j0nes

ATLAS Mod: LHD Plus

I am proud to release the stand alone LHD from the ATLAS total modification from the MANW contest. While the rest of the mod has yet to go public, this part of the mod is something that we feel could be useful to some of the naval units out there.

while it is not drivable, it does contain a large walkable interior as well as a functioning well deck. I hope to continue making improvements on the model and the useability of this ship, just know that updates may be few and far between.

the ship spawns with CIWS mounted on it, if you would like to disable the spawning of these, use the variable

ATLAS_Official = true;

1024x576.resizedimage

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/572275839984381482/0B17C671E7EC60D7F0E4CA6BF14CFCD13E7557CB/ (194 kB)

6EDF541C88F1E4504200565069AC0221AB23CDAF

here is a short video of some early weapon testing

and download from dropbox below

DOWNLOAD

• Like 2

Don´t know if that´s just me but the download is extremely slow with Dropbox while other things work just fine. Hope I will be able to test it soon (Downloading with 22 KB/s :P)

Took me 2mins to download on a samsung s3. Nice job i look forward to testing her out

this is GREAT!! but it need a few things

-bridge

-stairway from the top to the hanger and well deck

-crew quarters

-briefing room

Don´t know if that´s just me but the download is extremely slow with Dropbox while other things work just fine. Hope I will be able to test it soon (Downloading with 22 KB/s :P)
Similarly as slow, looking forward to a mirror...@ J0nes: I apologize for having taken two months to reply to you after your last PM, but considering that you've pulled off what we previously discussed, could you tell us more about your current roadmap beyond bugfixes?

New mod 0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@J0nes;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

I think the biggest things are

-stairs/ladder from well deck to hanger deck

-sounds for elevators and well deck doors

-make the weapon spawn more consistent (sometimes they can spawn in the middle of the deck because the undersea terrain is so choppy in places and messes with setpos)

-adding crew served .50 cals, and remote controlled 30mm autocannons like the real LHD has

-realigning the interior lighting

-damage modeling

a bridge would be nice, but considering im not really looking for the ship to be driveable, it would be a lot of work for the occasional hostage rescue/pirate takeover mission. Also right now, Ive been using the room in the tower off the flight deck as the briefing room.

quick note as well, the elevators work 99% of the time, but vertical movement has always been an issue with arma. if you are not in a vehicle, make sure you keep moving your character while the elevator is in motion or you may clip through the floor. working on fixes, but right now thats how it works

You could use the helicopter ramp sounds for the well deck doors and lifts

I think the biggest things are

-stairs/ladder from well deck to hanger deck

-make the weapon spawn more consistent (sometimes they can spawn in the middle of the deck because the undersea terrain is so choppy in places and messes with setpos)

-adding crew served .50 cals, and remote controlled 30mm autocannons like the real LHD has

-realigning the interior lighting

-damage modeling

Why not use attachTo with set, specific memory points for the weapons? I also agree with just using existing "ramp" sounds for now -- you can replace them later. I'd like to PM or message you on Skype about this LHD. :)

Would there be any chance to make the well deck raise/lower? It would make logistics a little bit better and easier to use.

Hey guys. I absolutely love this LHD, way better than the ArmA 2 one and the ArmA 2 ports. I made a little template for placing objects on the ship. I'll be submiting it on Armaholic but in the meantime, you can download it here if you need it right away.

Edited by Sup3r6F0ur
Added different download link

For some reason, this mod disables the ability to use any explosives. I've tried running it with other mods and by itself and am still unable to plant explosives. It also replaces all of the explosives except for the satchel. Engineers can still disarm, but any unit can't place them.

@Chortles for whatever reason, when using attachto on the weapons, when they move their movement is extremely choppy, which makes it impossible for them to track targets properly. although I havent tested it since the helicopters DLC and something with the rope attaching may have changed that

@AngelWingGamingJacob & @deltagamer as far as the well deck goes, I tried to find a happy medium. make it too deep in the water and high waves will flood the whole deck, make it too high out of the water an vehicles cant get in the ramp on the outside. In real life a believe ballast tanks are filled at the rear of the ship which actually sinks the entire ship deeper into the water to lower the well deck, which in arma isnt really possible, but Ill keep trying to find solutions! I would recommend just spawning boats in the 'moon pool' and any amphib vehicles on the dry part

@JKNuke12 thanks for catching that! ill have that fixed in the next couple days. ATLAS has its own integrated explosives system, for which the vanilla explosives placement is disabled. The disabling is done in the ATLAS_Weapons.pbo which is included with the LHD for the CIW Systems on the LHD, so I just forgot to take the explosives part out

Ballasts tanks may possibly simulated by setting the mass. Perhaps run a simple action script changing the mass. You might have to do the entire ship because i dont know how it would act dipping the rear down. Method has had decent success with submarines

Does the Phalanx weapon system shoot down incoming projectiles as well, such as, missiles and etc?

So I went a little ape shit on your LHD mate, the walls do not like you shooting at them.

• Like 1

@Chortles for whatever reason, when using attachto on the weapons, when they move their movement is extremely choppy, which makes it impossible for them to track targets properly. although I havent tested it since the helicopters DLC and something with the rope attaching may have changed that
Curious, I hadn't noticed that... then again, I had intended for any weapons to be placed manually and didn't have in mind what you're doing.
@AngelWingGamingJacob & @deltagamer as far as the well deck goes, I tried to find a happy medium. make it too deep in the water and high waves will flood the whole deck, make it too high out of the water an vehicles cant get in the ramp on the outside. In real life a believe ballast tanks are filled at the rear of the ship which actually sinks the entire ship deeper into the water to lower the well deck, which in arma isnt really possible, but Ill keep trying to find solutions! I would recommend just spawning boats in the 'moon pool' and any amphib vehicles on the dry part
Did you find any "applicability" in the LPD-29 mod's well deck?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Nice work

is this compatible with AI?As in,can the navigate it?land on it etc?