Not that it would be super difficult, but will I need to start my mission templates over in the editor from scratch whenever Spookwarcom gets updated? I have a bunch of templates on a bunch of maps so I can just click and play.

I'll probably ask this over in QA, but worth a shot here because of how flexible these modules are. Does anyone have a snow mod or script I can use? Now that RHS is fully integrated, I'm thinking Thirsk Winter or Chernerus Winter might be a good map to run this on but I'd like it to actually snow. Will ALiVE's Ambient Weather module work for this purpose?

Not that it would be super difficult, but will I need to start my mission templates over in the editor from scratch whenever Spookwarcom gets updated? I have a bunch of templates on a bunch of maps so I can just click and play.

I'll probably ask this over in QA, but worth a shot here because of now flexible these modules are. Does anyone have a snow mod or script I can use? Now that RHS is fully integrated, I'm thinking Thirsk Winter or Chernerus Winter might be a good map to run this on but I'd like it to actually snow. Will ALiVE's Ambient Weather module work for this purpose?

Go to Armaholic and search for Snow, you should find 2 or 3 scripts for snow under arma 3. I will tell you though they all kill performance like crazy....and I have a pretty damn good PC.

NO ALiVE's ambient weather nor ACE3's weather creates snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The Modules and Updates are automatic. No need to redo anything.

And funny you mention it. I actually have a Snow System already that was supposed to be in CORE a few updates ago, but forgot to throw it in. Haven't tested it since last year. I'll put it in the next update. I'll do another quick update since its winter now. I have some HALO stuff coming in the next week or two. So another small update soon.

Also, for everyone.

The new Jumpsuit has 3x the space as the old one since it has huge pockets. And the A.I. will not be in the Sub, as its too small. But they will be teleported into the Ops Center and then teleported again when you jump for a HALO or with you when you exit the Submarine for wet-ops.

It took me (spare time) about 4 days to just get RHS Russians into this project in full. So the other mod units requested are still coming, but its going to be small slow updates spaced out over time. Took a look at Leights OPFOR, and it looks like he has even more Factions to sift through. Yikes.

Anyway. Enjoy. Over & Out. -S-

• Like 1

i updated the spookwarcom,   and now my action menu gets flooded  by an action about a diving mate / buddy    but when i select it is says ... comming soon.... 

So I decided to take my first ever defuse bomb mission and I'm stumped. Where are the ESD snips and bomb-buddy located in the offshore black-ops site?

And the difference between a HALO and a PARA jump?

EDIT: Finished an assault mission and called on an civ heli exfil. The M-900 I think (sorry if I have the wrong civilian chopper name). Just wanted to report a bug with the new 1.54 update. Calling the chopper to land works perfectly, however I have no option to actually board the chopper. Clicking the mouse wheel only lets me access the chopper's inventory. I have no option to actually get inside it.

i updated the spookwarcom, and now my action menu gets flooded by an action about a diving mate / buddy but when i select it is says ... comming soon....

Sorry. I will remove that in next release since its not ready. You can delete/unbind that in your options.

I also see the Diver Desk laptop has no Menu options. I'll fix that as well.

So I decided to take my first ever defuse bomb mission and I'm stumped. Where are the ESD snips and bomb-buddy located in the offshore black-ops site?

And the difference between a HALO and a PARA jump?

EDIT: Finished an assault mission and called on an civ heli exfil. The M-900 I think (sorry if I have the wrong civilian chopper name). Just wanted to report a bug with the new 1.54 update. Calling the chopper to land works perfectly, however I have no option to actually board the chopper. Clicking the mouse wheel only lets me access the chopper's inventory. I have no option to actually get inside it.

The EOD stuff should be in the Misc Equipment Crate in the Weapons Room. As soon as you walk in, take a right and its the Crate on the table towards the back wall. I wouldn't recommend tying the Bomb stuff though (unless curious / messing around). I think it's broken. Not sure.

HALO vs Para? Are you serious? In real life or the Mod? Guessing you mean the mod... Right now its just mostly Role-playing. If you have Enemy Radar turned ON, then you can infil undetected for most HALO Jumps if you avoid the Radar Stations. It's in the Docs. If you Para (low-alt, no gear required), then there is a 95% chance of getting painted by Enemy Radar and a QRF Team is being dispatch.

The Civ chopper bug, I'm aware of. It was in there before this last BIS update. Not sure why it does that. It only happened to us once in testing. Hopefully it will be rare. Thanks though.

------

@everyone:

Hoping to add for the next update...

-MA-1 Portable Oxygen ("walk-around" bottle)

-AR3 ARR (Automatic Ripcord Release, MSL)

-ASTRA EAAD (Electronic Automatic Activation Device, AGL)

-Reserve Parachute (safety / cut-away)

-Main Parachute Failure Rate (1% - 10%)

-FF2 Irvin Millibar Calc Chart

-Sentinel MK2035 (Reserve AAD)

-Health Hazzards and Effects from HALO

Just systems and place-holders to start. I can also show the WIP Model I did this week for the Portable Bailout Oxygen System (o2 Bottles, Regulator, Hose, etc) Vest to be worn for the HALO jumps. I'm hoping to have time later today to upload the screenshot.

• Like 2

Can we get slots for 2 rifles,light AT and extra First Aid Kit?  Very useful.

Handheld,working camera as well? That could send some pix to C-tab.

Maybe add a Crossbow?

And for everyone:

Hoping to add for the next update...

