SENSEII

[COOP] Dynamic Combat Generator

The deliver supplies task uses crates specific to the task. They spawn at the depot. If any of the crates are destroyed, the task will fail.

There is a chance that your vehicle will break down on the way to the task marker. Autorotation is necessary if you decide to use a helicopter.

Additionally, ACE's cargo system is a bit bugged. When unloading items, they may spawn inside another object, so I suggest you make sure there is a good amount of space around the vehicle before unloading items. Also, try not to spam the unload button when removing several items (they may spawn inside each other).

The deliver supplies task uses crates specific to the task. They spawn at the depot. If any of the crates are destroyed, the task will fail.

There is a chance that your vehicle will break down on the way to the task marker. Autorotation is necessary if you decide to use a helicopter.

Additionally, ACE's cargo system is a bit bugged. When unloading items, they may spawn inside another object, so I suggest you make sure there is a good amount of space around the vehicle before unloading items. Also, try not to spam the unload button when removing several items (they may spawn inside each other).

I think the script/mission just bugged out, the first chopper was totally destroyed in the crash, but the mission never failed. 

Why not allowing us to use any medical crate and not only the automatic spawned ones?

Just wanted to say my team loves this mission, although I do wish there was persistence of some sort.. we like to come back to things over a few weeks. 

And with the structure of the teams, and the radios, it's almost perfect for big team play throughout time. 

2. If you're talking about the main tasks then they only spawn after locating the officer (same as previous versions). If the civilian tasks aren't spawning for you then I'll need to see an rpt file.

does -nologs (startup parameter) disable rpt file creation?

because I can't find any RPT file (there are only RPT files before I played any DCG) on the filepath you mentioned.

in DCG v3.0.8, all missions are generated within one minute after mission start though. but in DCG v3.0.9 only locate officer were generated. Civilian missions doesn't start.

Yo yo yo, it's me again. Hey SENSEII, could you please tell me how to stop patrol spawning outside the enemy captured towns? I want ALiVE to populate all other towns instead.

Thank you!

Hi Senseii and thank you for your great work.  My clan is using this mission in some of our events and i ran into an "issue"  with the sen_unitpools.sqf.

Problem: During the game the server spawns a few units not mentioned in the sen_unitpools.sqf.

I filled the enemy arrays ,as per your indications, with rhs units and vehicles classnames of my choice, all from the same faction VDV. I checked multiple times and I haven't inserted the AAsoldier from vdv in the array but those AA infantry units keep spwaning during the game and that's the main problem becouse we use just Little Birds as transportation.

I guess that a some point the DCG just spawns GROUPS of units instead of SINGLE units and that's why i find those unwanted enemy AA infantry units. It's just my guess.

The DCG has actually no problems, my request is: is there a way to blacklist those AA units or those groups containing AA unitis ?

Thank you !

Why not allowing us to use any medical crate and not only the automatic spawned ones?

I'll look into it.

Just wanted to say my team loves this mission, although I do wish there was persistence of some sort.. we like to come back to things over a few weeks. 

And with the structure of the teams, and the radios, it's almost perfect for big team play throughout time. 

:)

does -nologs (startup parameter) disable rpt file creation?

because I can't find any RPT file (there are only RPT files before I played any DCG) on the filepath you mentioned.

in DCG v3.0.8, all missions are generated within one minute after mission start though. but in DCG v3.0.9 only locate officer were generated. Civilian missions doesn't start.

Yeah, nologs will interfere with rpt creation. I'm interested to see what the issue is because tasks are definitely working for others.

Yo yo yo, it's me again. Hey SENSEII, could you please tell me how to stop patrol spawning outside the enemy captured towns? I want ALiVE to populate all other towns instead.

Thank you!

There's a mission parameter for that, but I just found a bug  :(. If you disable the patrols, you'll need to open SEN_occupy.sqf and move the code that involves SEN_complete out of the patrol per frame handler. At the moment, SEN_complete won't change unless the patrol parameter is on.

