this is just an idea, would it be possible as a side project to include a tripod with the sniper mod, as say like in Fallujah the wall are to high for prone and to low for resting while crouching (if that make sense)?

many thanks

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Man you're fast. A real Pro. Thanks!

Updated mod 0.0.4 available at withSIX.

Awesome!! Thank You, fine Sir!

Hi Goblin,

Here is an idea:

If I place a C 130 **flying** in circle arround the map, set its proper altitude and name it as "VQI_HALO_1". Will your HALO system work for JIP players? Dedi server?

Thanks!

No. If you want to start in the Air, you still need something on the ground. (will add air-starts later) You can teleport your players into the airborne aircraft by using VQIHALO2.

DK;2845363']this is just an idea' date=' would it be possible as a side project to include a tripod with the sniper mod, as say like in Fallujah the wall are to high for prone and to low for resting while crouching (if that make sense)?

many thanks[/quote']

No. You can use the lowest crouch though! Use your 'adjust' key. The lowest crouch is designed exactly for that. My system uses teeny-tiny micro-sway IF using your "bone-bridge" (lowest crouch).

...see page 6...

Sorry brother, will respond soon to your "novel" ;). Longer response is on my other laptop.

Sorry brother, will respond soon to your "novel" . Longer response is on my other laptop.

Np Goblin, I know your busy when you get to it. Ya novel is right, lol

Ok these sort of module based addons are always welcomed. But with your mod, I have no idea what to make of the mission you have given. I am sorry but can you put something on youtube in the form of a tutorial?

this is very confusing, however I wish to try it.

Overview:

2. Spooks -- Play as a CIA: Special Operations Group Operative

Can't find that module. some help?

Awensome work!!! Really enjoy this module!

Dear Goblin & friends,

since you guys wanna get deeper into Scout Sniper world, here i give you John Plaster's "Ultimate Sniper" book as a new year gift! :bounce3:

This book teaches methods that will help you all master the true art of scout & sniping skills :yay:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c89qfgbmb1d77zh/Ultimate%20Sniper%20book.pdf?dl=0

Happy New Year!!! :D

P.S.: don't forget to run Goblin's mod with Advanced Ballistics in order to turn yourself completely into a true Sniper like Carlos Hathcock \m/

Ok these sort of module based addons are always welcomed. But with your mod, I have no idea what to make of the mission you have given. I am sorry but can you put something on youtube in the form of a tutorial?

this is very confusing, however I wish to try it.

Not sure if I can help if you don't understand Modules. Re-Read the main post. The included mission, is NOT a "mission". Its just all modules placed on Stratis so you can see them.

Can't find that module. some help?

Awensome work!!! Really enjoy this module!

Units are under Units.:rolleyes:

BLUFOR >> Special Activities Division >> Special Operations Group >> Operative

Dear Goblin & friends,

since you guys wanna get deeper into Scout Sniper world, here i give you John Plaster's "Ultimate Sniper" book as a new year gift! :bounce3:

This book teaches methods that will help you all master the true art of scout & sniping skills :yay:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c89qfgbmb1d77zh/Ultimate%20Sniper%20book.pdf?dl=0

Happy New Year!!! :D

P.S.: don't forget to run Goblin's mod with Advanced Ballistics in order to turn yourself completely into a true Sniper like Carlos Hathcock \m/

Awesome! Thanks man. Will DL this weekend.

... see Page 6 for details...

Wow! If the PM was a book, then that is a Novel. :crazy_o:

Ok, some great ideas. Most I thought of already and considered. Other are new and gets the wheels turning. Some elements are kinda-sorta already built-in, and others would be just too hard and very time consuming to try and program for me.

Movement & Spotting

For the first section, on movement and spotting, I agree! I have most of that sketched out on paper. Just need to write the matching code that will work in the "ArmA" environment. Not an easy task.

I will likely be re-writing some of that system. I will definitely be doing it so you can't "be invisible" IF a NEAR enemy ALREADY knows about you and is scanning the area. Right now its on a random Timer (long or short depending) setup so when the Timer reaches zero, it allows you to "be invisible" automatically IF you did not Fire your weapon, or Move for x time.

