Tried using all the aircraft, they all had the same problem. I think its a conflict with one of the many mods I was running, probably ace. The thing is though it would work with the mods as long as the description.ext wasn't available.

Yea I know it should have no affect at all that's why its really weird haha. I waited 8min at one stage.

With Your permission I would try with friend to rewrite some code and try to work with coop / dedi server.

UPDATE RELEASED: v0.0.8

~Always Check OP and included Docs

~Notice: To use the Test Cargo Option - Crate ONLY - use the C-130 and go see

the Crew/Load Master inside. Click Cargo Option to select "Crate". When you are in

the airborne jump plane, you have the option to set a timer on the little Blue

Beacon/Locater Device. Once on the ground, the device will Fire Blue Smoke and a

Blue Chemlight to help you locate it when the timer goes off. IF you can find and

reach the Crate before that, you can Deactivate that Beacon/Locator for stealth.

Its still a very very W-I-P part of the HALO/Para Project. Public testing for now.

Let me know how it works. Buggy. Experimental. Enjoy!

v0.0.8 alpha

========================

-HALO-

-FIXED: ParaJump, player not in plane

-FIXED: Night JumpLights for "Vampyre"

-FIXED: Mis-timing on landing EFX

-CHANGED: Updated ParaJump Script

-CHANGED: reduced velocity out back of plane

-CHANGED: Keybinding Initialization

-CHANGED: Improved A.I. HALO/ParaJumps

-CHANGED: Alt Range of C-130: 25,000-35,000'

-CHANGED: Alt Range of C-17: 35,000-45,000'

-CHANGED: Alt Range of XHR-1: 45,000-65,000'

-ADDED: USS Nimitz Option - C130 & "Vampyre"

-ADDED: Gear/Weapons Crate to "Vampyre"

-ADDED: Virtual Arsenal Crate to "Vampyre"

-ADDED: Crate Options to Aircraft Module

-ADDED: Delete JumpPlane Option to Module

-ADDED: Max viewDistance during Jump, 10000m

-ADDED: Cargo Test Crate Option to C-130

-COMBAT DIVER-

-FIXED: Sub Surface Pick-Up Player

-ADDED: Sub PickUp Option to Desk Module

-ADDED: Keybinding Menu Placeholder [WIP]

-SOCOM MISSION GENERATOR-

-Fixed: ANY Player can use Mission Generator in MP!

-CHANGED: SATCOM [still major WIP - DO NOT USE]

-SNIPER-

-Changed: Questrel; Default/ACE3 Option [WIP]

-FIXED: Sniff Audio

-EOD-

-ADDED: Keybinding Menu Placeholder [WIP]

Edited by Goblin
Cargo Notes

With Your permission I would try with friend to rewrite some code and try to work with coop / dedi server.

Sure. If you can upgrade any of this for better MP/Dedicated performance, that would be cool. I never use, nor plan to, use and setup a dedicated server.

Just post improvements here, or PM me with where I can find the code/files. DO NOT re-release though to the public. People are changing this project and uploading variants to the net which misrepresents my work.

Any possibility you would be able to make the diving experience a lot more realistic like your HALO mod? Scuba tanks, different kinds of gasses, the bends, pressure, etc?

So when this first was announced, i took a quick look but realized it was a big WIP. Now with further updates and getting into beta soon (maybe?), i was hoping to give it another go. I looked through the thread and saw some posts about TUTs and videos and such, but none yet. Is anyone willing to put a quick "how to" high level video on how this system works and get it going? That would be great. In the mean time when i get home going to check out whats been shared and the included documents. Thanks!

So when this first was announced, i took a quick look but realized it was a big WIP. Now with further updates and getting into beta soon (maybe?), i was hoping to give it another go. I looked through the thread and saw some posts about TUTs and videos and such, but none yet. Is anyone willing to put a quick "how to" high level video on how this system works and get it going? That would be great. In the mean time when i get home going to check out whats been shared and the included documents. Thanks!

I want to do it if the mod maker "Goblin" is okay with it. :D

Sure. Go ahead. Make all the vids and tutorials you want. ;)

I'll add back in Editor samples for each system in the next update.

But there isn't much to explain. I have docs included for all systems, plus 1 Editor all-in-one sample. If you have specific questions, ask away. It's easy to lose perspective as the dev since I know this system frontwards and back. I also tried to add good Tool-Tips when you mouseover the Module options. There is also more info in the Modules when you click Info at the bottom.

Just add the Modules you want. Right now, there is only 2 per system. Usually you need just the "System ON" for the features you want. The second Module is for placing its companion, like a Desk/Laptop to access a tiny menu.

For example, for the HALO System, just place the "HALO System - ON" Module, and set the options you want. The default options are my recommendations. (Place anywhere)

Then place its second Module, the "HALO - Aircraft" to select more options and the aircraft you want to jump from. (Place where you want the ground plane, crates, and crew to spawn)

Done! That's it. Easy peaszy.

