j0nes

ATLAS Mod: LHD Plus

Woah outstanding, i always wanted this to have some more complete interiors, nice!

@redarmy: landing can be scripted, with the aid of an invisible helipad i'm pretty sure the AI shouldn't have much problems, as for "navigation", i think it isn't. AI doesn't like buildings, usually when using Chortles' LHD the AI would simply walk offboard.

I remember this USS Nimitz mod, can't remember the name but I remember it had a sort of outline with different numbers on the side for the deck heights. Is it possible for this to be implemented on this mod instead of having a orange question mark? I'm no expert in making these mods but it would be useful :)

I remember this USS Nimitz mod, can't remember the name but I remember it had a sort of outline with different numbers on the side for the deck heights. Is it possible for this to be implemented on this mod instead of having a orange question mark? I'm no expert in making these mods but it would be useful :)

I agree, this would be a great addition to the mod, in the meantime, I have a template using map markers that does the same. Check page 2.

Curious, I hadn't noticed that... then again, I had intended for any weapons to be placed manually and didn't have in mind what you're doing.Did you find any "applicability" in the LPD-29 mod's well deck?

the LPD mod used by the 15th which is same as one from ArmA 2 has no bottom to the well deck, try diving under it 0-0

Awesome work! I've been working on my own version, but never got around on doing much, it's great to see it even better than I imagined! :D

I wonder, how is this licensed and what's the possibility of getting source code? Any plans to open-source maybe?

-AI navigation

None of the models have pathway LODs at the moment so AI most likely wont be able to use it. On my list of things to add

-editor picture

Ultimate goal is to do the exact same thing as the nimitz with the outline and deck heights

-Open-source

Source code may be released after the results of the MANW contest are announced, or when the rest of ATLAS goes public.

-how to open doors/elevators/ect

look for a small box with what looks like a speaker and a red button on it. There is one at the top and bottom of every elevator shaft and on the elevator itself. The well deck's control is located at the very end of the dry part, right before the ramp, on the left hand side

Did you find any "applicability" in the LPD-29 mod's well deck?

Unfortunately because it was never meant for Arma 3 it was missing some of the bottom of the ships hull since you could never swim below the surface level in vanilla Arma 2 so there was no need for one. It was never the easiest to load in Arma due to it being "Arma" but a work around for the lhd in this mod could be some kind of elevator that is submerged in the underwater welldeck floor and raises up to simulate a ships well deck as moving the whole ship is not practical especially for this type of static object.

Edited by deltagamer

Flight deck is broken. I cannot take off any such aircraft of any kind, other than VTOL (Helicopters) from the flight deck. Not much use for this Carrier other than Heli's at that. Then again, i cannot taxi a heli with the advanced flight model without blowing up.

Excellent work!!!

I was just working on a mission with Chortles ported LHD, but this model definitely easier a lot amphibious operations,

a note, be possible seeing the real size of the ship on editor? only a small icon is seen and it is difficult to estimate the location.

Flight deck is broken. I cannot take off any such aircraft of any kind, other than VTOL (Helicopters) from the flight deck. Not much use for this Carrier other than Heli's at that. Then again, i cannot taxi a heli with the advanced flight model without blowing up.

Maybe with F-35B from Chortles?

Hello, I have another serious bug found place the bombs and explosives experts working in the pioneer not go !!! Satchel and Charge Explosive

Static Ships, separate category.

Also doesn't show up in Zeus, it's not configured correctly.

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Source code may be released after the results of the MANW contest are announced, or when the rest of ATLAS goes public.

That would be awesome, really hope I see that!

Well yeah its a LHD (Landing Helicopter Dock) not a Aircraft Carrier, VTOL aircraft is the only things that would take off on it, and typically the helicopters would be taxied to their take off position by a tug but in this case you just place them on their markers on the deck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landing_helicopter_dock

No it's an engine problem... the only way to take off is using either old "airplane" simulation (like my harrier does) or blow apart every time.

Basiically the jet/helicopter collides with the ship when you transition from one block of the ship to another.

If you try with, say, the buzzard, you'll notice it bounces when it rolls on the flight deck.

That's not completely true, LHA's are also for planes like the Harrier (proof:

).

Problems are created by the deck's holes (what Chairborne said, holes between model parts, because Arma doesn't allow longer than 40m or something roadway LODs the model has to be split into more smaller models), if that would be fixed it would be great and helicopters could taxi without a tug in Advanced Flight Model, which is far more feasible (especially for a game, where you don't have slaves with tugs all around). Either way, holes should be fixed no matter what, unless it's just some weird thing with placement and sea floor in Arma 3, which seem to happen a lot...

No it's an engine problem... the only way to take off is using either old "airplane" simulation (like my harrier does) or blow apart every time.

Basiically the jet/helicopter collides with the ship when you transition from one block of the ship to another.

If you try with, say, the buzzard, you'll notice it bounces when it rolls on the flight deck.

Couldn't you give the LHD PhysX so it can interact with other PhysX based vehicles?

LHD has PhysX already, and the flight deck is too long to make one solid piece, but ill try to smooth it out.

as for rescue boats on the winch, if you look at the actual hook on the boat winch, you can deploy an SDV. although getting back onto the boat launch platform after you get in the sub is glitchy at best

hate to be that guy.. but tbh Battlefield 4's Wasp LHD has a pretty well done interior (and so is their aircraft carrier for that matter). I think you can draw some inspiration from it. :D

1. Very nice mod, the ship looks awesome and works very good.

2. Same problem with explosives, when this mod is activated, i am not able to place any explosives.

Version 1.1

-Added: Server Key

-Fixed:Weapons.pbo now only contains configs vital to the LHD (vanilla explosives should work now)

Version 1.2: ROADMAP (Scheduled for 12/26/14)

-Add: Map Icon based off template by Sup3r6F0ur

-Add: Sounds to well deck and elevators

-Add: LHD Vehicle respawn module (Vanilla BIS module spawns aircraft as 'flying' when respawning them at deck height)

DOWNLOAD V1.1

Also, for those of you asking about Zeus spawning. it may be possible, but it will be hard to do because the ship is 6 or more parts, so being able to move all the parts dynamically would be difficult

Edited by J0nes

Very nice!

Also, for those of you asking about Zeus spawning. it may be possible, but it will be hard to do because the ship is 6 or more parts, so being able to move all the parts dynamically would be difficult

I know Chortles does it with a script using attachTo. You would have to expand it for weapons though.