mdtorch

Post New Thread Button missing?

Hey guys,

a friend of mine registered here and wanted to start a new thread about our new server, but he's missing the "Post New Thread"-button. In fact he can reply to already existing threads, but can't post a new one. Any ideas what went wrong? (He is registered and logged in, he activated his account after he received the mail).

Thx a lot m8s

• Like 1

That was my account the this question was about.

We just found out what the reason was – Torch already has more than five posts, and I don't.

Please disregard this thread.

^ Yeah that ^

Spambot protection plain and simple ;)

Note:

1. New member's posts are auto-moderated, please don't re-post the same message over&over again.

2. New members are required to fill captcha before posting new answers/threads.

3. New members are limited in editing/accessing variety of profile & forum features.

These limitations are removed for regular forum users.

Scroll aaaaaaall the way down :whistle:

• Like 1

So when can "New members" become regular members?

I had a question about an ArmA 3 weapon that I do not see in any other discussion. I would like to post my questions and concerns about it.

So when can "New members" become regular members?

I had a question about an ArmA 3 weapon that I do not see in any other discussion. I would like to post my questions and concerns about it.

You a free to post, however until you have 5 or more posts your posts will have to be approved.

It's hilarious that I have to "spam" other threads just to get more than 5 Posts just to start a thread.

It's hilarious that I have to "spam" other threads just to get more than 5 Posts just to start a thread.

you don't need 5 posts to post new thread ;) that's overboard ...

It's done to help prevent spam bots. Just find some threads and add to the discussion.

You a free to post, however until you have 5 or more posts your posts will have to be approved.

Hmm, I seem to be unable to post an auto-moderated post, as below the list of threads I see the following:

Posting Permissions

You may not post new threads

You may post replies

You may not post attachments

You may edit your posts

Do I really have to do as MokoMoko says? (If so, I suppose this is 1/5)

auto-moderation is different trigger and rules ...

Well, that explains it. Serves me right for skim reading the forum rules. I read the important things, but skimmed a few of the lesser points like avatar sizes.. and this titbit apparently.

Thanks for posting thread, I was getting somewhat frustrated.

Edit - I can't believe that I've been playing the ARMA series for 5 years and I've never made a forum profile!

Edited by Dei
Titbit.

I was wondering why I couldn't post. Guess I need to post some and try to be productive.

Ah this is how it works!

To be honest - I´ve never seen such "system" anywhere yet.

I understand that it should prevent spam but... ok. Could be placed more promiment to the user.

Ah this is how it works!

To be honest - I´ve never seen such "system" anywhere yet.

I understand that it should prevent spam but... ok. Could be placed more promiment to the user.

It does say in the forum rules, which you should have read before agreeing to them:

Note:

1. New member's posts are auto-moderated, please don't re-post the same message over&over again.

2. New members are required to fill captcha before posting new answers/threads.

3. New members are limited in editing/accessing variety of profile & forum features.

These limitations are removed for regular forum users.

Hi all, I still do not have permission to post a new thread, but I would like to know if I can just put my advertising logos in servers and pull messages from time to time in my server?

thanks.

I too have been stopped from making a thread, this is a really bad feature, Not everyone who plays posts on forums, yet when we have a problem we're left with the choice of making posts on other threads or hijacking someone elses thread to ask our irrelevant question.

Well here's post number 2, 3 more to go before I can begin to ask what I came here for.

I was wondering why I couldn't post a new thread haha, this thread indeed helped me out.

That's weird feature especially when you don't mention it anywhere in the site. And before you mention, "limited in editing/accessing variety of profile & forum features" doesn't do it justice. I actually read that and still didn't know why I can't post new thread and what I need to do to be able to post.