Sign in to follow this  
ghostjaeger07

Afghan National Army Mod

This mod will allow players to work with the Afghan National Army, as well as have OPFOR ANA (that look exactly like BLUFOR ANA) to keep missions exciting and personnel on their toes.

New year and a new version, reworked the uniform texture, now they have tan boots instead of black. Added some more units, no vehicles yet those will be coming in the next update.

CHANGELOG

Version 1.1

Added Independent ANA

Added 7 Soldiers to each faction

- RPK

- PKM

- SVD Sniper

- RPG (M16/AK variants)

- Medic (M16/AK variants)

Reworked the ANA Hyper Camo

Version 1.0

Initial Public Release

Two factions: BLUFOR ANA and OPFOR ANA

3 Soldier Types

- Rifleman (M16/AK variants)

- PKM

IMAGES

Image 1 (467 kB)

Image 2 (516 kB)

Image 3 (519 kB)

DOWNLOAD LINK

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xd3k46ufho93ijx/AAAwcH9u1MtmOHivMQKT_WDka?dl=0

REQUIRES

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3

Edited by ghostjaeger07

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

The pattern size looks good so far, but the brightness is a bit off, as does happen to many (if not most) people doing textures. In photoshop, the textures always tend to look much darker than then will appear in game. So in the editor, you must make it purposely way too dark, so that it comes out properly in game. I suggest you look at a few photos that show ANA soldiers outside, so that you can adjust it in the same way to the game environment. For example, these photos show good how it is overall much darker than MC, and also has way higher contrast (i.e. the brown is very dark, but the green is quite light, and the sand tone of course, too):

http://usarmy.vo.llnwd.net/e2/c/images/2012/06/07/250528/original.jpg

http://usarmy.vo.llnwd.net/e2/c/images/2012/09/04/262650/original.jpg

And there are quite often or more often ANA soldiers in tan boots than in black boots, so maybe you should shift it completely, or maybe you put some soldiers in tan and some in black boots.

http://media.dma.mil/2014/Mar/17/2000786585/-1/-1/0/140312-M-MF313-038.JPG (again also a good reference against MC and desert marpat)

http://blogs.blouinnews.com/blouinbeatworld/files/2013/01/afghan-troops-afghanistan-asia-pacific-world.jpeg

Another point of critisism, albeit just a minor issue, are the flaps and pouches, the pattern should not run over it continuously, after all those are different pieces of fabric that are sewn together. Relatively easy to fix, you just need to cut out the pocket and another pieces from a slightly different piece of the original pattern layer.

The helmet needs to be changed, too, they usually use a plain olive helmet (that can have a bit of dust added to it)

https://ukforcesafghanistan.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/jmoc-cct-2010-009-282.jpg

You could also differentiate certain units with coyote instead of woodland vests. And because they don't seem to put any pouches and other stuff on the vests, you can't use any of the default vests from A3. The woodland tactical vest you used in the photo is the only viable way, but if you need something with armor, you need to look elsewhere. I'd kindly ask the maker of the CSAT modification project whether you can use his Azad vest that he custom-made for his Iranians. Looks pretty similar to the ones the Afghans wear on a bunch of photos, at least closer than the ones provided by vanilla A3.

New mod 1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@ghostjaeger07;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

I have a better idea as for the ability for the ANA to also be hostile. Have BLUFOR units and Independent ANA. That way it's possible to use the vanilla modules to create events were independent is hostile to Blufor - perhaps on a trigger after an IED strike or ambush. And that way it can also be on default hostile to opfor. Gives mission makers a lot of possibilities. May I suggest using CUP weapons pack as I feel massis is getting phased out in most communities. Many thanks.

Posted from my Samsung Note 4

I have a better idea as for the ability for the ANA to also be hostile. Have BLUFOR units and Independent ANA. That way it's possible to use the vanilla modules to create events were independent is hostile to Blufor - perhaps on a trigger after an IED strike or ambush. And that way it can also be on default hostile to opfor. Gives mission makers a lot of possibilities. May I suggest using CUP weapons pack as I feel massis is getting phased out in most communities. Many thanks.

Posted from my Samsung Note 4

Massi's has been slowly phasing out due to lack of updates. Much of this has been due to numerous changes by BIS, which I am sure has kept many weapons makers hyper frustrated. Needless to say, Massi just put out a recent update, so I suspect he is back on track, but we will see. Needless to say, I am sure this mod will become much more streamlined as it continues to develops, but we have a good baseline which just needs some testing in game under several situations

@Brainbug

Thanks for the advice, this is my first re-texture so I'm learning as I'm going. I'll re-do the textures and change up the equipment once I get some more units added.

@_Triangle

I'll put some independent ANA into the next release. I thought about using CUP weapons, but their weapons pack is huge compared to massi's, 750MB compared to 492MB, but I am always on the lookout for smaller weapons packs.

Version 1.1

Added Independent ANA

Added 7 Soldiers to each faction

- RPK

- PKM

- SVD Sniper

- RPG (M16/AK variants)

- Medic (M16/AK variants)

Reworked the ANA Hyper Camo

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!