SENSEII

[COOP] Dynamic Combat Generator

Great Mission!! I played it on few servers, and 

Few things:

1. I can confirm that only surrendering units (surrendering enemies) can be transported and cuffed. Hostage and stabilised citizen cannot.

2. I have few suggestions/wishes:

1st. Could you please implement units and wehicles from this mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26723 ?

2nd. Would it be possible to change the FOB Pireli Building system? The Zeus way is simple and easy, but not enough realistic. I would prefer if the player would be forced to bring Truck, Crate or Container of corresponding size/ammount from the main base for each structure he wants to build on the FOB

3rd. Role and Rank dependent spawning of wehicles so Infantary man should be not able to spawn Tank or Plane.

4th. Punishment for loosing/abndoning vehicle. Vehicles should not despawn when left abandoned. Instead, when player wants to spawn new vehicle, he should be required to bring the old one back.

When vehicle is destroyed, player should be required to bring the vreck back to base in order to be able to spawn new one.

5th. Suicide Bomber should not beep. Instead, there should be visual clue (not too obvious) that the civilian running towards player has some sinnister intentions. ( Tank Mine strapped to his back or Grenade in the hand. )

The surrender setting should be fixed in 3.0.9.

• In 3.0.9 server admins can easily add those units and vehicles with the included userconfig.
  • I'm all for realism, but I think most players wouldn't bother with the FOB if it took that much effort to build it.
  • Several of the communities that use DCG are not large enough to fill all the roles. Implementing restrictions such as this would lead to players having to switch slots mid game.
  • Player spawned vehicles don't despawn if abandoned, but it would be interesting to have a cost associated with using a vehicle. I'll think on it.
  • I may make the audio cue optional as some player prefer it and some don't. However, the suicide bomber does wear a vest which visually indicates his intentions. 

UPDATE!!! YAY!!!

:D

Yay.

could you please integrate a version were it is possible to play as Red or Green Faction?

It's possible, but at the moment I'm focused on adding more tasks. 

Hi thx for the great mission.

edit : my fault ;)

Glad you enjoy it!

@SENSEII sorry my bad, I overlooked the userconfig and also the arsenal :D

No problem  :)

• Like 1

@SENSEII sorry my bad, I overlooked the userconfig and also the arsenal :D

X CUSE ME ,CAN YOU HELP ME? I 'M HAVING PROBLEM TOO WITH THE ARSENAL, I CANT SEE IT,WHAT DID YOU DO TO FIX IT?

sORRY 4 MY ENGLISH...BYE

...OK ....-.- solved

Edited by ab_luca

tried the v3.0.9 on local host both altis and takistan map.

1. Arsenal not working.

2. Tasks/Objectives doesn't generate. (only locate officer)

any idea where I got it wrong or how to fix it? hehe..

1. Concerning Arsenal...

• removed vanilla addactions - replaced with ACE interaction menu

2. If you're talking about the main tasks then they only spawn after locating the officer (same as previous versions). If the civilian tasks aren't spawning for you then I'll need to see an rpt file.

• Like 1

1. Concerning Arsenal...

2. If you're talking about the main tasks then they only spawn after locating the officer (same as previous versions). If the civilian tasks aren't spawning for you then I'll need to see an rpt file.

1. meaning arsenal is accessed via ACE Interaction menu?

2. civilian tasks aren't spawning too. how to get the rpt file?

(you've got to teach me how-to get the rpt file because I'm absolutely no idea what is that.) hehe..  :rolleyes:

1. Yeah

2. C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma 3 - sort by date modified and send me the latest one.

hey senseii, thanks for the mission! definitely one of the best dynamics I've come across. Sorry if this has already been asked, I had a quick browse through the pages but couldn't see anything. I'm trying to use some of the units from the leights opfor pack but as it uses both RHS packs as a requirement the mission always generates the russian RHS units for the opfor side instead of the Leights units, I figured that would happen anyway so I tried adding the classnames into the pool .sqf but that didn't seem to work. As a test I tried using a units mod that isnt officially supported by adding the classnames as well but that also didn't work. 

