keeway

ACE'd Project 85 version 2.1 Released

mqdefault.jpg
Project 85 2.1 Released
21/12/14

It’s finally ready !

We dedicate this relase to our biggest supporter and contributor named Vilas !

P85 version 2.1 is mod mainly based on vilas assets with rewritten config to be ACE compatible. As we started to work with this mod, we were not determined to ever relase it for many reasons. One of them was a lot of rumors about vilas and his prejudices to ACE team and even to other polish community. The turning point was when vilas wrote to me about some others things and then we started to talk about his mods. Everything went smoothly enough that today we are able to relase without any stress.

As our clan is focused on realistic gameplay we tried to do our best and do as much research as possible. For sure a lot of people may be surprised when they will see many different languages in their game, but this is just one of our few features. Remember that few weapons are still being in use as a placeholders.

Hope this mod will find a place on your hard drives and hopefully not in a <refuse bin> 8)

FEATURES:
- Countless ACE compatible vehicles: lots of tanks, cars, IFVs and APCs for every factions (many national retextures included)
- Countless retextures of soldiers for every faction compatible with ACE magic boxes
- Lot of extra weapons (East Weapon Pack and West/Latin America Weapons packs are included)
- Realism enhancements: in most cases the equipment (for soldiers and vehicles) is referenced on our findings for example some IFVs may have Anti-tank in its inventory. Also we have no idea how community will react to 2d textures for tank’s crews (feedback on that case would be cool)
- ACRE compatible (Now a lot of vehicles have radio’s attached to them, and you are able to use it when you are in vehicle)
- 3 sides: NATO (US Army, British Army, Bundeswehr, Danish Army + Turkish and Greek placeholders) Warsaw Pact (Soviet Army, Polish People's Army, Czechoslovak People Army, Bulgarian Army), Partisans (IRA and placeholders for fictional partisans) - for full list with screenshots and class names check our wiki

ROADMAP:
- Our core will be getting MLODS from vilas to polish existing models and add more options to vehicles for example national decals or animations of raising the barrel when reloading in Russian tanks
- Edit and create new models for example creating IT-1 from T-64
- Make more 2D interior textures and add more realistic sights
- Add scripts for vehicle and cannons towing
- Rewrite whole mod to prepare it for porting to Arma 3

INSTALATION:
Extract @p85ace into Arma 2 OA directory then add the mods to the start up by adding -Mod=@p85ace; to the launch options. Remember: if you want to play P85 you need mods that are in requirements.

NOTE: This isn't an extension release, all mods included should be removed or just not run when playing P85 version 2.1
NOTE2: Mod was tested only on 1.63 and we won’t downgrade it.

CREDITS:
Vilas - original author of this mod, he gave us rights to rewrite his mod and offers assistance with development
Old P85 development team and all contributors for this mod

- Vilas: models, textures, configs, normalmaps, materials, wounds and destruction system, most weapons, units and vehicles;
- ShadowNX: soviet units textures;
- Yaciek: models, textures, normalmaps, units wounds and weapons system, OFP textures merging, getting permision form LWP Mod to use their work from OFP;
- Ejay and Crazy Husars team – A1 missionmaking, help with configs, lots of help and M1 Abrams textures;
- Col. Faulkner – optics and much advice, british soldiers webbing and helmet;
- Rygugu – M60A3 and T-55, together with textures and materials;
- Modul – static guns animations;
- OVG, ZGuba
- TPM91 - sounds;
- community - 2S1 optics, help, consultations;
- SV5000 - config help, icons;
- WLD427 - artillery help;
- topas - bunch of textures, original author of logo;
- Dimitri Harkov - config help

Mukcep - for giving his MLODS to public (WOP, LOCW and much more)
NightIntruder for sharing with us MLODS of re-edited mukcep's planes an12, an26 and Tornado (original authors: Ivory / Dezkit) as well as conversion of mig21 and ch21 (sounds: Sgt. Savage) into Arma (original authors: Ivan Jurcaga (Mig-21MF), Mick Posch (CH-21))
Swedish Forces Mod Team - for giving us rights to rewrite their configs to make it full compatible with ACE (already not in use)
Franze - for giving us his Su-17/22M4 MLODS
Marseille77 - for giving us rights to use his DDR vehicle retextures
colonel stagler - for giving us rights to use his Irish Republican Army insurgents
Goose - for being our historical advisor
RKSL Studios - for giving us rights to their Tornado HUD MFD
PJO - for testing and constant feedback

OUR TEAM:
Project Lead: Damian
2D - Artists: Ruski, Warhog
Configs: Damian, Keeway, NightIntruder, Ruski
Arma 3 Porting: Keeway
Wiki: Ansupio
Trailer: Warhog (Montage); Damian, Kacper (Actors); Charles (Translation)

Download Links:
MEGA #1
Hotfix #1

Mods Requied:
GLT Missilebox
ACE
All ACEX Packs

Other medias:

26308.png

Promotion Arts Gallery

Licence Agreement:
By downloading and using the Project 85 you hereby agree to the following license agreement.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0

88x31.png

Changelog:

version 2.1
- first public release
version 2.1a
- removed dependency on RKSL FlareSystem
- removed textures from RKSL Studio
- changes in credits
- fixed gr.3 harrier
version 2.1b hotfix
- Removed dependency on mods that were in our clan pack
- AKMS family can finnaly use ACE AKM Magazines

• Like 1

Congrats on the release. Look forward to seeing everything.

