j0nes

ATLAS Mod: LHD Plus

How to install on server ?

i want to install on epoch server it's possible ?

Edited by laurent0909

Please help

When using this LHD all appears to be working, then for some unknown reason the decks are not found by any units. Any units placed in the editor that were previously working now fall through the decks. the only way I have found to stop this working is by building the entire mission all over again. This is also including all the static weapons that come with the ship.

I am not sure what is causing it to break. I have tried changing the order in the mission.sqm file to make sure it spawns first. Once the deck stops working in the editor, it also stops working in MP.

Any help would be greatly needed, as I am loosing a lot of time remaking the same mission.

Cheers,

Duck

** EDIT - I have managed to narrow it down to the ALiVE Virtual AI System module. By removing this it seems to work.

** EDIT 2 - Within the module, In the option Synchronisation Option The selection Virtualize all editor placed units except synced units will cause the decks not to work. I have tried syncing the LHD but have the same result.

Regarding the ALiVE issue you described, place the ALiVE Virtual AI System Module and select "Only Virtualize Synced Units" as what happens the other way is that the Alive module will try and profile the LHD causing the issue you are having, the other issue is with the LHD guns, if you try the Sync method of the module, the carrier is left alone but the weapon systems of the LHD are not actually part of the LHD model and spawn as units onto the LHD, so those WEAPON units are then "Profiled" for ALiVE even though you synced the LHD so they will fall off the ship when this happens or other kinds of strange happenings... If you use the option to "Only Virtualize Synced Units" then ALiVE will obviously spawn in the units it creates for the AI Commanders and will not try to Profile the LHD or its weapon systems... just don't use the admin option to profile non-profiled units while in game or it will profile all units including the LHD... :D

Hope this helps...

I find using the VTS 3D editor is very easy to place items where you want them whither on the flight deck, hangar deck or well deck.

Heya, is there any progress going on with this LHD mod? Just wondering, as I'd like to see what improvements you can make!

One question as well, it seems like Arma is very weird at positioning the LHD, and more so positioning things on it. For example putting down an object in editor and then launching same mission on dedicated will result in different height, locally tested one will have objects spawn higher (tested on SMD Sahrani A3 and Altis). Additionally for units, the elevation and position set in editor are not exactly so in-game. Sometimes you will simply find yourself spawn in a wall or floor or even ceiling.

And there are lights being spawned below the ceiling and automatic weapons sometimes randomly falling off, in case that isn't known yet.

If there are any workarounds for this, I'd love to hear them, thank you!

I fought through getting this working on my ALiVE insurgency map, thought I would throw my efforts back where google can index them for others to find and have an easier time. A lot of the concepts needed to make this work are spread throughout many disparate posts from long-inactive editors, this should help consolidate some of that and help new mission editors.

Any improvements or additional fixes, I'd love to hear as much as anyone else. :)

Important code:

Code added to VVS fn_spawnVehicle.sqf to help out elevation issues:

_position set [2,0.5]; // sets spawn height of VVS

VVS initialization:

this allowdamage false; this addAction["Virtual Vehicle Spawner",VVS_fnc_openVVS,
this addAction["Virtual Vehicle Spawner",VVS_fnc_openVVS,["VVS_all_1","All"]];
["VVS_all_1","All"]];

Elevation function (top deck setting)

this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 17]

Automatic vehicle teleport zone function (this one was hard to find), works for players too:

{_x setPosATL getPosATL LHD_out} forEach thisList

Present of this date issues:

- LHD flight deck VVS spawn cannot remove vehicles, as they are being teleported there, so they will clip if not cleaned up or managed.

- LHD deck is fine for choppers to roll around, even with advanced model on, but aircraft clip into seams, not usable for fixed wing as they clip, get hung and take damage

- Walls and gates/fences are deadly, don't walk into them.

- Keep moving on elevators to avoid clipping.

- Some objects don't like staying on the LHD regardless (Portable Helipad lights for eg.)

Demo Mission and Video guide in next post. (since this is my 1st post)

Does this include a vehicle elevator? Like for tanks and such coming from the Well deck? Or helicopters from the flight deck? Also, does this have Physx? In the sense that it bobs with the sea?

Does this include a vehicle elevator? Like for tanks and such coming from the Well deck? Or helicopters from the flight deck? Also, does this have Physx? In the sense that it bobs with the sea?

This LHD has Elevator that work pretty well, but does not have Physix (From what I saw so far)

With LHD, there is a way to put the helicopters parked in the low deck, on the upper deck without make them fly? i mean somethingh like tow? Is this possible?

does anyone have the issue that once you go down with the elevator from hangar to well deck it wont move back up anymore nor the safety things will go down so that the vehicles can move out?

does anyone have the issue that once you go down with the elevator from hangar to well deck it wont move back up anymore nor the safety things will go down so that the vehicles can move out?

Yes, I found out that for some reason LHD decided it should spawn higher than usual (about 1-2m higher) and so elevators never really reach the bottom, same for well deck door, you can't get out because the entire thing is too high.

Excellent mod because lot of map (even custom) haven't a good start for invasion or intervention.

We use it into Lan but we can't use it into a server. Before 1.3 there is bikey and pbo corruption but even with the 1.3 update, the ATLAS mod still crashing our server. We can't reach it. We try a lot of thing but still not working.

