mdtorch

Post New Thread Button missing?

Wow... This is a pretty fkn stupid rule. 

I only signed up because I can't find the answer to my question anywhere else and only really wanted to ask my question and find out whats going on and now I have to screw about making posts just so I can ask a question, might want to reconsider this rule because most people won't read the rules and would just get frustrated and give up.

A lot of people would sign up to the forums to simple ask a question, having to piss about and make posts in other peoples threads you have no interest in is just stupid.

9 minutes ago, Facegoober said:

Wow... This is a pretty fkn stupid rule. 

Well thats a great way to introduce yourself on a forum. No need for the foul language. 

• Like 1

Yeah this is true and wasn't my intention so sorry, but it's also a bad introduction into a forum being forced to post in threads that you have no interest in and like I said a lot of people would just get frustrated and give up and BIS could lose customers.

You might think it a lil far fetched or over reaction but I would imagine it's already happened a few times unfortunately.

I was unaware about this. I was just trying to trouble shoot some issues.

I meant start a thread since searching has yielded no answers for over 2 weeks :(

On 3/26/2017 at 6:46 PM, Jgbroz said:

I meant start a thread since searching has yielded no answers for over 2 weeks :(

Sending you a PM to help troubleshoot what issue you might have.

Also, fyi to others, new users are currently no longer completely restricted from posting a new thread in a trial period... a new method has been implemented that should be more user friendly.

• Like 1

I don't see a "Start new thread" button for this forum....  Is that normal?

No biggie, just wondering.

You've got a 'create' button on the upper right side of the screen, next to the 'bell'

That "Create" button is unusable, as all forums are grayed out (unclickable) in it.

I see a Start New Topic button on all forums except this one ("BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE: Web-Pages"). 

15 minutes ago, Gauroroth said:

oh well, first post i guess 4 to follow :(

The forums have a new system, you should already to be able to create threads.

5 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

The forums have a new system, you should already to be able to create threads.

I do not see a create thread button next to the notifications bell sign.

Could you tell me something about that new system then?

2 hours ago, Gauroroth said:

I do not see a create thread button next to the notifications bell sign.

Could you tell me something about that new system then?

Because you need 5 posts in order to see it, you only have 3 atm.

When you do reach 5 posts, whatever you need to create a new thread for, best to search and make sure that what your asking or posting about hasn't

already been posted, asked, unless its something original.

This is a very irritating rule. I have no interest in topics other than the specific one that I need to create a thread for and as such my input will most likely not be valuable. It is ludicrous to force users to spam five threads before being able to use the forum properly. I have tried many times to find a thread where I am interested and can give truly useful input that adds to the topic and I simply cannot, and thus I have been unable to post my question.

• Like 1

I agree, this is a pain.  I haven't accessed my account in some time so I retrieved my password and logged in only to find I couldn't post anything.  Can't change my avatar either.  This is message 1 of 5 I guess...

• Like 1

I wanted to start a new thread here but failed with Chrome on Android. I found the new thread button, but in that forum picker I cannot choose a forum, no reaction on tap. 

I wanted to complain about the mobile UI. Still a huge space waster.  2.5 pages on vertical screen in addons forum, until the peoples threads begin. 

They bought shiny crap software. Every time I want to edit stuff in code tags I get reminded that this forum software may be a shiny marketing tool, but crap. Ok if we take situational rage away, its still not fun to use. You BIS guys are not doing enough for making the community running well.

On 30/03/2017 at 3:33 PM, OMAC said:

I have the same problem. @R0adki11 has reported it to Community Manager, hopefully, there's a fix soon.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2017 at 3:33 PM, OMAC said:

@OMAC, this has been fixed for me now. Probably for you too?

On 5/22/2017 at 3:32 AM, Tankbuster said:

@OMAC, this has been fixed for me now. Probably for you too?

Yep, all is good now.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 20/12/2014 at 4:39 PM, waigl said:

That was my account the this question was about.

We just found out what the reason was – Torch already has more than five posts, and I don't.

Please disregard this thread.

well, that answers my question haha

Lol. I don't mind protection but 5 posts ? 

Exactly this can flood forum with stuff