Sign in to follow this  
Wadi

I need an idea for a mission. i've got...

Any ideas? Anyone? I'd prefer a missiont hat can be made without me recording any sounds with a mic, because I don't have a microphone.

So...

GIVE ME INSPIRATION!!!!!! please

i had one of these threads, it just turned into people giving me scripts, these ended up inspiering me to use them in somthing!

I haven't seen many good black-op/wetworks missions recently, especially for Nogova...or maybe even one of the good new addon islands (Dr. No, Zafana etc.).

You know, a good old "heavily armed snipers & spec ops" mission where you go in to assassinate some high ranking enemy officers and blow up some enemy equipment...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Sep. 25 2002,10:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I haven't seen many good black-op/wetworks missions recently, especially for Nogova...or maybe even one of the good new addon islands (Dr. No, Zafana etc.).

You know, a good old "heavily armed snipers & spec ops" mission where you go in to assassinate some high ranking enemy officers and blow up some enemy equipment...<span id='postcolor'>

*cough* Nightraid *cough* dr no's island *cough*

Blowing up 3 key installations is too little wow.giftounge.gif

I'm making one for my campaign on Sarugao. Infact, probubly a few. As well as SAS style missions, lots of sneaking then running into a building taking out the target then getting out!

Now, if only i could find a script that stops the AI shooting at th west forces so i can do somthing like insertion being by stolen Ural or UAZ.

Black Ops mission on Nogova...there's an idea...okay, how's this:

You have to go in to Petrovice, an enemy stronghold. You have to sneak in, blow up two Shilka's, and sneak out. But on the way to the extraction zone, you are compromised by the enemy (Maybe a patrol in a UAZ.) So you have to fight back, and then when you fight them off they send up a chopper to look for you. Then when you finally reach the Extraction point, you look through your binoculars and find that eastern troops are on a stakeout and the heli that would have pickde you up is abandoned, the crew held at gunpoint. And then -

To Be Continued... wink.gif

I like Grunt missions better than Black op missions, but still like to play black op missions.

Maybe you reach the Extraction point and the heli crashed for no apparent reason, and then you have troops coming at you from all directions, or something along those lines.

RED

i prefer making grunt missions, any mission when you have to follow the leader means you know where the play should/most likely is so you can spring traps on him!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Sep. 25 2002,21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe you reach the Extraction point and the heli crashed for no apparent reason, and then you have troops coming at you from all directions, or something along those lines.<span id='postcolor'>

I prefer my idea, because after you got compromised by the ruskies in the UAZ they try to ambush you, so you leg it away from the heli and then you're stranded in enemy territory.

That's where I'll end it with 'To be continued'. I think I'll make a trilogy out of this mission. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Sep. 25 2002,10:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Sep. 25 2002,10:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I haven't seen many good black-op/wetworks missions recently, especially for Nogova...or maybe even one of the good new addon islands (Dr. No, Zafana etc.).

You know, a good old "heavily armed snipers & spec ops" mission where you go in to assassinate some high ranking enemy officers and blow up some enemy equipment...<span id='postcolor'>

Blowing up 3 key installations is too little  wow.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Speaking of which, looks like I'm finally get that LAN session...tonight! 6 of us...got the links to your missions again? tounge.gif

Hi

Make a command engine mission a little strategy never hurt any one biggrin.gif

Surely you can get enthused at the though of a mission with platoons and companies to control wink.gif

Kind Regards walker

i am doing a mission in the moment wit 5 objectives, on nogova.

But with a normal Platoon of Soldiers.

1 Objective is to join a great force and attack town, free from enemies and blow up the bridge after your reeinforcment came over.

I use own voices, and scramble them, so they sound like comeing out of radio. I asked my squadmembers to make some recordings for me so I get diffrent voices (have about 20 Members so I have enough to choose from wink.gif )

My only trouble I like to have a moving respawn, which counts the death of the Players and after u died a e.g. third time you spawn as seagull. Oh and normal AI don´t respawn, only players. I try to write a script for that.

The 4 other objectives i don´t know, but i like to make good movies inbetween those Objectives as a reward. The start of the map and storyline is ok but the others,wanna make something special, well, thats the hard bit. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Sep. 27 2002,02:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Sep. 25 2002,10:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Sep. 25 2002,10:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I haven't seen many good black-op/wetworks missions recently, especially for Nogova...or maybe even one of the good new addon islands (Dr. No, Zafana etc.).

