I love the idea of more gear but I would keep the NVG slot free, I am pretty sure SOF use specialized helmets/night vision that are bolted on to sustain freefall, dont quote me on this but I remember hearing this somewhere.

@stburr91 - #191

Thank you.

L1 Device. I'll take a look. Haven't messed with all that stuff since last year. That entire area is just to demonstrate that the IMS BombBuddy will detect all explosives as an alternative to the in-game Mine Detector. Will take a peak though.

Submarine Pick-Up. Sorry. That was actually NOT supposed to be in the last release. Was still working on it. Its fixed and ready, and will be in the next update hopefully this weekend. v0.0.8

CARGO - Yes, is still planned. Just low priority. Can try to include it in the next release. Should be an easy enough upgrade. What were you thinking? Crate, CRRC, and maybe SDV? The way we play is, Black-Ops/Spec-Ops, so we often have to track a ways (via GPS on Altimeter) to the planned DZ. So having cargo dropped via HALO, was just too impractical for our stealthy missions. Everything we need, we can just carry it in with us. Will add it to the list for either this, or next update. Soon anyway. v0.0.8-v0.1

Parajumps - Bug. Was an oversight on my part. Forgot to adjust some code for the C-130 Parajumps. Switched to fullerpj's USAF Mod support, and forgot to update parajump option. Fix will be in next release. Sorry.

Thanks for the feedback guys!!! Keep it coming. ;)

Goblin,

As for the cargo, I was thinking an option for either CRRC, SDV or Quad Bike. I could see a lot of people wanting an option for a create now that you mention it.

Sorry. I have no way of recording vids, nor a YouTube account yet.

Goblin care to upload a video of the C-17 jumps?

I know Goblin doesn't have ability to at the moment, but I definitely can tonight. I will do a video of C17 and C130. It works great and is really cool when two separate mods shake hands in this way. Love it.

Hi Goblin,

Have been having a lot of fun with your SpookWarCom modules instead of the HALO or Diver only mods after you explained to me how.

Just for your information the existing ARMA 2 submarine pack http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8360 partially work as they are in ARMA 3 in that you can drive them, dive, surface etc if that helps you any with your future submarine plans.

Have tried to get your submarine to work on the as yet unsupported Australia map http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28882 but the water at 30m deep appears too shallow and getting some strange missing textures so far. However the HALO module works great.

I don't know if you have any existing plans for red (standby)/green (go) jump lights on your HALO aircraft? I only mention them because whilst the AI audio jump commands work flawlessly in SP, sometimes the audio doesn't play in MP. In game with others we use the TFAR radios to tell our operators when to jump from the aircraft if no audio commands heard.

Like a lot the extended time for the altimeter, up to 120 seconds now.

Would be cool to be able to HALO into the water with a CRRC boat also parachuted in somehow, got that idea from here http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a6849/secrets-of-the-navy-seals/

Great work, much appreciated and most of all FUN, Thank you

I'm clearly still doing something wrong with the SpookWarCom Diver module. Just called for HMS Proteus on the Altis map and set a location using the desk in very deep water well over -20m deep (-60 feet)

However when I board HMS Proteus the sub is always on the surface and not at the expected -20m or more depth.

Any ideas where I am going wrong please?

Edited by CommandoUKSF

Cool, thanks!

Um, for the best experience in MP, make sure the server player goes first, and does all the 'clicking'.

Re-Routing is still unstable in MP. The next update (v0.0.8 tonight or tomorrow) is better in MP. Testing last

night, re-routing in MP worked every time when the server player submitted the request.

The JumpLights are already there. You cant see them in the daytime though. Did they stop working? What

aircraft you try? we use the MC-130 99% of the time right now, so that's where my focus was. Will look again.

The Cargo options are about 80% done. Will try (doubtful though) to get at least some of it done for v0.0.8

Will likely be adding it to ParaJump option ONLY. HALO Jumps are way too high and designed for stealth insertions.

Keep in mind, HALO is not just a ParaJump, its a specific type of jump. ;)

Would also like to add support for the Osprey as well soon. v0.0.9 I think.

Oh, and the Submarine, the pick-up option is ONLY for that, just the pick up. To get inside. He needs -20m

to navigate (simulated) safely. You also need a minimum of 5km of safe distance with no detectable enemy

near by. AFTER you are in the Submarine, go to the laptop for more options. Thats where you will then request

SDV loadouts, request submerged submarine operations (deploy divers, SDVs, CRRCs, etc)

The pickup submarine, is surface only. AFTER you re-route him into enemy waters, you can request deep or

shallow submerged operations. You should just be placing him way off to the corner somewhere nearby for

boarding ONLY. Near your FOB, Base, etc. THEN after you are INSIDE, thats when you send him to the enemy

coastline somewhere deeper.

Edited by Goblin
clarify

Brilliant help again, thanks.

In that case the submarine pickup is working marvelously. Will try the other options next.

The Australia map works with the sub too after driving it properly.

