massi

NATO SF and RUSSIAN SPETSNAZ VEHICLES for A3

head_vehicles2_zpsxb7wnadc.jpg

by massi

Hi,

This update will fix the issue causing CTD with EricJ’s  UH60s , it also will implement better compatibility with other choppers addons.

You’ll find all the list of fixies in the following changelog.

Thanks a lot for all feedbacks, suggestions and reports.

Changelog.

v 1.2  date 23/AGO/2015

- Fixed issue causing CTD when using choppers togheter with EricJ UH60

- Fixed other choppers compatibility issues

- Mi24 has openable cargo doors and FFV positions

- Tweaked few config entries

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

Download Link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zsk33d66ys75yon/NATO_Russian_SF_Vehicles_v__1.2.zip

STEAM Workshop

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501552467 

Best Regards

massi

Thanks a lot for mirrors Kari Charles :) 

Just checked and everything runs fine with RHS, it has to be some other addon causing the issue

I will check with some others, if I find which one it is would you like to know? 

Scratch that the new update fixed it :D

Hey Massi, Love the vehicles. But for static weapons, some of them are ear-bleedingly loud. (Namely SPG-9 and TOW). Any plans to tone down the decibels on these? 

Example for the SPG-9. Firing the SPG-9 is extremely loud :
e4dcec4efb58ea21f7b72a8dbbee645d.png

vs. Metis firing
7f777ec17722a8ac059522c680cbf6e6.png

Hey, Massi.  Love to see your work updating!  I think, however, I've found a bug.

http://i.imgur.com/JTLUIny.png

Basically, that's one of your UH-60's sitting idle "on the ground".  All I did was toggle AFM on, and WHAMMO.  The entire aircraft literally jumps into the air a few feet, then settles back down with the wheels floating about three feet from the floor.  Seems to be like that all the time when I have AFM on.  The AI units don't use AFM, so you actually have to get into the aircraft yourself.

http://i.imgur.com/YuZ3Bot.png

That's your Chinook (a brilliant model, btw) floating a few inches off the ground, viewed from outside with no-one in the aircraft.  He's one of the lesser offenders here, as when you get in, the jump is very slight.  Unfortunately, it seems as if all your helicopters have this basic bug.  They sit perfectly fine w/o AFM, but when it's on, they all (even the Mi's) jump a few feet into the air and float above the ground.  I'm not familiar with what might cause this, so I'm afraid I can't be much help with a solution (if there is one).

Let me know if you can reproduce this on your own.  Maybe it's just me.

TL;DR: Helicopters float above ground with AFM on.

(Edit: Fix broken links)

Hey Massi. The new update is awesome!!

I had an issue pop up in my .rpt file on my server relating to the F35C CAS (not sure if it's present in the other 2 variants):

15:19:19 Error in expression < { mas_foldWings=false; };
_loadout_l = toLower(loadout);
_gun_l = toLower(gun);>
15:19:19   Error position: <toLower(loadout);
_gun_l = toLower(gun);>
15:19:19   Error tolower: Type Array, expected String
15:19:19 File mas_f35c\data\scripts\init.sqf, line 9

And it looked like to me it spawned without any armament!

To note that I spawned it with an AI crew already in flight from a script if that's relevant at all!

This mod is fantastic with the variety of vehicles it adds into ArmA 3, however I've noticed a few bugs while using the SOV HMMWV's in the pack and will list them below.

First, it was mentioned a few months back that the Tan SOVs all show as Woodland when in Driver, Gunner, and Front Gunner and this still persists.

Second is an issue relating to the Drivers position. The steering wheel turns the complete opposite direction of what would be normal for a vehicle. This one isn't the end of the world, but its a bit immersion breaking none the less.

Lastly, there is an issue that pops up while in any FFV position of the HMMWV, and it has an image to show it below. It seems that the interior and the front of the vehicle completely disappear while in these positions and in first person. This isn't a problem for most people since they can just swap to third person and it goes away, but my unit plays exclusively in first person and it is quite noticeable and immersion breaking.

b56e7b9906.png

If these were already known issues I apologize, but I figured I should post about it just in case it has slipped through somehow. 

Hi,

I'm looking for help in order to add chemical and nuclear arty shells/rockets and air bombs to my vehicles.

Also if possible to add my gassmask as a countermeasure for them would be great!

If anyone is willing to help please PM me ;-)

Best Regards

massi

• Like 1

Massi have you considered adding any more vehicles?

