SENSEII

[COOP] Dynamic Combat Generator

love the mission!

a couple of questions though:

would it be possible to get this on other islands? or point me in the right direction so i can do so myself if that's alright?

is it possible to disable the acre2 module? as our group uses TFAR.

Really nice work! Any implementation of Virtual Arsenal?

is it possible to replace CSE with AGM? or have both versions?

I made DCG so it would function alongside CSE. It's possible to use AGM instead, but it would require some work and I prefer CSE.

Someone else is welcome to put in the work lol.

love the mission!

a couple of questions though:

would it be possible to get this on other islands? or point me in the right direction so i can do so myself if that's alright?

is it possible to disable the acre2 module? as our group uses TFAR.

Glad you like the mission :D

DCG should function on any map that has several towns, cities or capitals. All you need to do is copy everything in the editor to the new map and rearrange the objects and markers (basically setup the MOB).

If you want a certain location excluded from DCG add its name to the _SEN_blacklistTown array in main.sqf.

In terms of radio systems, there is nothing to disable for acre2. The scripts only run if the player has acre2 enabled.

TFAR support is on the way.

Really nice work! Any implementation of Virtual Arsenal?

Thanks!

I chose not to use the Virtual Arsenal because of a bug that prevents players from loading gear. Instead, DCG uses an edited version of VAS that allows players to view their gear through multiple cameras and works alongside the various radio systems (eg. acre2's radio ID system).

Edited by SENSEII
update

thanks for the quick reply!

gonna transfer this mission to most of the AiA maps and a few others if that's cool with you.

looking forward to the TFA support!

I'm really enjoying DCG & CSE and I have a few questions.

Will this run on a dedicated server?

Can you fast travel from the map or action menu? I don't see an option.

How do you eat and drink? I just died from thirst, but the survival option is greyed out on the action menu.

Can you set up a respawn location with a tent or sleeping bag? Where do you find those?

Thank you for an excellent mod! :D

Edited by Snakeyes

I'm really enjoying DCG & CSE and I have a few questions.

Will this run on a dedicated server?

Can you fast travel from the map or action menu? I don't see an option.

How do you eat and drink? I just died from thirst, but the survival option is greyed out on the action menu.

Can you set up a respawn location with a tent or sleeping bag? Where do you find those?

Thank you for an excellent mod! :D

Glad you like the mission :D

• Yep, DCG will run on dedicated.
  • There is no fast travel functionality unless..

FOB Pirelli is active (once the HQ building is placed, you can move to and from MOB Dodge using the flagpole) or you can run debug mode :) (alt-click to teleport)

• Eating and drinking is done by picking up the necessary items at the armory. Once the food/drink items are in your inventory the survival option will be available.

By default, a player needs to drink approximately every hour and eat every 3 hours (you can change this by altering the values in the mission editor).

• The FOB system sort of acts as a respawn location.

Like I mentioned before, players can use the forward operating base to make things a little easier.

If the necessary structures are placed, you can teleport to and from the FOB, access the medical station and the ground vehicle station.

However, players do not automatically respawn at the FOB so they can rearrange their gear at the MOB if necessary.

Also, the next version, 3.0.2 is almost done, so far the changelog is..

added TFAR support

added Approval system - rating system that further ties together enemy activity, civilian interaction and the FOB system

added fn_getApproval.sqf

added fn_getApprovalNumber.sqf

added fn_checkApproval.sqf

added Check Civilian Approval action to DCG Menu

added Stabilize and Transport Injured Civilian task

added fn_spawnReinforcements

added friendly reinforcements to FOB Pirelli

added default mapsize value if mapSize config value is undefined

added destroyed buildings to occupied locations

added wrecked and burning vehicles to occupied locations

added random time of day parameter

added occupied location visual effects parameter

added AI units to CMS

changed FOB system structure counts

updated Defend Against Rebel Attack task - rebels can destroy FOB Pirelli

updated Realism Mode to disable 3rd person view

updated fn_spawnBase - previously fn_spawnFort

updated fn_spawnStatic - includes fortified mortars, static GMGs and bunkered HMGs, previously fn_spawnRoofStatic

updated VAS to check for addon radio only if the player has addon enabled

updated VVS to support addon content - see scripts\VVS\configuration.sqf

updated VVS to set medical vehicles as CSE medical vehicles

updated FOB system - vehicle station is not automatically constructed

updated FOB system - structures follow terrain surface normals automatically

updated FOB system - added placement sounds

removed pitch and bank settings from FOB system

removed fn_checkForFOB - redundant

fixed bug in SEN_cleanup.sqf - dead units are not deleted

fixed bug in SEN_occupyTrg.sqf - liberating an occupied location does not increase approval

