[ delete ] double-post; forums are glitchy lately

UPDATE:   v0.5.3
==============

CHANGED: Complete re-write and overhaul of Reinforcements Module
REMOVED: Several experiment models from old testing projects

REMOVED: Most of the old Misc, Roleplaying, and Looting Items from the Editor

ADDED: Dynamic Jets AO Option (vs old boring default BIS CAS)

ADDED: Bomber AO option for carpet-bombing and flyover areas

ADDED: Hundreds of New Misc, Roleplaying, and Looting Items

TWEAKS: Several misc tweaks and small fixes, etc

Notes :

10,000+ line update and rewrites. Added HUNDREDS of odd, misc, military, personal objects you can Search for on Dead Infantry Bodies. At some point soon (not gonna disclose when or details) you will have to search carefully on the bodies for hidden Intel. Some Intel will be obvious, but most will be hidden. More on that later this summer.

Considering a Name Change for this project. Been kicking this around for a while now. Something more official and sexier. I'm also considering starting a Website and going full CDLC for this project. That would likely remove this from further public updates, and I'd have to crank up the quality, and add numerous 3D Models, GameModes, Server Support, Custom Vegetation, Objects, New Large Terrains, etc. Curious on feedback on this. I can't disclose more at this time.

Another path I'm considering is only offering Official Documentation to only those who are active heavily following this, and/or contribute, and/or support via donations.

And lastly... My current focus this month is, I'm really motivated right now to work on a New Menu System. I absolutely HATE the default old menu we still have. I have a bunch of ideas for this and hope to have it released in the next update. If anyone has ideas, suggestions, input, post it here in the Forums. It'll likely be a central Radial-Type Player GUI Menu you will pull up at anytime (sorta similar to ACE3).

Cheers Mates!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Von Quest said:

going full CDLC for this project. ......... Curious on feedback on this.

well, i like SOCOM as a free mod but i can see why it would be good to invest in getting it polished into DLC standard. i really think what is lacking from the Eden editor are modules for dynamic/sandbox mission makers like you have made. I've played with the AI modules a bit with limited success (i'm good at setting them up wrong i think) and the insertion from the HQ stuff is very cool but my favourite by far is the drag and drop task module for ease of setting up and integrating with existing missions.

thanks again for your hard work mate, love this mod 🖖

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lordfrith said:

well, i like SOCOM as a free mod but i can see why it would be good to invest in getting it polished into DLC standard. i really think what is lacking from the Eden editor are modules for dynamic/sandbox mission makers like you have made. I've played with the AI modules a bit with limited success (i'm good at setting them up wrong i think) and the insertion from the HQ stuff is very cool but my favourite by far is the drag and drop task module for ease of setting up and integrating with existing missions.

thanks again for your hard work mate, love this mod 🖖

:yeahthat:I couldn't say it better.100% agree.

8 hours ago, Von Quest said:

I'm also considering starting a Website and going full CDLC for this project.

Thanks for the updates VQ!! Everything seems to be working pretty flawless on our end. 

Also, in regards to the CDLC, I think (and I could be mistaken) per BI's rules for CDLC, I don't think you'd be able to for SpookWarCom because it's already published and I think they said you can not turn an already published mod into a CDLC. So to my knowledge you would have to create an entirely new project if you went down that road. That said, I'd buy it if you did. I love the work you've done in Arma. 

I was thinking about doing some extended Ops in hostile territory, instead of the conventional -grab a task- Infil/Xfil/repeat.

It would be sweet if I could attach the VQ_ Item_ ( sorry I'm forgetting the name specifically ) for task generation to a tablet that I can carry around with me, deep into hostile areas. 

So I gave the tablet the ability to access the task gen, fired up the scenario but after I picked up the tablet  effectively adding it to my Inventory - then set it back down onto the ground -  it no longer was able to access the module to gen any tasks.

Am I overlooking a simple step in this setup? 

If the VQ_**laptop** item can only be applied to static items that one cannot put into his inventory, is there a way to make it so it could? 

Hell I'd be fine if it was a selectable feature within the module to " Task gen from equipped radio"  so then you'd simply scroll wheel your context menu while pointing at nothing and select "Communicate with Command" and out it spits a task.  Then the other options "Task gen from static object" as we currently have and maybe even "task on request" meaning you could be in nothing but your underwear and scroll wheel to select "generate task" haha

BTW killer work on all of this VQ, the amount of customization and variable details makes this a pretty fun suite to mess around with!

