapons way aswell. I can understand that when I have to run at 50 km/h i couldnt aim aswell.. but please let us jog at 11 km/h or so.. and let us aim please.

back in 2000 when operation flashpoint was made the higher speed was okay.. we only had to look at plane surfaces. but now we have so many things bushes trees etc etc - the walking speed is much too high.

maybe reducing it to 1/3 would help.

is there a mod or trick to try this?

I'm not sure what the problem is but you have walk (default W+S I think), which is very slow and useful when clearing buildings.

Then you have combat pace or whatever it's called where you can jog with your weapon raised.

There is run...

And finally you can sprint.

Also you can alter walking and running modes using C key (default) to adjust speed, stamina consumption and weapon handling.

That is more then enough to choose from for your situation unless I am not understanding something here. I find movement speeds quite realistic and I'm playing with Hz FoV of 100 which makes everything seem faster anyway. While playing Arma 3, not once I though, I wish I could "jog slower" as you put it.

Walking pace is fine. Are you sure you're actually using walking speed?

Weapon sway is fine also. The resulting accuracy is realistic. Humans don't have laser aim in reality. If you want that, there's BF4/CODAW that aways.

tremanarch, are you absolutely certain that you're actually walking in the game? Becuase the walk speed in Arma 3 is roughly 5.15 kph, which is only slightly above average walking speed, and actually below average for young, fit adults (http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Walking.html). Reducing that speed to 1/3 would equal a walking speed of 1.7 kph or 1 mile per hour. That would be very, very slow.

Edited by roshnak

walking speed is not the normal speed - but jogging is, and thats too fast.

I am not talking about "the walking speed" but the movement speed. in reality we would walk most of the time, here we jog all the time..

walking speed is not the normal speed - but jogging is, and thats too fast.

I am not talking about "the walking speed" but the movement speed. in reality we would walk most of the time, here we jog all the time..

Sorry, what? If you're jogging in arma then you're jogging. If you don't want to jog then walk. The whole point is that you have control over that, so where exactly is the issue that you're not creating for yourself?

Walking speed is fine, but I do agree that the weapon sway mini-game is silly (to say the least).

Walking speed is fine, but I do agree that the weapon sway mini-game is silly (to say the least).

It's perfectly fine all it needs is weapon resting built in to the engine to augment it.

Walking speed = w + s

Fast walking speed = c

To me, at least this in Amra3, seems fine...

in reality we would walk most of the time, here we jog all the time..

Now I see what you want. Tbh your OP is all over the place. Anyway, you can ask about such mod in Addon Request Thread. Maybe someone made one or will make one.