SENSEII

[COOP] Dynamic Combat Generator

either since ArmA 3 Update or the new Ace 3 v3.4.0 no longer works, the mission? If for a fix made?

german;

entweder seit dem ArmA 3 Ubdate oder der neuen Ace 3 v3.4.0 funktioniert die mission nicht mehr ? Wird dafür ein fix gemacht ?

Had a quick look and its something around here,  

23:57:43   Error Type String, expected Array
23:57:43 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\fnc\fn_findRandomPos.sqf, line 15

Maybe remove the file, or wait for the Author to fix what arma 3 update has broken,,

Also the DCG download is corrupt, wont let me Jzip it open

Wow. DCG works with filepatching enabled, hallelujah. 

Wow. DCG works with filepatching enabled, hallelujah. 

hmm, as i'm not really someone who knows much about all those server things... will activating it make any problems in stability... security or whatever?

All i know is that it allows the dedi server to read the userconfig\dcg\sen_unitpools.sqf which it really wants to read now. I didnt put anything in it, so it spawns csat as default opfor now. I really liked the way it was before, i think it spawned russian (rhs) and takistani units instead (played takistan), wish it would go back to that.

We are a relatively small and closed community so i trust people to not mess with the server anyway.

Somethings i noticed:

-Icons dont appear anymore for the special missions (stabilize civilian, hostage rescue, id politician), instead of that big letter icon, it now uses the old arma 3 waypoint indicator.

-Rebel attack every 15 minutes or so. So damn often. I dont know how 1.54 affected the timings.

-CSAT units all the time now (except for rebel attacks which i think are random).

-calling the DCG transport works, but after getting in, there is no "click destination" option like before. chopper waits, and then dumps all players on board and flies off away. It has done this twice after ive loaded the hostage onboard, so the ai helo ended up kidnapping the hostage instead.

I'm continuing to work on updates for DCG. All of the recent issues will be resolved. I'll post here with more info in the coming weeks.

Heya SENSEII! How goes it?

Is there a way to add custom locations (other than the built in ones the map has) so that DCG recognizes it as a town or city? Perhaps with a marker or something. Some custom maps just dont have enough locations :p.

You can use createLocation at the start of initServer.sqf. (DCG looks for "NameVillage", "NameCity" and "NameCityCapital").

Thanks man. Im trying to find in fn_taskrebelciv where the frequency of rebel attacks is, because for some reason after 1.54, rebel attacks are way too frequent. Where can i find this value?

You should be able to adjust the rebel attack chance in fn_getApproval.

// rebel attacks
_chance = [min chance, max chance, chance at mission start, multiplier] call SEN_fnc_getApprovalNumber;
_return pushBack _chance;

hy SENSEII

Can we count an a fix in the forseeable future so that the mission is playable again?
Like myself and plenty others have already mentioned, sice the last ACE 3 and ArmA 3 update your mission isn't running anymore.
It would really be a shame not being able to offer this mission on our server anymore.
 Therefore my question is when can we expect an update of your mission.

Senseii would it mess up triggers and stuff if i changed the blufor to opfor? i want to have players as Opfor.

Wop. Just tested. Objectives dont appear. Cities still get occupied though (independent) (but you cant liberate them). 

Any hints as to what scripts i should change? (or are there too many :p)

hy SENSEII

Can we count an a fix in the forseeable future so that the mission is playable again?

Like myself and plenty others have already mentioned, sice the last ACE 3 and ArmA 3 update your mission isn't running anymore.

It would really be a shame not being able to offer this mission on our server anymore.

Therefore my question is when can we expect an update of your mission.

I don't have a specific date, but I'm definitely working on it. More info below.

Senseii would it mess up triggers and stuff if i changed the blufor to opfor? i want to have players as Opfor.

Wop. Just tested. Objectives dont appear. Cities still get occupied though (independent) (but you cant liberate them). 

Any hints as to what scripts i should change? (or are there too many :P)

Previous versions of DCG were designed to be playable as blufor only. I'd suggest waiting on the next version :)

The update to DCG is coming along nicely and I wanted to provide some info as a lot has changed. The project is no longer a mission; instead DCG is a collection of lightweight addons, designed with cooperative gameplay, ease of use and modularity in mind. This redesign allows you to incorporate any of the DCG addons into a cooperative mission and customize the addon settings to your liking.

Basically, you can create a simple mission or use the included scenario, enable the desired addons and start playing!

I've listed some basic info below. However, the addons and settings are not final.

DCG is a serverside mod.

dependencies
CBA

external content support (optional)
ACE3
ACRE2
TFAR
iniDB2

addon list
main addon
description: required addon
settings: debug mode, base name, base radius, blacklisted map locations, unit pools
transport addon
description: call in AI helicopters to transport players
settings: max simultaneous transport count, transport cooldown
fob addon
description: construct and fortify fob using Zeus interface
settings: fob name, fob flag texture, objects available to fob, include player side objects only, hq recon cooldown
civilian addon
description: populate map with civilians, traffic and animals
settings: civilian spawn distance
radio addon
description: setup acre2, tfar and communications network for coop gameplay
settings: assign units to command, support and squad networks, assign radios to networks
ied addon
description: populate map with ieds
settings: work in progress
patrol addon
description: populate map with enemy infantry and vehicles
settings: dynamic group max count, dynamic group check interval, armored vehicle spawn chance
occupy addon
description: occupy map locations with enemy forces
settings: number of locations to occupy, enemy force multiplier, cooldown until occupation of another location
weather addon
description: set map dependent weather at mission start
settings: map data listing cloud coverage by month
server addon
description: includes serverconfig.hpp. All addon settings are customizable through this file
  • Like 4

Wow :) As long as its serverside and clients dont have to have it, Thats AWESOME!. Cannot wait. (kinda like ALiVE?)        

