@everyone

Hadn't had much time to work on this the last two weeks. The update will be a tad light. I should have the public-test version up somethime Sunday.

@john1

1. Yes. Thats already planned and "on-the-board". Not sure on release date. Should be easy to do so maybe I'll add it to the next release.

2. Probably... Also planned is a special Radio of somekind to talk to the Sub and request/re-route it if its in the water. To-Be-Deterrmined.

3. Subs look great. More detailed than mine. I'm not an expert at 3-D modeling. All my stuff is fictional. I'll be posting my WIP pics soon.

4. Not really nessessary, but there will be an option to delete all objects related to the Ops Center after you head into the Mission/Map. I don't understand the F-14 thing though?...

5. At some point there will be more options. Coms to and from the Sub will be incuded, but not for a few more updates. The current Diver/Sub system was more of a place-holder and test bed for the public. The best stuff is coming (hopefully) summer of 2016.

@stburr91

Probably. Sure. Not this, but the release after that I'll take a look. I already have a C-130 (thanks to SabreDust) that will be included. I just have to convert a bunch of stuff and do some graphics for it. I'm not really that familiar with vehicle projects though. I might try and jam it in quick in the morning for this next release, but I highly doubt it.

So sorry guys. Got caught up this weekend. Will try and get a small update soon. Time is really short these days.

So sorry guys. Got caught up this weekend. Will try and get a small update soon. Time is really short these days.

no its not ......  time is still the same.......   it just means you are a more busy man these days  :P     take the time.....

Yeah, there were two updates I was looking forward to this past weekend, this being one of them, neither happened. I've been waiting for the update to be able to para drop the CRRC, I've been wanting to do a series of special ops missions that starts with a wet jump, and boat ride into shore. 

The update comes out when you have the time to get to it. It's cool, we understand that life gets in the way sometimes.

You always have the option to request the Submarine to wait for you at the Drop Zone. The jump in the water, and dive down to the sub and grab a SDV or a CRRC.

I'll try and get that update done this week. I may just release the unfinished version so its out there and then do another quick small update right away after that to shore up some issues.

Stay tuned...

Any good tutorials for this mod? The documentation wasn't quite enough for my apparently feeble brain. I dropped the modules for socom and found the desk but could not interact with it. Went up to the air Marshall at the vamp but couldn't get in the air...

Thanks.

This is a tutorial on how to use the HALO module. I don't have any experience with making tutorial videos, so if someone has a better one, please post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhRI-dl7jl4

• Like 1

Thanks for the vid. Looks good. You covered all the basics.

I would emphasize you can add any and all uniforms, weapons, gear, etc into your Backpack if you have room. I'll add some Carryall Backpacks into the Crate for this next release.

I managed to sneak away for a tad and tie up a few loose ends for the next public release. It'll be a little rough, but I'll upload v0.1.0 beta this next morning when I get home.

I got the CRRC, SDV and the ATV into the ParaJump as Cargo Options. Keep in mind the blue little canister attached to the cargo is the Smoke/Light/Radar Beacon. If you go up to it, it'll have options to set the timer (or remove it) so it'll fire after it hits the ground so you can find it better if needed.

Also a cool feature added to test - Enemy Radar. The HALO Mod will add the option for the the enemy to have Radar Stations randomly scattered about the map. The new sub-system will tie into the SOCOM and DARK Modules. You need the SOCOM laptop (included in the Ops Center) to scan for their signatures. If you jump too close to these for a HALO, the Enemy QRF Teams are sent to investigate. If you do a basic ParaJump (low alt), then no matter where you jump, there is a very high probability of QRF Teams to intercept. Very Cool.

To exfil a Enemy Map, you'll also have the option to call a Civ Heli to pick you up covertly and carry you off. If the Enemy sees you get in a undercover Civ Heli, they may still open fire. Stealth is your friend.

Anyway... I'll have the update and details uploaded in the morning here. Within 12 hours of this post. Hooyah.

• Like 1

2 things Von.

I use ALiVE in just about every mission.

1. Can I define what faction the enemy troops are in Spook War mod?  i.e. the QRF enemy units are ISIS, RHS Russians, Massi's African Rebels, etc.?

2. Are all modules able to be used on a MP Dedicated server?

I'd really like to start incorporating this mod in our small group Spec Ops missions.

UPDATE:

v0.1.0 Beta Released

v0.1.0 Beta
========================
-CORE-
NEW MODULE! (see docs folder)

-D.A.R.K-
CHANGED: Increased Reinforcements Probability
CHANGED: Removed Cluster from Arty (fps killer)
CHANGED: QRF Teams to 'move' instead of 'SAD'

-HALO-
ADDED: Enemy Radar System!
ADDED: Cargo Options: CRRC, SDV, ATV
ADDED: Carryall Backpacks to Crate

-SOCOM-
FIXED: Faction Selection in HVT Mission
CHANGED: HVT Mission has generic Briefing

Is anyone else having trouble HALO jumping? Every time I start the jump, I get spawned outside of the aircraft in free-fall and die shortly after. 