Go see the dude standing behind the plane. He has Menu options. Select SITREP to see where they want to drop you off at. It's random! If you don't like it, request a new Flight Plan where you can click to select a close general area.

Gear up as required. You can pack all your gear into a Carryall Backpack. (Note to self: I need to include Backpacks) To jump via HALO Insertion (high alt), you need special gear so you don't freeze and suffocate since its super cold and there is little to zero oxygen.

It takes a few jumps to get used to how to pack your gear. All your Combat gear gets packed into your Backpack. When your Combat gear is all packed, gear up in your required HALO Gear. You need a minimum of the Thermal Jumpsuit, the Helmet, and the O2 Vest.

Go see the guy behind the plane again, and request a HALO inspection. If you have packed and geared up correctly, he'll issue you your Parachute and strap your Backpack onto your front automatically. All gear will be saved until you land. (even ACE3 gear compatible).

Then go see the dude inside the plane to access his menu. You then select the Flight you requested. At that point you'll transfer into the airborne JumpPlane.

Wait for the Green/Go signal. This will take a few minutes. Do nothing! Just wait. Its all automatic. Enjoy the ride!! When you get the Green Light and/or the Audio: Go! Go! Go!.... Jump!

If you grabbed the Altimeter, just press your 'watch key' to get it to pop on for a few seconds to check Altitude, Compass, Wind, GPS, Temp, etc.

And that is just one system. There are several included, with more coming. :thumb:

Edited by Goblin

Goblin,

It says to sync the modules to your unit, but I noticed that none of your modules are synced in the editor example mission and they still work. So is there no need to sync them at all?

One other question....Is the floating Submarine compartment fixed in .08? I tried using the sub module in .07 and the sub interior would end up floating in air above me.

Really like this mod concept BTW. As an avid ALiVE user....it's a welcome addition for the "bells and whistles" of insertion additions.

Do NOT Sync anything. I couldn't figure out how to remove that with my config setup. So I left it in. :p

The Sub System should be working better. Not the greatest, but okay. The public version is just a test.

I have the official version of the Lock-Out Chamber about 50% done. Its a mind-blower! Month or two.

Do NOT Sync anything. I couldn't figure out how to remove that with my config setup. So I left it in. :p

The Sub System should be working better. Not the greatest, but okay. The public version is just a test.

I have the official version of the Lock-Out Chamber about 50% done. Its a mind-blower! Month or two.

Awesome. I'm building a Spec Ops campaign on Isla Duala/N'Viswago (LOVE African terrains!) and the Sub inserts would be perfect for those.

Would be cool if we could place the ground plane on a different map than the jump plane / mission map (same goes for submarines). Would be a lot more immersive than starting on the same map. Also how cool would it be to have a set of small maps ( could be desert, african, arctic, european etc) as bases and starting maps. Existing maps could be used as well..for example placing the ground plane on Stratis air base but doing the halo thingy on Altis :) ..

cheers

Just noted one thing. I used the socom mission/objective generator. Worked well and even initiated missions, but on remote corners of Stratis. Literally "corners", one of the missions just 3-4 metres from coastline. When I approached it, it was a hut and only 3-4 OPFOR Units around it. and the object was clear the area. lol

And I was playing as OPFOR, so please in the next update, detect the player side and have enemy faction spawn automatically. or give a "Select enemy faction" option inside a module. Not every one is a fan of NATO side ;)

To all others, Goblin's mod refers to using his modules for, like he said, immersion rather than full on A-Z mission generator and spawner (Atleast not till this version). A quick hint, whatever modules you want to use, it is coupled with a twin module. I mean, for example there are 2 modules which begin with the word "HALO", so you need both of them to make the entire HALO thing to work. And similarly for others.

As he said syncing isnt required but earlier I anyway synced them to my player unit with no issues.

Similarly, the "scout/sniper" module isnt a mission generator with random targets on the map, it includes sniper details like study of ballistics, wind direction etc through items like that "kestrel" thing which looks like a radio with fan. :p

Anyway, from what I have understood Spook War creates that "environment" for you to feel like an organised bada$$. Play around his modules in the editor on a small maps like stratis or porto to avoid long frustrating load times on larger maps. Then after practice, you can use other brilliant addons like EOS, DAC, Zombies and Demons to spawn stuff then go at it.

Regards

Edited by TheLegendaryKhan

Awesome. I'm building a Spec Ops campaign on Isla Duala/N'Viswago (LOVE African terrains!) and the Sub inserts would be perfect for those.

Is the sea around that Map deep enough? Need at least -30m for Sub Ops. My brother likes that Map, I don't think I tried it yet. Going to have to giver her a try soon.

