Lehy

The Uprising - An Half Life 2 based mod

161ymu9.jpg

Hey Bi Forums! Here's the Uprising!

"The Uprising" is a mod based on Half-Life 2 universe.

What is the Uprising?

"The Uprising is an ongoing conflict fought between Earth's Human resistance network and the Combine Empire. The war takes place about 20 years after the Black Mesa Incident and Seven Hour War, during the Combine's occupation of Earth." (Half-life wikia on "The Uprising")

This mod will be featuring Half Life 2 factions, vehicles, weapons, and even a map.

Members of our beloved Dev team

Lehy: Producer, Textures, minor scripts, converting models

Aive12: Design & Graphics

DaSergeant: Models, Textures, minor scripts

MaxJoiner: Scripts, Rigging, importing materials into Arma

IMAGES!

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/27/26277/AR2Render.png

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/27/26277/AR-2_SSW.png

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/27/26277/dodge1.png

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/27/26277/Screen324.png

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/27/26277/Screenshot_2014-12-07_13.15.07.png

Follow us on MODDB! www.moddb.com/mods/the-uprising-arma-3

Armaholic: www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=30375

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Right now we are a team composed by 4 elements. If you like our idea, and want to collaborate

feel free to contact me. You will get the earliest alpha we can assemble if you will contribute!

We need modellers, terrain builders, and scripters!

Thank you, hope you like our content.

Please, feel free to comment and ask me stuff. I am really proud of the work we have done in such small time, and i'll be happy to share it with you.

Edited by Lehy
  • Like 2

I'm sorry but this could be very dangerous work if you people extract those elements from hlf game :(

I'm sorry but this could be very dangerous work if you people extract those elements from hlf game :(

We are rebuilding from scratch most of our content, like the weapons. We are also going to rebuild most of the vehicles, and build an interior to the Combine APC.

But still, Valve supports modders, and has no problem with this kind of stuff at all.

I got informed, and there are a lot of mods, like Absolute Pressure for Men of War. http://www.moddb.com/mods/triage-at-dawn

As long the content is not monetized and the credits are given, there is no legal repercussion and so on.

We could infact just port the models and adapt them to the Arma engine, but the models aren't good enough, so we are trying to rebuild them get an higher quality to reach A3 standards.

..but the models aren't good enough, so we are trying to rebuild them get an higher quality to reach A3 standards.

..or (different approach) after assembling the rest of the team...build everything from scratch at the "same" quality levels.

-cons

Yes..what you said about *standards

-pros

lower quality=greater amount of objects/km

More performance friendly

Somewhat less work

We are rebuilding from scratch most of our content, like the weapons. We are also going to rebuild most of the vehicles, and build an interior to the Combine APC.

But still, Valve supports modders, and has no problem with this kind of stuff at all.

I got informed, and there are a lot of mods, like Absolute Pressure for Men of War. http://www.moddb.com/mods/triage-at-dawn

As long the content is not monetized and the credits are given, there is no legal repercussion and so on.

We could infact just port the models and adapt them to the Arma engine, but the models aren't good enough, so we are trying to rebuild them get an higher quality to reach A3 standards.

You'll need actual permission... Valve not taking action =/= permission

Half life 3 confirmed.

Haha, looking forward to this :)

The question in my mind is why make a HL2 mod for Arma 3.. when HL 2 exists

That's a silly question. Some of the greatest mods are adaptations of other universes (Stalker, the incoming Halo mod).

Some of the greatest mods are adaptations of other universes (Stalker, the incoming Halo mod).

I wouldnt go so far as to label them the "greatest" mods.

The question in my mind is why make a HL2 mod for Arma 3.. when HL 2 exists

Hey, crazy stuff happens. I ported in Runescape's Korasi's Sword to GTA San Andreas.

You can have some great fun playing with some of HL2's stuff in ArmA 3. If it ain't your thing, there's plenty other stuff.

:)

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback!

Here some news: the vehicles models are almost done, we just need to do the interiors for the Combine APC. In january we will be able to export them in Arma.

