SENSEII

[COOP] Dynamic Combat Generator

As long as the map follows the same standards as the vanilla maps then you can just copy everything in the editor. However when I port the mission I tend to recreate the MOB as aesthetically buildings such as the medical center don't fit every map. I try to make DCG flexible in this regard, but naturally some maps are better than others.

A suitable map will have...

• towns to occupy
  • towns to use in tasks and spawn civilians
  • varying terrain (ex. some tasks require an area of flat land to spawn an enemy base)
  • working road system
  • correctly setup config entries
  • large enough landmass so that DCG can spawn stuff away from the main base

was hoping to port this to kunduz but this map is really small to bad

Kunduz is definitely on the smaller side, but I've messed around with DCG on that map before, it will work.

X0lGs23.jpg

In the future, do you think you'll ever develop a SSO-DCG (Small Squad Ops - DCG) ? ? ? Basically your same setup, but designed for 2 to 4 co-op players? Recon and small group Spec ops missions. As opposed to large operations that require lots of players. Maybe an AI little bird to drop off/pick up the small team?

-V.

Hey SENSEII, thank you very much for the update.

Apart from wanting to tell you how friggin' great it is to see DCG back - and with full ACE3 integration no less! - I'd like to share some feedback and a few potential issues I noticed so far.

I tested it yesterday (briefly, only, as I did not have much time) and noticed that sometimes mission objectives are not generated at startup. This seems to happen frequently when you choose independent as the enemy side. On a side note, the arsenal also has some sort of (script?) lag and previous loadouts cannot be loaded - including loadouts that have been saved DCG mission-internally in a previous run.

Today, after the Arma 1.48 update, we tried to start a five player session and DCG would not initialise any of its missions at all. The rest of DCG seemed to start up normally (DCG ACE3 interface, platoon/squad level coms, etc.). Weirdly enough, it would also reliably crash the server after each respective second attempt to restart the mission. Perhaps the issue is with us, no question. Perhaps Arma 3 1.48 changed a few things, that DCG previously relied on?

At any rate, please take these reports with a grain of salt, as:

- I was not running -showScriptErrors

- our dedicated server uses no headless client.

- the server/client setup is running ACE3, TFAR, RHS, Leight's OPFOR pack and ASDG Joint Rails as well as ASRAI3

Thanks for your efforts and for sharing your mission here. Absolutely looking forward to playing it! :-)

Edited by The.D

In the future, do you think you'll ever develop a SSO-DCG (Small Squad Ops - DCG) ? ? ? Basically your same setup, but designed for 2 to 4 co-op players? Recon and small group Spec ops missions. As opposed to large operations that require lots of players. Maybe an AI little bird to drop off/pick up the small team?

-V.

The mission already has a transport system, check out the field manual (esc menu) for general mission info. Also DCG supports small player counts, but I'm working on ways to make the experience better.

Apart from wanting to tell you how friggin' great it is to see DCG back - and with full ACE3 integration no less! - I'd like to share some feedback and a few potential issues I noticed so far.

I tested it yesterday (briefly, only, as I did not have much time) and noticed that sometimes mission objectives are not generated at startup. This seems to happen frequently when you choose independent as the enemy side. On a side note, the arsenal also has some sort of (script?) lag and previous loadouts cannot be loaded - including loadouts that have been saved DCG mission-internally in a previous run.

Today, after the Arma 1.48 update, we tried to start a five player session and DCG would not initialise any of its missions at all. The rest of DCG seemed to start up normally (DCG ACE3 interface, platoon/squad level coms, etc.). Weirdly enough, it would also reliably crash the server after each respective second attempt to restart the mission. Perhaps the issue is with us, no question. Perhaps Arma 3 1.48 changed a few things, that DCG previously relied on?

- the server/client setup is running ACE3, TFAR, RHS, Leight's OPFOR pack and ASDG Joint Rails as well as ASRAI3

Thanks for your efforts and for sharing your mission here. Absolutely looking forward to playing it! :-)

DCG takes a few seconds to initialize at the mission start. The tasks handler runs after all the selected locations are occupied.

