j0nes

ATLAS Mod: LHD Plus

Here's a server RPT file. Link

Unfortunately I was running -nologs on my system so I don't have an RPT from a user perspective.

I tried EVERYTHING to get this to work. When in editor I moved the boat around constantly, but still kept getting ship's weapons rained down on me. 

Here's a list of mods I am running:

ACE3 
AV8B Harrier (Chortles)
Bornholm 
CBA 
Huey Pack (GrumpyJ)
MCC 
RHS US Forces 
Spec4 Vests
TFAR 
Trixie's Sniper / Marksman 
TRYK Uniforms 

ACE, CBA, and RHSUS are all up to date, along with the rest of the mods, but wanted to point out specifically the big 3. 

Anyone have any other ideas? Would love to use this in our little Marines outfit :-)

~S

Use the cup vehicles mod , it contains the new LHD (atlas updated version).

All of the vehicles that spawn in the variants of the LHD are missing fuel. I attempted to refuel the tugs using a tanker and ACE refueling script with no luck. I'll try it again without ACE.

Any chance that the improved LHD from CUP gets released as standalone mod?

That would be great. It makes no sense to my group to use CUP vehicles and RHS together, a lot of duplicate content. And the Nimitz it's just too much for us.

• Like 1

All of the vehicles that spawn in the variants of the LHD are missing fuel. I attempted to refuel the tugs using a tanker and ACE refueling script with no luck. I'll try it again without ACE.

U gotta press release when u get in, as they are spawned with ha script that makes it so like they are strapped to the ship like they would be irl.

That would be great. It makes no sense to my group to use CUP vehicles and RHS together, a lot of duplicate content. And the Nimitz it's just too much for us.

Any chance that the improved LHD from CUP gets released as standalone mod?

There is a mod.

There is a mod.

Yes but I believe the standalone mod is some way behind where CUP have since taken the LHD.  Unfortunately.

I'd love to see a Eden release for this, it goes great with the USS Nimitz and as people have already said, downloading CUP is a bit too big (and the cup version is buggy with Eden)

• Like 1

Whether it is in the 3D editor?

Execute in debug console (will spawn in front of camera).

create3DENEntity ["Object","ATLAS_B_LHD_Helper",screenToWorld [0.5,0.5]];

|"ATLAS_O_LHD_Helper"

|"ATLAS_I_LHD_Helper"

Execute in debug console (will spawn in front of camera).

create3DENEntity ["Object","ATLAS_B_LHD_Helper",screenToWorld [0.5,0.5]];

|"ATLAS_O_LHD_Helper"

|"ATLAS_I_LHD_Helper"

This is not working for me. Also when I try from 2d editor and switch to eden, the ship starts shaking and all of the guns fall off. either version of the LHD I try and place is always empty. I am making an assault the oilrig platform and would like this ship as the starting point with boats and helos and respawn for both.

Thanks

maybe try

myLHD = (creategroup west) create3DENEntity ["Object","ATLAS_B_LHD_Helper",screenToWorld [0.5,0.5]];`

I'm using the LHD without problems in 3DEN, even though its not in the unit list.

Only thing you cant do with nonsupported created3DENEntities is copy + paste them in a new mission (results in CTD).

I can get the LHD placed in Eden, but when I place units either on the deck or subdecks, they spawn below the deck in the water. I have verified that I am placing the unit on the deck and have verified placing them with elevation. Any tips/tricks?

I still can not get the LHD to spawn correctly, even with debug console. Only way is from the assest list in empty equipment, but when I do, it shakes and the guns fall off and its empty.

CIWS weapons and fluorescent lights are still spawning below the waterline (lights underwater, weapons on sea floor).  Has this been fixed?

As EDEN is still very much a W.I.P. as far as getting it situated comfortably within the engine, we are sure to see regular updates to it that extend beyond APEX. This mod is still placing and functioning as intended using the "traditional" editorial methods, i suggest implementing it into your missions in that manner until BIS gets EDEN broken in and comfortable with community made addon compatibility.

I have a problem. I installed it as all the other extras. I type in eden editor lhd and me it is not . please help

Cant find the one CUP one in Eden either, anyone have an idea?

Cant find the one CUP one in Eden either, anyone have an idea?

The CUP LHD is under.

empty-> objects -> seaport

Thanks for the above.

Your path works great for the 2D editor, however, I couldn't find it in Eden. A quick test this am found both the CUP LHD and Atlas LHD in the 2D editor but not in Eden. Aside from many who prefer Eden over the 2D editor, the latter is going away with Apex, so a quick test this am to solve this.

After uncovering the above discrepancy between the 2D and Eden editor, I placed both Atlas and Cup's LHD in a map in the 2D editor and imported the map into Eden. CUP LHD had an elevator ramp disconnected and lying in the water, the Atlas version had the ship guns duplicated on the deck.

Mission makers looking for an operational launch platform should consider, the latest aircraft carrier appears to work in Eden - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23049. Admittedly this doesn't help with watercraft, but certainly everything else.