New mod 0.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Goblin;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Hi Goblin, which one is the key to (use EOD Tools) defuse IEDs? I have all my tools but don't know how to interact with those IED. Thanks.

I would like to ask about something: "Reduced Visual Sig"? Does this mean it is possible to use scripts to make a unit "less visible" to AI? Im asking as there is a script that uses PiP feature to create an active camo effect. Now if you are able to reduce visual signature it would be possible to make that active camo actually worth something without being overpowered.

Active camo code (http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/23saz5/someone_asked_for_better_camo_in_arma_3_how_about/)

Great question. I just started messing with unit configs. I really don't know. I think so, but am not very confident with them yet. I read somewhere someone saying that "configs are a bit of a dark art", I have to agree. If you figure it out, let me know. I'm still experimenting with the SniperStealth system. Using config/script might be the better way to go, instead of just scripting a complex set of loops, checks and waitUntils.

I keep getting a "bin\config.bin\CfgVehicles\Sounds.scope" error when I start the game, open the editor etc. disappears if I disable the mod.

Fixed. Will be in next release.

New mod 0.0.1 available at withSIX.

Thanks.

Hi Goblin, which one is the key to (use EOD Tools) defuse IEDs? I have all my tools but don't know how to interact with those IED. Thanks.

Check the DOCs folder included. Details in there. You just need the Black ESD Diagonal Snips right now. The other objects are just role-playing/scripting objects. They will be needed for all the next Level/Type of explosives coming in a future update.

Update:

-------

Oh, AND make sure any Tools are in your Equipment Slot. Not in your Uniform, Vest, Backpack, etc.

Edited by Goblin

Sorry Guys!

Just realized that half the Missions are NOT working. So Sorry. Some are broke yet again. (grrrrr BIS :mad:) I swear BIS just follows me around and tries to brake my toys! And some, I forgot to use the newer working code. Some old bad code was left in, while the new working stuff was still sitting in my testing folder on my desktop.

Also, good news, I fixed the Config errors, for HALO, Diver, and Sniper that was causing annoying pop-ups and changed the text in the Editor.

I'll have an update this weekend. ;)

^ thanks Goblin - do you want us to submit bugs (ie: RPT errors for missions) or wait until new version?

Sorry Guys!

Just realized that half the Missions are NOT working. So Sorry. Some are broke yet again. (grrrrr BIS :mad:) I swear BIS just follows me around and tries to brake my toys! And some, I forgot to use the newer working code. Some old bad code was left in, while the new working stuff was still sitting in my testing folder on my desktop.

Also, good news, I fixed the Config errors, for HALO, Diver, and Sniper that was causing annoying pop-ups and changed the text in the Editor.

I'll have an update this weekend. ;)

Thanks cause I thought I'd finally gone nuts :p

Thanks cause I thought I'd finally gone nuts :p

We all know your nuts. Who you kidding. :p

really confused how are there any showcases/preset missions if so how do i open them ?

Editor ONLY. Just for testing quick. Please read all original post and included documentation.

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:30 ----------

^ thanks Goblin - do you want us to submit bugs (ie: RPT errors for missions) or wait until new version?

No need to post. I'm aware of all obvious errors. Just post anything you think is likely rare or game-breaking. Thanks though.

What plans / timelines do you have for supporting other maps (SMD Sahrani, Icebreakrs Map(s) etc.)

What plans / timelines do you have for supporting other maps (SMD Sahrani, Icebreakrs Map(s) etc.)

Very very soon. The HALO part works with most if yout want to jump where ever the random spawn is. It technically will work with all if you re-route it. The altimeter will not display air temperature correctly on unsupported maps. No biggie.

The Diver/Sub module will work on all maps that have deep enough water.

The SOCOM mission generator will be update very soon to theoretically support all maps when I'm done. Right now, it'll work fine for most. But some missions will not. For example if you get the Sink the Trawler mission, on Chernarus, it might spawn the ship in an old pond.

I'll try to update the system to work on all maps this weekend sometime. Maybe do two releases. One to fix some broken stuff now. And one later this weekend to support all maps.

This might have been asked already, but are there plans to add multiplayer support, i.e multiple people in one plane jumping at the same time?

Works very good for MP. At least over LAN. Not really full server ready though. Don't know much about server stuff. I only play over my local LAN with friends, and it works very well. Not perfect. A few MP issues. You just have to play where the host PC must do all the main 'clicking'.

For example, the host PC must re-route the aircraft and be present in the aircraft for all the lights and audio to work right. In other words, the main host PC should be the squad leader, of sorts.

All required 'clicking' does work fine in MP. Another example, for the Diver/Sub module, the host PC should be the one to request the transport and flooding the LOC, but all players can click to enter/exit the submarine just fine.

