Did a lot of work this week finally.

Some cool updates and fixes. Cargo selection option for the SDVs, velocity out the back of the jump plane, added more sound efx, new MC-130J Commando II support, chemlight on boot option, and so on...

Should have an update this weekend, or next at the latest. No promises as I often miss my deadlines. I have so many cools things planned. New equipment, HALO and Combat Diver 3D models coming, new scripts, ACE3 scout/sniper compatiblity, etc. Stay tuned... ;)

• Like 1

Did a lot of work this week finally.

Some cool updates and fixes. Cargo selection option for the SDVs, velocity out the back of the jump plane, added more sound efx, new MC-130J Commando II support, chemlight on boot option, and so on...

Should have an update this weekend, or next at the latest. No promises as I often miss my deadlines. I have so many cools things planned. New equipment, HALO and Combat Diver 3D models coming, new scripts, ACE3 scout/sniper compatiblity, etc. Stay tuned... ;)

Glad your back and congratulations on your new house, cant wait to see what you have out next!

Great to hear you are back man! I had a question regarding the project, is it still being separated into parts or is SpookWarCom back on as a whole project? Also is it possible in this new version to turn off that new font?

Edited by Khaosmatical

Thanks man.

I'm still leaning towards doing both. Separate each package as a stand-alone for those who just want a simpler, or smaller mod (for whatever reason). And have a package that includes the full set with a bunch of extras that also tie it all together somehow. Might re-name or re-brand the project as well. Not sure I like SpookWarCom. It was a spin on SPECWARCOM. I might name it just SPECWARCOM or Black, INC., or something. Thoughts anyone?

For example, if you only have the HALO stand-alone, you'll miss out on HALO specific mission in the generator, or you'll miss out the SAM package coming, or hiding your HALO Gear on landing won't be included. Make sense? Not sure why I get asked for just one mod, when you could have the whole package. Anyway...

And the bold/black font is a bug. Spent two hours going through code and configs to get it fixed. Will be in update. Will try very hard to get the update up by Saturday morning (US central time).

Added C-17 Globemaster III (by fullerpj) support this morning. More HALO freefall EFX. Have dedicated HALO Gear coming. 3D Models of O2 Tank, mask and hose, new parachute and proper backpack on front, bre-breather bottle, AAD Graphics/dialog, SCUBA Tanks, new Lockout Chamber for the Submarine, more Missions for the Mission Generator, SAMs, etc.

Hoping to have those done for, not this update, but by the next one later this summer. I also want to have a few Submarines done by fall, and my own terrain by spring. So many cool ideas, so little time. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks man.

I'm still leaning towards doing both. Separate each package as a stand-alone for those who just want a simpler, or smaller mod (for whatever reason). And have a package that includes the full set with a bunch of extras that also tie it all together somehow. Might re-name or re-brand the project as well. Not sure I like SpookWarCom. It was a spin on SPECWARCOM. I might name it just SPECWARCOM or Black, INC., or something. Thoughts anyone?

For example, if you only have the HALO stand-alone, you'll miss out on HALO specific mission in the generator, or you'll miss out the SAM package coming, or hiding your HALO Gear on landing won't be included. Make sense? Not sure why I get asked for just one mod, when you could have the whole package. Anyway...

And the bold/black font is a bug. Spent two hours going through code and configs to get it fixed. Will be in update. Will try very hard to get the update up by Saturday morning (US central time).

Added C-17 Globemaster III (by fullerpj) support this morning. More HALO freefall EFX. Have dedicated HALO Gear coming. 3D Models of O2 Tank, mask and hose, new parachute and proper backpack on front, bre-breather bottle, AAD Graphics/dialog, SCUBA Tanks, new Lockout Chamber for the Submarine, more Missions for the Mission Generator, SAMs, etc.

Hoping to have those done for, not this update, but by the next one later this summer. I also want to have a few Submarines done by fall, and my own terrain by spring. So many cool ideas, so little time. ;)

Just now stumbling upon your project Goblin. WOW really amazing, cant wait to see what you got in store for the next update and the one after that. lol. Seriously lots of really cool immersion stuff your doing and that the type of stuff that makes mission nights really special. Keep it up !!