fixed bug in FOB system - FOB constructor able to create multiple FOBs

Greetings SENSEII,

• I tried to set-up my dedicated ArmA3 server with the DCG + CSE, but the server would not start at all and spammed my log files like crazy. I think it is related to CSE. I am using their dedicated server package. I'll have to look at it again more carefully when I'm not so tired. For now, I am simply running the mission in LAN mode on my PC. When friends want to play, I host the mission with my PC.
  • I saw the option for FOB Pirelli. I'll build it today on the map and check it out. Having a forward spawn location on the map will make things easier. More so with your new update and multiple FOBs.
  • That's just it, I do have food and drink in my inventory and the survival option is still not available on the radial menu. It is greyed out. :confused: All of my DCG and CSE parameters are left at default including realism. The only thing I have done in the CSE menu is to bind keys to the options that do not have a key associated to them. So currently my character only lasts until he dies of hunger or thirst. Sometimes my characters death is related to injuries sustained in combat. :)

I downloaded and installed ACRE2 last night for the radio integration. I followed the install instructions verbatim, but ACRE2 continually connects and disconnects from ArmA3. The error was related to a piping issue. I finally gave up on that and went back to using TFAR. It works perfectly other than lacking true mission integration. (I see you have added support for TFAR in the update. Very cool! :D)

When I first started playing the mission I thought, "what's going on here? No vehicles at the main base and it is too far to walk/run across the Takistan map." Then I noticed the transportation option on the action menu. That is a different approach in mission design and honestly, I like it. Rather than having to drive everywhere you take a transport. That is more realistic anyways.

I'll be watching the forum for the updated mission release. The changelog looks great!

Cheers

Edited by Snakeyes

Hi Senseii,

Thank you for such an amazing mission. We have been playing this and it's really cool. We would like to fight against a different faction (third party addons). Should I do that through the Editor or from scripting?

Thanks!

Greetings SENSEII,

• I tried to set-up my dedicated ArmA3 server with the DCG + CSE, but the server would not start at all and spammed my log files like crazy. I think it is related to CSE. I am using their dedicated server package. I'll have to look at it again more carefully when I'm not so tired. For now, I am simply running the mission in LAN mode on my PC. When friends want to play, I host the mission with my PC.
  • I saw the option for FOB Pirelli. I'll build it today on the map and check it out. Having a forward spawn location on the map will make things easier. More so with your new update and multiple FOBs.
  • That's just it, I do have food and drink in my inventory and the survival option is still not available on the radial menu. It is greyed out. :confused: All of my DCG and CSE parameters are left at default including realism. The only thing I have done in the CSE menu is to bind keys to the options that do not have a key associated to them. So currently my character only lasts until he dies of hunger or thirst. Sometimes my characters death is related to injuries sustained in combat. :)

I downloaded and installed ACRE2 last night for the radio integration. I followed the install instructions verbatim, but ACRE2 continually connects and disconnects from ArmA3. The error was related to a piping issue. I finally gave up on that and went back to using TFAR. It works perfectly other than lacking true mission integration. (I see you have added support for TFAR in the update. Very cool! :D)

When I first started playing the mission I thought, "what's going on here? No vehicles at the main base and it is too far to walk/run across the Takistan map." Then I noticed the transportation option on the action menu. That is a different approach in mission design and honestly, I like it. Rather than having to drive everywhere you take a transport. That is more realistic anyways.

I'll be watching the forum for the updated mission release. The changelog looks great!

Cheers

PM me the server log and I may be able to help you out.

Hi Senseii,

Thank you for such an amazing mission. We have been playing this and it's really cool. We would like to fight against a different faction (third party addons). Should I do that through the Editor or from scripting?

Thanks!

It's done through scripting. You can edit the unit pool arrays in main.sqf. Also, 3.0.2 will include changes to make things easier with third party content.

I could not find a server log. I'm running the mission with my PC at the moment. I did change the values for how often a player needs to eat and drink to 24 hours in the editor, but I would still like to fix the problem with Survival on the action menu. I'll continue to look on my PC for the server log. Otherwise, I'll load the mission on my dedicated server this evening. I know it will generate a server log file.

Edited by Snakeyes

You can find the rpt file here, C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Arma 3. Its important to run the mission in debug mode as well. You can turn this on in the mission parameters.

PMs inbound with the rpt. I have to divide the rpt file up into 4-5 parts because of message size limits.

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

I was running the CAF Aggressors mod with DCG+CBA+CSE. I wonder if that caused a problem? I'll try running the mission without the CAF Aggressors mod. I will turn on the debug mode as well.

