SENSEII

[COOP] Dynamic Combat Generator

@SENSEII

Could you please add bi dynamic groups into next version? It's the squad manager accessed via U.

initPlayerLocal.sqf

["InitializePlayer", [player, true]] call BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups; // Initializes the player/client side Dynamic Groups framework and registers the player group

initServer.sqf

["Initialize", [true]] call BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups; // Initializes the Dynamic Groups framework and groups led by a player at mission start will be registered

Also could you add ACE Blufor Tracking to the ACE options? Thanks!

Hi! yesterday I and a friend try this mission, in some point we was in a vehicle and we was ambush by a patrol.  The vehicle was severely damaged and my mate was injuried. He has in the mount weapon and he can't get out.  I gave him medical assistance but also he can't get out, he only have an cursor in the screen and nothing more, if press scape key the arma menu's open and only he can respawn.  What do we do wrong?

Sorry for my bad english I hope you understand me :)

Thanks

@ SENSEII;

Do you have a templet you use for creating missions? I have a few I have built I would like too and into DCG.

Nope, I don't use any template. However, I tried to comment most of the code in DCG. PM me if you have any specific questions.

@SENSEII

Could you please add bi dynamic groups into next version? It's the squad manager accessed via U.

initPlayerLocal.sqf

["InitializePlayer", [player, true]] call BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups; // Initializes the player/client side Dynamic Groups framework and registers the player group

initServer.sqf

["Initialize", [true]] call BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups; // Initializes the Dynamic Groups framework and groups led by a player at mission start will be registered

Also could you add ACE Blufor Tracking to the ACE options? Thanks!

Hm, never used that, but yeah I'll check it out and add BFT to the parameters.

Hi! yesterday I and a friend try this mission, in some point we was in a vehicle and we was ambush by a patrol.  The vehicle was severely damaged and my mate was injuried. He has in the mount weapon and he can't get out.  I gave him medical assistance but also he can't get out, he only have an cursor in the screen and nothing more, if press scape key the arma menu's open and only he can respawn.  What do we do wrong?

Sorry for my bad english I hope you understand me  :)

Thanks

This may be an issue with ACE's interaction system. Try the CBA workaround listed here, https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/releases

Awesome mission SENSEII. Our clan really loves playing dcg.

I am facing a problem with rhs. We can use rhs weapons but we are unable to spawn any rhs vehicles. Rhs vehicles /items are not even listed in Zeus.

Anyway to play this without ACE3?

i dont think so ace3 is a big part of the mission

but what do you dont like on ace ?

i dont think so ace3 is a big part of the mission

but what do you dont like on ace ?

I don't like the game breaking bug that happens when you restart ArmA after starting a mission with ACE3. After the restart, the ACE3 will simply not work, there would be only a self interaction option, and a single circle, without the ability to navigate. ACE3's devs some how managed to mess with CBA so hard, that ACE3 pronounces errors â€‹allegedly caused by other mods. They refuse to fix it, blaming on other mod authors.

Hey SENSEII, how dependent is the mission on ace_respawn? We don't have it In our modpack since we weren't going to use it, so I was thinking of removing whatever dependency DCG has until the next mod pack update. To what extend are you using ace_respawn?

Anyway to play this without ACE3?

Hey SENSEII, how dependent is the mission on ace_respawn? We don't have it In our modpack since we weren't going to use it, so I was thinking of removing whatever dependency DCG has until the next mod pack update. To what extend are you using ace_respawn?

Yo, I don't want to be "that guy", but if you guys have tested this mission, I'm sure you realized that DCG features work with ACE integrated, besides, ACE adds medical system that gives this mission more realism... I don't think Senseii will remove it.

• Like 1

Yo, I don't want to be "that guy", but if you guys have tested this mission, I'm sure you realized that DCG features work with ACE integrated, besides, ACE adds medical system that gives this mission more realism... I don't think Senseii will remove it.

Not asking for senseii to remove ACE from the mission. I'm ask for an optional version that doesn't use ACE. 

• Like 1

I didn't ask for that. I just asked how dependent the mission is on a single ace pbo file... I didn't ask him to remove anything, I asked how much the mission uses a certain ACE feature so I could modify it.

• Like 1

yeah.. my community doesn't experience any problem with DCG + ACE3 either. The integration is actually well done.

ACE advanced/basic medical and ballistic system improves the realism greatly.