Really looking forward to playing with all the exciting new features! My group are massive fans of all of your work for our smaller, SF sessions. If I may inquire/make a request; in the new version will the scuba/halo gear have TFR underwater tranciever support? When we "jump wet" into the ocean we findit difficult to get organised when we hit the water as the stingray doesn't have any form of sub-surface communication option.

Either way though? Really excited to see your newest work!

Besides the fact that this news has made me happy, regarding the name it's a tough one. It's got to be tier 1 enough but it probably should reflect what the mod is as well, maybe an acronym or abbreviation like TacOps or simply use the VQI title as that was fine.

Congratulations on the new place and great to see you "back in the saddle!" While you were getting everything squared away there were alot of releases that (when ran concurrent with) SpookWar are absolute Game Changers! Thanks for the new update, I just downloaded it so this isn't a test-report, just wanted to welcome you back.

I also have been eagerly waiting your return to ask what you thought about ACE3/RHS/USAF compatibility, and if you had ever considered (in the future) of bringing the VQI experience to the USS Nimitz or ATLAS LHD? i apologize for the flurry of questions , if they came out as vagrant or intrusive. I have really enjoyed this addon since I did my first HALO, and appreciate all the hard work, patience, and detail you have poured into this project. I will help aide in it's development in any way I can! WB Goblin!

Thanks!!!

Note: the update is NOT up yet. Have a few loose ends to tie up first.

ACE3/RHS/USAF compatibility. I'm open to suggestions. The only thing for ACE3, is I was going to re-do the SniperBuddy and DataCards so it reads out in metric and the most common data points you need for using with the ATragMX.

RHS? And at some point, I'll add the option to select your enemy for the mission generator, if you get a mission that spawns in enemy (ie Assualt/Clear Area).

And USAF mod support is already almost done. Have the MC-130J Commando II and the C-17 Globemaster III supported to jump out of. The MC-130J: 25,000ft - 35,000 ASL and the C-17: 35,000ft to 45,000 ASL.

And the Nimitz/ATLAS? What is it you were looking for? Height-Spawn issues? I'll be adding a bunch of support for those in a full SpookWarCom package, that'll also include FOBs, and an off-map Ops Center to start in. But those are very far out yet and boring and tedious to setup and script.

Anyways, thanks man! v0.0.6 should be up by next weekend I'm hoping. Its the 4th of July weekend, so I may be a tad busy, but I'll try. ;)

Really looking forward to playing with all the exciting new features! My group are massive fans of all of your work for our smaller, SF sessions. If I may inquire/make a request; in the new version will the scuba/halo gear have TFR underwater tranciever support? When we "jump wet" into the ocean we findit difficult to get organised when we hit the water as the stingray doesn't have any form of sub-surface communication option.

Either way though? Really excited to see your newest work!

Thanks

You referring to Task Force Radio? Never used it. Can you explain more on sub-surface coms? How is the Stingray preventing the use of TFR?

Edited by Goblin
spelling

The stingray rebreather also acts as an underwater rebretaher. In TFR, the underwater rebreather acts as an underwater radio, and it does not work with SpookWarCom. It would be a nice addition to this already cool mod.

Roger that. TFR sounds awesome. Never used it, but it looks fantastic.

Doubt I can/would add support though. Makes way more sense for TFR to add specific Radio Equipment into the Radio Slot. Even that wouldn't work I suppose, now that I think about it. As I have planes for more HALO equipment that'll go into those slots.

Hmm, ...I'll have to take a closer look into TFR I think. Not sure at this point. I'll make a note.

• Like 1

Yeah, as Johnny mentioned it's just because TFR rigs the trancievers to the actual rebreather rig itself. I love TFR but I agree that they should be seperate radio objects. Perhaps make it possible to H.A.L.O with the vanilla rebreather as a workaround for now?

It isn't really that big of a downside, really. I have all my divers automatically surface and then work out a plan before submerging again so they don't have to communicate underwater. Would be nice, though, even as a separate thing.