The jump lights I couldn't see at night were in the Vampyre XHR-1.

Have a great weekend

Edited by CommandoUKSF

Brilliant help again, thanks.

In that case the submarine pickup is working marvelously. Will try the other options next.

The jump lights I couldn't see at night were in the Vampyre XHR-1.

Have a great weekend

Thanks, you too!

Not sure if you use ALiVE yet? We setup our FOB in Molos. Upper right of Altis. And use the hanger as the full operations center.

Once we get our SOCOM Mission, and the objective is within 2km of coastline, we plan and gear-up for the Op. Then request a

Submarine Surface Pipk-Up in the far upper right of the map where is far from enemy, and near FOB: Molos.

Then we board a waiting transport Heli parked at Molos and request a (via ALiVE) the Transport/Insertion out to the waiting Sub.

The Heli will fly you out and hover just over the water near the surface Sub so you can jump off and into the water. Send

the Heli RTB (Return to Base), and swim to the surfaced Sub. Get near the Tower and find the option "Board Submarine".

Then once inside you can then route the Sub anywhere as long as its below -30m, with or without enemy nearby. Wherever you

pre-planned your insertion. After you go through the Lock-Out, the controls for locking/unlocking SDVs, inflate CRRCs, lighting, etc.

are in front the SDVs in-between the two. If you request a "standard" loadout option for the SDVs, there will be one SDAR packed

in case you run into any enemy divers. You can access the cargo-hold from INSIDE the SDV only.

Okay, got to run... Wife getting impatient with my "games". LOL

Later guys!!!! :thumb:

Not sure if you use ALiVE yet?

Not yet. At present we create a mission in editor and either use triggers to activate AI enemy placed in and/or Zeus.

We have been considering Alive. Am I right in thinking that Alive will spawn in enemy AI all over the map?

Just been trying out some of your SpookWarCom SOCOM missions and trying to understand if SpookWarCOm on its own automatically inserts enemy AI?

Oh yes, I see them now! LOL

Are they always CSAT or can you specify different enemies?

Have now written a training course for my unit for both the HALO and HMS Proteus aspects of your Mod and used your very helpful guidance too.

Edited by CommandoUKSF
Clarification

Goblin,

My Mission making team are loving the modules, one quick question please.

We have figured out how to put the HALO aircraft and Diver desks at different heights on the Nimitz using empty objects and renaming them correctly, but cannot find the name for the SOCOM desk in the Docs guess it is something like VQI_SOCOM_DESK?????? Please advise thanks again :)

Use VQI_SOCOM_1

Let me help:

1. Place Desk at the height you want for Nimitz.

2. Name the Desk socomDESK

3. Place Laptop, name it: VQI_SOCOM_1

INIT FIELD: this attachTo [deskSOCOM,[-0.3,0,0.58]];

4.Place Laptop, name it: VQI_DIVER_HMSPROTEUS

INIT FIELD: this attachTo [deskSOCOM,[0.3,0,0.58]];

And NO! My stuff does NOT place enemies on Map,

only CSAT for some missions, very few though.

Edited by Goblin

We have been considering Alive. Am I right in thinking that Alive will spawn in enemy AI all over the map?

It's all up to you. ALiVE uses a system that allows you to specify where AI can spawn based on markers (Rectangles, Ellipses). You can also use blacklists in order to prevent AI from spawning in certain areas. You can also manually place an objective for AI to to spawn at and attack/defend.

Yes, ALiVE is freaking awesome! We can't play without it. Small learning curve, and long loading times on Altis, but it will be totally worth it. ALiVE will take all the work out of building a Map, and its all randomized. It has tons of options for every game-style and preference.

Once you go ALiVE, you won't go back! Not only does it populate the Map for you, there are all kinds of other options. Like controlling CAS and Transports. It really gives you the behind-enemy-lines feel, since you do NOT know when or where you may run into a squad. It takes ArmA gaming into a whole other level.

I ran out of time this week, but I'll try and include a Map with SpookWarCom and ALiVE modules with my update next week.

Sorry to ask this, as it is not your job to know but does this work with ACE?

Thanks guys for the Alive feedback and the desk for the Nimitz, we discovered the Alive Wiki last night with guidance and today tried out some basic features.

WOW! The helicopter transport feature alone is amazing, how we managed without this I'll never know :butbut:

CAS/Artillery.......

I can see now how combined with the SpookWarCom modules that this is a fantastic combination

We are using ACE and all seems well there too.

Tried the C17 with HALO at night and no green/red jump lights seen by us.

Edited by CommandoUKSF
added comment & clarification

Thanks guys for the Alive feedback and the desk for the Nimitz, we discovered the Alive Wiki last night with guidance and today tried out some basic features.

WOW! The helicopter transport feature alone is amazing, how we managed without this I'll never know :butbut:

CAS/Artillery.......

I can see now how combined with the SpookWarCom modules that this is a fantastic combination

We are using ACE and all seems well there too.

Tried the C17 with HALO at night and no green/red jump lights seen by us.

