Ah, copy that. That option has been in the Module for a long time. You can just turn it off.

If you really really want to keep it in, just softer, I can do that. I have plans for more audio

options and transitions coming but the HALO mod is low priority right now. The audio

thing I can do quick if its something ya'll want.

• Like 1

This is a fabby addon, and it's your baby, I can live with the music, now I know it can be turned off within the module LOL

Hi Von Quest!

I'm making a mini campaign, and I would like to use your Excellent Spook MOD.

One question regarding the EOD module: Its possible to mark a specific area where the random placement of the bomb take place?For instance, a defined urban area?

Thank you, and keep up the good work.

PS:Can't wait for D.A.R.K. as well........

Ciao from Italy!

Italy? I'd love to see Italy some day.

Good question. YES. Just 'Group' the Module to Markers. The game will randomly pick one (plus its starting spot).

You can also set the 'Placement Radius' inside the Module Options as well for a random area spawn.

I'm assuming you are referrring to the Bomb Module by itself, and NOT the SOCOM Mission Generator? If using

the SOCOM random setup, then right now, No.

Also, not sure if that Module even works right now. I know it does not work if the object is above ground any. FYI.

• Like 1

Thank you Man!

Yea, I was referring to the bomb module..so great news!

I'll test the module ASAP.

Ps:Yap...Italy.... great place...to bad is run by Italians! LOL!!!

I have never had a problem with the SpookWarCom modules on my own PC system used in conjunction with ALiVE, however when we have tried to setup a server mission for our unit this weekend on Altis the ALiVE modules work as expected, but the SpookWarCom Vampyre and SOCOM/Diver desks are not spawning.

I can see and use my VQI jumpbuddy instead of my watch, though.

The server is showing no errors.

We are stumped at the moment. Any ideas please?

I'm assuming you are referring to a Dedicated Server?

No clue. I have zero experience working with them.

Also, the v1.5 seemed to break a few things, so it may

be related to that. I haven't gone through and checked

all areas of SWC after the update. Just noticed this past

weekend that DARK broke right before its release. Grrrrr.

Sorry.

Yes, dedicated ARMA 3 server we own.

We are all here to help each other and it is not your fault so no need to be sorry, it might well be something we are doing wrong at our end! We are still very much learning. SP is so easy by comparison lol.

Sorry to hear DARK broke just before release.........that must be very frustrating.

Our primary aim is to have fun and your Mod is very much that, thanks.  :)

Hi,

In an attempt to help you and me identify what might be broken or conflicting on our server I carried out some tests today in SP mode on my own machine.

On the FSF Al Rayak map I used the island airfield in SW corner as the base.

Using the Vampyre I noticed that only the HALO crate spawns, but not the extra ammo crate or virtual arsenal. HALO jump works fine.

Using the aircraft from the latest USAF Mod 0.5.3 release

Using the C17 all three crates spawn, HALO jump works, but parachute jump doesn't as aircraft stays on ground and no sound effects heard.

Using the MC-130J Commando II all crates spawned, parachute and HALO jumps both worked.  :)

Also active and working were both the SOCOM and DIVER desks.

Next I started adding the ALiVE modules too and found no extra conflicts to above.

HOWEVER when I put down the SOAR MH-47 Chinook from http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25580 I discovered upon starting the selected saved mission it breaks your Mod script/mod so the crates and AI jump master do not appear!

This appears to be the problem we might be having on our server so I am going to ask my friend after his work later today to remove the SOAR MH-47 Chinook from the mission and see if that allows SpookWarCom to work on our server.

Update: 03SEP2015 after removing the SOAR MH-47 from our server the problem of no desks and no aircraft still occur. I have now asked my friend to remove everything from the mission all vehicles and add one at a time until we identify all conflicts that prevent SWC from  working on the server.

N.B. We have previously had back in March this year the HALO mod on its own working on our server (with the Vampyre aircraft) operating off the USS Nimitz, when the HALO was not part of SWC and was

the original standalone.

Hope this helps.  :)

I too would love to see this working on a dedicated server so here's my experience and findings. I tested on Altis and Stratis and received the same results. No socom desk no aircraft and no starting position for the halo jump which all works inside the editor. 

If it helps, I run a dedicated server at home. If you turn on "Show script errors" for your client you see there are a lot of "Undefined variable in expression" errors when it's trying to load socom and halo modules. there are many of them on each module. I'm sorry I'm not a good scripter so I can help find the error but not sure how to correct them :( 

Im sure everyone would.