What are the advantages as having it as a server addon instead of a mission?

Yeah, it should only be installed on the server. The mod won't have any effect on a client.

The advantages are that you can set up the scenario however you like. For example, if you wanted the mission to consist of a series of tasks without occupied locations, you would disable the occupy addon, enable the task addon and set the task cooldown to a low number. (the task addon is unlisted for the moment). By mixing and matching the included addons and messing with the settings you can customize the experience to your liking.

Another advantage is that these addons should transfer to any coop scenario. For example, you could easily run the transport addon while playing another mission and instantly have all the functionality that was previously limited to the DCG mission.

• Like 1

Yeah, it should only be installed on the server. The mod won't have any effect on a client.

The advantages are that you can set up the scenario however you like. For example, if you wanted the mission to consist of a series of tasks without occupied locations, you would disable the occupy addon, enable the task addon and set the task cooldown to a low number. (the task addon is unlisted for the moment). By mixing and matching the included addons and messing with the settings you can customize the experience to your liking.

Another advantage is that these addons should transfer to any coop scenario. For example, you could easily run the transport addon while playing another mission and instantly have all the functionality that was previously limited to the DCG mission.

that sounds like a really cool idea would there be a way so you can spawn different units to ?

that sounds like a really cool idea would there be a way so you can spawn different units to ?

The main addon includes unit pools for each side that are defined in the config and customizable through the server addon. The other addons included in DCG pull from these arrays, so the defined units are automatically used throughout the mod. Also, these config entries are set as global variables that can be accessed at any point after preInit, so mission makers can take advantage of the unit pools.

That's a really awesome way to do it, I look forward to seeing it.

I do have a question about deaths during missions.

It seems like that most of the time when we play, we just go unconscious and drop to the ground instead of dying.

It takes a very, very, very high amount of firepower to even kill one of us off and I was wondering if there was a way to fix that.

We play with ACE3 and when we play other missions we die quite easily.

It just makes the sessions much more tense when you can't just use nine bandages and an epinephrine to revive someone who should have died already.

Otherwise we still very much enjoy this and it's great :D

Just about to get Takistan and Chernarus maps so we'll have much fun with those as well!

Having the addons optional is a good decision IMO.

I'm really looking forward to the release of DCG(2?).

Thanks for all your hard work and continous support.

EDIT:

BTW: are you planning on adding kit restrictions aswell?

That's a really awesome way to do it, I look forward to seeing it.

I do have a question about deaths during missions.

It seems like that most of the time when we play, we just go unconscious and drop to the ground instead of dying.

It takes a very, very, very high amount of firepower to even kill one of us off and I was wondering if there was a way to fix that.

We play with ACE3 and when we play other missions we die quite easily.

It just makes the sessions much more tense when you can't just use nine bandages and an epinephrine to revive someone who should have died already.

Otherwise we still very much enjoy this and it's great :D

Just about to get Takistan and Chernarus maps so we'll have much fun with those as well!

There are definitely some inconsistencies between 3.0.9 and the latest ACE version. 

However, I'm putting my time into the next version, so I'm not exactly sure what's going on in that situation. 

Having the addons optional is a good decision IMO.

I'm really looking forward to the release of DCG(2?).

Thanks for all your hard work and continous support.

EDIT:

BTW: are you planning on adding kit restrictions aswell?

I've played around with the role restriction idea, but I don't have anything solid in the works. 

DCG is coming along nicely. I finally got a working version of the save/load functionality. It looks like iniDB won't be necessary. I also updated the FOB system to work with AI units. You'll be able to set all the AI on patrol around the FOB through a single ACE action (or vanilla addAction).

bz24jhp.jpg

hlv3Nbz.jpg

• Like 1

This is awesome Senseii!! Can't wait!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

edit:

Just a tip. Can you upload the mission to Github (for example) and we can help you to translate in different language? Or we can help trying to find some bugs in the mission. 

Salutes!! Sorry for my english.

Hi Senseii,

I installed Ace3 for the first time to test your DCG which sounds really awesome.

Didn´t configured Ace3 at all just added it to the mods to start to try DCG.

Now when I host a Altis or Chernarus Session with DCG I can´t access the Virtual Arsenal, enter Vehicles (if they appear) and no friendly forces spawn with me.

I started with MCC to see if they just somewhere else but no - I am alone but the enemies spawn. Is this intended?

Did I miss something?

I use the pbo from your download, ace3 without any optional stuff, shacktac-interface, JSRS 2.5, Cup Maps and Weapons, Blastcore Skies.

Hope someone can clear things up for me.

Regards