Z E R O  D A R K  Z E R O
by  Richard Von Quest

VERSION:  v0.6.5 Beta
UPDATED:  17 APR 2021

DONATE:   Support Project

z4wIelo.jpg

// INTRODUCTION :

This is a mega-pack of various projects for Black-Ops, Spec-Ops, You-Were-Never-Here Ops... A Full Package of everything you need for a Map Population System, Mission Generator, Infil and Exfil Options, and everything between. ArmA Dark-Ops Systems, Units, Modules, Scripts, Equipment, etc. SpookWarCom has been changed to Zero Dark Zero, which is the larger umbrella name for this collection. Zero Dark Zero, has now been broken down into numerous sub-projects on Steam. Subscribe there to get the most current releases. Zero Dark Zero is the mega-project of currently 11 addons/mods, SpookWarCom is the GameMode we play on the weekends.

// GAMEMODE :

SpookWarCom (Spooks + SPECWARCOM). Its also a GameMode! You start each game in an Ops Center, where you must decipher the SITREP, and decide HOW to conduct your Mission, working towards the larger goal of winning the Map. SpookWarCom was designed to be an complex game-mode, that stages NATO vs CSAT in a global chess game of geopolitical combat. Players must navigate through a labyrinth of dynamic scenarios and missions that have direct cause-and-effect consequences from the Battlefield all the way up to the Global Theatre. As an Operative, you have been activated by JSOC to conduct Special Reconnaissance, Direct Action, Intelligence, and Unconventional Warfare.

You will analyze all Intelligence available, review the assigned Mission, then manage both your Infil and Exfil. After each game, you will adjust the "Game Board" and Modules, to reflect the previous game until you win or lose that Map. The games are random and dynamic. The Battle for a single map can last up to 6 months. 1-6 Maps per Front. Whoever wins the Front, frees or captures that Country.

// THE PROJECT :
This is both a GameMode, and a large collection of project Addons. Obviously most people will just play as they want, but if you want to follow along and play in an Open-World Black-Ops Sandbox, you can follow this thread and/or subscribe to the Steam Workshop. Use as many, or as few addons as you wish. I offer both stand-alone Downloads, and the full collection if you Subscribe on Steam.

// ADDONS / MODULES :
FROGSLEAPSCARFUSESCOUTCORESOCOM

Check each page for more information and specific details.

"Tip of The Spear, You Were Never Here"

// FEATURES :

TBA

qXzCWbM.jpg

// DOCUMENTATION :

(See Example Below)

// NOTES :

Walkthrough & Example Setup Mission: Altis, Greece

Quick & Dirty Notes --- Read Briefings

// KEYBINDING :

SHIFT + D

// REQUIRED :
1. CBA A3 - Community Based Addons A3

2. Eden Objects - TOC2 - Advanced Ops Center (optional)

3. RHS and CUP - Units, Gear, Maps, etc. (recommended)

// DONATE :
x7loD5s.png

D7Bj1Mj.png
Von Quest Industries

// LICENSE :

Bx6eSxo.png

Spoiler

ARMA PUBLIC LICENSE NO DERIVATIVES (APL-ND)

DO NOT CHANGE and UPLOAD ANYWHERE. You are free to modify for personal use ONLY. Please DO NOT UPLOAD ON ANY SERVERS, STEAM, etc. Please DO NOT contact me asking for permission to change, tweak, modify, alter, etc and use on Steam, or for your milsim group, friends, etc.

If you want to use any of my projects, then users MUST DOWNLOAD or SUBSCRIBE to this Project. If you like this project, then just download it as-is, fully intact, and use as a normal mod. Any and all requests will be ignored.

I'm offering two possible exceptions. 1.Mention the password: The Chicken is in the Foxhouse. And cite a good strong case as to what you want, and be specific with your request. This proves to me you at least care enough to have READ this page. If you like this mod, please Click Subscribe. 2.The second way is to BRIBE ME. Click on any Donate/Support link and then PM me with the request(s). No guarantees! This is to only show support, and get my attention. The more donations, the faster I can update, and honor requests.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Trying the demo Socom mission, all geared up and ready to drop but can't for the life of me get the officer in the hangar to open any dialogue about my HALO....