Blowing up 3 key installations is too little  wow.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Speaking of which, looks like I'm finally get that LAN session...tonight! 6 of us...got the links to your missions again?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Great news smile.gif

Anyway, all finished missions and some previews are found here

MP Mission overview

Cheers, and be sure to let me know.

You know what I do realy hate, that all missions are alike. Battlefields looks so cleaned up and no eyecatching things around. The storyline boring and the Objectives sound and look alike.

I remembered the start of OFP, many had realy good ideas and you had super long coops to play.

without respawning and stuff and we tried to make the mission.

If I think about it, I bet I played the Hostage COOP on 1.20 at least 90 times. The new maps are realy just run in and kill no teamplay or something. It´s realy ashame, because OFP is a lot more than the games like CS,HL or the new games. confused.gif

Wadi, you want an idea for a FRESH mission? How about a mission having to do with Cuba? Untouched bastion of Communism in the Western Hemisphere. You have a blank slate for different ideas; Invasion, Liberation, Assasination, Drug Interdiction, Missile destruction/dismantling, etc...

Tropical island (we already have the jungle islands), Communist forces (we already have a multitude of Soviet/Russian addons), Missiles (we have Scuds), etc... All you'd need is to create a character in the likeness of Castro for assasination plots or cinematics (I don't think he looks too much different than Guba (except for the uniform)). you can have patrol boats, commie gaurds, farms, etc......

I dont know what it is, but I like those kind of missions where its hard to beat.. but still manageable to beat, and you start alone and have to fight your way to join a group of Men, and they join your efforts, then you have to drive to another location, fight there, and then you loose your men there and then fight your way out and join more men, and fight as well... I know it sounds stupid.. but it makes the missions seem more realistic, like there are alot of people fighting... and the men who join you are also fighting before they get to where you have to meet them! Haveing it in the evening when its clear and easy to see.. then getting Dark and rainy with some fog before its all over with makes it hard to play and very scary! smile.gif

actually, I think the storyline is secondary. I mean, yeah, it's important, but what really counts is the execution. for me a good mission has a simple storyline:

take the unit you want at the center:

Black Op team? Tank? Infantry Squad? (with CE: Platoon, company, battalion; with my artillery stuff: FO/ANGLICO/FIST for Pltn, Btty, Btln)

What are the usual mission roles for such a unit?

pick one of those.

then think about the enemy.

Then add in some friendly troops.

Then go and scout the maps until you find a good battlefield (objectives, key terrain, avenues of approach, etc.)

then figure out how you want the mission to end (basically time available to complete the objective).

Once you've got a rudimentary plan, figure out how the AI troops on both sides are going to move. Test this stuff. Make it good; and if you can, make it dynamic.

Now throw in some cinematic effects for the player, and build for lots of contingencies. Think about how the mission can be played by a bunch of rambos going in with heavy weaps, and by a stealthy approach. Make it so that a partial defeat doesn't have to end with complete destruction. If they call for an evac helo too deep in enemy territory, and it gets shot down, tell the players to hoof it cross country to a boat or something.

basically, build the engagement, then figure out how it can go wrong, and go right, and make those contingencies fun. single-player or mp coop, some of the best missions are where things get screwed up early, and the players pull out, especially if what got screwed up could have gone right (i.e., it's not scripted to always happen that way).

oh and one other thing, for a big engagement, have the tension build for a long time, then have all hell break loose for a few minutes. Think of that res. campaign misison with the big armor engagement south of the town. Atmosphere-wise that's cool.

Now imagine being a grunt in an APC. everyone dismounts for a hasty defense -- maybe an armored company is what you have. The enemy pops over the ridge with overwhelming force, and in five minutes of brutal combat, usually wipes out all your tanks, while you and your buddies keep your heads down (and maybe pop off a few ill-advised laws). as everything is wiped out, the tanks stream past, followed by APCs, and seize the town behind you. While they set up defenses, you and what's left of the defense force have to rally and harass the enemy while an understrength counterattacking force is mounted.

One thing I would recommend is to throw in a few random units and events...I mean, ones that will be there sometimes you run the mission, but not others.

If there are no random elements in a mission, it is too easy to work out the AI patrol routes. etc. and completely circumvent them.