The only task that is guaranteed at the start is the officer task. Others spawn after intel is gathered from the officer. Civilian tasks spawn on a timer; they are not guaranteed at the start. Task generation shouldn't have anything to do with the enemy's side.

Can you describe the lag associated with arsenal? Do you mean the menus lag or something else?

Concerning the grayed out loadouts, this is a longstanding issue with arsenal and white/blacklisting gear. It's the main reason I was so hesitant to switch from VAS, but for now I've decided to just add the full arsenal.

However, this means that players running acre or tfr will see those radios in arsenal. You should not save any addon radio in a loadout! If you do, the associated radio id will be saved instead of the base radio. Eventually, this will cause issues. So, do not save an addon radio in a loadout! Instead, use the Take Radio action.

Version 3.0.6 will be ready shortly, but 1.48 didn't seem to impact the mission. I haven't experienced any dedicated server crashes, but send me an rpt file and I'll take a look.

The unit pools are in fnc\fn_settings.sqf

DCG takes a few seconds to initialize at the mission start. The tasks handler runs after all the selected locations are occupied.

The only task that is guaranteed at the start is the officer task. Others spawn after intel is gathered from the officer. Civilian tasks spawn on a timer; they are not guaranteed at the start. Task generation shouldn't have anything to do with the enemy's side.

Roger, thanks for the clarification. We waited at the start of DCG for several minutes and had no objectives generated. In my previous test run this took indeed only a few seconds. Since nobody else reported this the issue must lie with us, however. I will try to sort this out and, if it's helpful, report back here!

Can you describe the lag associated with arsenal? Do you mean the menus lag or something else?

When initializing the Arsenal from the HQ crate the game freezes for around a second. Selecting loadouts, as well as saving and loading leads to considerable frame lag for ~1s as well. This was reported from all our players and does not happen in other mission (apart from "loading lag" while caching the Arsenal-related items at first initialization, of course).

Concerning the grayed out loadouts, this is a longstanding issue with arsenal and white/blacklisting gear. It's the main reason I was so hesitant to switch from VAS, but for now I've decided to just add the full arsenal.

However, this means that players running acre or tfr will see those radios in arsenal. You should not save any addon radio in a loadout! If you do, the associated radio id will be saved instead of the base radio. Eventually, this will cause issues. So, do not save an addon radio in a loadout! Instead, use the Take Radio action.

Thanks, I did not know this! Moving to Arsenal was a good move, this issue aside, imo. :-)

Version 3.0.6 will be ready shortly, but 1.48 didn't seem to impact the mission. I haven't experienced any dedicated server crashes, but send me an rpt file and I'll take a look.

I'll see if I can grab the server log - it's a Linux dedicated server and doesn't generate an .rpt directly. We do redirect stdout / stderr but I, erh, kinda forgot where that log is saved :-)

I have the very strong suspicion that the cause of these bugs lies very much with us; I will try to make some time this evening and check our server setup and DCG more thoroughly. I should mention that I tried the mission locally by running a listenserver and it worked like a charm. So it is most likely not an obscure addon issue. Is anybody else running this on a Linux dedicated server by any chance?

Thanks for your reply!

Edited by The.D

Awesome mission:D,

Everything works very fine and it's really fun, many thanks and keep up the good work.

I know i've read this a few times, but"delivery medical supplies", wha? Where is the processing station? i dont see a marker on the map, so i can find the "blue" boxes to deliver. am i the only one?

thanks

Awesome mission:D,

Everything works very fine and it's really fun, many thanks and keep up the good work.

I know i've read this a few times, but"delivery medical supplies", wha? Where is the processing station? i dont see a marker on the map, so i can find the "blue" boxes to deliver. am i the only one?

thanks

Some of the tasks changed in 3.0.5, so you're going off old information.

The supply truck spawns at the Depot. For general mission info check the field manual, which you can access through the ingame esc menu.

Hi there just starting out playing this with my bro

Was wondering is there any way to recruit Ai?

Unfortunately there is no direct way to recruit AI, but friendly AI make an appearance in some of the tasks and systems. AI have a chance to spawn when the FOB hq is placed (they protect the FOB).