Also, don't know if you care but if run with the suppression mod -SAMO, alot of the computer dialogues etc won't show up

Not sure if Im doing something wrong, but when i enter SATCOM, I cant leave it.

Did it turn into a white window? Mine did but then evenyually focused on the target image -not sure if thats intentional or not :D

Did you get dialogue for HALO?

General question, Why the need to change in game font to Black?? The Menu is Black already causing me to have to highlight servers in the browser to read what they are.

Hi Goblin, sounds cool... I been trying to make "Deep behind enemy lines" scenarios since forever, I look forward to trying it, cheers!

It sucks seeing cool stuff like this just before work lol!

Sorry guys. Still very WIP. I'll try to answer a few quick. This is all my other test projects all into one module system. If you're familiar with the others, its mostly the same.

For HALO, go see the guys by the aircraft. The SATCOM is only listing the NV version option. The DAY version quit for some reason, even though its the exact same code. Probably missed a silly comma or something. The NV version will take a minute or two to cycle through before returning to in-game.

And the stupid black text, is from the sniper mod. Have no idea why though. Can't figure out why it would even change the text. Super annoying, I know. So sorry. Working on it...

Also, since I'm here. The mission generator is very basic right now. It just gives you somewhere to go that's random. I have a ton more missions coming. There is NO "mission accomplished" or anything dramatic. Thinking of adding an option to file an After Action Report. For now, only you can decide if the op was successful or not. Its just a simple get in, do the op, and get back out alive.

And lastly, you'll need some population system to go with this. I prefer ALiVE. To populate the map with units and atmosphere. This with ALiVE, and TPW, is amazing. Its far from perfect but I hope you all can appreciate it and kinda see where I'm going with all this a bit better.

Thanks guys!

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

There is NO "mission accomplished" or anything dramatic.
+100000000
Hi Goblin, sounds cool... I been trying to make "Deep behind enemy lines" scenarios since forever, I look forward to trying it, cheers!

It sucks seeing cool stuff like this just before work lol!

IKR!

I'm gonna try this tonight. Thanks for this christmas gift :yay:

What am I doing wrong? Loaded the sample mission VQI-SpookySOCOM-v0-1.Stratis. From the laptop, I got a mission to Assault a village. We were supposedly two in my team, but we were not on the same team, I could not issue orders to him. I geared up and then went alone to the village, which turned out to be empty?

Could someone please give some hints on how to go about this ?

Thanks,

OP

Most of the mod seems to work great so far...However I also have the weird font issues. Most of the fonts (menu & ingame hud) have been changed to heavy bold. Some are so large they don't fit on the menu box. Menu fields with enterable values are now black font on black background.

Only other thing I see is the sound.scope cfg error that I mentioned on the last iteration of VQI Halo. I'm pretty sure it showed up when you introduced the vampyre.

Other than that great work mano!

B

For HALO, go see the guys by the aircraft.

Ummmm, what guys? There one Helo pilot who starts off next to the two aircraft but wanders odd immediately and had nothing to say when I caught him. Also, the maritime operation sounds neat but there was no underwater weaponry in the crate at all.

Hey Goblin,

Not trying to be a spam nazi... I was trying to track down a problem for another addon and had a moment to run VQI through my process.

Looks like "config.bin/CfgVehicles/Sound.scope" spam error and a similar "scopeanimations" happens when using any of the sniper, diver, halo or eod pbos.

I isolated VQI by itself with the only other addons being CBA on A3 stable branch...still getting the spam. Remove those 4 pbo's = no spam.

Font issue is isolated to sniper pbo only.

BTW playing now...Some of these functions should almost be stock to the game...Damn good for dynamic immersion. Between this AGM & TPW it almost turns the editor into an instant mission generator.

