j0nes

ATLAS Mod: LHD Plus

Honestly, I don't care soo much about the LHD not showing up in the editor, its not hard to work around that.

I don't care so much about planes/helos being placed on it starting flying, there's a work around for that too

Spoiler

using getPos an setPosASL commands, I place the LHD at 0,0 and then place all I want on the ship. I then just add/subtract their X/Y coordinates from the result of getPos for the LHD. I used fixed values for the Z coordinate, I won't list them all here, but 17.3 works for objects on the flight deck. I then put them on solid ground, and can move the LHD wherever I want, and the planes/helos spawn on it correctly

The only problem I have is that it breaks the ASRAAMs. 

I prefer this version to the CUP version in most aspects (I particularly dislike the CUP version's well deck and ramp, and I'd rather not have the extra doodads like the virtual vehicle hangar and winch)

Observe what can be done with it when combined with Aegis.

Spoiler

9ZTpDqH.jpg

Yipo02C.jpg

fkMhdTO.jpg

NJcGnFL.jpg

f3phOrn.jpg

MTx3tJ0.jpg

clfRpbU.jpg

sYbDvXD.jpg

Hover taxi'd them in closer together:

lkavxj4.jpg

fRExQCZ.jpg

Vjv11xc.jpg

dXCMr4l.jpg

Qz3FF6I.jpg

There were minor issues raising the F-35s from the hangar, not major:

MdUUCPU.jpg

4vp9EYB.jpg

as long as the F-35 is a VTOL and not STOVL craft that is:

nc2dlTN.jpg

Restarted, packed the F-35's in neater from the start:

aTAiGxc.jpg

Of course, there's more below in the well deck:

nBC6NXo.jpg

LT6zrO7.jpg

This mod is perfectly usable now, it just needs, in order of importance:

1) To not break the ASRAAM dynamic loadouts

2) To show up in the editor

3) To have aircraft placed on it not start flying, as we see for the USS Freedom and the CUP LHD

Update: If you go into the mod folder and delete: ATLAS_Weapons.pbo then the LHD is usable without breaking ASRAAMs. It does give me an error message upon loading, but it still loads and the LHD still works. It is of course defenseless, but you can use the (very very similar) turrets from the Jets DLC to arm the LHD.

So I've done this, and I'm quite happy with the mod as it is, without all the other stuff that CUP piled on to it (and without having to load all the other CUP stuff)

• Like 1

Can one sink the LHD?  And place it anywhere on the map,far out?  Isn`t there a LHD Template for this somewhere?  They shouldn`t start to take off using it.

You can also just Alt+mouse the defenses where you want them,too.

I have some templates with the LHD placed far out (too far out of bounds, and it will be there "physically" but not visually). They all use the Aegis mod though (for the F-35s, which are better than the ones from CUP).

The solution to have planes start on the LHD without flying is to have them start on the ground and use setPosASL in the init to move them to the LHD.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setPosASL

Here is one for Tanoa:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1195264717

Again, it needs the Aegis mod. I also deleted ATLAS_Weapons.pbo but kept the other parts of this mod, because this mod breaks the dynamic loadout ASRAAMs unless you delete that .pbo.

So.... more comments on how to fix this mod by stopping it from breaking weapons...

Deleting the weapons.pbo isn't such a great solution, aside from the error messages on start up, it seems fine at first... but if you save in a scenario with an LHD and try to load your save, it won't let you load it because of these error messages. I fixed this by editing the ATLAS_Weapons.pbo. I opened it with HxD HexEditor... searched for ASRAAM, found an "missiles_ASRAAM" entry... and I figured since it only seemed to interfere with ASRAAMs that are placed by dynamic loadout (but not with the "addWeapon" or "addMagazine" commands), that I would change it to missiles_titan. This then broke the titan missiles on the cheetah/tigris (weapon was selectable, but the magazine was empty). Also I noticed the 30mm gun of the Wipeout wasn't present. Sure enough "Gatling_30mm_Plane_CAS_01_F" was also an entry in the ATLAS_Weapons.pbo. Instead of just breaking some other weapon by specifying another real weapon, I just changed the weapon names to nonsense names (missiles_ASSRAM and Grating_30mm_Plane_CAS_01_F).

This does of course break the static defenses... but I always use "ATLAS_Official = false;" so that they don't spawn anyway. I see in the ATLAS_Water.pbo that there is a spawnweapons.sqf file I think this would be easy to change to remove spawning of CIWS defenses - they are out of date anyway (after the sensor overhaul) and largely redundant with the jets DLC static defenses. I think it wouldn't be too hard to have it spawn the jets DLC static weapons instead.

If I was given permission, I could upload this kludge of a fix to this mod, so that there is a standalone LHD out there separate from CUP

Does anybody know if anyone is working on this standalone version of the LHD. And no i do not want to download cup to have x,amount of gigs of items that i have no intention of using as they will never be used in the unit i am in. God bless Firewill and his STANDALONE versions.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mcnab.D said:

God bless Firewill and his STANDALONE versions.

Amen bro. 

I never understand why so many modmakers put their stuff together in one big pack... so. etimes gigabytes large. Why mostly merely a few items interest people. 

(Im one of the modders who does keep em standalone) 

anyway... bit offtopic... 

22 hours ago, Mcnab.D said:

Does anybody know if anyone is working on this standalone version of the LHD. And no i do not want to download cup to have x,amount of gigs of items that i have no intention of using as they will never be used in the unit i am in. God bless Firewill and his STANDALONE versions.

This one is usable, and its problems can be solved without too much trouble.

unable to taxi. even the vanilla helicopters explode whilst doing so. so makes it unuseable in its present state. and spawning objects on the deck they immediately think there in the air so there all spooled up even without crew. As you say lots of little fixes to work around but not implemented within the mod itself. Which is a shame.