Sign in to follow this  
schultzit

[WIP TERRAIN] Puget Sound

So is your plan to only do Lopez Island with a bit to the east, or are you working on the entirety of the San Juan islands? I was looking at the whole batch in Google Earth, and the abundance of airports plus tons of waterways would be very welcome with Arma 3's boats. If I had the time/skill/dedication I'd tackle it along with a patch of mountains in Eastern WA.

So is your plan to only do Lopez Island with a bit to the east, or are you working on the entirety of the San Juan islands? I was looking at the whole batch in Google Earth, and the abundance of airports plus tons of waterways would be very welcome with Arma 3's boats. If I had the time/skill/dedication I'd tackle it along with a patch of mountains in Eastern WA.

This should answer your question:

z7XZ458l.jpg

If I had the time/skill/dedication I'd tackle it along with a patch of mountains in Eastern WA.
Oh man, I wish I had the skills too. I'd kill for a Palouse map or part of Chelan County.

Schultzit, I didn't know if that was a "This is everything I'm doing" or "This is part of what I'm doing" map. If you want photos from the area, I'd be happy to take my motorcycle and camera on a ferry out there and make a weekend trip out of it. Your videos look like you're doing an amazing job so far.

suds420: both of those locations look great, but I was aiming more at the Colville National Forest in NE WA. Specifically just north of Cusick, a 30km x 30km area centered on google's "River Bend" airstrip mark.

Schultzit, I didn't know if that was a "This is everything I'm doing" or "This is part of what I'm doing" map. If you want photos from the area, I'd be happy to take my motorcycle and camera on a ferry out there and make a weekend trip out of it. Your videos look like you're doing an amazing job so far.

suds420: both of those locations look great, but I was aiming more at the Colville National Forest in NE WA. Specifically just north of Cusick, a 30km x 30km area centered on google's "River Bend" airstrip mark.

That pic is the entire mapframe I'm working on.

About the motorcycle trip... I would definitely join you! But yeah, if you want to do that, and if you spot any iconic (or not) buildings/objects I could pass those pics to the 3d guy!

Personally I'll need info on signs and stuff aswell..

Schulzit,

Being born in Tacoma and raised in and around the Puyallup Valley, I seriously appreciate the Pacific Northwest.

You mentioned in your Forests and shite twitch stream about a lake and replacing that with a town (because you cannot get water there?) you might want to ask Anthariel (maker of Tilos Island) how he placed his inland ponds and swimming pools.

Great looking map, refreshing setting.:cool:

Is it going to be standalone or require aia tp or any sort of other addon like that?

Living on Vancouver Island, this is going to really hit home and will be awesome with ALIVE :D !

Cool project! I'm also an inhabitant of this region and I'm very interested in seeing how it turns out! I agree that it would be extra nice if it had a few custom trees (fir and cedar, both standing and fallen), houses more suitable for the area (wide mixture... log cabin anyone?!?) and a working ferry as well as more boats (kayak!) would make it perfect. OH! And orcas... the whale, not the vehicle :)

Really looking forward to this map being released! It's about time we had a Pacific oriented Island/terrain for ArmA III.