Would be cool if we could place the ground plane on a different map than the jump plane / mission map (same goes for submarines). Would be a lot more immersive than starting on the same map. Also how cool would it be to have a set of small maps ( could be desert, african, arctic, european etc) as bases and starting maps. Existing maps could be used as well..for example placing the ground plane on Stratis air base but doing the halo thingy on Altis :) ..

cheers

Yes, would be cool. I have an Ops Center in the works. Kinda sorta the same concept. You can start in a plan non-descript building (a 'black site'), where its off-map. So you don't need any setup or FOB or anything. From inside you can get your mission, gear-up, Intel, etc. Then select your Insertion method and pick-up options. It gives great behind-enemy-lines immersion.

Just noted one thing. I used the socom mission/objective generator. Worked well and even initiated missions, but on remote corners of Stratis. Literally "corners", one of the missions just 3-4 metres from coastline. When I approached it, it was a hut and only 3-4 OPFOR Units around it. and the object was clear the area. lol

And I was playing as OPFOR, so please in the next update, detect the player side and have enemy faction spawn automatically. or give a "Select enemy faction" option inside a module. Not every one is a fan of NATO side ;)

To all others, Goblin's mod refers to using his modules for, like he said, immersion rather than full on A-Z mission generator and spawner (Atleast not till this version). A quick hint, whatever modules you want to use, it is coupled with a twin module. I mean, for example there are 2 modules which begin with the word "HALO", so you need both of them to make the entire HALO thing to work. And similarly for others.

As he said syncing isnt required but earlier I anyway synced them to my player unit with no issues.

Similarly, the "scout/sniper" module isnt a mission generator with random targets on the map, it includes sniper details like study of ballistics, wind direction etc through items like that "kestrel" thing which looks like a radio with fan. :p

Anyway, from what I have understood Spook War creates that "environment" for you to feel like an organised bada$$. Play around his modules in the editor on a small maps like stratis or porto to avoid long frustrating load times on larger maps. Then after practice, you can use other brilliant addons like EOS, DAC, Zombies and Demons to spawn stuff then go at it.

Regards

Traitor. I have dispatched men in plan black suits, that should be arriving soon.

Kidding. Yes, no problem. It's already planned. I should make that the priority for the next update. Should be an easy upgrade, since the core code is in place. Just need to swap classnames.

And the system to add enemy all-around, is coming as well. Not sure when though. It's easy enough, but if it adds too many, it'll kill the Frame Rates. I should add that soon maybe. Not sure. I have soooooooo many projects going at once, that progress as a whole is at a crawl.

Anyone try the new Cargo Crate option yet? How's it working? I'll add the Zodic, ATV, and SDV in the next update as well. Might be a few weeks as I'm going out of town this weekend.

Goblin,

I'm mainly using the mod for the insertion portion of missions, with ALiVE being my "meat and potatoes" for AI, objectives, etc.

However, I did want to ask.

Do you plan, in the future, to have the mission generator work in tandem with ALiVE? By that I mean...I noticed that every "Kill the HVT" mission was an Iranian General. What if I use RH Escalation for a mission? Is there an ability to identify the Opfor Faction being used and adjust the spawned Spook missions accordingly?

Also...will there be an ability to tell the Spook system that a waypoint is underwater via indexing of some sort? I noticed a couple of times that the HVT or "Retrieve the Case" was in the middle of the ocean.

Looking forward to the continued growth of this mod. Nice work.

Anyone try the new Cargo Crate option yet? How's it working? I'll add the Zodic, ATV, and SDV in the next update as well. Might be a few weeks as I'm going out of town this weekend.

We have every intention of trying out the cargo crate, unfortunately I am on leave on an island in the Med somewhere near Altis until 2nd August with my family so having to wait until then, currently checking out potential CSAT agents here on the beach whilst observing them from the bar and drinking ice cold beers as cover!

I tried it once so far, it seemed to work fine. Can't wait for the Zodic, ATV, and SDV.

ETA: I couldn't get the Zodic to fill with air and rise to the surface from the sub. The bubbles were released, but no raft.

Edited by stburr91

We have every intention of trying out the cargo crate, unfortunately I am on leave on an island in the Med somewhere near Altis until 2nd August with my family so having to wait until then, currently checking out potential CSAT agents here on the beach whilst observing them from the bar and drinking ice cold beers as cover!

You bastard! Um soooooooo jealous. Keep us posted. Those CSAT agents are crafty. Stay on your toes. Over & Out. -S-

I tried it once so far, it seemed to work fine. Can't wait for the Zodic, ATV, and SDV.

ETA: I couldn't get the Zodic to fill with air and rise to the surface from the sub. The bubbles were released, but no raft.

Solid copy. Damn. Wonder if BIS did a classsname change. Thanks. I'll check it when I get home.

Sub insertion was awesome! Please tell me that insertion will work in COOP?

Sub insertion was awesome! Please tell me that insertion will work in COOP?

I tried it on a non-dedicated server with a buddy a couple days ago. It works as long as the host initiates all the actions first and such. There's some flaws like seeing each other bounce on the sub because of the water going up and down and such, but I'm pretty sure those are engine limitations rather than Goblin's fault. This is definitely one of the coolest mods for A3 so far.