Thanks! You can just run the File from anywhere/anyway you want. The Path/Code is:

execVM "vqi_socom\VQI-MissionGenerator\MISSION\vqi_socom_mission_activate.sqf";

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Zakuaz said:

BTW killer work on all of this VQ, the amount of customization and variable details makes this a pretty fun suite to mess around with!

:yeahthat:

excited for whatever you do. Love your work.

btw Can't seem to get the reinforcements to spawn. Also to clarify in the reinforcements module/minimum enemy, the number there represents how many enemy alive after a fire fight, for example. if there was a group of 20 but all are killed but 5, then at that point they would call for support?

Thanks!

Which one? I know at least the ParaTroops and Arty work. We just tested last week. Didn't test the Cargo Heli yet in MP. You may need to delete any OLD Modules, and place the New Ones to reset them.

Yeah, there should be New Options to select all details. You should be able to set Probability, How many Enemy Left, Range of those enemy, etc. You can select What Helicopters are used, the Troops being deployed, and probability of how well they can Track you.

• Like 3

@darrenin IIRC you can also - for testing purposes- lower that min number and also lower the timer on it to see the QRF reactions with out waiting around.  Also , obviously, don't just slay the initial squad in seconds as I don't think they'll have time to respond and make the call.

• Thanks 1

Ok, the suspense is killing me dude hahaa!

PUBLIC NOTICE :
This project is undergoing a total overhaul, and being upgraded into a much bigger and professional version. I will be out of town for a couple of weeks, and will update with more info when I get back next month. 95% of my other projects have never been released to the public. This project has not ended. Stay Tuned for more News.......

Over & Out!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I like the sounds of that - but - I'd of loved to use the Socom module until then haha, no worries dude, cheers and looking fwd to it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakuaz said:

I like the sounds of that - but - I'd of loved to use the Socom module until then haha, no worries dude, cheers and looking fwd to it!

:yeahthat:

2 hours ago, Von Quest said:

PUBLIC NOTICE :
This project is undergoing a total overhaul, and being upgraded into a much bigger and professional version. I will be out of town for a couple of weeks, and will update with more info when I get back next month. 95% of my other projects have never been released to the public. This project has not ended. Stay Tuned for more News.......

:icon_dj: PS: I don't want to be greedy, but as you agree before, could you look into the "bring along the AI teammates in the infil-chopper"? , if it's not already planned, that is😋

Anyway, thank you for your dedication to this project man! TK.

ANNOUNCEMENT :
Good News, Bad News. Unfortunately I am unable to turn this into a full time professional upgrade. I have other more pressing real-world projects that need my attention and take priority. I would be looking at 1-3 years away for the full version. Good News... I have re-uploaded some of the basic files for you to play with. I'll continue to upgrade and expand slowly over time as this is still my favorite hobby. Only some of the files are uploaded, with NO DOCUMENTATION. More Files and Docs will be added this summer. Your old Missions should work again and be operational just as I left off last month.

System back ON-LINE. Name Changed to........ Zero Dark Thirty

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Von Quest said:

System back ON-LINE. Name Changed to........ Zero Dark Thirty

Thank you Von Quest!!!

Good luck with your RL projects, as we "adults"😋 know how important they are.

• Like 1

UPDATED / FIXED
Also updated the Example Setup and Guide Mission

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Looks amazing V Quest - that high strategy Nation's map really looks intriguing. In the example mission, i cant pass the HALO flight inspection Facewear portion tho I think Ive tried absolutely every item in that room..?

Thanks!

You can change whats required in the Module if needed.

One of the required ones is the Balaclava w/ Low Profile Goggles.

The JumpMaster can be a jerk. You might need to slip him a $20.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry, I know this is prob my inability to figure it out, but how do I get it? All the links are 404.. I don't see any other places to get it.. Can I get a link.. thanks

@Bode_DHSF

The Steam Workshop Link is posted on the FIRST Page of this Forum Thread. Always check there first.

Also be sure to Download the SAMPLE/NOTES Mission for a starting Tutorial and setup Example.

(All stand-alone sub projects are still currently off-line in my dropbox links.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1