Possible ideas:

AAV-P7/A1 AmTrac

M2A2 Bradley

M1A2 Abrams

V-22 Opsrey

LAV

LCAC

F-18

Love this stuff, complements greatly with other stuff. Have to agree on the earbleeding sounds though.

And also, that Grad recoil on the Hilux is redonkulous.

This mod is fantastic with the variety of vehicles it adds into ArmA 3, however I've noticed a few bugs while using the SOV HMMWV's in the pack and will list them below.

First, it was mentioned a few months back that the Tan SOVs all show as Woodland when in Driver, Gunner, and Front Gunner and this still persists.

Second is an issue relating to the Drivers position. The steering wheel turns the complete opposite direction of what would be normal for a vehicle. This one isn't the end of the world, but its a bit immersion breaking none the less.

Lastly, there is an issue that pops up while in any FFV position of the HMMWV, and it has an image to show it below. It seems that the interior and the front of the vehicle completely disappear while in these positions and in first person. This isn't a problem for most people since they can just swap to third person and it goes away, but my unit plays exclusively in first person and it is quite noticeable and immersion breaking.

If these were already known issues I apologize, but I figured I should post about it just in case it has slipped through somehow. 

I'm wondering about this too. It's very immersion breaking when you're restricted to 1st person.

head_vehicles2_zpsxb7wnadc.jpg

by massi

Hi,

I’m releasing an updated version of my NATO SF Spetsnaz vehicles, in this version I’ve added Ural trucks in all variants, plus I’ve added Stinger Land Rovers and HMMWV.

You’ll find all the list of fixies in the following changelog.

Thanks a lot for all feedbacks and suggestions.

Description

This addon is meant to equip my US, UK , Italian NATO SF, African , Chernarus and GRU Spetsnaz units with realistic vehicles in use. The vehicles that will equip my SF units will be found also in the editor, available for standard BI factions as follow:

- TANKs (IND/OPF): T55, T34, T72s, ZSU  thanks to Reyhard

- BMP1/BMP2 (IND/OPF): thanks to Reyhard

- BRDM2/BTR60 (IND/OPF): thanks to Sudden

- UAZ (IND/OPF): Dshk, M2, SPG9, AGS30, unarmed thanks to Aplion's MLODs, with WORKING FIRING FROM VEHICLE AND SLING-LOAD FEATURES

- HILUX ARMED PICK-UP (FIA): Dshk, M2, SPG9, AGS30, unarmed, with WORKING FIRING FROM VEHICLE AND SLING-LOAD FEATURES

- LAND ROVERS (IND/BLU): M2, MK19, TOW, SPG9, Stinger unarmed thanks to Aplion's MLODs, with WORKING FIRING FROM VEHICLE AND SLING-LOAD FEATURES

- HMMVW (BLU): M2, MK19, TOW, M134,Stinger, Special Ops M134/Mk19, unarmed thanks to Aplion's MLODs, with WORKING FIRING FROM VEHICLE AND SLING-LOAD FEATURES

- CH47 (BLU):  thanks to Aplion's MLODs, with WORKING FIRING FROM VEHICLE AND SLING-LOAD FEATURES

- UH1Y (BLU):  armed/unarmed thanks to Aplion's MLODs, with WORKING FIRING FROM VEHICLE AND SLING-LOAD FEATURES

- UH60M (BLU):  standard/spec ops/MEV thanks to Aplion's MLODs, with WORKING FIRING FROM VEHICLE AND SLING-LOAD FEATURES

- Mi8/Mi8 MTV (IND/OPF):   thanks to Sudden, with WORKING FIRING FROM VEHICLE AND SLING-LOAD FEATURES

- Mi24 (IND/OPF):   thanks to Sudden, with WORKING FIRING FROM VEHICLE AND SLING-LOAD FEATURES

- STATIC WEAPONS (IND/OPF/BLU/FIA): dshk, M2, Kord, AGS, Mk19, M119, D30, ZPU, Stinger, Strela, Mortars, SPG9, Metis, Tow  thanks to Reyhard

- URAL TRUCKS (IND/OPF): open and covered transports, reammo, refuel, repair, BM-21, ZU-23

- F35C (BLU): CAS, STEALTH and CAP versions  thanks to Olli

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Those vehicles are meant to equip my unit's packs

- Wheeled vehicles have Firing from Vehicles and Sling-Load features enabled

- Helicopters have Firing from Vehicles, Sling-Load, and sling load cam features enabled

- Helicopters should be AGM fast-rope compatible

- Helicopters are  compatible with advanced flight models

- Classnames list included in folder

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties.