If you have quick instructions on how I can setup and test at home, then I may look into it at some point. Until that happens, there is nothing I can do. I have 3 copies of ArmA on 3 different computers right now.

Also keep in mind, its only v0.0.8 so all that stuff is very low priority. I'm going to be re-writing numerous section often more than likely until this project gets much further along.

I'm hoping to release v0.0.9 this weekend at some point. Not much in changes other than the New Module.

Ehm, If I place the C-17 or 130-J, it doesn't spawn. Any ideas how to fix this? I'm using the download links you provided.

I also die when I'm freefalling down and I move. 

The mod is awesome though, I love the sounds the view, it's amazing. 

EDIT 1. I fixed the death while freefalling by removing Enhanced Movement. 

• Like 1

Ehm, If I place the C-17 or 130-J, it doesn't spawn. Any ideas how to fix this?

Make sure you put down the MC130 and not the C130 from USAF mod, the C17 should work though if you are running the pbo from USAF.

• Like 1

If you have quick instructions on how I can setup and test at home, then I may look into it at some point. Until that happens, there is nothing I can do. 

I'm still trying to help as best as I can.  ;)

I think it might be a timing issue on servers. Whilst I haven't a server personally and have to rely on others to test the server issues I can report that the server we use can take an age (several minutes) to load everything up from a fresh new start compared with SP missions on our own personal computers.

What made we consider this morning 'timing' was on my SP ALiVE mission which has run perfectly for days now with SWC, I put down a few extra friendly AI soldiers on the mission editor to start with my character in my team. When I ran the mission for the first time it took noticeably longer to load up here and the result was that the SWC AI pilot and crates failed to appear, which was not expected.

Ran it a second time, much quicker loading and all was well. I think the delay in loading (spawning) everything on the map may have somehow delayed SWC so much it broke???

Hope this helps again.

Good guess on the timing.

I think you are right. Had a few issues on the next Module after DARK, which is called CORE. It's the last Module (I think), for this project. It'll be all the other player and start options. In testing for MP I had to add code that specificlly made the client pc wait until the server returned true on some public variables before continuing.

So basically what happens is, the client is finishing its code too fast before the server, which has to compute all code. So some sections that the client needs, is missing then. It's a simple fix (so to speak), its just a matter of hammering out the upgrades.

I just got the PM from the other guy on how to setup one of my PCs for a server so I can test in full-server mode. So that's cool. Just need to find a slow rainy weekend.

After some small testing this weekend. I think I have a better handle on the whole SP/MP thing. Just hang in there. It'll get done at some point. Small steps. Hoping to have a new DL Monday morning. I rewrote a section of HALO which was WAY more stable. I'm going to let players just pick the airborne aircraft separate from the ground options. You can then click to pick the jump point (anyone can) and THEN the mod will build and setup that part at that time rather than build it when the game starts.

It'll make more sense later. Anyway.... Thanks guys.

I've been there with trying to figure out how to work around Server and Clientside stuff, good luck working it out. Code stability is always welcome :)

Good guess on the timing.

I think you are right. Had a few issues on the next Module after DARK, which is called CORE. It's the last Module (I think), for this project. It'll be all the other player and start options. In testing for MP I had to add code that specificlly made the client pc wait until the server returned true on some public variables before continuing.

So basically what happens is, the client is finishing its code too fast before the server, which has to compute all code. So some sections that the client needs, is missing then. It's a simple fix (so to speak), its just a matter of hammering out the upgrades.

I just got the PM from the other guy on how to setup one of my PCs for a server so I can test in full-server mode. So that's cool. Just need to find a slow rainy weekend.

After some small testing this weekend. I think I have a better handle on the whole SP/MP thing. Just hang in there. It'll get done at some point. Small steps. Hoping to have a new DL Monday morning. I rewrote a section of HALO which was WAY more stable. I'm going to let players just pick the airborne aircraft separate from the ground options. You can then click to pick the jump point (anyone can) and THEN the mod will build and setup that part at that time rather than build it when the game starts.

It'll make more sense later. Anyway.... Thanks guys.

I like how you call me the "Other guy" lol but seriously glad it helped man! Thanks for your hard work on your mod.

Sorry brother. Thanks though. On my phone and saw the PM but forgot who sent it as I get PMs all the time and couldn't back out to check it again once I committed to typing that post.