Hi Senseii and thank you for your great work.  My clan is using this mission in some of our events and i ran into an "issue"  with the sen_unitpools.sqf.

Problem: During the game the server spawns a few units not mentioned in the sen_unitpools.sqf.

I filled the enemy arrays ,as per your indications, with rhs units and vehicles classnames of my choice, all from the same faction VDV. I checked multiple times and I haven't inserted the AAsoldier from vdv in the array but those AA infantry units keep spwaning during the game and that's the main problem becouse we use just Little Birds as transportation.

I guess that a some point the DCG just spawns GROUPS of units instead of SINGLE units and that's why i find those unwanted enemy AA infantry units. It's just my guess.

The DCG has actually no problems, my request is: is there a way to blacklist those AA units or those groups containing AA unitis ?

Thank you !

The classnames have to be of the side that you select in the mission parameters. For example, if you fill SEN_unitpool with a blufor "B_Solider_F", but the enemy side mission parameter is set to east, the blufor soldier will not be used.

That may be your issue.

file requested sent to your inbox. hope it helps you and us. hehe :P

*received your PM, will try your method and update you later. 

Can this be ported to other maps?

Yes, easily. No changes to the code are necessary.

Hi Senseii,

I'm wondering exactly how the unit pool works and what it's limitations are. For instance, if I place an AT and a Rifleman, do each of them have an equal chance to spawn (and if i instead put down like rifleman, rifleman, rifleman, AT. i would then have 75% riflemen and 25% AT?)

Also, is there a way of allowing selection of factions. in my case allowing use of arid camouflaged enemies on takistan, and lush camo enemies on chernarus, or it randomly choosing one faction out of multiple choices (so i don't have CSAT intermixed with Russian troops etc).

Thanks for your help and your awesome mission!

I filled my unit pool with third party addon class names, then I activated the "custom content" in briefing screen. But DCG keep spawing different units. What do?

Hi Senseii,

I'm wondering exactly how the unit pool works and what it's limitations are. For instance, if I place an AT and a Rifleman, do each of them have an equal chance to spawn (and if i instead put down like rifleman, rifleman, rifleman, AT. i would then have 75% riflemen and 25% AT?)

Also, is there a way of allowing selection of factions. in my case allowing use of arid camouflaged enemies on takistan, and lush camo enemies on chernarus, or it randomly choosing one faction out of multiple choices (so i don't have CSAT intermixed with Russian troops etc).

Thanks for your help and your awesome mission!

Each element of the pool has an equal chance to spawn. So you're correct. If you place copies of a classname, it will have a higher chance of spawning.

Map specific pools are part of the next release. Also, the userconfig file is being expanded to include TFAR/ACRE2 settings and comm net settings.

The map specific settings will end up looking something like...

SEN_unitPool = [
	["GLOBAL","myUnit1"], // units used on all maps
	["ALTIS","myUnit2","myUnit3","myUnit4"],
        ["TAKISTAN","myUnit5","myUnit6"]
];

I filled my unit pool with third party addon class names, then I activated the "custom content" in briefing screen. But DCG keep spawing different units. What do?

Make sure the units exist on the server and the unit's side matches the "enemy side" mission param. A unit's side is defined in its config (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> CLASS >> "side").

In the next release, users can set the enemy side param to 'Auto-Detect' and DCG will set the enemy side variable depending on which units are in the pool.

• Like 1

Tried v3.0.9 as you suggested. everything works well now.

Thanks for solving the problem. :D

Map specific pools are part of the next release. 

Kool. Was about to ask for this :).

How can I change enemy difficulty and precision in this mission? I use TADST server tool but changing it there doesn't seem to work..

How can I change enemy difficulty and precision in this mission? I use TADST server tool but changing it there doesn't seem to work..

asked a similar question. SENSEII suggested using @ASR_AI :)

trying to change the location of MOB dodge. Are the important parts the markers? Like rescued civilians are rescued by bringing them to the Headquarters marker? or injured civilians to the medical center marker?