In Editor you'll find:

BI Faction >> Vehicles (OLD) >> Vehicles

BI Faction >> Static (OLD) >> Static Weapons

Requirements.

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.3  date 03/OCT/2015

- Added Urals : open, closed, reammo, refuel, repair, BM-21, ZU-23

- Added Land Rovers and HMMWV with Stingers

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

Further Improvements.

- models and config

CREDITS !!!

Reyhard: thanks a lot for giving permission to include his great Tanks (T55-T34-T72- ZSU), APC (BMP1-BMP2) and Static weapons, and thanks a lot for releasing the MLODs those were an invaluable source!

Sudden: thanks a lot for giving permission to include his great BTR60, BRDM2, Mi24 and Mi8 !

Aplion: thanks a lot for releasing all the MLODs of choppers (UH60, UH1Y, CH47) and wheeled vehicles (UAZ, LR, HMMVW) those were an invaluable source!

Olli:  Thanks a lot for giving permission to include his Great F35C!

BI:  for A1/A2/OA MLODS  those were an invaluable source!

Graeme:  New logos and graphics.

Thanks to all who helped on the forum solving issues!

Thanks a lot to all of them, since without them I would have never been able to release this pack!

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3 Alpha !

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qtjxx8q7qf0nae3/NATO_Russian_SF_Vehicles_v__1.3.zip

New Urals:

th_urals_trucks_zpsg8uhh4sd.jpg

Hope you'll enjoy these vehicles !

Best Regards

Massi

Massi, great work, thanks. I use Play with Six and for some reason your latest up-date is not there??

Awesome work on the vehicles... just one thing:

The hilux has the direction of the steering wheel inverted so when you turn right the steering wheel goes left, when you turn left the steering wheel goes right

Also on the hilux the speedometer gauge is inverted, its going counter-clockwise.

Also on the hilux the left hand, that should rest on the steering wheel, is below the steering wheel in a very awkward position and the right hand doesnt rest on the gear knob.

Apart from the hilux stuff that I mentioned, GREAT MOD!

I would like to ask permission to include this pack and all of the dependent packs in my combined pack for my server. I really like this pack and am creating a combined pack for my server and would like to include this one.

Hey massi i love the mod, but can you replace the stinger humvee with the avenger humvee in the next update because the CUP mod has avenger humvee in it and they use an open license.

The best vehicles pack out there, so far. ONLY thing missing is a more aggressive attack heli.Apache will be the best, but will settle for a cobra/super-cobra biggrin.gif .
Bravo Massi(mo?)

Theres a bug,

bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I_mas_D30_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics.initAngleY

Theres a bug,

bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I_mas_D30_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics.initAngleY

Just checked the addon and I've got no errors, I've tested it vanilla and along with ACE3, RHS and CUP, no problems fo far. 

Try to redownload the file and check for old version files in the modfolders (like old version in the addon folder and new one from steam Subscription)

Regards ;-)

massi

Awesome Mod, thanks for the work you've put in!

Ive installed v1.3 on my Wasteland server and I am having an issue with entering the MI-8 as pilot, I can only enter as copilot and take control so I cant fire weapons. It also spawns about a foot of the ground and only settles down after starting the engines. I read the previous posts and disabled the other mods and reinstalled a fresh copy, but no fix.

The Ural also is a few inches above the ground and never settles. Its more noticeable on bare surfaces, like pavement.

Awesome Mod, thanks for the work you've put in!

Ive installed v1.3 on my Wasteland server and I am having an issue with entering the MI-8 as pilot, I can only enter as copilot and take control so I cant fire weapons. It also spawns about a foot of the ground and only settles down after starting the engines. I read the previous posts and disabled the other mods and reinstalled a fresh copy, but no fix.

The Ural also is a few inches above the ground and never settles. Its more noticeable on bare surfaces, like pavement.

thanks for reporting

Mi8: -  they stay above the ground in advanced flight model , don't know how to fix it at the moment

- in order to get in as pilot as a temporary fix : load as co-pilot, get out, then move to the right -back side of the chopper looking at it a little bit further then the tail rotor and you'll have the get in as pilot option

Ural: I'll check land contact points

regards :)

massi