Thanks for sharing your work. :)

Thanks for informing us of the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=====================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Keeway) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Two materpiece finally togheter, Vilas+Ace ..

Simply awesome !

A big terrain in coldwar style is now well accepted :) .. if any terrain maker has time to make it would be great !

Great work !

@Spooky Lynx: It will work, but a lot of features will be missing for example you might be not able to see all of the weapons. We also recommend playing it with all the mods requied.

Great work! Download in progress.

Still, would love an ACE-less version released alongside the ACE one.

New mod 2.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Polska Jednostka Operacyjna Modding Team;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

it crashes whenever I try to use the british chieftain or the tornado

I have all the requirements, is there anything I could of missed?

congrats on release btw :)

any chance we could get a English translation? I would like to use the Russian troops but I cant read russian Cyrillic :(

Edited by ryanbeckey0

yes Bars - title of topic was little confusing, so now title of topic is changed and it is clear - ACE'd version :)

non-ACE is still developed by me and will have updates "when i will find time" , but this topic is about ACE-version for ACE users (which differs in content and totally in scripts, functions etc.) :)

non-ACE version is still not ended and content will be updated with new, better models, textures etc.

simply this topic is about Keeway's ACE'd version

Edited by vilas

yes Bars - title of topic was little confusing, so now title of topic is changed and it is clear - ACE'd version :)

non-ACE is still developed by me and will have updates "when i will find time" , but this topic is about ACE-version for ACE users (which differs in content and totally in scripts, functions etc.) :)

non-ACE version is still not ended and content will be updated with new, better models, textures etc.

simply this topic is about Keeway's ACE'd version

Got it.

Still playing the ACE version and having fun.

BTW: Happy New Year everyone! :cool:

it crashes whenever I try to use the british chieftain or the tornado

I have all the requirements, is there anything I could of missed?

any chance we could get a English translation? I would like to use the Russian troops but I cant read russian Cyrillic :(

@Chieftain is not available in the public version due to licensing and absence of original author

@Tornado: check if you have tornado_gr4.pbo in @Project85 and upload .rpt for us

@English Tranlation: Check our wiki for both english/original language, we dont plan to do anything about this atm http://pjo.xaa.pl/p85/

@Chieftain is not available in the public version due to licensing and absence of original author

@Tornado: check if you have tornado_gr4.pbo in @Project85 and upload .rpt for us

@English Tranlation: Check our wiki for both english/original language, we dont plan to do anything about this atm http://pjo.xaa.pl/p85/

ok that explains it thanks :), is there anything else that is not included in public version but still listed in the editor ?

@English translation, that's perfect, I can use this to cross reference, I will learn the Cyrillic words soon enough :)

@tornado, sorry its not the tornado but its the GR3 that crashes

Edited by ryanbeckey0

Great work chaps.

I would recommend removing the RKSL system and GLT and either using your own weapons, or using default ECM suite.

ARMA 2 RKSL system has many bugs, is too complex, and is outdated.

GLT is good but cutting down on additional addons is always a plus. Im sure ACE includes many of the GLT missilebox weapons by default anyway.

@col. stagler We want to remove dependency on RKSL system in next patch, but from GLT we need guided bombs for soviets.

@ryan It happens sometimes if it happens just write this "this setVariable ["ACE_w_isMedic",true]" in init line.

@col. stagler We want to remove dependency on RKSL system in next patch, but from GLT we need guided bombs for soviets.

@ryan It happens sometimes if it happens just write this "this setVariable ["ACE_w_isMedic",true]" in init line.

If you are just missing KAB-500L then I swear there is one in ACE.

awesome thank you, I never knew that trick :)

ah it didn't fix it, the AI is still unable to heal other soldiers :(

@col. Its all about KAB-500 guided by GPS and INS

@ryan AI can't heal on ACE system

yeah I kno :(, was hoping the vanilla functionality would still be present like the other ACE medics, so you can play SP,

but no worries, ill just setup first aid tents at checkpoints :)

Great work chaps.

I would recommend removing the RKSL system and GLT and either using your own weapons, or using default ECM suite.

ARMA 2 RKSL system has many bugs, is too complex, and is outdated.

GLT is good but cutting down on additional addons is always a plus. Im sure ACE includes many of the GLT missilebox weapons by default anyway.

I'd agree its outdated. The version in the download is actually 2 releases old.

As for "many bugs" it would help if people actually implemented it properly and not hack it around. Just saying :p

Actually:

And can you please remove ALL the RKSL content used in the Tornado and other stuff too.

1. The watermarks are still there I've spoken to Dezkit about this many times previously.

2. Textures and materials from the Typhoon - My copyright notices is ALL over them.

3. Copy and paste of my MFD setup from the Typhoon

No one ever asked for permission to use it. I'd like it removed.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Just look at credits we got MLODS from NightIntruder, who was allowed to release these aircraft. Since recently he hasn't a lot of free time he also gave us the rights to do so. We have fixed and make this aircraft playable like nobody did and then we released in our pack. Prove us textures are yours and then we can add you to credits and if you dont want to be in credits talk to NightIntruder(person who gave us MLODS).