PMs inbound with the rpt. I have to divide the rpt file up into 4-5 parts because of message size limits.

---------- Post added at 15:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

I was running the CAF Aggressors mod with DCG+CBA+CSE. I wonder if that caused a problem? I'll try running the mission without the CAF Aggressors mod. I will turn on the debug mode as well.

There shouldn't be any conflicts with CAF Aggressors. Check your pms, I sent you a reply.

DCG 3.0.2 Update

Download here: DCG 3.0.2 - Altis / Takistan / Chernarus

Check the first post for new info and changelog.

Stupid question, but I have to ask. How do you complete a task like deliver medical supplies? I built a FOB near the delivery point and dragged some medical supplies to the delivery point area and that did not work. I imagine you load the medical supplies at the main base and deliver them that way?

The medical supplies spawn at the processing station at base. They're two blue crates. That's what you need to deliver.

Any task related object that needs to be transported to or from base has to go through the processing station.

You guys really should add all the CSE ammo/supply boxes. In VAS its almost impossible to find any of the useful items and I think some are missing anyway so almost useless to rely entirely on VAS. For example, no water bottle or water whatsoever that works with the rations of CSE etc. I placed down all the separate CSE boxes via MCC and now its super easy to grab what you need.

And, am I missing something with the vehicles? I can't get into any of them. Even through the CSE menu's there doesn't seem to be anything to allow me to get in.

is there a way to spawn ai squadmates and squads to command?

nope, that's not part of the mission design.

You guys really should add all the CSE ammo/supply boxes. In VAS its almost impossible to find any of the useful items and I think some are missing anyway so almost useless to rely entirely on VAS. For example, no water bottle or water whatsoever that works with the rations of CSE etc. I placed down all the separate CSE boxes via MCC and now its super easy to grab what you need.

And, am I missing something with the vehicles? I can't get into any of them. Even through the CSE menu's there doesn't seem to be anything to allow me to get in.

In 3.0.2 there is an incompatibility between CSE and VAS. Most of the CSE gear is shown under the magazine tab (added using addMagazine) and this causes items like rations and bandages to be unusable at some points. I've reported the issue here, Bug #75933. It's fixed in 3.0.3 and that will be released soon.

However, you can spawn all of the CSE supply boxes at the notice board by the Armory, there's no need to use MCC for that.

Also, I don't have any trouble getting into vehicles. I spawn them at the vehicle station and they function correctly.

Edited by SENSEII

nope, that's not part of the mission design.

In 3.0.2 there is an incompatibility between CSE and VAS. Most of the CSE gear is shown under the magazine tab (added using addMagazine) and this causes items like rations and bandages to be unusable at some points. I've reported the issue here, Bug #75933. It's fixed in 3.0.3 and that will be released soon.

However, you can spawn all of the CSE supply boxes at the notice board by the Armory, there's no need to use MCC for that.

Also, I don't have any trouble getting into vehicles. I spawn them at the vehicle station and they function correctly.

Never noticed the notice board at the Armory. Works alright but it would be better if the boxes stayed spawned rather than replacing the current one. But it works well enough.

Never knew there was a vehicle spawn station either. I was talking about the vehicles sitting around the base. They are all locked or something. But again this works well enough to spawn vehicles once one knows they are there. Either I missed it in the documentation or it isn't in there.

Never noticed the notice board at the Armory. Works alright but it would be better if the boxes stayed spawned rather than replacing the current one. But it works well enough.

Never knew there was a vehicle spawn station either. I was talking about the vehicles sitting around the base. They are all locked or something. But again this works well enough to spawn vehicles once one knows they are there. Either I missed it in the documentation or it isn't in there.

The vehicles sitting around base are aesthetic. All of the primary stations such as the vehicle station should be marked on the map.

In terms of documentation, if you open the CSE radial menu and the DCG tab, you'll see the field manual. It's a work in progress, but mission related info can be found there.

The vehicles sitting around base are aesthetic. All of the primary stations such as the vehicle station should be marked on the map.

In terms of documentation, if you open the CSE radial menu and the DCG tab, you'll see the field manual. It's a work in progress, but mission related info can be found there.

Thanks Senseii. Yes they are marked on the map but it wasn't clear that there are boards to spawn stuff. I never saw either of them. In the weapons area there is a box so I figured that was it. Same with the vehicles. Saw the field manual but don't think it mentioned either thing. Again I may have missed it somewhere.

Hi Senseii, i have big problems with food and water. when hunger/thirst is low, we CAN'T change it to green even drinking a lot of water. We also disabled "realism" option in parameters but we still get thirsty and can't get well.