Sign in to follow this  
toysoldier

Blood pool removed?

On my old screenshots i notice it was a blood pool on dead bodys, and now i dont see any sort of blood pool in singleplayer or multiplayer. Is it a bug or they removed?

Dont understand my wrong, arma 3 dont need more blood effects but when it was already in the game.

On my old screenshots i notice it was a blood pool on dead bodys, and now i dont see any sort of blood pool in singleplayer or multiplayer. Is it a bug or they removed?

Dont understand my wrong, arma 3 dont need more blood effects but when it was already in the game.

yep is unclear to me too, Arma 3 needs defenitly more blood ,with pools and spray particles.

dismemberment too!!

But If I'm not mistaken BIS already stated on this subject...

I think arma will be oriented for little kids... You can handle an automatic rifle but unless there is no blood it's ok ;)

Bohemia, if you want to see the world we live in now, look at the games with many blood wich are played by children of 12 years. Then think about it when you put +18 years. I think this is the opposite, when you put +18, that means you can put add blood, with 12 years, that means you have to remove blood.

1418995128-5.jpg

Bohemia, it is time to wake up and make the game you have promised.

PS: it is strange, when I want to play a game with blood now, I have to choose teen casu games....

Edited by Ice9

It's true. Arma 3 is clinically clean. No war can ever be so clean, even a futuristic one.

Or maybe Arma isn't aimed towards kids, that's why there's no gore.

I would agree except for the fact they kept 3rd person

I don't understand too why arma 3 don't have blood,dismemberment is another thing for we have we need a decent medical system just imagine your mate hands explode then you just aid him with you FAK then his hand is back yes a miracle

dismemberment too!!

But If I'm not mistaken BIS already stated on this subject...

I think arma will be oriented for little kids... You can handle an automatic rifle but unless there is no blood it's ok ;)

I think it would be cool to see it one day in ArmA :cool:

This is something that we'll, very unfortunately, probably never see in an Arma game.

I think that saying Arma is for little kids simply because it lacks gore is a bit presumptuous, many people of different types including veterans play this game and the personality type varies greatly.

Addon gore on the one hand could show the brutality of these weapons but it could also wind up glorifying the gore unintentionally or be perceived as such.

It won't happen because the engine sucks at doing that, no other explanation because this game is from the same creators of this:

The knife one if pretty brutal, and I like it! But it looks silly and un-dramatic without blood or sounds or anything.

Now listen to this, in headphones if possible:

Those things get to you in-game, add to the immersion and remember you that war is not fought by funny looking robots; Could be a great thing for a series that is too sterile and souless.

^^^Jesus Christ they have actual suicide!

Thats pretty fucking disturbing -way more so than action movie style blood. I'm sure many will argue and disagree with me but recreating the suicide in that very un-gamesy like, solemn note is just fucked up.

Mate that's heavy the sounds look awesome and the immersion it's more than i could expect if we have those dead sounds and a cool medical system well arma wouldn't be the same

They needs dismemberment. If you get shot in the arm, you can't aim, so you have to leave the server, but first, it forces you to fill out a form before you can leave the server, then, you must re join the server as a completely new soldier. If you get your leg shot off or something same deal. But your locked out of Arma 3 for about a week, because it's super severe. Or, maybe...

Or maybe Arma isn't aimed towards kids, that's why there's no gore.

Since when is blood and gore exclusive only to the "kids" domain? VBS has a full dismemberment system and I don't see people proclaiming it as a product aimed towards kids. :rolleyes:

Look, I know that most people here need to feel superior to the "Call of Duty" crowd, but gore done correctly can only add to the immersion, realism or gameplay. Not the other way around.

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

I think more blood and perhaps screaming/crying upon death or injury would add so much more immersion to the game. As it is now, I just can't fully attach myself to the world in anyway, especially in a single player scenario, there is no emotion to any of it. Now of course this isn't the kind of game to bring out emotions and such by crafting characters to care about, but I'd at least like to feel a little bit for my teammates as they die instead of just being upset that I don't have another gun in the fight. I think Red Orchestra 2 has it down perfectly.

^^^Jesus Christ they have actual suicide!

Thats pretty fucking disturbing -way more so than action movie style blood. I'm sure many will argue and disagree with me but recreating the suicide in that very un-gamesy like, solemn note is just fucked up.

Of course, all the blood falls into comical and obviously unreal, in reality its far less and speaking as someone who has seen two suicides both in video up close and another in person on my front lawn..I can't say I would like to see the same recreated note for note ingame with the brain matter coming out, fragments of the skull splintering away as the body falls limp and lifelessly to the ground while blood pours from the nostrils.

Whenever I think of war is hell as far as audio goes I think back to Red Orchestra 2 which incidentally was linked, and from what I recall people were going out of their way to create a mod to remove that particular feature because it was too disturbing for them.

I would say done correctly or no its something best left optional, I get the idea of trying to portray that war is hell and you could push the idea that as the player you find yourself much like a real soldier perhaps disturbed by these sights and sounds at first but after time you become numb to it and deal with these things as though it were just another day...I forgot where I was going with this.

I guess at the end I'm neither for or against but I'd prefer optional.

Edited by NodUnit

Can a dev confirm or deny that they have purposefully removed the feature? And maybe a reason why as from what I see, nobody who bought the game was complaining.

I think more blood and perhaps screaming/crying upon death or injury would add so much more immersion to the game. As it is now, I just can't fully attach myself to the world in anyway, especially in a single player scenario, there is no emotion to any of it. Now of course this isn't the kind of game to bring out emotions and such by crafting characters to care about, but I'd at least like to feel a little bit for my teammates as they die instead of just being upset that I don't have another gun in the fight. I think Red Orchestra 2 has it down perfectly.

Totally this! +1000.

RO2 death sounds are top-notch and bring authenticity.

This is a little bit over to top but some sort of screaming and crying.

It would be nice if a dev can be explain why they removed the blood pool on dead bodys.