I highly recommend DL the USAF pack by fullerpj and jump from his MC-130J Commando II.

That "Vampyre" was a super quick model so I would have something to submit for the

MANW contest. Its very crude and amaturish. The MC-130J is great. Up to you. Big DL though.

Huzzah there is release! Thanks man, looking forward to playing with it tonight. Also the only problem with the USAF pack is it's size, I would love to use his C17 but it's just too big. Any idea if it would be possible to get just the C17 included in SpookWarCom?

Edited by Khaosmatical

Updated mod v0.0.7 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Goblin , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Now we just need the PW6 guys to update it and bam, it will be time to go dark.

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Holy fucking shit no way, we both post at the same time, fucking spooky spookwarcom!

Has the HALO problems with JIP games? Was it fixed? Thanks You

Huzzah there is release! Thanks man, looking forward to playing with it tonight. Also the only problem with the USAF pack is it's size, I would love to use his C17 but it's just too big. Any idea if it would be possible to get just the C17 included in SpookWarCom?

Thank you. Yup, his USAF is almost 1.5gig. I know, but he has some good stuff. I can't put his stuff in mine, but I do have a C-130 that I'm hoping to have included in the next update.

Has the HALO problems with JIP games? Was it fixed? Thanks You

No clue. It should work a tad better in MP. Switched some local variables to global.

This is a keeper!!!!!

One question:

HALO Jumps

How can I keep my gear?

What is strange is the rest of team lands and has all of their gear, but my player is stuck with his jump suit.

Am I missing a step?

Thanks brother! ;)

Jump with the biggest Backpack (the Carryall Backpack).

Pack your uniform, and anything else, into your Backpack.

You can carry ANYTHING that will fit. Weapons, Vest, etc.

You can jump with about 100lbs of gear or so. Takes a bit

of practice to juggle things around, and get your routine

down. Gear up in the HALO Gear first, strap on your Backpack

and then pack your Combat Uniform, Vest, Headgear next.

Pack the biggest stuff first. Plan ahead. Just carry your

weapons as normal. They will just be strapped to you when

you pass inspection. Makes sense so far?...

When you land, run to the nearest concealment/cover in case

you were spotted and enemy is heading your way. Dump your

Helmet, O2 Tank, Jumpsuit, and Backpack on the ground...

Go into your Backpack and gear-up in your Combat Uniform,

Ballistics Vest, Headgear, etc. Then empty out your Jumpsuit,

and O2 Vest with whatever you put in them. You can leave

that stuff hidden somewhere. Leave it behind. (up to you, I

guess, or take it all with you) And bug out soon in case enemy

is searching for you, by the slim chance you were spotted or

pulled too high.

Enjoy!

Edited by Goblin
expanded detail

Great add-on. Reccomend using with enhanced movement mod for extrastealthiness and wall climbing. Seriously this is like it's own game.

Hats off

Thank you! Always means a lot coming from a vetern with 6000 posts. Wow.

You mean the one by Bad Benson? Forgot about that. Just took a look. Yup!

Definitely going to give her a try. Looks great!

Also need to try that MOCAP hand-to-combat mod also. Would be a great fit as well.

Try that yet? Going to DL them both this weekend. Anyway, thanks again. Always good

to hear from the frog! :p

LOL alls that proves is that Im an old bum who spends way to much time on video games -but thanks.

Yep, theres a few different 'climbey/jumpey' mods but that one is the best imo. Allows the most choices of places to climb and even thru windows which is playing out awesome in the campaign right now. Nothing quite like scaling a wall only to come under fire right at the tipping point, tumble and roll.

Thank you Goblin!

I figured that may be the issue. I have a lot of templates for my units so that is not unusual. What I like about the Virtual Arsenal is that I can a lot of experimenting in there and it actually saves the stuff I pack in the backpack.

Would be nice if we could put jump overalls over our uniforms, and also put uniforms over our wetsuits like in the real world.

Keep up the great work!

First let me say Goblin this is greatest mode ever created.. :yay: Question, is there a way to place on deck of ship? Trying to start a mission from the Nimitzs but everything im guessing is dropping into ocean.. There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust elevation when placing in editor. Thanks in advance...

That is an interesting observation about the USS Nimitz as we have been using the old standalone VQI Demon dropper to place the XHR-1 drone inside the Nimitz on a lower deck with great success for our Campaign missions.