Perhaps I missed the post, but when I remove the FOB, it also removes all the vehicles, except the ones that are there when the mission is started., the arsenal will also be removed.

and when people die at the starting base, or logout there, their body's remain, they will never be removed.

is there also a way we can set starting parrameters a bit different? be always play with basic CLS, and when you start the missions it starts with advanced

Regards,

Amiscus

ace_respawn handles the flag rallypoints and the respawn with gear functionality. The next release will slightly change the rallypoint system, so DCG will only be dependent on the respawn with gear part.

Perhaps I missed the post, but when I remove the FOB, it also removes all the vehicles, except the ones that are there when the mission is started., the arsenal will also be removed.

and when people die at the starting base, or logout there, their body's remain, they will never be removed.

is there also a way we can set starting parrameters a bit different? be always play with basic CLS, and when you start the missions it starts with advanced

Regards,

Amiscus

There are two actions on the headquarters laptop; one for dismantling the FOB and the other for cleaning up the MOB.

The FOB action will simply remove the FOB from its current location. It will clean up any object placed by the FOB constructor.

The MOB action will remove any empty vehicle as well as any dead bodies. The vehicles present at mission start are excluded. There is currently a bug in the MOB action where the arsenal box is also cleaned up.

good evening Senseii,

today me and some other friend cleaned both occupied zones but the "find official" task didn't pop up so the game gave us only civilian tasks ...was it a bug or what?? other times i played this mission and it was ok!!...I will try again to see if this time it works...Just 4 information we are using last version of RHS ,last version of ace and arma 3 v.1.50 ...and i was hosting....

P.s  this map is Great..thank you!!

Does DCG work with AI squad members?

DCG is meant to be a player driven cooperative mission. Friendly AI only appear when necessary (FOB defense, certain tasks).

good evening Senseii,

today me and some other friend cleaned both occupied zones but the "find official" task didn't pop up so the game gave us only civilian tasks ...was it a bug or what?? other times i played this mission and it was ok!!...I will try again to see if this time it works...Just 4 information we are using last version of RHS ,last version of ace and arma 3 v.1.50 ...and i was hosting....

P.s  this map is Great..thank you!!

The Officer task should spawn just after the occupied locations. If you have the rpt file from that session, send it my way.

any ETA for next update? new missions perhaps. :P

Error "Read from bank"

An ideas anyone,  someone must have this working,

1. Stick mission ( co@40_dynamic-combat-generator.altis) PBO into dedi MPmission folder (using TDAST)

2. Download ACE3 and put in my arma3 folder on my PC, already have CBA in there,

3. Launch dedicated server on the other PC and it starts with no errors,

4. Look for server in multiplayer list,  Join it,  Hangs on map screen and dedi is chucking out "read from bank""

5. ???

Thanks again

Just curious, has anyone made versions of this mission for RHS? (with RHS units and vehicles etc. preferably blufor vs. rebels). I tried seaching the topic for "RHS" but apparently that search string is too short to be allowed.

any ETA for next update? new missions perhaps. :P

I'll be sending a version out to a few servers early next week. Depends how that test goes.

Error "Read from bank"

An ideas anyone,  someone must have this working,

1. Stick mission ( co@40_dynamic-combat-generator.altis) PBO into dedi MPmission folder (using TDAST)

2. Download ACE3 and put in my arma3 folder on my PC, already have CBA in there,

3. Launch dedicated server on the other PC and it starts with no errors,

4. Look for server in multiplayer list,  Join it,  Hangs on map screen and dedi is chucking out "read from bank""

5. ???

Thanks again

Hmm, send the rpt file my way.

Just curious, has anyone made versions of this mission for RHS? (with RHS units and vehicles etc. preferably blufor vs. rebels). I tried seaching the topic for "RHS" but apparently that search string is too short to be allowed.

RHS units and vehicles are already supported in the current version. 3.0.9 will expand this, so people can use whatever units they want (as long as they're loaded on the server/HC).

RHS units and vehicles are already supported in the current version. 3.0.9 will expand this, so people can use whatever units they want (as long as they're loaded on the server/HC).

Sounds great! So this means you can decide what units the enemy will use etc. in order to limit it to only RHS-units for example?

At the moment, if the server has RHS loaded and the admin turns on the Use Modified Content mission parameter, DCG will use pre-selected RHS units.

In 3.0.9, server admins will be able to use an external file to edit all the AI units used in the mission. As long as the units exist on the server and the Use Modified Content parameter is on, DCG will use those units. This includes units from any addon.

If server admins choose to not use the external file, but still want to use RHS, then DCG will default to my pre-selected units.

If server admins want to use vanilla units then turn off the Use Modified Content parameter.

Ah, so that means that if I check "use modified content" and set the enemy to independent (for example) the mission will ONLY use the RHS-units for the enemies and not any vanilla enemies?