giallustio

=BTC= Quick revive

=BTC= Quick Revive

btc.png

Hi everybody!

I read several times in the forum that a lot of users are looking for a revive that supports the AI.

I had some free time during this week and I created this new script!

I called it Quick Revive because i needed a name to differentiate from the other one and because it has been written in less than a hour.

Features:

- SP/MP supported

- AI supported

- Multiple spawn

- A3 items to revive

- Very lightweight

Installation:

- Unpack the =BTC=_q_revive folder in your mission's folder

- Create an init.sqf file and write:

call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_q_revive\config.sqf";//To load the script
unit_name call btc_qr_fnc_unit_init;//To add the script to a unit

- Create a description.ext and write:

#include "=BTC=_q_revive\dlg.h"

- Open the config.sqf file inside the =BTC=_q_revive folder and customize the script as you wish. (Remember to define the btc_qr_def_spawn as an array).

Tutorial:

DownLoad link:

www.giallustio.altervista.org/downloads/=BTC=_quick_revive.zip

Report bugs:

https://github.com/Giallustio/-BTC-Quick-Revive-Arma-3-/issues

Modding takes a lot of time and efforts, if you like this script and you'd like to offer me a beer:

btn_donate_LG.gif

Edited by Giallustio
  • Thanks 1

Is this purely a revive script? I like BTC Revive, but it messes up my missions that require me to move the respawn markers around (always uses the original positions). I just want a script that lets me revive people and if Quick Revive fits that bill, I don't mind testing it.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Hi Giallustio,

we really like your script, pretty light weight and easy to adjust. it performs pretty well in tvt environment.

But maybe you can add a little features or tell me how to do it.

1. How can I restrict the Revive-Option to Medics or Medkit-owners?

2. I haven't tested it yet, but is a unconscious player able to use TFAR?

If so, where is the best place to add
player setVariable ["tf_unable_to_use_radio", false];"
and
player setVariable ["tf_unable_to_use_radio", true];

Possible bugs:

In tvt environment, the "call for help" option doesn't work. It won't show any friendly units, even if they are only 10m away from the caller. (the help radius is set to 250m)

I thank you in advance,

schmingo

1) Remove the FA kit from your mission

2) TFR is not supported, you can use my custom eh to mute the player when unconscious

3) The call for help function is just for the AI. You can use for scream, yeah, but it is a button for call the AI team mates.

2) TFR is not supported, you can use my custom eh to mute the player when unconscious

3) The call for help function is just for the AI. You can use for scream, yeah, but it is a button for call the AI team mates.

THX for your help!

1) You mean remove it from players inventory? The players need it for healing themselves. Maybe it'll work if I remove the FA kit in the while clause in help.sqf.

2) If I'm right the eh should be placed in the unc.sqf, maybe disable TFR in line 55 and enable it after the while loop in line 73.

3) Ah ok ;)

2) Nope.

I'll make you an example:

player call btc_qr_fnc_unit_init
player setVariable ["btc_qr_on_unc",{player disable TFR;waitUntil {!(player getVariable "btc_qr_unc")};player enable TFR;}];

Very nice indeed. Now here is a thing ... would it be possible to have this as an addon to override BIS defaults ?

Pretty easy, just add the script with an init EH to the class man.

Hehe .. yeah sounds easy but as a noob twinker (I can't code) that is prolly a little beyond me. Is this something you could fire up and release Giallustio ? I would love to see how it performs with the large scale battles that I love to run :)

I'll try, but I've very few time and a lot of projects.

Meanwhile you can just use a loop:

while {true} do
{
{
	if !(_x getVariable ["btc_qr_initialized",false]) then {_x call btc_qr_fnc_unit_init};
} foreach allUnits;
       sleep 1;
};

Just an example, the code needs to be improved

Maybe you can help me with my first question?

1. How can I restrict the Revive-Option to Medics or Medkit-owners?

You told me to remove the FA-Kits, but that is not an option for us, because all players should be able to bandage/heal themselves.

I tried a few things in the last days, but they didn't work for me. Eg.: remove the FA-Kit from the while/if conditions or add something like:

if (_helper isKindof ClassXY) then {
};

But all I tried in the last days didn't really work. I really hope you can help me!

Giallustio, you're definitely my hero of the day! Get Well Soon!

How can I restrict the Revive-Option Medkit-owners?

Put this snippet at the end of unc.sqf

[color="#008000"][b]if (damage _unit > 0) exitWith {_unit call btc_qr_fnc_unc};[/b][/color]
for "_i" from 1 to _fa do {_unit addItem "FirstAidKit";};
for "_i" from 1 to _mk do {_unit addItem "Medikit";};

Giallustio

I found out why this revive wont work for me.Its the tonnne of mods i have that alter anims(tpw fall,vcom AI etc)

I have this issue with all revive scripts.Would it be too much trouble to make this compatible with anim changing mods?When the EH is about to kick in,another mods animation seems to screw it up,thus units die outright.

Farooqs revive does not have this issue.His revive is very lightweight,but dosent support AI healing the player.

Any chance you could look at his revive init,and see if something could be added to your one to make tpw fall,ragdoll mods and some others i can think of which i personally use,work?

I don't have too much time to search every mod for compatibility, i'm sorry, you could try to ask the mods author

I don't have too much time to search every mod for compatibility, i'm sorry, you could try to ask the mods author

No worries man.

I have asked the mod authours.A bit too much effort though,il go about disabling some cool mods for this very much needed one or use farooqs revive for time being