Was just about to recommend to my unit we switch over to the modules used in SpookWarCom instead and hadn't even thought about the Nimitz elevation adjustment until you mentioned it just now.

Like you said though this Mod is brilliant.

Some mad ideas from me for possible future inclusion

I would like to see on my wish list of Mods for ARMA 3 the following for Special Forces multi player missions.

A jungle penetrater for Special Forces or CSAR extractions http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~tpilsch/AirOps/sar-penetrator.html

JPADS - GPS guided parachute drops of supplies http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...-reality-0678/

*** Fulton or Skyhook Balloon surface to air extraction system for retrieving persons from the ground

Special Patrol insertion/Extraction (SPIE) system for a SF team where a helicopter cannot land https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Patrol_Insertion/Extraction

*** Torpedo SEAL POD - two man torpedo launched from submarine and GPS guided automatically to destination or driven http://jfdefence.com/sealpod/torpedo/

Gryphon Wing suit for Special forces HAHO insertions http://www.gizmag.com/wingsuits-gryphon/13512/

The items marked *** would appear most suitable for consideration for my friend Goblin of SpookWarCom to simulate potentially as they both involve moving personnel from and to different points on the map automatically/instantaneously as the current HALO and VQI diver mods do.

Edited by CommandoUKSF

How do you make AI team members use the HALO/Para jump module sir?

This is a great add on but lacks a decent tutorial to get the full benefits.

I've just transitioned from ARMA2 to ARMA3 and this is one of the first mods I've downloaded, and it's very impressive indeed, well done.

Goblin,

Great mod, I've been having a lot of fun playing around with it.

I have a couple of issues. First, I can not interact with the L1 device in your sample editor mission. I eventually just went into the editor, and placed a new L1 device, and I was able to interact with it. I don't know why I can't get the option to interact with the one you placed.

Also, I've had some trouble boarding the sub when I call for a pickup. I select the option to board, but I don't always get into the sub. Is the sub supposed to be at the surface for the pickup?

I also have a couple of suggestions. It would be great to have the option to air drop boats, or other vehicles when you HALO jump. I know you said at one point that you were going to put something like that into the mod, is that still something you plan to do?

It would also be nice to be in the plane when you jump if choose the para jump option, rather than just spawning in freefall.

I really like how your mod gives you more options for infill, including using the water. We need more ways to make use of the water in this game. Heck, someone needs to port over the RIB boat into Arma 3, so we have another proper Navel Special Operation boat.

Anyway, thanks for all your work to give us such a great mod.

How do you make AI team members use the HALO/Para jump module sir?

This is a great add on but lacks a decent tutorial to get the full benefits.

I've just transitioned from ARMA2 to ARMA3 and this is one of the first mods I've downloaded, and it's very impressive indeed, well done.

Yes, a good tutorial video would go a long way, however, if you keep playing around with it, you'll start to figure it out.

Also, when you do the HALO jump, your AI won't be in the plane with you, but they will appear in freefall once you jump. They don't seem to follow you if you begin to steer away, they just seem to freefall straight down. I'll have to do more testing to confirm this.

Edited by stburr91

Maybe I missed it somewhere.. Is there a way for globemaster 130 to be in flight? Or does this always start on ground?

USS Nimitz as we have been using the old standalone VQI Demon dropper to place the XHR-1 drone inside the Nimitz on a lower deck with great success for our Campaign missions.

Was just about to recommend to my unit we switch over to the modules used in SpookWarCom instead and hadn't even thought about the Nimitz elevation adjustment until you mentioned it just now.

Hey Commando, howd you set up the XHR-1 on the lower deck? Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Edited by Crabfries

Hey Commando, howd you set up the XHR-1 on the lower deck? Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Hi there,

We use the standard ARMA 3 editor and set the elevation adjustment when placing down the XHR-1 object for the height of that lower deck. So when you look at the Nimitz from directly above changing the elevation height means you can move any object from say the top deck to a lower position within the vessel.

Then using the old standalone version you have to give the XHR-1 the correct VQI_HALO_XHR1 name for the script to work.

Hope that helps you do it.

Edited by CommandoUKSF

Goblin,

Great mod, I've been having a lot of fun playing around with it.