Actually what i really want is to have two locations where i could bring objectives (vip rescues, etc..) . So i could either bring an objective to the land MOB dodge, or to the nimitz carrier, and either way will succeed the task.

Another problem. With the vehicle spawner its not listing all the vehicles telling me error cannot fetch vehicles/ fixed

Hi,

Thanks SENSEII for your work, that awesome mission !

I've two questions :

- I want to add Arsenal on portable ammo box, how can I add this ? I've tested by Init field and SEN_ACE3Actions.sqf, that work localy but not on my dedicated server. Do yo have an idea ?

- For the next versions, do you think to add more languages ?

Thanks again,

NOTE : When I've tested DCG on my server, I had to put "Use Modified Content if Available" on OFF, if I returned to the lobby with message "Script userconfig\dcg\sen_unitpools.sqf not found".

little problem:

i´m standing right know at the depot some versions ago there was HEMMT for the deliver supplies task.

the hemmt issnt there and no boxes. was something changed how that mission works? had the same issue with "repair patrol" mission

no supplies at the depot. (tested on chernarus and takistan

Hey, 

we just did a test round on your mission and i have to say very nice scripting.

Only thing missing is an safesystem wich allows to safe progress beyond server restart, with this it would be perfect.

Any chance some kind of savefile like Liberation map using is planned?

trying to change the location of MOB dodge. Are the important parts the markers? Like rescued civilians are rescued by bringing them to the Headquarters marker? or injured civilians to the medical center marker?

Actually what i really want is to have two locations where i could bring objectives (vip rescues, etc..) . So i could either bring an objective to the land MOB dodge, or to the nimitz carrier, and either way will succeed the task.

Another problem. With the vehicle spawner its not listing all the vehicles telling me error cannot fetch vehicles/ fixed

Yes, the markers are used as the spawn/return points for several tasks. If you want a task to complete on more than one marker you'll have to open up the specific task function and add the desired marker to the completion condition. 

You should be able to tell what causes a task to succeed or fail by looking at the conditions that call BIS_fnc_taskSetState.

Hi,

Thanks SENSEII for your work, that awesome mission !

I've two questions :

- I want to add Arsenal on portable ammo box, how can I add this ? I've tested by Init field and SEN_ACE3Actions.sqf, that work localy but not on my dedicated server. Do yo have an idea ?

- For the next versions, do you think to add more languages ?

Thanks again,

NOTE : When I've tested DCG on my server, I had to put "Use Modified Content if Available" on OFF, if I returned to the lobby with message "Script userconfig\dcg\sen_unitpools.sqf not found".

I'll look into the languages and I'm working on solving the current issues with the userconfig.

little problem:

i´m standing right know at the depot some versions ago there was HEMMT for the deliver supplies task.

the hemmt issnt there and no boxes. was something changed how that mission works? had the same issue with "repair patrol" mission

no supplies at the depot. (tested on chernarus and takistan

The HEMTT was replaced with actual medical supply boxes. Someone else mentioned the boxes not showing on Chernarus. I'll check it out.

Hey, 

we just did a test round on your mission and i have to say very nice scripting.

Only thing missing is an safesystem wich allows to safe progress beyond server restart, with this it would be perfect.

Any chance some kind of savefile like Liberation map using is planned?

I'm working on it  :). 

hi did you change how to change the unit pool cant find it ?

Check out the userconfig file.

• Like 1

Yes, the markers are used as the spawn/return points for several tasks. If you want a task to complete on more than one marker you'll have to open up the specific task function and add the desired marker to the completion condition. 

You should be able to tell what causes a task to succeed or fail by looking at the conditions that call BIS_fnc_taskSetState.

I'll look into the languages and I'm working on solving the current issues with the userconfig.

The HEMTT was replaced with actual medical supply boxes. Someone else mentioned the boxes not showing on Chernarus. I'll check it out.

I'm working on it  :). 

Check out the userconfig file.

hmm is there no other way just asking that's all