Anyone who gives ALiVE a real chance never goes back. It's the single biggest game changing mod out there, especially for mission builders.

It also saves a ton of FPS with the virtualizing of 100s of units in and out of actual space.

All of my missions on Steam use ALiVE. Glad to see Spoon mod works with it.

I was playing around with the Spook sample editor and I'm attempting to get the Submarine to move somewhere.

1. I request the Sub.

2. I fly out to the Sub.

3. I swim next to it and board the Sub.

From that point it shows the map then it shows me below a sub interior that appears to be floating in the air about 20 feet above my head. How do you get into the Submarine? How do you tell the Sub where to go? How do you get in the SDV afterward and leave the Sub?

Looks like a pretty cool concept otherwise.

I was playing around with the Spook sample editor and I'm attempting to get the Submarine to move somewhere.

1. I request the Sub.

2. I fly out to the Sub.

3. I swim next to it and board the Sub.

From that point it shows the map then it shows me below a sub interior that appears to be floating in the air about 20 feet above my head. How do you get into the Submarine? How do you tell the Sub where to go? How do you get in the SDV afterward and leave the Sub?

Looks like a pretty cool concept otherwise.

I've had the same issue, it's a glitch. Goblin said it will be fixed in the next update.

Hi Goblin! First of all - very nice work :) Works amazing with skilled (trained) lads.

But one question I have. Do You plan or work for making it Dedicated server compatibile? We are playing on dedi servers 10-30 people missions and trully waiting for dedi server compatibile version :)

Hey, Goblin for some reason the HALO modules will not work with my description.ext. The aircraft spawns in but the Jumpmaster and Crewmaster do not. If I remove the description.ext then the units spawn in.

Here is my Description.ext

enableDebugConsole = 1;
respawn = 3; // ONLY SOCOMD ADMIN TO CHANGE
respawndelay = 15; // ONLY SOCOMD ADMIN TO CHANGE

disabledAI = 1;	// NO AI-CONTROLLED PLAYABLE UNITS - ONLY SOCOMD ADMIN TO CHANGE
disableChannels[]={2,4,5,6}; 	// GLOBAL, SIDE, AND GROUP CHANNELS ONLY REMAIN - ONLY SOCOMD ADMIN TO CHANGE

Author="SOCOMD HQ J4"; // ONLY SOCOMD ADMIN TO CHANGE
loadScreen = "MissionPicture.paa"; // ONLY SOCOMD ADMIN TO CHANGE

OnLoadName = "SOCOMD Stratis HQ"; // MISSION NAME HERE TO BE DISPLAYED ON LOAD SCREEN
OnLoadMission = "Dynamic Missions - Every deployment is unique."; // SHORT MISSION DESCRIPTION TO BE DISPLAYED ON LOAD SCREEN - ONLY A FEW WORDS PLEASE
overviewPicture = "MissionPicture.paa"; // PROVIDE A PICTURE OF YOUR MISSION WITH YOUR SUBMISSION FOR SOCOMD ADMIN TO ADD AND HAVE IT DISPLAYED IN THE MISSION SELECTION SCREEN 
overviewText = "SOCOMD Stratis HQ<br />Commandos: Up to 2 Platoons and 3x3-man weapon crews (Maximum of 53 Commandos = 6x8 Patrols, 3x3-man weapon crews and 2x3-man HQ's)<br /><br />5th Aviation Rotary: Up to 8 Rotary Pilots<br /><br />5th Aviation Fixed Wing: Up to 4 Fixed Wing Pilots<br />"; // RECOMMENDED & REQUIRED GAME ASSETS

class Header
{
gameType = Coop; // Game type, see accompanying 'GameTypes' document
minPlayers = 1; //min # of players the mission supports
maxPlayers = 22; //max # of players the mission supports
};

EDIT: I found that it seems to be these two lines

respawn = 3; // ONLY SOCOMD ADMIN TO CHANGE
respawndelay = 15; // ONLY SOCOMD ADMIN TO CHANGE

that are causing the crewmaster and jumpmaster not to spawn. I have no idea why. It is a huge bug though. Dont know if it is the latest Arma 3 update that caused this.

Edited by Chain

Should have an update later today. Was hoping to have it sooner, but the latest game update destroyed my free time this weekend. Having a zillion issues with FPS and game crashes.

Any last minute (reasonable) requests? Tried to finish the cargo options (even though I'm somewhat against it), but only got about 90% of it done. Also during full tests, the crate was stopping in mid-air where the cargo chute gets deployed, and sits there suspended in the air. Lol.

So, if you really want it, I may just have the cargo get kicked out, and drop all the way down without a chute, but make it so it can't get damaged for the impact.

@Golas

Dedi support is not really planned. I'm very weak in that area. I can barely get it to half-work in normal MP.

@Chain

The description.ext file should have no effect. How odd. Tested that earlier today when I saw your post, and it worked fine for me. What aircraft and are you waiting long enough?

can the EOD system be used on underwater applications such as fishing boats (trawler)?