I could do that I suppose. If you guys want. The issue with vanilla re-breather is it has no cargo space and you can not see the hoses hooked up to your mask. (And you can not see the cool Stingray I drew on the front) I'll try and add it quick this morning when I get home. I'm hoping to put up the update v0.0.6 today.

That is true, to be honest I have never needed to put anything into the rebreather until last night. Usually we H.A.L.O on our Spec Ops mission night so I use TFA backpacks which are huge, but I used an RHS backpack last night and actually had to load gear into the stingray.

Still, it's your mod, Goblin and whatever you decide to do, I won't complain. I love the VQI mods and will continue to follow and utilise your works regardless. :)

I won't complain either, but I'll pay you seven hundred thousand dollars for you to release this mod today.

I'll have to rob a bank first.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

I'll just be sitting here with a bowl of popcorn and wait until the update gets released :)

v0.0.7 Released

Download on first Page

@johnny0964 you can make the check out to Von Quest Industries ;)

v0.0.7 alpha

========================

-COMBAT DIVER-

-ADDED: SDV Loadout Option: Standard

-ADDED: SDV Loadout Option: Demolition

-ADDED: SDV Loadout Option: Explosives

-ADDED: SDV Loadout Option: Anti-Vehicle

-ADDED: SDV Loadout Option: Scout/Sniper

-FIXED: Floating Guns in SUB

-FIXED: Menu Options in SUB

-CHANGED: Menu Options in SUB

-SOCOM MISSION GENERATOR-

-FIXED: Generic X Conflict

-FIXED: Disarm 'L1 Bomb Device' Menu

-SCOUT/SNIPER-

-FIXED: Questrel 'SniperBuddy'

(ACE3 version coming soon)

-SPOOK-

-CHANGED: Removed Hand Grenade

-HALO/ParaJump-

-FIXED: Temporary Marker Option

-FIXED: A.A.D. Wet-Jump (lowest alt setting)

-REMOVED: Support for the old C-130 and C-17

-CHANGED: More Altimeters in Jumpcraft

-CHANGED: A.A.D. set to ASL (Above Sea Level)

-CHANGED: A.A.D. Altitude Settings

-ADDED: MC-130J Commando II Support (by fullerpj)

-ADDED: C17 Globemaster III Support (by fullerpj)

-ADDED: Over 20 Random Radio-Chatter Files

-ADDED: Weapon-On-Back upon HALO/Para Inspection

-ADDED: Depressurize Sound EFX in Aircraft

-ADDED: Opening Door Sound EFX in Aircraft

-ADDED: Aircraft Travel Time Option to Module

-ADDED: Red Chemlight to Boot Option

-ADDED: Auto-Door Open for BOTH MC-130J and C17

-ADDED: More Freefall/Wind EFX

-ADDED: Velocity out the Back of Jumpplane

-ADDED: Gear/Weapons/Equipment Crate

-ADDED: Virtual Arsenal Crate

-ADDED: HALO/ParaJump Menu Keybinding (Shift + H)

-ADDED: Standard Rebreather Supported (for T.F.R)

-ADDED: A.I. Support (still WIP)

(not in Plane yet, but AI will Jump with you)

-E.O.D/Explosives-

-FIXED: Bold/Black Text Conflict with Config Files

Edited by Goblin
  • Like 1

Will do!

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Question: how do I prevent me teleporting 10 km away from my jump target when I jump out of the Vampyre? Is that a 'feature' or a bug? It used to happen all the time int he old versions and I was hoping it would be patched.

Guessing you mean AFTER you jump? You have to WAIT for the GREEN Go/LIGHT.

The start locations are random, but you can re-route the plane anywhere.

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

@Foxhound

15 minutes? Geesh! What took so long? :p

I think that's a new record!

Thanks brother! :thumb:

Yes, I do mean after. Will be patient this time :)

Will green light come over voice or will that little black bar where is says O2 Supply NORM be replaced by green light? Sorry if these are dumb questions!

Edited by johnny0964