Sign in to follow this  
deltagamer

Deltagamer's British Aircraft Mod [Port]

British Aircraft Mod - Work in Progress

By Deltagamer

Hey everyone,

I'm announcing my WIP British Aircraft Mod that will port over the British Helicopters from ArmA 2 to ArmA 3. Hopefully once those aircraft are ported over I can then expand on them adding in personal touches and some new features.

Here is a list of Aircraft that will be included in the initial release:

• AW159 Wildcat (I know about the AAF one but I can't exactly edit it that's why this will be included) (DONE)
  • Merlin HC3 (again I know about the AAF one but its included for the same reason) (DONE)
  • CH-47F (DONE)
  • Apache AH1 (DONE)

Future Releases

• WS61 HC4 Sea King (This ones a maybe as it needs a lot of work like textures etc, however the exterior is done)
  • SA 330 HC1 Puma (Currently don't have a model)

I'm fully aware that some people may be concerned about this being just another port, which in its current stage is just another port but I hope to add in stuff that will make it far better.

Planned Features:

• Different variants of each helicopter such as Door guns, Ramp guns, Unarmed etc
  • FLIR Pod for the Merlin
  • FFV for all the aircraft
  • Apache jumpseats (FFV)
  • Working ramps and doors
  • Hopefully different camos such as Royal Navy etc
  • AW159 Wildcat with Wheels or Skids
  • Sling Loading

There will probably be more features to come as I work on these but any suggestions to what I can add would be great as well. Also just like most of my mods sources will be provided some time after release.

Images

3Mi7gAs.jpg

N1cCrNC.jpg

FWgthRU.jpg

Edited by deltagamer

YAY! now we can get all the aircraft from one place when this is done.

( I would also love to see a PUMA but I doubt that will happen )

i'll see about doing the puma, I never knew we used them but it might be worth looking into.

Really looking forward to this, moar Britishness - also sent you a PM.

FFV with the AW159 Wildcat

Fh3x3GB.jpg

kZ2TUl8.jpg

Merlin HC3 compared to the AAF CH-49

ouIprCX.jpg

Walkable Interior

GQPdc51.jpg

Edited by deltagamer

@R0adki11 Yeah, I was really surprised when I found that out. I guess if it works don't change it :)

apache = ah64 not ah1 (which is the cobra) and to be exact, this is an ah64d

The Apache is designated the AH1 in the British Army.

Delta, it's looking good so far. Will you be editing the Chinook in anyway (enlarged fuel tanks etc?)

Delta, it's looking good so far. Will you be editing the Chinook in anyway (enlarged fuel tanks etc?)

I doubt I will upgrade the body at all since I'm sure there is a mod already doing that, I wouldn't quote myself on that one though.

Here's some more images, hopefully i'll be able to get this out for Xmas :)

sLWUba9.jpg

rTiCRbt.jpg

bTDtsJt.jpg

8XpuMDE.jpg

Thanks a lot to Kimi for helping me out with the Apache by providing me with weapon, mfd and optic configs.

Is that Wildcat armed with a 20 mm cannon and rocket pod on both side or one side cannon one side pod?

And I think there's a version of the wildcat armed with TOWs,will you also create this kind?

Yeah its one sided. It has a 20mm (1000Rnds HE) on the left and a 12 Rnd CRV7 (HEISAP) rocket pod on the right. I have considered different mission loadouts however I don't think it will come out on the first release.

Here's some cockpit images :)

jJ2zRY5.jpg

3SEjTjc.jpg

i9j2Wyn.jpg

Pilots and Co-Pilots can turn on and off their respective MFDs to display the Flir Pod/Main Turret

Looks awesome, do you plan to integrate the AGM fastroping system? (I don't know if its realistic to fastrope from the Lynx but...) :D

I already have it implemented. I'm just waiting for the mod to binarize then i'll upload it and release it hopefully today :)

---------- Post added at 17:01 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

Lynx Fastrope

dlbh7iW.jpg

this was my reference http://i.imgur.com/HxcLtFG.jpg

Awesome Job! Looks like you're going for an early Christmas present for all of us :)

deltagamer This looks amazing. Its a Christmas present for all the British Clans/Units out there!

Keep up the good work.

Jordan

Brilliant work looks great so far. Nice to see the British clans getting some new equipment.