Is it normal since 1.3 ?

Japp same here, sadly that means my group and I can't use it and that we have to use the god ugly Nimitz (ohhh I hope for an update of both soon @.@)

GloryAndPain, thank you very much for all the kind work with the template for making use of VVS on the LHD! It was fantastically useful.

As you were so kind to go to the trouble of making it for the benefit of the whole community, I thought I might take a look at updating VVS to address some of the issues you had with it.

Here is a new version of your template with those updates, hopefully you'll find it useful. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xt02g8p83msacra/LHD_Implementation_updatedVVS.Stratis.pbo?dl=0

I think I caught all of the things you found irksome, and in this updated template I've tried to provide examples of various ways to implement the improved VVS features.

If it turns out I broke something or there are other tweaks and adjustments you might like, please let me know!

The full VVS changelog, usage instructions, and a bunch of examples are at the top of VVS\configuration.sqf, but I'll mention the changes here in case anyone else reading this might find it similarly useful.

Support sending multiple vehicle filters.

Allow a combination of multiple classes, for example include all of ["Air","Armored"] in one VVS instance.

Support "Submarine" type.

VVS has a submarine subcategory, so we might as well check for the type in config files as well.

Support markers, objects, and positions as spawn locations.

Support optional specific handling of ATL/ASL/pos position spawning for control of height relative to different surfaces surface rather than terrain surface (useful for decks of ships, buildings, etc.)

Support optional inclusion of "CAN_COLLIDE" createVehicle flag to force engine to use exact coordinates rather than attempt to find some safe position if detects a possible collision. (Especially useful when combined with ASL for spawning in the water in a ship's well deck.)

Support sending an optional specific spawn altitude, to override marker/object/location spawnpoint altitude, per VVS instance.

Updated position controls allow VVS to naturally declutter any spawn position it uses, not just those at ground level.

Misc. performance improvements and minor bug fixes.

Edited by Nonferrous_Iron
Updated link

Can we expect an update/hotfix for the LHD?

(Don't see that as hurrying you. I just want to know if a fix is something that is worked on >.<)

Can we expect an update/hotfix for the LHD?

(Don't see that as hurrying you. I just want to know if a fix is something that is worked on >.<)

Yea this is happening to me too, really hope this gets fixed as this is the best mod in the sea :)

Hello everyone,

Ayaka has been very busy the past couple of days working on a small hotfix for dedicated servers. Im not sure if everyone is having this issue, but it seems that the elevator railings dont lower when the elevator reaches the bottom, so instead of it triggering when the elevator reaches the bottom, hes trying setting it to a timer. If this problem is able to be fixed, the hotfix will go out this week.

as far as other stuff, Im currently working on another huge mod that has only recently gotten underway again, and thats project ASTFOR (link in my signature below). I dont wish to simply let this mod die, as it seems a lot of you are using it, however, unless an absolutely game breaking bug surfaces, I wont be able to spend the time needed on this mod.

I do plan to return to it in some time, since everything that I would like to do (add an editor template, make it zeus/mcc compatible, add stairs to the lower deck) are all pretty straight forward.

In the mean time, not being able to use elevators on a dedi is certainly a big issue so Ayaka may have convinced me to come back and do some trouble shooting this weekend if him and his group cant beat me to it.

Thanks all!

Hey Jones,

maybe its a good idea too ask TeTeTe. He "kinda" fixed it on his Nimitz (the Nimitz had the exact same problem as the LHD)

As it looks, his fix spawned a new problem, but I'm not sure if it is due to his elevator fix or other things he changed! ^^

I really like to hear that Project ASTFOR is going back to work again. Waiting for that. As I can see right now, the elevator bug is the only problem with the LHD. So I think its okay to maybe set this project on hold, till you have more time. (But at least just fix the current bug xD)

Maybe have a look on my template. I know you planed to use Sup3r6F0ur Template, but I found out it was not really accurate. (I had several meters difference between the marker and the actual vessel). This is not supposed to me some kind of advertisement. I just want to help out a bit. Really enjoy using this mod! :P

Thanks for your effort!

Many Greetings

Moony

I looked at the coding on the Nimitz, it looks like the same thing I have done for the LHD, just waiting on J0nes to resign the pbo and should be fixed

Heya Jones, I was thinking maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to throw sources out here, maybe someone can pick it up and expand it instead of you having to do all the hard work (which you stated you don't have time)?

been thinking about that Jonpas, just want to make sure it all goes back to this mod, so we dont have a million "My Custom ATLAS LHD" :D

did my fix work :) i would love to finish this mod, i will have to see if theres a modding for dummies for arma 3 ha

i recently down loaded this mod from armaholic and noticed an issue with the elevator from the hanger deck to the well deck spazzing out (lacking a better world)and coming off the rails and rotating at odd angles and then disappearing completely ive tried this and was able to duplicate the errors in just base "vanilla" arma3 ( Arma3 +dlc's, CBA and then the atlas lhd) as well as trying with my units normal mod set (arma3, cba,dlc's, rhs USAF, rhs AFRF,AIA, TFAR,) also i noted that the hook off the boat/sdv cradle is showing thru the hanger wall by the elevator i have also noticed that i am taking injury