j0nes

ATLAS Mod: LHD Plus

CUP LHD had an elevator ramp disconnected and lying in the water, the Atlas version had the ship guns duplicated on the deck.

Something is broken then, CUP LHD should have fully working elevators and weapon systems. Ensure you are running latest Arma 3, CBA and CUP Vehicles.

Downloaded what appears to be the latest versions;

Vehicles 1.2.0

Units 1.2.2

Weapons 1.50

Ace 3.51

CBA 2.3.1.160220

Type LHD in empty Eden search bar and get the following

lhdissue02_zpsvxesobb1.png

lhdissue01_zps3irefcb7.png

As before, used 2D editor to place LHD, saved mission file then imported it into Eden and again an elevator is in the water

lhdissue03_zpsuzm4mnph.png

The tests were done on Namask but its the same on Altis.

I have no problem finding LHD in Eden though:

qqczee.jpg

I have bigger problems though because mine seems to be possesed or something because some real paranormal activities happened to me:

:)

Joking aside I think the physics are active in Eden just like in Zeus maybe? Either way they aren't static objects.

Well we haven't tested LHD with Eden yet, so not surprised it doesn't work. Will work on it for next CUP release.

• Like 1

How to spawn lhd? I don't have it in ships.

step 1: have CUP. step 2: look in pier objects

But downloading the entirety CUP for one 'vehicle' isn't the end all problem solver as people are suggesting here.

There's a reason why people are on the 'Atlas Mod: LHD Plus' page.

• Like 1

But downloading the entirety CUP for one 'vehicle' isn't the end all problem solver as people are suggesting here.

There's a reason why people are on the 'Atlas Mod: LHD Plus' page.

^ This.

Of course the mod author, or those who continue his work are entirely at their own whim and desire to develop the mod, or not, include it in broader packs, or not.  That's their choice.  More power to them.

However this thread isn't the CUP thread.  As khaos points out.  I'd suggest closing this thread if there'll never be a non-standalone version of the LHD in this guise again, as many who are here are probably hoping there will be.

If it'll be in CUP and a non-CUP guise, I guess carry on, carry on.

Hello!

Thanks to nagging from everyone (glad you all like it so much :) ) I finally got off my ass an integrated the LAST UPDATE for this mod (THANK YOU SO MUCH TO YANKO  AND AYAKA)

The elevators should be working properly now in DS, but I would like at least one positive test of that before I alert Foxhound and ask to have this version pushed to Armaholic.

Now, I mentioned last update, but dont lose hope! this will make the stand alone LHD playable, however I was contacted by CUP a few days ago, and they have asked to modify and include the LHD in their mod. So I trust they will be able to give this thing much more love and care than I can. http://cup-arma3.org/

I will continue modding work over at the Astorian Forces Project, so if you like this, check us out! (Link in my signature below)

LHD V1.4 DOWNLOAD

Please read above. The developer of this mod IS NO LONGER WORKING ON THIS, he's got other shit he wants to put in game for us and other people have taken this over.

Yes thank you, we all read that post too.  However, those developing the mod (for CUP) are still positing in this, the standalone mod thread.  Hence the ongoing confusion.

No need to shout.  Anger leads to the dark side.

Key guys, help me out. I was trying to populate LHD with CSAT troops, but as soon as I spawn them, AA system kills them. I tryed disabling it using : ATLAS_Official = true; in objects init in 3d editor, but it seems it doesnt work. Defence system still spawns...

I'm using this mod, but not CUP, but I can't place this LHD in the Eden editor anywhere. I filter for LHD, Atlas, HMS, USS, but nothing turns up

Does this mod require CUP? If so it should be stated that it does.

Key guys, help me out. I was trying to populate LHD with CSAT troops, but as soon as I spawn them, AA system kills them. I tryed disabling it using : ATLAS_Official = true; in objects init in 3d editor, but it seems it doesnt work. Defence system still spawns...

Try the "setCaptive=True" in the units' init box

Been looking and I know the Jones LHD has been discontinued however I use it for the LIBERATION map on my server.  The CUP LHD is not intigrated nor do we use CUP over RHS.

However I know there was an old script that could spawn Aircraft and vehicles using a graphical interface for certain positions on the LHD for arma2.  Cant for the life of me find it nor has anyone made anything similar for ARMA3 ?

Just curious

thanks guys

hello jones download file size I put it in the folder Weapon 3 but did not appear in the 3D editor

Yea - it's annoying that I have to add the CUP vehicles just to get this in the 3D editor - please fix this, I'm sure we're not the only ones who want this :)

• Like 1

Can someone provide me the class name for this LHD?

There are several available with different states of equipment (planes etc) already positioned when you put it on the map. I use the empty version which is CUP_B_LHD_WASP_USMC_Empty

Hi Folks,

Has anyone ever made a full on amphibious landing type mission with this ship - with present day assets - combined air and sea operations - say like an American embassy rescue sitting off the coast of Africa somewhere ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is using Cups vehicles am assuming per the name. What was the original before having to use Cup mods? B_LHD_WASP_USMC_Empty?

You do NOT need CUP Weapons, Vehicles, etc...to load the ATLAS LHD Plus Mod

- A  WORKAROUND TO 3D MISSION EDITIOR, you can spawn the ATLAS into 3D Editor by manually changing the classname in mission.sqm. 

Create an empty unit (no matter what is it) with desired heading and position.

Save as user mission. 

Open mission.sqf and change the entity to "ATLAS_B_LHD_helper" (type="ATLAS_B_LHD_helper" .

Open 3D Editor and your mission. ATLAS will be ready to be edited in 3D Mission Editor.

The ship spawns with CIWS mounted on it, if you would like to disable the spawning of these, use the variable:ATLAS_Official = true;

• Like 5

You do NOT need CUP Weapons, Vehicles, etc...to load the ATLAS LHD Plus Mod

- A  WORKAROUND TO 3D MISSION EDITIOR, you can spawn the ATLAS into 3D Editor by manually changing the classname in mission.sqm. 

Create an empty unit (no matter what is it) with desired heading and position.

Save as user mission. 

Open mission.sqf and change the entity to "ATLAS_B_LHD_helper" (type="ATLAS_B_LHD_helper" .

Open 3D Editor and your mission. ATLAS will be ready to be edited in 3D Mission Editor.

The ship spawns with CIWS mounted on it, if you would like to disable the spawning of these, use the variable:ATLAS_Official = true;

Sorry, this might be a stupid question, but how can I open the mission.sqm?

Sorry, this might be a stupid question, but how can I open the mission.sqm?

Documents > Arma 3 - Other Profiles > your profile name > missions > open mission folder an open the sqm file with notepad++

That's what I did, but looks like notepad doesn`t support that format because I get strange clyphs when I open it and when I exchange the unit and reopen it in the editor I get a error message which says that I am using wrong letters.