giallustio

=BTC= Quick revive

Used this (with a lot of hope) in my latest mission with 4-5 AI team mates and DAC for enemy spawning. But a lot of erratic behaviour by my mates. They do respond to calls for help and I am also able to revive them easily, but sometimes:

1. The revived AI mate will just lie on ground in the prone position and wont do a thing

2. Once an AI is revived he becomes retarded in t he sense he will keep moving in small circles on his position.

3. Revived AIs lose the most important ability - To detect enemies and shoot. They just stand there. Wont even comply my orders to attack an enemy.

What gives man ?

More or less same issues with me too..

Sad the script is not updated. Any help guys?

Hi, I'm not sure if you still update your script or read your forum thread, but your script doesn't appear to work anymore. I loaded just the demo mission and it doesn't even work on there unfortunately :( I somehow got it working on my custom mission for a short time (until I stupidly broke it by messing up other scripts), but not even the standalone demo mission works.

It works. It works really well if you modify it for your specific mission. I love this script. I've got it working nicely, but its really not "easy" because much depends on your mission.

It works. It works really well if you modify it for your specific mission. I love this script. I've got it working nicely, but its really not "easy" because much depends on your mission.

How did you get it working? For me it doesn't even work if I play the demo mission included in the package :/

I will try to take a look at it this week. I have a vr scenario I think that I used. At worst I can share it and you can compare the changes I made to get an idea. I modified it to work with bis respawn as well. See what I can do.

I will try to take a look at it this week. I have a vr scenario I think that I used. At worst I can share it and you can compare the changes I made to get an idea. I modified it to work with bis respawn as well. See what I can do.

Sounds good  :D I'm entirely flabbergasted as to why the authors own demo mission doesn't work.. All it does when you die is instantly respawn you.

I copied the init and description lines straight out into my own mission along with the script folder, and the same thing occurs in a mission that is identical to the demo mission

Edited: Got it working! the ACE mod for Arma 3 may be interfering with this working properly so i took out the ACE Medical system.

Only problem I have now is one I thought would be automatically done by the script: When a unit dies and has respawned, the script is removed from them - a la you can only revive someone once before the script unloads

Thanks for the script too awesome.  Question though how do I set this up to run on a dedicated MP server?  For some reason when I test the mission on my own lan host mp it works...

but once I upload the PBO to my server and load in the BTC quick revive doesn't work.  

For anyone still trying to use this, yes it will work (including MP), but for me it took some editing, and I've now got a lot of my own needs injected into parts of it. I changed a lot of variables into setVariables though, especially in the config.sqf, and ditched EVERY preprocessFileLineNumbers command and instead declared everything as functions in the description.ext and ran them as such. I'm running the btc_qr_fnc_unit_init function from initPlayerLocal.sqf too, so that might be what helped with MP.

I actually came here to see if anyone knew how to prevent player input being disabled while waiting for a revive, but I got it anyway. I believe it was this line that was causing it:

_ui displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "if ((_this select 1) == 1) then { true }"];

I commented that out and that allowed me to do what I needed, which was exit the mission if I was unconscious.

Hi everybody,

I've test this scipt on my mission and it work great, the only problem is that I can't disable the respawn.

I just want the player to died at the end of the unconsious time and it just respawn at the corner of the map, anyone have an idea ?

@giallustio did you ever update this script with the ability to drag carry and load wounded units.  I still this revive script in a lot of missions but would love to add the functions of dragon and loading if possible. I modified your script so that playable units  and Ai units under players control will never die just stay  unconscious even under water.  Having the function to drag and load would be awesome.