B

Edited by BadLucky1776

Been locked... in the flooded lockout chamber for 25m trying to figure out how to get out. The door at the top cannot be interacted with.

Edit: finally found the point. Yeah. That needs to be easier. Lol.

... and the sub is surfaced. And I see the lockout chamber room above water as well. Lol.

Sadly the missions won't work for me. I haven't tried anything in the editor yet, but I will try. I dropped the missions into the mission folder, I have the mod and CBA enabled and the missions simply won't work. I click play on the missions and absolutely nothing happens other than the background moves as if time had passed. If you have any idea what would be causing this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I've had no issues so far with making my own mission and setting the modules up that way. The HALO jump is particularly well-made. Gonna be using this a lot!

What am I doing wrong? Loaded the sample mission VQI-SpookySOCOM-v0-1.Stratis. From the laptop, I got a mission to Assault a village. We were supposedly two in my team, but we were not on the same team, I could not issue orders to him. I geared up and then went alone to the village, which turned out to be empty?

Could someone please give some hints on how to go about this ?

Thanks,

OP

The sample missions are NOT actual Missions. They are just TEST/Examples. There is just you. No squad. You can make your own though how ever you want. The HALO and SUB mods do not support AI yet. And as for the Village, I'll have to test again. May have broke. Haven't checked that one in a long time. How long did you look around? The enemy squad in the Village is random and will patrol random. Its possible they wondered off on a route when you got there. They should wonder back after a while. Either you lucked out, and got an easy mission. Or they lucked out, and missed your fury. :p

Ummmm, what guys? There one Helo pilot who starts off next to the two aircraft but wanders odd immediately and had nothing to say when I caught him. Also, the maritime operation sounds neat but there was no underwater weaponry in the crate at all.

It takes a tad to load up. The Jumpmaster & Crewmaster take a good 30-45 seconds or so to show up. And the underwater weapons; there are two crates in the Sub. One by the wall should have SDARs in it. I can check when I get home.

Sadly the missions won't work for me. I haven't tried anything in the editor yet, but I will try. I dropped the missions into the mission folder, I have the mod and CBA enabled and the missions simply won't work. I click play on the missions and absolutely nothing happens other than the background moves as if time had passed. If you have any idea what would be causing this, it would be greatly appreciated.

See above and the READMEs. These have NO actual Missions per-se. Just Editor-Only Testing. You'll have to build your own Map with these and ALiVE (or whatever you use).

Maybe Ill just set up a Full Map with everything in place so it'll be a truly Load & Go Game? We'll see...

@Everyone

Thanks for all the feedback! Keep them coming!! I think I should buckle down now, and focus on some serious bug smashing. So sorry about the Sniper mod glitch/text thingy. I should move that to the top.

I have huge plans for this project, which is still under wraps. I only have about 20% released of the planned full project. Not sure where I'm going next. This still needs a lot of work, but I'm itching to start my Submarine Project and some Terrains that will support Sub Bases. Wink wink nudge nudge. :cool:

Too many great ideas, and too little time. Ugh.

Edited by Goblin
spelling/grammar

I would like to ask about something: "Reduced Visual Sig"? Does this mean it is possible to use scripts to make a unit "less visible" to AI? Im asking as there is a script that uses PiP feature to create an active camo effect. Now if you are able to reduce visual signature it would be possible to make that active camo actually worth something without being overpowered.

Active camo code (http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/23saz5/someone_asked_for_better_camo_in_arma_3_how_about/)

pipCam = "camera" camCreate getPos player;
pipCam camSetTarget player; 
pipCam camSetFov 0.25;
pipCam cameraEffect ["INTERNAL", "BACK", "rendertarget0"];
pipCam attachTo [player, [0,0,15]];
pipCam camCommit 0;
player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "#(argb,512,512,1)r2t(rendertarget0,1.0)"];

Edited by Taro8

I keep getting a "bin\config.bin\CfgVehicles\Sounds.scope" error when I start the game, open the editor etc. disappears if I disable the mod.