I have a couple of issues. First, I can not interact with the L1 device in your sample editor mission. I eventually just went into the editor, and placed a new L1 device, and I was able to interact with it. I don't know why I can't get the option to interact with the one you placed.

Also, I've had some trouble boarding the sub when I call for a pickup. I select the option to board, but I don't always get into the sub. Is the sub supposed to be at the surface for the pickup?

I also have a couple of suggestions. It would be great to have the option to air drop boats, or other vehicles when you HALO jump. I know you said at one point that you were going to put something like that into the mod, is that still something you plan to do?

It would also be nice to be in the plane when you jump if choose the para jump option, rather than just spawning in freefall.

I really like how your mod gives you more options for infill, including using the water. We need more ways to make use of the water in this game. Heck, someone needs to port over the RIB boat into Arma 3, so we have another proper Navel Special Operation boat.

Anyway, thanks for all your work to give us such a great mod.

Yes, a good tutorial video would go a long way, however, if you keep playing around with it, you'll start to figure it out.

Also, when you do the HALO jump, your AI won't be in the plane with you, but they will appear in freefall once you jump. They don't seem to follow you if you begin to steer away, they just seem to freefall straight down. I'll have to do more testing to confirm this.

Would I be right then in presuming that it's just the player himself that needs to kit up, and be checked, and that whatever happens to him, is carried over to the AI?

If you have the time, would you consider a mini tutorial for the simpletons like myself? :D

Hi there,

We use the standard ARMA 3 editor and set the elevation adjustment when placing down the XHR-1 object for the height of that lower deck. So when you look at the Nimitz from directly above changing the elevation height means you can move any object from say the top deck to a lower position within the vessel.

Then using the old standalone version you have to give the XHR-1 the correct name for the script to work.

Hope that helps you do it.

Yup it did thanks it did! Any chance you could post the VQI_HALO_XHR1 name u used in the init?

Still playing with this great mod.

Couple things:

When ever I am flying the standard vanilla ARMA III aircraft fixed/rotary/jet I get all of this stuff about building a hide site, and all of the sniper options in my choice field (I will get some screen shots tonight). And I haven't even laid down any of these modules down in those missions. And btw, these options never come up when I have been trying out the mod in the test mission or in my own built missions.

And would it be possible to add gloves and a balaclava to the HALO jumper. If you are jumping from 80,000 feet, it tends to get a bit cold up there.

Keep up the great work!!!!

@lavbo0321 - #187

You're welcome.

@Crabfries - #188

Yes,it is! But then again, I have a biased opinion. ;)

Nimitz. Kinda. I forgot all about it. Had it planned, but it fell to low priority as it would be very very rare you'd launch a transport from a carrier. Possible, but rare. So I scrapped it...

I'll add that option into the next release. Maybe I'll do a small update this weekend. For now, all you have to do is place down the C-130 (or whatever) and just name it: VQI_HALO_C130. When you manually place objects, you can set elevation in the editor. VQI_HALO_C130, VQI_HALO_C17, VQI_HALO_XHR1, etc. So just place your Nimitz, then place your C-130 aircraft (with elevation set) so it sits on the deck. Name it VQI_HALO_C130. Then place only the 'HALO - System ON' Module. That's it.

@ComanndoUKSF - #189

Thanks!

*PENETRATOR -- Suited for a Heli Mod. Would be cool. Not planned for mine.

JPADS -- Not planned, but possible. Very low priority. Maybe someday.

FULTON/SKYHOOK -- Possible. Was planned, but low priority. Unsure. I believe in real life, the military scrapped this after a death/accident didn't they? I'm on the fence on this one.

*SPIEs -- Kinda the same as a Penetrator? Again, more suited for a Heli Mod.

SEAL POD -- Love it. But, its too close to the SDV. I do have plans for more variants to the SDVs, but only rough ideas. All my ideas on variants, are fictional though. Drawing board.

WING SUIT -- Love it! Definitely Planned. No plan on release date. As cool as it is, low priority. Stay Tuned...

*Note: For Heli Extraction, we use ALiVE. We use ALiVE + SpookWarCom. Have you tried it yet? What we do on game night, is use Molos for our FOB. And the ALiVE Mod to populate the rest of the Map with the enemy. Works Great.