Make sure you are ONLY using the USAF Pack for the HALO part of this. The only aircraft fully supported right now is his C-130J. I'll be adding back in the Vampyre in the next update I think.

As far as dying. I think that's a mod conflict. Advanced Movement maybe?

@everyone

I did a quick test of the current released version, and spotted a few issues right away. The Carryall Backpacks did not make it into the Crate. A Config error I'm guessing. Also the blue canister on the ATV for the Cargo drop is on top instead of being underneath as intended.

Not much feedback so far... Hope its all going well. Let me know either way. Thanks!

Is anyone else having trouble HALO jumping? Every time I start the jump, I get spawned outside of the aircraft in free-fall and die shortly after. 

HALO jump worked just fine for me.

ETA: I was jumping out of the C130j.

Von Quest,

How does the smoke /beacon work? If I set it for 1 minute, does that mean that it won't go off until 1 minute after being dropped? Also, I always seem to have a hard time finding the dropped cargo during the day, is it possible to have more smoke, and for a longer duration? 

I don't die right afterwards. Don't have the advance movement mod. But I do get kicked out of the C-17, but I recently saw the the post by Von Quest. Will you be removing the C-17 option or improving upon it? 

But with the MC-130J works perfectly fine. 

Tried the update last night. Threw the Core and the SOCOM modules in editor. The screen turns black after around 5 seconds while previewing. You can hear the player move and fire but nothing more than that.

This addon does not work with the C17 Globemaster. There are also essentially NO good instructions on how to use the HALO system. I place the modules, I tell it to use the C17. I place the C17 Nothing happens. I try it with an Empty C17. nothing happens. I try it without the C17. nothing. With out syncing the C17 to the module. nothing. Simply put, either the C17 DOES NOT work with your mod or, you do not provide enough information and instruction on how to make it work.

This addon does not work with the C17 Globemaster. There are also essentially NO good instructions on how to use the HALO system. I place the modules, I tell it to use the C17. I place the C17 Nothing happens. I try it with an Empty C17. nothing happens. I try it without the C17. nothing. With out syncing the C17 to the module. nothing. Simply put, either the C17 DOES NOT work with your mod or, you do not provide enough information and instruction on how to make it work.

An overall video tutorial is needed to cover all the modules.

I second you. A tutorial is needed. However brief, but is indeed needed.

The developer of the mod has said that the only aircraft currently working is the C130j. To use the C130j, you need to have the USAF mod by Fuller, found here.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25512

There is a tutorial video on how to use the HALO module in post #356 of this thread.

Note: Since the video has been posted, the Vampyre aircraft is currently not included in the latest update of the mod, and that the cargo drop feature is now fully functional.

Will this work in MP? If so, how? If I make a mark for where the HALO is, will everyone have to do the CLEARED for HALO and then spawn in the plane?

I've been experiencing a few issues regarding the D.A.R.K and SOCOM Modules. These all have been found when testing out some scenarios that I have been making, and in preview mode in the editor. One being that I haven't encounter any ground based units from the DARK module, occasionally there will be an ambient helicopter flyby, but that's about it, I haven't come across any patrols or convoys. The problem is similar for the SOCOM module, when assigned to an objective, such as recon or assassination I will not find any forces at the location of recon, or simply just an officer sitting out at the location that the Intel places him at. I'm not sure if this is because I am running it in the editor preview mode, possibly some way I haven't configured the spawn rates on the DARK module, or maybe even just a conflict of mods. Any help is much appreciated though! and once again, keep up the good work!

@stburr91
The timer starts after it hits ground. And sure, I'll probably add a few more Smoke cycles.

@korea115
Since I'm on my phone right now and out of data, I'll check those vids when I'm back at my main pc.
And as for the C-17. Not sure. I really don't want to support multiple aircraft. It bogs down the project. I'm undecided right now. As this moves further along, I'll probably keep support. But for a while at least, it will likely be just the fictional Stealth Drone and the upcoming C-130.

@ArmaMan360
Patience. Just wait longer. This applys to several areas of this project. It needs time to build and setup.

@linuxmaster9
Apologies. I should have removed the options in the Module. Right now the ONLY aircraft supported is the C130 from Fuller's USAF mega pack. Do NOT sync anything. Not needed. None of my Modules require syncing. I couldn't figure out how to remove that without crashing the system.

@ArmaMan360
Agreed. stburr91 posted a good vid a few posts back that goes over the basics. I have no experience in doing vids and may or may not do some in the future. There is a docs folder, example/test mission, Tool-Tips and Info tab in the Modules. I'll try and update the Instructions and Info at some point. Most likely when I split these off into their Stand-Alone counterparts.