Just wondering if you have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? If not no worries, I'll keep troubleshooting until I get it working :) Thanks

hey senseii, thanks for the mission! definitely one of the best dynamics I've come across. Sorry if this has already been asked, I had a quick browse through the pages but couldn't see anything. I'm trying to use some of the units from the leights opfor pack but as it uses both RHS packs as a requirement the mission always generates the russian RHS units for the opfor side instead of the Leights units, I figured that would happen anyway so I tried adding the classnames into the pool .sqf but that didn't seem to work. As a test I tried using a units mod that isnt officially supported by adding the classnames as well but that also didn't work. 

Just wondering if you have any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? If not no worries, I'll keep troubleshooting until I get it working :) Thanks

Any classnames you put into sen_unitpools.sqf should overwrite the predefined units as long as those classnames exist on the server. You should also check the following...

• make sure the last line of sen_unitpools is set to TRUE
  • make sure the "Use Modified Content" mission parameter is on
  • make sure sen_unitpools is at this path, \userconfig\dcg\sen_unitpools.sqf
  • the rpt file should mention something like, "Importing unit pools from server...". You can find the rpt file at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma 3

changed transport system functionality - due to a system breaking bug in the previous implementation, the first player to board the copilot seat will have control over the transport HLZ

so i call the helicopter to rtb, mark a LZ, chopper is landing, i'm getting in and what should i do now?

so i call the helicopter to rtb, mark a LZ, chopper is landing, i'm getting in and what should i do now?

this info's in the field manual.

I can never seem to get the arsenal working, know any fix for this?

Senseii said Arsenal has been moved to ACE interaction.

Good morning,

Can i ask you what version of virtual vehicle spawner are you using in the mission? because sometimes the vehicle explode when someone get in...

maybe it is to update to 4.1??

thank you

I use a modified version of VVS. The exploding vehicles bug is a long standing issue that is not specific to DCG. 

Here are a couple reports referencing the bug.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22599

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21095

thanks for answer...

I put the last VVS script in a mission...it seems have no more that problem...it spawn some planes (especially @USAF) 3meters above terrain,but is less important because I think is because of the mod...

If you are thinking about a fix this can be one way...or maybe if you know a better solution I am pleased and I will  wait for that

bye

I'll look into it again, but I've tried spawning the vehicle at different locations, different heights, enabling/disabling simulation on spawn. All instances still had the occasional explosion. It's weird.

• Like 1

Great mission i just started to play it and it is awesome. 

• Like 1

Just like to say I love the mission but agree a "cost" of some sort for vehicles would be nice, so my team isn't tempted to just take out you know, 3 Bradleys and roll around lol. We have more self control than that, but a price of some sort wouldn't hurt :) 

Hi!

I'm currently trying to add ASR AI 3 to the DCG mission I use with some of my friends but I just can't do it. I am absolutely not a modder and I know almost nothing about arma3 editor and mods, the frist problem is here...
My question is simple: What do I have to do to make this mod work with DCG? I am hosting it on my computer, which is working with ACE and some other mods (like MCC or LAX_M) but I just can't add ASR inside the mission.

Pretty sure it is something really simple but... Problem solved and it works VERY WELL! Thanks :)

On the other hand, we experienced some problems :
- When the mission is to deliver medical supplies, if one or more boxes are destroyed (by a player or random explosion) the task ends failed. This is very anoying because we just could spawn another box at the depot and try again?

By now I didn't find any mod as great as this one, you are doing an incredible job.
Thanks a lot!
(please excuse my english)

Hi there, are the missions for the medical supplies just basic crates? We loaded up at the depot but the chopper was shot down, I didn't pay much attention as I didn't load the chopper. Will loading 3 basic medical crates work?

I think is part of the mission that the medical vehicle get damaged and ambushed ...so you have to defend,repair it and go on...it is more safe go on the ground, because if you load the medical crates in the chopper and you will not survive to the crash...probably you arebreaking the script

I think is part of the mission that the medical vehicle get damaged and ambushed ...so you have to defend,repair it and go on...it is more safe go on the ground, because if you load the medical crates in the chopper and you will not survive to the crash...probably you arebreaking the script

Well I tested it out and crashed purposely and it auto-failed the mission, I'm thinking something went wrong when my squadmates tried it and it didn't all trigger properly.