j0nes

ATLAS Mod: LHD Plus

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@Jonpas, the tricky thing about attachto (again unless the heli DLC changed this) is that non Physx objects, such as players will continue to collide normally with the objects, but physx objects will clip through the attached object and still take damage as if they were colliding with them

Here's some code for attaching the weapons to memory points. I'm not sure if it will cause the turret turning issue though.

If I can remember correctly Dezkit managed to attach static 50cal turrets to his ship without any problems http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181278-HMNZS-Te-Kaha

_ship = _this select 0;
_gun1 = createvehicle ["turretname1", [1,1,1], [], 0, ""];
_gun1 attachTo [_ship, [0,0,0], "memorypointlocation1"];

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createVehicle

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createUnit

Edited by deltagamer

@J0nes Yes, I thought that is the problem. I am not sure how exactly the script works, I just see attachTo, not good enough of a scripter to understand more. :P

@deltagamer, thanks! ill take a look at it. The turret glitchyness only occurs when ai are manning the turret, doesnt effect players, which could be why it worked on the Te-kaha

Nice Work. I really Love what you did there.

I had a weird issue. Everytime I am touching walls or elevator fence or stairs... i am taking damage. I died by touching the wall 5-6 times in a row....

Since nobody reported that issue, i guess i am the only one experiencing it.

Nice Work. I really Love what you did there.

I had a weird issue. Everytime I am touching walls or elevator fence or stairs... i am taking damage. I died by touching the wall 5-6 times in a row....

Since nobody reported that issue, i guess i am the only one experiencing it.

No you aren´t ;)

No you aren´t ;)

+1

Thanks for the great mod btw but your walls are murderous :D

Also I guess for now it is not possible for players to use the self defence systems. Maybe any plans on that :)

Edited by DenzelW

+1

Also I guess for now it is not possible for players to use the self defence systems. Any thoughts on that :)

Thanks for the great mod btw.

A good idea would be to have them as UAV turrets so you can connect to them anytime you wish.

A good idea would be to have them as UAV turrets so you can connect to them anytime you wish.

As soon as I get the outlines of the LHD and elevations (like in the USS Nimitz mod), I am using that idea to position the Stomper on the vessel :D

thx man :)

As soon as I get the outlines of the LHD and elevations (like in the USS Nimitz mod), I am using that idea to position the Stomper on the vessel :D

thx man :)

I was talking about the Ships weapons being UAV connect-able but I suppose that works too :D

Yeah man I totally got what you meant, which is a very nice idea but as I am not a modder and cant do a such thing I'll be satisfied with my solution for now. Of course it will be a pain in the ass without the outerlines, without knowing where to put the stompers :)

I found a hole just off the elevator at the rear of the ship. you fall right through the top deck. two minor questions

1. how do i get the defenses working?

2 how do i open the water deck door?

All said its the best ship I've seen so far.

Well defences is what we have been discussing in the last 3-4 posts with deltagamer :)

When you go down to the well deck, as soon as you get out of the elevator there is a botton on the right corner which operns the door. You should look for this kinda bottons all over the ship but just stay away from the walls. they like mankind's meat :D

hope this helps :)

Thanks you for this excellent addon , JOnes!!! I want to ask how can I start the mission with the LHD´s welldeck door opened to initiate amphibious ops, I´ve tried putting this in the LHD´s init line:

this animate ["door_welldeck",1]

also putting an AI unit near welldeck button and this init:

unit action ["door_welldeck", lhd]

but nothings happens, please give me the way to do it.

thanks!!

The well deck door door doesn't seem to work anymore...maybe I'm doing something wrong?

if you want to operate welldeck door as a player, there is a button on the starboard wall of the internal dock, near the water ramp, you can open and close it as you want, the problem I found is how to operate this animation on AI or empty LHD, hope someone would clarify this.

Thanks you for this excellent addon , JOnes!!! I want to ask how can I start the mission with the LHD´s welldeck door opened to initiate amphibious ops, I´ve tried putting this in the LHD´s init line:

also putting an AI unit near welldeck button and this init:

but nothings happens, please give me the way to do it.

thanks!!

this animate ["door_welldeck", 1];
this animate ["door_welldeck_2", 1];
this animate ["door_welldeck_3", 1];

These should be the commands for the Well Deck Door :)

Hi!

Good job on this amazing LHD, It reminds me some of these missions starting from the Arma 2 LHD deck!

However I cannot get the well deck dock working even with the last commands and I don't know really if I'm doing something wrong or not..

I have tested with some vehicles like LCM1E and helicopters to see how it looks for an amphibious assault and DAMN it looks really amazing! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here are some screenshots ;) (Sorry for the low quality) :

438F930831577C740093CE6A478C5EABD85C9815

9487CBAB3DDDD4DE3CDCA353AEBD5459B9FBC5D4

B4B00A3BB74812EA6FCAD3806E133AAF9FF58D73

6308AAD378D4877978A3D9E6EFF3ABF2B8BF5717

B1CBD4DA7A41F7D606DF7D36408B674399906859

B9B4A192203FC235DFA89C2C2EDDD52CC3542C8C

Note: The vehicles except LHD shown in this photos are not part of this addon!

Edited by Mickyleitor

Hi!

Good job on this amazing LHD, It reminds me some of these missions starting from the Arma 2 LHD deck!

However I cannot get the well deck dock working even with the last commands and I don't know really if I'm doing something wrong or not..

I have tested with some vehicles like LCM1E and helicopters to see how it looks for an amphibious assault and DAMN it looks really amazing! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here are some screenshots ;) (Sorry for the low quality) :

Looks awesome, just out of interest where can I get those ships to support my LHD. And are they multiplayer compatible ?

Looks awesome, just out of interest where can I get those ships to support my LHD. And are they multiplayer compatible ?

The truth is that it's not currently available as it's a WIP.

I'm trying to get the Ship to spawn with the code below, but no matter how high I change the Z-Axis number in the coordinates, the ship will always spawn on the floor of the ocean.

_LHD1_POS = [6710,2000,1634];
_MRK_LHD1 = createMarker ["MRK_LHD1", _LHD1_POS];
_MRK_LHD1 setMarkerShape "ICON";
_MRK_LHD1 setMarkerType "mil_dot";
_MRK_LHD1 setMarkerText "LHD1";
_LHD1_VEH = "ATLAS_B_LHD_helper" createVehicle _LHD1_POS;

The ship spawns fine, and everything works. it's just always spawning on the ocean floor, even if I fly up to the sky and use "position player" as coords. Is there currently a way to do this?

I'm fairly new to SQF programming, so I don't know if I'm missing something.