@stburr91
Thanks! I should add some details in the main post and add your vid. ;)

@linuxmaster9
Yes, kinda. It's NOT fully ready for Dedicated Server use yet. I do play MP over a home LAN and it works great for us with only a few small issues. Everyone will have to Pass Inspection for a HALO Jump and then get cleared by the Crew/Load Master guy inside the plane. For best results, the Host PC should go first and also File the Flightplan as well. Go one-by-one with a small delay in between for each player. Once in the plane, move out of the way, so the next guy can Spawn in.

@rmp21400
Was rmp21399 already taken? Kidding. Um, yeah... The DARK system spawns the Enemy (or units) far out from you so you don't see them spawn in. Then they patrol randomly. So from the players perspective, it may seem a little empty or quiet. This is why I recommend using ALiVE for populating the Map. I'll be upgrading that system so you can 'stack the deck' so to speak, and control the spawn and patrol style of the Enemy. And the SOCOM system doesn't really spawn in too many enemy except for a few specific Missions. It's mostly just a random Mission Generator is all. I'll be adding ALOT more Missions soon, but everyone keeps pulling me back to work on the HALO addon which grinds everything else to a halt. Hope that helps.

---

Thanks guys! Keep the feedback coming. Its good to hear it from the players perspective. It's easy to loose track of things and take some things for granted. I'm also always working or testing things that are 3-6 months ahead of what actually gets released to the public.

Stay frosty!

Over & Out.

• Like 2

@stburr91

The timer starts after it hits ground. And sure, I'll probably add a few more Smoke cycles.

@korea115

Since I'm on my phone right now and out of data, I'll check those vids when I'm back at my main pc.

And as for the C-17. Not sure. I really don't want to support multiple aircraft. It bogs down the project. I'm undecided right now. As this moves further along, I'll probably keep support. But for a while at least, it will likely be just the fictional Stealth Drone and the upcoming C-130.

@ArmaMan360

Patience. Just wait longer. This applys to several areas of this project. It needs time to build and setup.

@linuxmaster9

Apologies. I should have removed the options in the Module. Right now the ONLY aircraft supported is the C130 from Fuller's USAF mega pack. Do NOT sync anything. Not needed. None of my Modules require syncing. I couldn't figure out how to remove that without crashing the system.

@ArmaMan360

Agreed. stburr91 posted a good vid a few posts back that goes over the basics. I have no experience in doing vids and may or may not do some in the future. There is a docs folder, example/test mission, Tool-Tips and Info tab in the Modules. I'll try and update the Instructions and Info at some point. Most likely when I split these off into their Stand-Alone counterparts.

@stburr91

Thanks! I should add some details in the main post and add your vid. ;)

@linuxmaster9

Yes, kinda. It's NOT fully ready for Dedicated Server use yet. I do play MP over a home LAN and it works great for us with only a few small issues. Everyone will have to Pass Inspection for a HALO Jump and then get cleared by the Crew/Load Master guy inside the plane. For best results, the Host PC should go first and also File the Flightplan as well. Go one-by-one with a small delay in between for each player. Once in the plane, move out of the way, so the next guy can Spawn in.

@rmp21400

Was rmp21399 already taken? Kidding. Um, yeah... The DARK system spawns the Enemy (or units) far out from you so you don't see them spawn in. Then they patrol randomly. So from the players perspective, it may seem a little empty or quiet. This is why I recommend using ALiVE for populating the Map. I'll be upgrading that system so you can 'stack the deck' so to speak, and control the spawn and patrol style of the Enemy. And the SOCOM system doesn't really spawn in too many enemy except for a few specific Missions. It's mostly just a random Mission Generator is all. I'll be adding ALOT more Missions soon, but everyone keeps pulling me back to work on the HALO addon which grinds everything else to a halt. Hope that helps.

---

Thanks guys! Keep the feedback coming. Its good to hear it from the players perspective. It's easy to loose track of things and take some things for granted. I'm also always working or testing things that are 3-6 months ahead of what actually gets released to the public.

Stay frosty!

Over & Out.

I have been looking for a HALO implementation like this except where you start the mission in the back of the stationary plane with crates in the back and you just run out the back when ready. Any suggestions?

Hi Von Quest,

Some quick feedback from a short test using the C130.

All HALO/PARA jump options with vehicles worked for me, so pleased to see the SDV too. Was able to land in the water and dive away.

In SP mode I repeatedly kept landing near Altis airport and going back to the C-130 for more options, the only problem that happened was I eventually lost the option to view the map somehow. However, this only occurred after multiple repeated  jumps and I don't think it happens for a regular use in game.

The Diver desk worked too.

Hope to test further with ALiVE over the next week.

Very pleased once again, thank you.