Sign in to follow this  
zorrobyte

Introducing ModRepo (Arma Mod Webhost)

I figured I'd update this thread as others have started posting on it!

ModRepo has been reborn as ArmaRepo for the Arma community. The new site is http://arma.modrepo.com

What I do:

• Game mod webhosting
  • Fast downloads using decentralized CDN tech, the more concurrent downloaders, the faster your download speeds
  • Optional but available webspace for authors (yourname.modrepo.com)
  • End user submission and content editing. You can submit/update your listings anytime from the front end
  • Rich user profiles with gamification, authors take center stage
  • Feedly/Flipboard/Full RSS support. Simply append /feed on almost any ArmaRepo URL to keep updated on what you care about
  • Known mod conflicts, requirements and general tags to easily find X Mod for X other Mod
  • Author tags, display all works by a specific author
  • License field, to select the content use license you prefer including "Other" option with License URL
  • Mod website URL support
  • Code Repoistory URL support
  • Follow submitters/authors and receive email updates when they post new mods
  • Mod centric, no BS design that is totally responsive to any device you browse the site on
  • More planned such as support ticketing system, Clan/Squad listings, community media library, and much more

Edited by zorrobyte

This space reserved, removed old content

Edited by zorrobyte

I honestly don't like the company-like way you promote yourselves. It reminds of all that legal bullcrap that's going on at the moment and would make me feel as if there's a downside to using your "service".

Also, the design of the website is not very appealing to me - Looks cluttered without even having so much stuff in it yet - and that weird fireball-element that constantly shows up is really annoying.

Just my two cents, good luck anyway!

I honestly don't like the company-like way you promote yourselves. It reminds of all that legal bullcrap that's going on at the moment and would make me feel as if there's a downside to using your "service".

Also, the design of the website is not very appealing to me - Looks cluttered without even having so much stuff in it yet - and that weird fireball-element that constantly shows up is really annoying.

It's just me running the site after I got a crazy idea to start a web hosting service for addon makers. I try to approach it in the sense that it is already a "viable service" so that I take it seriously, hold myself accountable to my goals. Overall I just want a platform, a canvas for others to create that is free and open to showcase their work. I truly do appreciate your feedback, thank you!

Good idea IMO. I know no other place, no suitable one anyway, where modder could have own, personalized "cave" with all his stuff stashed there. Even better, it's already more, than only idea. Best luck. :)

I honestly don't like the company-like way

Indeed however. I just have to say it somewhere, good opportunity is here.

Note, it's annoying with real companies, the more when someone only poses as such (why?). Such strange vocabulary, business/advertising slogans, rounded&sleek, insincere slang combed by law restrictions from one side and will of taking my money from another (so it's like about nothing-saying-all-suggesting phrases deceiving people in the way, that can't be forbidden by the court). Bad associations - avoid that. Such language is like a wall of $-shaped rigidity of expensive suits and false smiles between you and the others. :) Again - avoid that path. Each time I read, eg from BI or whoever, so they for example "are proud to announce" I have strong "yuck" feeling, willing to say: "hey, talk to me, whoever wrote this, plainly, say to me, what you have to say without creating artificial distance between us nor artificial familiarity. Just respectful and natural, like a man to another man, that we both are. Not as impersonal company trying to hypnotize my skinny wallet". Don't get me wrong, I'm sure, BI staff (and probably majority of other companies employees) are normal (well...) honest and respetful people, also BI announcements aren't that bad. Just that dehumanizing corpo-talk, whenever appears, makes opposite impression.

Apart from that - it sounds, like something-where-law-and-legality-is-involved, which works like warning sign "Beware mines - do not enter".

Edited by Rydygier

Would I be able to use your site in order to host a custom mix of mods for my milsim unit?

I've made it just about me. I am the one doing this, no more company "persona". Thank you for the input!

Gotta say, it's pretty cool. Check me out! http://soolie.modrepo.com/

I feel bad :( Soolie, you are welcome anytime to PM me and I'd be happy to set you up another webspace and even help do the work.

Would I be able to use your site in order to host a custom mix of mods for my milsim unit?

Of course! Just keep in mind that your submission will be public for anyone to download. If you are okay with that, I can support uploads natively up to 2G and anything above I can add to the server with the link. It'll ask on the submission form.