I've also made some changes in the next version, 3.0.6, to better support low player counts, so you shouldn't need that AI help :).

Thanks for replying :).

Would it not be possible to add in the paramiters an optoin to have recruitible Ai ;)

Got it to work, for some weird reason. I used the renamed mission from Armaholic, instead of the dropbox link. Not sure if this makes any sense; to me it doesn't. At any rate, it would appear the server liked that one better. Everything initialised and we just spent the last 5h clearing two towns. What a blast. I am by far not the only one who quite desperately waited for an Arma3 sandbox scenario with high quality missions and such a brilliantly balanced game flow. Hats off to you, Sensei, and thank you so much for this!

Hi SENSEI. I can confirm that we are having the same Arsenal LAG experienced by The.D, including the loadout saving problem.

Edit: Forgot to mention that we use ACE, TFAR, RHS, Leight's OPFOR,bCombat (Server Side) and AllInArmaTerrainPack + CBA

Thanks!

Edited by BattleToaster
Forgot mods

Loading a preset loadout reliably works if you do not equip a radio and only equip binoculars. The most straight-forward procedure is to make a save of your default loadout, then modify it one by one. With each change, check if saving is still enabled for that particular set (i.e. not greyed out in the list). No idea why this is the way it is, but we managed to get our customization going.

I'm planning on releasing 3.0.6 later today; I've made changes to arsenal, so this shouldn't be required after the update. *fingers crossed*

Thanks for replying :).

Would it not be possible to add in the paramiters an optoin to have recruitible Ai ;)

It's possible, but at the moment none of the tasks are balanced for recruitable AI. It's not a small change.

DCG 3.0.6 Update

Download here: DCG 3.0.6 - Altis/Takistan/Chernarus * Takistan and Chernarus require AllinArma Terrain Pack

Known Issues

• momentary lag when SEN_occupy.sqf runs after briefing screen
  • occupied location enemy count is based off player count at mission start, does not take into account JIP players (does not affect task or patrol enemies)
  • addon radios appear in Arsenal (I recommend players do not save radios in their loadouts, use the 'Take Radio' action instead)

Changelog

v3.0.6

added fn_settingsPre - runs preInit, previously fn_settings

added fn_settingsPost - runs postInit, replaced main.sqf

added field manual to ACE interaction menu

changed Arsenal - removed gear scripts, should fix loadouts and lag

changed SEN_ace_settings.hpp - lowered ai damage threshold, disabled ai unconscious state, increased advanced ballistics and wind deflection simulation intervals

changed SEN_occupy.sqf - replaced SEN_patrol.sqf

changed SEN_occupy.sqf - increased range that units patrol

changed SEN_animal.sqf - increased animal count and spawn radius

updated functions with 1.48 commands

updated fn_setTfrRadio and fn_setAcreRadio - shows role description in hint

updated fn_setStrength - better support for low player counts

updated fn_spawnSquad - simplified code and reflects changes in fn_setStrength

updated tasks - better support for small maps

updated fn_getApprovalNumber - new method of calculating suicide and rebel attacks

updated Rescue VIP task - support for Chernarus buildings

updated Rescue Civilian task - support for Chernarus buildings

fixed bug in fn_setPatrolVeh - units not properly exiting patrol loop

fixed bug in fn_setPatrolUnit - units not properly exiting patrol loop

fixed bug in SEN_medFOB.sqf - medical supplies are not properly placed in medical building

fixed bug in SEN_occupy.sqf - building destruction is injuring garrisoned units, moved to fn_settingsPost

fixed bug in Destroy Ammo Cache task - a reasonable amount of explosives does not destroy cache

fixed bug in Defuse Explosives task - laptop position is undefined in some cases

fixed bug in Defuse Explosives task - defusal variables are undefined on client

fixed bug in civilian interaction - approval rating is not updated clientside

removed depreciated functions from SEN_cfgFunctions.hpp

removed main.sqf

removed SEN_patrol.sqf

Edited by SENSEII

Gonna test it out today.

Thanks for the update, Sensei. Brilliant work!

cheers

Arsenal works like a charm now. All loadouts and radio setups are accessible, no more lag. Many thanks!