So as-is, it MOSTLY works great. BUT, if you are hidden and the enemy finds you, and is working his way to you, but the "timer" reaches zero, it would make you "invisible" to the enemy as long as you hadn't moved, or fired your weapon. So possibly with the enemy right next to you even IF he "sees" you; is shooting at you; and then *poof*, you would disappear to him. You could just role-play that he "thought" he saw you but then was convinced that it really wasn't you, and your camouflage was good enough to trick him anyway. AGAIN, to emphasize, you would STILL have to NOT MOVE and NOT FIRE your weapon to allow that 'timer' to continue to count down back to zero, so it would turn back 'on' the SniperStealth System.

(Pending some tweeks, it works great as-is. Although, I get a lot of PMs asking to make them instantly "hidden" with very short timers. Which is NOT realistic. And is very hard for a "gamer" to have the patience. But I do agree, and will be making this part of it more user-friendly with Module Options so everyone can setup their own preferred style of play, weather casual, or hard-core.)

The odds of anyone noticing this is very very small, as you likely will be moving and firing back which re-starts the timer before checking conditions. Still brainstorming... Still kick'n around ideas...

Since its just a "game", there are certain limitations that you have to comprimise for.

Masking Shots

As for Masking Shots, great idea. Not sure I will put this in though. Could do a distance + engineOn check when shot is made. I like this idea. I get a lot of PMs with people and their ideas. Never heard this one yet. Props too you!

Urban

I already have plans to include some urban objects that you can carry, like Screens to place over windows, and Cardboard/Debris that you can lay under for urban concealment.

Ghillie, Silhouettes etc.

I plan I making a custom suit to go this this. Not going to say too much else right now. And the Silhouettes is a good idea, but I think it would be just way too hard, (or impossible) to check all OPFOR line-of-sight and check what is behind you.

Some other things I want to try, is spawning enemy Snipers that will actually go hide somewhere. Right now, if using a spawn/patrol code (ALiVE) they will just walk around like any normal soldier. Yuk! Gotta go make them hide somewhere, lie down and wait on a hilltop or rooftop.

I was also thinking of adding a scope *glint* to enemy Snipers as they hide as well. Might be kinda cool to get a quick flash from the hill nearby...

Out of the corner of your eye... *glint*; "Everybody take cover! Sniper!!"

*pa-ting*... *crack*.

Miss!!! "That was close!" He he. LOL Something like that. Anyway. Thanks for the time to write all that. Stay tuned. Will be widdling away at things for awhile. Slow and steady. Cool stuff coming. Getting better each month.

Over & Out!

Hi everyone. Am I the only one who has issue with the Diver module? When we play on our server online, we cant flood the chamber....The room just doesnt go down in the water. Works well in singleplayer.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a question, could you help me?

It is possible to mark the location for the jump in 2D editor?

What code could put the marker for it to work properly? I am not an expert in programming, so I need help.

Another thing, do not know if it was already mentioned, but there is a problem with the C-130 Hercules aircraft and C17 Globemaster, they are swinging on the runway, lol, and not open the door automatically, not that this is a big problem, the XHR-1: "Vampyre" works perfectly.

Using a jump with diver he is completely unmasked, only the oxygen.

Thanks for the great Mod.

Hi everyone. Am I the only one who has issue with the Diver module? When we play on our server online, we cant flood the chamber....The room just doesnt go down in the water. Works well in singleplayer.

Any help would be appreciated.

The host PC has to do all the clicking. Its not fully ready for online play. Works, but with issues. If you are the host, then YOU must click to flood chamber and YOU must click to drain it. That's the only way for it to work on everyone else's machines. The host PC runs the bulk of the mod.

Its NOT fully dedicated server ready. Sorry.

I have a question, could you help me?

It is possible to mark the location for the jump in 2D editor?

What code could put the marker for it to work properly? I am not an expert in programming, so I need help.

