Sign in to follow this  
bravo93

Firing from vehicles using launchers?

Could be done with a mod, probably a small config job. You could try to make one and yes I'm serious about it. I saw that you have been looking into it already in the addon and config sub forum. My tip is to start looking through the game configs until you find the relevant code, you can do that in eden. When you find that open up a question in the relevant subforum on how to change it and create a small addon. It's seriously not as difficult as one might think :)

Are you in the wrong forum or is that just a pointlessly hopeless comment?  It breaks my heart that most peoples responses are negative.  Especially when this isn't that bad an idea.

I hope others can see how firing two primary weapons simultaneously would be insanely fun, firing rpg's from aircraft seems considerably less interesting to me.

I think the beauty in Arma is best shown in short to shorter range as well as equipment improvement, I want to combine them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, andersson said:

Could be done with a mod, probably a small config job. You could try to make one and yes I'm serious about it. I saw that you have been looking into it already in the addon and config sub forum. My tip is to start looking through the game configs until you find the relevant code, you can do that in eden. When you find that open up a question in the relevant subforum on how to change it and create a small addon. It's seriously not as difficult as one might think :)

Thanks man, that is inspiring. I will try.

• Like 2

...hmmm, I feel like I am reading the manual for an alien spaceship.

I can look in to the config viewer but for what?

The Hummingbird?

The player on the bench?

Even if I find it, how do i change it?

and to what?

this is so overwhelming to an amatuer.

care to point me in the right direction?

I just want to shoot an rpg from the bench of a Hummingbird, I am honestly surprised this doesnt exist already.

17 hours ago, andersson said:

I could probably use some guidance

On 12/16/2014 at 1:37 PM, bravo93 said:

I love Firing from vehicles.. easily the best feature added to A3 in my opinion. but it doesn't include launchers? :(

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Javelin_Trials_MOD_45148064.jpg

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/b/bf/Ronin_Rocket_02A.jpg/600px-Ronin_Rocket_02A.jpg

I've seen quite a few videos of the Javelin or a M72 LAW being fired from the turret of a APC/PPV, or from a Pinzgauer like in the picture above. Is there some kind of limitation preventing this ingame because I think it would be a great feature!

Only thing I can think of is it being a bit unrealistic from some vehicles because of backblast etc but considering that's not really simulated without mods, don't think that's an issue..

did you ever find a solution to this?

8 hours ago, Misconduct said:

I could probably use some guidance

I can take a look later and see if I find something useful or if it's a dead end.