Sign in to follow this  
nuker22110

arma 3 crashing

Hello, I recently upgraded my computer, and there was a ram issue where BIOS was not able to detect the ram at the speed it is supposed to be.

After upgrading, i have experienced crashes in arma 3 and rome 2 total war. However, i am not sure if the problem is my computer or the game (rome 2 total war was just updated)

When looking through the event logs :

Faulting application name: arma3.exe, version: 1.36.128.579, time stamp: 0x5480321d

Faulting module name: arma3.exe, version: 1.36.128.579, time stamp: 0x5480321d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x009ded75

Faulting process id: 0x45e4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d01aa73e4be419

Faulting application path: H:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

Faulting module path: H:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

Report Id: f28d621c-86a3-11e4-a8c8-7824af89e125

I have attached my dxdiag for your reference. All crash dump files are also attached. Thank you for your assistance.

Edited by nuker22110

My Arma 3 always crashes too. It's normal. It's not a very stable game at all. I would recommend you to use some commandlines. Try these ones:

-nologs -winxp -nobenchmark -windowed -nosplash -world=empty

I am using these ones and my game is not crashing frequently. Without the commandlines, it used to crash each one hour of gameplay. Now, I can play more than 3 hours without a single freeze (only on windowed mode, by the way).

Also, try to play only lightweight missions. Heavy missions, with tonnes of scripts, are used to crash sometimes, because they request a lot more of your processor.

Good luck ^^