Another thing, do not know if it was already mentioned, but there is a problem with the C-130 Hercules aircraft and C17 Globemaster, they are swinging on the runway, lol, and not open the door automatically, not that this is a big problem, the XHR-1: "Vampyre" works perfectly.

Using a jump with diver he is completely unmasked, only the oxygen.

Thanks for the great Mod.

You can reroute the aircraft from the jumpmaster dude. Do you mean you want to select the location of the jump craft from the Editor so you are skipping the jumpmaster alltogeather? Need more info.

The auto-door only works on the Vampyre. I will add it to the other aircraft soon. Since those mods belong to someone else, I have to take apart the code to find what they used for the animation classnames.

The swinging? Guessing you are referring to the slight rocking? That's from the model itself. Again, not my aircraft so I don't have permission to fix it. I have an idea for a hotfix though. Maybe I'll add it to my to-do list. Anyone know if there is a C-130 from A2 I can just port into this mod and use so we don't have to rely on other mods for that aircraft?

And the Diver. You mean no helmet? That's from BIS. For some reason headgear is invisible when wearing a wetsuit. Ugh. I know. I should add that to the 'fix' list as well. Been bugging me since the beginning.

• Like 1

The host PC has to do all the clicking. Its not fully ready for online play. Works, but with issues. If you are the host, then YOU must click to flood chamber and YOU must click to drain it. That's the only way for it to work on everyone else's machines. The host PC runs the bulk of the mod.

You can reroute the aircraft from the jumpmaster dude. Do you mean you want to select the location of the jump craft from the Editor so you are skipping the jumpmaster alltogeather? Need more info.

The auto-door only works on the Vampyre. I will add it to the other aircraft soon. Since those mods belong to someone else, I have to take apart the code to find what they used for the animation classnames.

The swinging? Guessing you are referring to the slight rocking? That's from the model itself. Again, not my aircraft so I don't have permission to fix it. I have an idea for a hotfix though. Maybe I'll add it to my to-do list. Anyone know if there is a C-130 from A2 I can just port into this mod and use so we don't have to rely on other mods for that aircraft?

And the Diver. You mean no helmet? That's from BIS. For some reason headgear is invisible when wearing a wetsuit. Ugh. I know. I should add that to the 'fix' list as well. Been bugging me since the beginning.

Any chance you could also make it possible to access inventory from the water? Because it would be nice to have the helmet for wet suits but it would be weird to swim to the sub or to shore with a helmet on :P

Exactly, I want to put the location of the jump aircraft in the editor.

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

[quote name=You can reroute the aircraft from the jumpmaster dude. Do you mean you want to select the location of the jump craft from the Editor so you are skipping the jumpmaster alltogeather? Need more info.

The auto-door only works on the Vampyre. I will add it to the other aircraft soon. Since those mods belong to someone else' date=' I have to take apart the code to find what they used for the animation classnames.

And the Diver. You mean no helmet? That's from BIS. For some reason headgear is invisible when wearing a wetsuit. Ugh. I know. I should add that to the 'fix' list as well. Been bugging me since the beginning.[/quote]

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

Do you have the ground crew and aircraft setup? Or are you needing to actually start in the HALO aircraft from the start? I need specific details.

The object name of all jumpcraft is VQIHALO2. I need specific details to help further. You should be able to just place a Marker down, then setPos the VQIHALO2 at the Marker with Altitude of choice. Just guessing. Depends on more info and run a few tests when I get home. That HALO code system is like a thousand lines of code and setup a specific way.

Do you have the ground crew and aircraft setup? Or are you needing to actually start in the HALO aircraft from the start? I need specific details.

The object name of all jumpcraft is VQIHALO2. I need specific details to help further. You should be able to just place a Marker down, then setPos the VQIHALO2 at the Marker with Altitude of choice. Just guessing. Depends on more info and run a few tests when I get home. That HALO code system is like a thousand lines of code and setup a specific way.

Well, come on, my English is not very good, sorry.