Vehicles will feature original sounds (the buggy has a nice V8 Engine just like in Half Life!) and custom features. For example, the APC will have a siren, and also a built in radio that if turned on will broadcast combine communications. We were also thinking about making functional the handles on the outside, so soldiers will be able to hang on the outside of the APC and shoot, just like in real-life riot control situations, like this.

Right now we are working on the Combine Uniforms and trying to figure out how to make them the closest possible to Half Life 2. We will include the Combine Overwatch soldiers, Elites, and Civil Protection.

The weapons models are ready, just need to port them to Arma

Aaand I think that's all for now!

Awesome mod. Love the idea for a more tactical Half Life universe.

Small Update

Right now we took a little break, we will hopefully start working again after the holidays.

Now me and DaSergeant are working on weapons. MaxJoiner will be on vehicles in January.

We need more people though working on this, if you can help and want to, please, contact me.

What do you mean by doing "most" elements by scratch?!? :blues:

What do you mean by doing "most" elements by scratch?!? :blues:

We are rebuilding models. From either scratch or just ensuring an higher quality.

We always make sure to avoid copyright infrigment.

This MOD hit me good! I was browsing the moddb and found your post, looked at the screenshots (which are damn awesome btw) and felt in love. Your doing great, you have my support! :)

This MOD hit me good! I was browsing the moddb and found your post, looked at the screenshots (which are damn awesome btw) and felt in love. Your doing great, you have my support! :)

Thank you, your support encourages us.

By the way lads, we need someone for rigging and importing models in Arma.

We pretty much have a lot of ready material right now, we just need someone that's able to import them in Arma, since the one who should do it is really busy at the moment.

We are talking about clothing/vehicles.

Anybody up to join the team?

Great screenshots... I had feared this project was shelved, good to know you guys are still alive and kicking =)

[Edit] Scrap the commentary above (except for the praise, lol) I was confusing your mod with a WIP project (probably shelved) by Digital Centurion... sorry Lehy, you guys use combine avatars and got me puzzled lol

Anyways, still quite anxious as a HL2 fan (which prefers it storylines when guns have ironsights and ballistics - only played HL2 through with SMOD tactical... and Epi2 and 3 with Cinematic Mod =P)

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

;2889552']Great screenshots... I had feared this project was shelved' date=' good to know you guys are still alive and kicking =)

[Edit'] Scrap the commentary above (except for the praise, lol) I was confusing your mod with a WIP project (probably shelved) by Digital Centurion... sorry Lehy, you guys use combine avatars and got me puzzled lol

Anyways, still quite anxious as a HL2 fan (which prefers it storylines when guns have ironsights and ballistics - only played HL2 through with SMOD tactical... and Epi2 and 3 with Cinematic Mod =P)

cheers!

Sorry for the OT, but can you please recommend a few HL2 mods that play well offline? Many mods have very few players (if any at all). Thanks.

Thanks everyone for your support!

;2889552']Great screenshots... I had feared this project was shelved' date=' good to know you guys are still alive and kicking =)

[Edit'] Scrap the commentary above (except for the praise, lol) I was confusing your mod with a WIP project (probably shelved) by Digital Centurion... sorry Lehy, you guys use combine avatars and got me puzzled lol

cheers!

Don't worry lad.

Well, about that, I actually spoke with DigitalCenturion, and it seems he's willing to collaborate with us in the future, maybe!

Thanks for the comment.

Sorry for the OT, but can you please recommend a few HL2 mods that play well offline? Many mods have very few players (if any at all). Thanks.

Of course Pulstar! I´ve played a lot SMOD: Tactical (it adds ironsights to CS:S weapons with pretty modesls from FPSBananas.com, combines uses CS:S uniforms, 3D scopes - like PIP RHS scopes - ballistics and a lot of tweaks to HL2 base game and you can even use maps and weapons from Insurgency mod and auto-populate with AI enemies and objectives using a nifty script by the mod author... it´s been discontinued but you still find the moddb.com page to download last version =) and Underhell (lenghty and unbelievebly well done SP campaign - find it on moddb.com)

And Fakefactories Cinematic mod.... so awesome!

@Lehy: great to know you guys are joining forces, he was working on combine forces one year ago, he will definatly help you guys out (including warning about RV engine deathtraps to coding mods lol)

cheers!