;)

Still not home, and won't be able to even DL it and take a look until maybe next weekend or so. I'm hoping to crank out some of the HALO re-write stuff quick and upload it when I get home today.

But anyways... Thanks! I get PM'd to death on how to get this working fully in dedi. Should help a lot.

Sorry brother. Thanks though. On my phone and saw the PM but forgot who sent it as I get PMs all the time and couldn't back out to check it again once I committed to typing that post.

;)

Still not home, and won't be able to even DL it and take a look until maybe next weekend or so. I'm hoping to crank out some of the HALO re-write stuff quick and upload it when I get home today.

But anyways... Thanks! I get PM'd to death on how to get this working fully in dedi. Should help a lot.

No worries man I just thought it was funny ;). take your time and just let me know if you need any assistance with the dedi, that is one thing I'm very good at. and as always if you need a test candidate my clan mates and myself are willing to do some testing for you. Good luck!

Make sure you put down the MC130 and not the C130 from USAF mod, the C17 should work though if you are running the pbo from USAF.

Thanks man, but what mod adds this MC-130? Do you have a link? Btw, thanks for the quick response.

Thanks man, but what mod adds this MC-130? Do you have a link? Btw, thanks for the quick response.

Von Quest beat me to it ;) , but as he says you need the aircraft from the USAF mod he has given you the link to, as the default SpookWarCom mod on its own has the Vampyre drone aircraft only.

When running the USAF mod at the same time as SWC you can choose any of the aircraft options and they will work. Recommend the MC130 as it works best and has greatest number of drop options currently.

If like me you only want specific aircraft in a combined clan or single player mod pack to keep overall size smaller then you have to look into the USAF pbo files to select the right one to extract (you don't need to worry about that if running the USAF mod in its entirety)

Hope this helps too

UPDATE: v0.0.9 alpha

==========================

Changelog:

v0.0.9 alpha
=======================
-D.A.R.K-
-NEW MODULE! (see docs folder)

-SOCOM MISSION GENERATOR-
-ADDED: Enemy Option Selection
-ADDED: HALO Flight SITREP to Laptop

-EOD-
-ADDED: I.M.S Explosives Detector Audio
-CHANGED: I.M.S in Slot or Vest ONLY

-HALO-
-FIXED: AAD Module Text to current setup
-FIXED: All Maps supported in FULL!
-CHANGED: Slight Re-Write (MC-130 ONLY)
-FIXED: JumpCrew Chat Fixed
-REMOVED: Vampyre, C-17, IL-76 Support

-DIVER-
-FIXED: Added old 'Request Transport'

Plus numerous other changes and tweaks I can't remember!

NOTICE: ONLY the MC-130J is currently supported right now in the HALO Mod. I will add back in the other aircraft later.

I got sick of updating all aircraft for every change. For now, ONLY the MC-130J Commando II will be the TEST Aircraft.

You can DL this Mod from the USAF Pack (see above).

The re-write for HALO should be very stable for MP now. (I did NOT get around to Dedicated Server stuff yet) There

will be NO airborne aircraft at the start if using the HALO Module. You have to file a Flight Plan with the JumpMaster

to select where you what the GREEN/GO Signal. You can start to see where I'm going with this hopefully.

The Ground Operation will be separate from the Airborne Operation. Allowing you to have one kind of plane (or none),

on the ground, and a completely different one as the Jump Plane for different altitudes and options.

So there will be a small delay until the next update to v0.1.0 Beta. That one will hopefully include the CORE Module,

an updated HALO System, and my own C-130 that will be included so you won't have to download the USAF Mod

which I think was 1.5 gigs (can't remember, but its huge).

The big upgrade for this update is mostly the NEW D.A.R.K System. Its the Enemy Spawn System. Make sure you

read the (rough draft) doc now included for a breif introduction to it.

ALWAYS, always, keep in mind this is NOT a finished project. Not even close. There are several bugs, issues, and

large sections of code that are not done yet. I have just the ONE Module (I think) to finish up, before I come back

around and and start to put a lot more polish on it and tie everything togeather.

I'm probably forgetting a bunch since I always rush the last minute stuff and upload then type this when I'm too tired.

Anyhow... Let me know how this update works. Good luck!!!

• Like 4

Amazing work Von Quest. As always, we really appreciate the effort and the unique aspects of this mod that aren't done by any other mod. Keep it up !

• Like 1