I am creating a mission in the standard map ArmA 3, the traditional, put the soldiers, enemies and everything, now wanted to set a place for soldiers jump from the aircraft, place a marker determining the exact location of where to run the jump.

I would not like to ask for the soldier, to create a new place to jump.

Hey Goblin first off let me say love your mods Sniper and Halo have not really messed with the others. I have tested the HALO mod with a lot of interest in getting it to work on my dedicated server, I know you have covered this issue and it is still a work in progress but disappointing to say the least that this is not a priority for you to fix because like me and my group this is something that is really needed and wanted by Arma community to use on dedicated server missions I hope that either you or some other coding guru can make this happen in the near future. I am still having a prob with just getting the reg multiplayer halo to function correctly if I have other players join with me 2 or 3 c-130 spawn depending on the players and blow up. I have only one aircraft module and one halo module placed have tried syncing them to me as group leader , trigger, other player units, also with out syncing the modules at all same effect every time the c-130 blows up on mission start because it is spawning in one for each player on top of each other. I have tried replacing the aircraft with the drone as well still no joy. How are you making this work with you and your friends on multiplayer? P.S. I got this to work on our dedicated invade and annex map but had a lot of errors in the server log but we did do like 5 or 6 jumps without issue then my buddy fell through the floor of the c-130 and got stuck in the HALO animation had to restart the server to fix. That was just using the 1.4 halo the modules in spookwarcom did not work at all no flight crew would spawn. Anyway hope the probs get sorted because I really want to use this HALO mod on some of my custom unit missions thanks keep it up man!

Really loved playing around with this in the editor. Thank you for your work as it is definitely A+ quality. However, without Dedicated server support I cannot add it to my community's mod collection. I, my members, and I'm sure many others here would greatly appreciate dedicated server support. Apologies if you touched on this subject before in this thread that I have missed.

Hey mate, that mod is great. Just used your diving chamber for the beginning of my mission. I am just wondering though,if it's possible to stick a second submarine to the HMS Proteus and in addition of that, stick a laptop on the outside of the Proteus to get back into the diving chamber? Cheers!

• Like 1

Thanks!

I have another Submarine coming that will have 2 SDVs inside a special chamber in the sub itself. Until that is ready (if ever), I think I can add a second one to the HMS Proteus. Might be a tad cramped, but it should work. I like the idea of 2 four-man teams.

You CAN get back into the Sub through the same back hatch you came out of. You might have to swim around a tad to get the Action Menu to pop up. Cheers.

Oh wow, did not know that. I'll try it out when i'm home. Any chances to explain how to add a second sub? I'm just asking because i wanted to start a mission with it in the next few days,without putting you on pressure ;) - do you know the object name of the actual submarine? (i mean the HMS Proteus) - shouldn't be too difficult to add things to it then, or should it?

from reading the first post, i dont really get what this is..

for example sniper module.. what is it? you place the module and then it will add units that you have to kill with a sniper rifle or what? dont really get it.

Oh wow, did not know that. I'll try it out when i'm home. Any chances to explain how to add a second sub? I'm just asking because i wanted to start a mission with it in the next few days,without putting you on pressure ;) - do you know the object name of the actual submarine? (i mean the HMS Proteus) - shouldn't be too difficult to add things to it then, or should it?

The object name is VQISUB1. I'll try and do an update this weekend with the second SDV added. Should be a quick update. Super busy right now though. Also want to release the Scout/Sniper System 2.0 for testing. Hoping to release 0.0.5 alpha sometime Saturday.

from reading the first post, i dont really get what this is..

for example sniper module.. what is it? you place the module and then it will add units that you have to kill with a sniper rifle or what? dont really get it.

I can't possibly explain more than whats in the first post. This mod adds Modules. A grab-bag of sorts that add different elements of cool spec-ops stuff. Like the option to add a HALO system. Or a Scout/Sniper System. Read all the spoilers and there are also links in the spoilers to the WIP pages for yet more info.

The best thing is to just download, install, and try out the example mission that allows you to see and experiment with the Modules of this project.