I'll include our Editor/Map with FOB Template, AliVE Modules, etc in the next update. Its sandbox-style. Just log in to the laptop to get your random mission. Plan and Gear-Up. Then HALO or SUB insertion behind enemy lines. Carry out the mission. Then Extract. If HALO, call your ALiVE Heli, or if SUB insertion, slither back into the water. Awesome.

@Road Runner - #190

Thanks. The AI was never planned. Put it in, as there was high demand. I never play with AI. Was just a quick update for now. Will do more later. I doubt the system will save their backpacks, gear, etc like it does with humans. Not tested.

The AI also will not be in the plane with you. Not yet anyway. Still WIP. But when you jump, they will jump with you. They are usually above you a tad. I tried to get them so they are exactly right with you, but the engine wants to separate all of you. Guessing so you don't get damaged. One fix I did so everyone is super close, it didn't look very good. Also, if you track (glide), the AI will not follow you. They just fall straight down. Will work on this more, but its very low priority since the rest of SWC needs a lot more work in other areas.

@stburr91 - #191

Thank you.

L1 Device. I'll take a look. Haven't messed with all that stuff since last year. That entire area is just to demonstrate that the IMS BombBuddy will detect all explosives as an alternative to the in-game Mine Detector. Will take a peak though.

Submarine Pick-Up. Sorry. That was actually NOT supposed to be in the last release. Was still working on it. Its fixed and ready, and will be in the next update hopefully this weekend. v0.0.8

CARGO - Yes, is still planned. Just low priority. Can try to include it in the next release. Should be an easy enough upgrade. What were you thinking? Crate, CRRC, and maybe SDV? The way we play is, Black-Ops/Spec-Ops, so we often have to track a ways (via GPS on Altimeter) to the planned DZ. So having cargo dropped via HALO, was just too impractical for our stealthy missions. Everything we need, we can just carry it in with us. Will add it to the list for either this, or next update. Soon anyway. v0.0.8-v0.1

Parajumps - Bug. Was an oversight on my part. Forgot to adjust some code for the C-130 Parajumps. Switched to fullerpj's USAF Mod support, and forgot to update parajump option. Fix will be in next release. Sorry.

@Crabfries - #192

Globemaster 130? Two different planes. You mean the C-130? Anyway, all planes start on the ground. In the future, I'll be adding the option to choose Ground-Start Options, and In-Flight Options. So maybe you start with nothing on the ground, and role-play at some point you need to jump from the C-17. This will make more sense later.

When this project moves further along, different aircraft will have different (random-ish) altitudes. HALO: C-130 will be from 20,000' - 35,000' and the C-17 will be 35,000' - 45,000' and the X-HR1 will be 50,000' - 80,000'. Something like that anyway.

@Road Runner - #195

There is Docs included. I should add more details into the Editor/Examples. I don't know how to do YouTube tutorials yet. I'll add more tuts at some point. And I definitely have plans for detailed .PDF docs when this is further along.

@lavbo0321 - #197

Thanks again. I'll take a closer look at keybinding. The Scout/Sniper Menu is [shift] + . I'm still experimenting with the keybinding stuff. Not sure yet if I want it set by just having the Mod, or if you need the actual Modules placed.

You can setup your keybinding in the Main Menu. Configure >> Controls >> Configue Addon.

Gloves and Balaclava. Yes. I'll be adding gloves to the uniform soon. As for the balaclava, not sure. I was going to contact Kiory for his. But then I was thinking that, that specific slot is going to be used for a separate O2 Mask, Hose, and Goggles. So right now I'm not sure yet. Maybe I'll use the NV Slot. But I can hear the complaints already if I remove NV. Technically you shouldn't jumping with NV anyway. So.... hmmmm. Not sure. Oh, wait, I know, I'll just add a Balaclava to be included into the Jump Helmet? I want to add as much Gear & Equipment as I can for max immersion.

@everyone

Thanks for the feedback guys!!! Keep it coming. ;)

Edited by Goblin

Goblin, outstanding response, it's nice to see someone take all questions onboard and answer, thanks, appreciated sir.

FULTON/SKYHOOK -- Possible. Was planned, but low priority. Unsure. I believe in real life, the military scrapped this after a death/accident didn't they? I'm on the fence on this one.

Judging by wiki (I know, I know, crappy source, but I'm a SOF guy at heart and all my books are about that, not a flyboy type.) it was scrapped by 1996 because by that point, long range helicopters with air refueling capability were commonplace.