So if playing MP, the host PC should always control everything, and let the client PC (other players), click only what is absolutely required. I hope that helps. Does that make sense?

Works very good for MP. At least over LAN. Not really full server ready though. Don't know much about server stuff. I only play over my local LAN with friends, and it works very well. Not perfect. A few MP issues. You just have to play where the host PC must do all the main 'clicking'.

For example, the host PC must re-route the aircraft and be present in the aircraft for all the lights and audio to work right. In other words, the main host PC should be the squad leader, of sorts.

All required 'clicking' does work fine in MP. Another example, for the Diver/Sub module, the host PC should be the one to request the transport and flooding the LOC, but all players can click to enter/exit the submarine just fine.

So if playing MP, the host PC should always control everything, and let the client PC (other players), click only what is absolutely required. I hope that helps. Does that make sense?

Ah, okay. I think I understand. I'll try that and get back to you.

UPDATE

v0.0.2 alpha

Changelog in OP.

Notice: The "Sink the Trawler" mission does NOT fully work yet.

Not sure why. You'll get the option to place C4 on the hull, but they will not

detonate for some reason. This was a small quick update. More coming...

Edited by Goblin
update notice

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Ah, sorry about that, I was confused. I was under the impression the mission files were actually just showcases of the content. I do agree with your idea there, it would be nice if you cold throw together some editor compatible missions together so we can deconstruct them and work out how the system operates.

No problem

Edited by Goblin
mistake - fixed

Great set of mods. Is it possible to put an Arsenal & Vas box in The submarine prep chamber? It would also be very nice to be able To use the laptops on the table in the sub To set a new position for the sub and also To teleport Back To the main laptop desk. Thx

• Like 1

Does the Sniper system have any conflicts with AGM? With all the features that the Sniper system adds, all I can forsee is nothing but mod conflicts with AGM ballistics, AGM wind, and AGM scopes.

Hi Goblin :)

i'm glad you like Sniper 101 series, please subscribe to it and spread the knowledge to others ;)

anyway, does your mod fully support Advanced Ballistics? Your mod seems to really emphasize on sniper's camouflage and stalking skill, which is really good! Your mod shows people how snipers really work. As you guys already know, Precision Shooting is the number one priority in sniper's world. Advanced Ballistics is truly capable of delivering all the fundamentals of long range precision shooting :) IMHO, Advanced Ballistics would be a badass complement to your mod to turn it into a real sniping simulator :) Have you ever considered implementing Advanced Ballistics into your mod? it'd be so freaking cool ;)

Does the Sniper system have any conflicts with AGM? With all the features that the Sniper system adds, all I can forsee is nothing but mod conflicts with AGM ballistics, AGM wind, and AGM scopes.

AGM is conflicting with everything lol XD AGM also conflicts with Advanced Ballistics :(

Great set of mods. Is it possible to put an Arsenal & Vas box in The submarine prep chamber? It would also be very nice to be able To use the laptops on the table in the sub To set a new position for the sub and also To teleport Back To the main laptop desk. Thx

Arsenal & VAS, I will look into it. And the Laptop in the Sub already has those features. Its hard to get addActions to pop-up on objects sometimes. Try to get close to the Laptop and make sure its near the center of your screen. Use your mouse-wheel back and forth as you do it. Sometimes that helps as its in your menu, but pushed down because something else is being displayed.

Not sure. Haven't tried AGM yet. Very possible with the noWeaponSway feature. As for my Simple Ballistics, you can just turn it OFF if you prefer AGM.

Hi Goblin :)

i'm glad you like Sniper 101 series, please subscribe to it and spread the knowledge to others ;)

anyway, does your mod fully support Advanced Ballistics? Your mod seems to really emphasize on sniper's camouflage and stalking skill, which is really good! Your mod shows people how snipers really work. As you guys already know, Precision Shooting is the number one priority in sniper's world. Advanced Ballistics is truly capable of delivering all the fundamentals of long range precision shooting :) IMHO, Advanced Ballistics would be a badass complement to your mod to turn it into a real sniping simulator :) Have you ever considered implementing Advanced Ballistics into your mod? it'd be so freaking cool ;)

AGM is conflicting with everything lol XD AGM also conflicts with Advanced Ballistics :(

Thanks. You can turn OFF the Simple Ballistics if using Ruthberg's amazing Advanced Ballistics. I think they would go great together if looking for intense realism, and long-range ballistics simulation. As far as implementing AB, no. I would need his permission and I have no desire to merge the two projects. I like keeping things segregated and keeping the focus on the other areas of Scout/Sniper. He has the "sniper" part covered. I want to explore the "scout" part.