j0nes

ATLAS Mod: LHD Plus

Try using:

"marker_name" setMarkerPosLocal [markerPos "marker_name" select 0, markerPos "marker_name" select 1, <height>];

Try using:

"marker_name" setMarkerPosLocal [markerPos "marker_name" select 0, markerPos "marker_name" select 1, <height>];

As it seems, Adding the following would move the ship in the right height. Not really efficient, as I have to spawn the ship underwater first, and then move it to the correct place, but atleast, it works.

_LHD1_VEH setPos [getPos _LHD1_VEH select 0, getPos _LHD1_VEH select 1, 0]

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

for all of you trying to script the opening of the well deck HERE YOU GO!

in the init of the ship in the editor

null = [this]execVM "openwelldeck.sqf";

openwelldeck.sqf

_LHD = _this select 0;
//wait for the part of the ship with the well deck to spawn
while{isNil "_part" || _part == ObjNull}do
{
 _part = nearestObject [_LHD,"ATLAS_LHD_7"];
 sleep 0.1;
};
//once it has spawned, continue
_part animate ["door_welldeck",15];
_part animate ["door_welldeck_2",15];
_part animate ["door_welldeck_3",15];

why does it have to be done this way? because putting the animation sources in the 'ship' in the editor is actually telling the LHD helper (ship spawner) to animate the well deck (which it doesnt have) so instead, you need to find the nearest "ATLAS_LHD_7" which is the classname for the stern of the ship with the welldeck and give it the animate command, code is untested, but should work

Hey, we're having troubles with the server key, or something within the mod that is kicking us out of our server.

Error: 5:40:59 Player XXX: Wrong sinature for file C:\XXXX\addons\atlas_weapons.pbo

for all of you trying to script the opening of the well deck HERE YOU GO!

Thanks you JOnes!!!!!

J0nes, was the text for the sqf listed above complete. I tried it and it isn't working. Is anybody else having the same trouble?

J0nes, was the text for the sqf listed above complete. I tried it and it isn't working. Is anybody else having the same trouble?

same as above, it must be incomplete because have no seen effect on the welldeck door.

Same here.

I had some success with the following code. The LHD needs to be named "LHD" and the following code placed in the Init.sqf. It seems to work, but may be be brittle on slow systems or where a lot of objects are loaded. Increasing the sleep call from 0.1 to 1 or even higher might help then.

[] spawn { private ["_part"]; sleep 0.1; _part = position LHD nearObjects ["ATLAS_LHD_7", 200]; _part = _part select 0; _part animate ["door_welldeck",1]; _part animate ["door_welldeck_2",1]; _part animate ["door_welldeck_3",1];}

Just tried this out this weekend. Very cool! The details are great!! ;)

I think we might be switching to this over the Nimitz for Spec-Ops missions because of the easy access to/from the water.

BUT,.... there are walls of death. Ouch. You can't touch them if leaving the lowest deck. Otherwise, keep it up brother!!

Some fixes are needed and this mod will be rocking! :D

I would be happy to help out with stuff like light placing and whatever requires Object Viewer (it seems like lights in the well deck are placed with script and because Arma that obviously misplaces them on different maps, it should be done by proxies in the model itself). I am not sure if the falling through the door just below the deck (where you go into compartment below) got fixed in this, but I fixed it in my community's LHD.

This is easily one of the better LHDs out there, it would be perfect if there would be more rooms, a deck which STOVL aircraft can go faster than 18kmph and a template in the editor but otherwise it is perfect and the problems are getting fixes :)

ATLAS LHD+ Chairborne's Harrier/randomslap's F-35B (in the future) = :)

I'm just gonna pitch this idea but i have no idea if it might work.

So, during the development of the harrier i noticed that the bumping-while-taking-off bug was present with All In Arma terrain pack standard LHD (which i assume has NO improved physx lod) and the new AirplaneX simulation.

As soon as i reverted back to the "old" simulation (as a matter of fact most carrier-compatible jets like the f/a-18 still use Arma 2 simulation, including my harrier) everything went back to normal.

Same goes with chortles' LHD.

So maybe a possible solution would be to just avoid using any improved physx and keep the buildings with old simulation and remove any physx lods.

Also, as a separate note, placing the LHD in virtual reality tends to mess with the spawning.

Ceiling lights on the inferior decks get spawned mid-air, while CIWS and the other weapon get spawned on the ground waaaay off the lhd position.

I have to agree. Esp if you have no plans to make it drivable, the updated simulations are not really being used

Is anyone else having issues using this on a dedicated server? my server wouldn't even load the player slot selection screen until i removed this from the mission? or is it just me?

Hey, first off great mod, really enjoying it. My question is like the well door, is there a way to animate the stern elevator? I'd like to have that elevator starting in the down position. Cheers!

your newest bikey (server key) dont work with ATLAS Mod, you need to sign all your mods again if you offer a new global bikey with the same name.

i get error: Wrong signature for file x:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@ATLAS_LHD\addons\atlas_weapons.pbo

hello all! thanks for all your feedback. RL has been kicking my ass at the moment. I will take a look at the server key. I know the cause of it and I think my P drive or arma 3 tools were messing up and I tried to compile the ATLAS_Weapons.pbo separately. as far as the elevators, same concept as the well deck door, just different names. Ill see if I cant get some code and TESTED before I posted in the next week or so.

I am continuing to try to find solutions to the jets taking off and landing on the carrier, any suggestions, please PM me!

lastly, the ATLAS team has developed a set of harriers and MV22s (NATO,AAF,CSAT) and they are working in game and I would love to release them. however, more often than not when you get in them, they explode. Its the same glitch that appears to effect the Greyhawks. does anyone know a fix for this? thanks!

Dunno if posted already, but I CAN takeoff with planes no problem. And land, if the size would let me break enough

Using basic flightmodel, superhornet E mod, if you need info.

What is the snippet to script the bottom Hangar Door so its open?

Would like to start off the LHD but then we can't get in since the door is closed. In some missions we use the LHD as a pickup, but we don't know know to get in if starting elsewhere. Thanks.

What is the snippet to script the bottom Hangar Door so its open?

Would like to start off the LHD but then we can't get in since the door is closed. In some missions we use the LHD as a pickup, but we don't know know to get in if starting elsewhere. Thanks.

Put that into the init of the LHD in the editor.

if (isServer) then {
 private ["_part"];
 sleep 0.1;
 _part = (position this nearObjects ["ATLAS_LHD_7", 200]) select 0;
 _part animate ["door_welldeck",1];
 _part animate ["door_welldeck_2",1];
 _part animate ["door_welldeck_3",1];
};

Dunno if posted already, but I CAN takeoff with planes no problem. And land, if the size would let me break enough

Using basic flightmodel, superhornet E mod, if you need info.

Class Wasp is an LHD that only supports F-35 or Harrier II Vertical/Short Take-Off and Landing (V/STOL) jets.

@Jonpas

Thanks. But did NOT work. Tried a few variations as well. No luck.

Anyone?