-MA-1 Portable Oxygen ("walk-around" bottle)

-AR3 ARR (Automatic Ripcord Release, MSL)

-ASTRA EAAD (Electronic Automatic Activation Device, AGL)

-Reserve Parachute (safety / cut-away)

-Main Parachute Failure Rate (1% - 10%)

-FF2 Irvin Millibar Calc Chart

-Sentinel MK2035 (Reserve AAD)

-Health Hazzards and Effects from HALO

Just systems and place-holders to start. I can also show the WIP Model I did this week for the Portable Bailout Oxygen System (o2 Bottles, Regulator, Hose, etc) Vest to be worn for the HALO jumps. I'm hoping to have time later today to upload the screenshot.

Thanks, Von Quest.

I actually have a Snow System already that was supposed to be in CORE a few updates ago

Any chance you could squeeze this in too?

Yup. It'll be in there. Already done, just need to plunk it down quick.

@everyone

And here is the PBOS with Hose and Mask (AIROX IX?) that I did this week:

Its fictional but very close to the real thing I got in the official MFF Manual.

KqRFOsX.jpg

• Like 1

PBOS - Personal Bailout Oxygen System.

It's the official Air Supply for Military Free Fall operations (HALO). In real life (unless its been changed recently) this system is in a bag usually strapped to the side of the operator for high-alt ParaJumps.

I'm going to be placing this on the chest I think (like the re-breather), but a little higher so it will be above the Backpack that's also strapped to your chest. You'll have to breathe 100% Oxygen (with a pre-breather) during the ride to purge your body of the Nitrogen and then switch to the PBOS at the 2-minute warning before the jump. I'm not putting it in a bag though. I think it will look way cooler out in the open and on your chest.

A HALO Jump is just like a deep-sea dive. You are dealing with extreme (or lack) of pressures. The human body is made up of all fluids and gases. It does not do well in extreme environments.

It's time to take this part of the project to its next evolution...

Hi GOBLIN, great mod!!!

Love the HALO/PARAJUMP modules, however if/when I jump with a large(8-10) AI team they collide and kill each other mid-air. Is it normal? How can I set them to "allowDamage fale" until they are on the ground? Sorry for my "NOOB-ness"! 

Thanks!

I'm doing an update in the next day or three. I'll add more dispersion velocity to space them out more.

During testing having them die if touching (c'mon BIS) was rare but did happen a couple times.

I'm undecided if I would make them invincible though for the entire ride down.

(p.s. and who's this mysterious "Goblin" you speak of? ;) )

• Like 1

It's not the pressure the body has to deal with, it's nothing like the pressures of scuba mate, it's purely O2 deficiency over 15,000 feet, there's no fancy suits for Military HALO, just wrap up warmly, and out you go, even in commercial aircraft at 14,500, my highest ever jump, over Elsinore, it was pretty nippy, but the coldness doesn't last for long.

It was different for the likes of Felix Baumgarter, as he was heading out of the atmosphere, as he had to endure extreme cold for a longer period of time on the way up, and down.

you cannot skydive however after scuba diving , and it's not recommended you fly the same day either, underwater pressure increases by atmospheric pressure the deeper you go.  ;)

• Like 1

Thanks!

I'm doing an update in the next day or three. I'll add more dispersion velocity to space them out more.

During testing having them die if touching (c'mon BIS) was rare but did happen a couple times.

I'm undecided if I would make them invincible though for the entire ride down.

(p.s. and who's this mysterious "Goblin" you speak of? ;) )

Ops..my bad!!!

Sorry for the "goblin" thing. Age + late night play a part on that!  :D  Somehow That name came up to my brain, maybe from some old tread..I don't know... :rolleyes: Sorry!

Back on topic, last night I tested with a 8 man squad...out of 5 parajumps, 4 time they died ...ALL of them!

If you could disperse them more would be nice, or make them "allowdamage false" while they're coming down. :P

Thank you, and keep up the good work.

It's not the pressure the body has to deal with, it's nothing like the pressures of scuba mate, it's purely O2 deficiency over 15,000 feet, there's no fancy suits for Military HALO, just wrap up warmly, and out you go, even in commercial aircraft at 14,500, my highest ever jump, over Elsinore, it was pretty nippy, but the coldness doesn't last for long.

It was different for the likes of Felix Baumgarter, as he was heading out of the atmosphere, as he had to endure extreme cold for a longer period of time on the way up, and down.

you cannot skydive however after scuba diving , and it's not recommended you fly the same day either, underwater pressure increases by atmospheric pressure the deeper you go.  ;)

I served in the paratrooper myself, when I was younger, and even do we never did high-altitude jumps(for those that don't know..less you're in the sky the better during combat mass-launches) there was one time when some SF did some HALO and ,like road runner mention, beside O2 equipment,googles and warm clothing underneath, nothing special about their suits.It's a matter of facts, they where wearing the same "jump suits" as we where.

• Like 1

Where are you guys reading I said anything about magical HALO suits? Geesh.

I'm aware how it works. I own a copy of the official govt MFF/HALO Manual.

I've never done an actual Military HALO, and am jealous of you guys that have.

But, this project is fictional. It's a "game". I'm not making Historical Documentaries. LOL.

I apologize if there is any confusion. I was merely illustrating (for the younger ones)

that some seem to keep thinking that a " HALO" jump is just a plain "ParaJump".

I was comparing it to SCUBA Diving only as both environments are extreme and each

posess thier own unique set of hazards and require extra gear to survive. That's all.

• Like 1

@zagor64bz
Okay, did some work quick and testing on the A.I. Everything worked great still on older pre-update version of A3 v1.52. Tested on my laptop which I haven't updated yet.

I'm wondering then if its related to the newer v1.54 update, or perhaps a other mod conflict? Others were reporting issues with Enhanced Movement a while back. Not sure. Anyways...

Either way.... I rewrote some of the A.I stuff and it should fix the issue of A.I. dying during freefall or when they pull their chutes. It will be in this next update of this mod.

• Like 1

@zagor64bz

Okay, did some work quick and testing on the A.I. Everything worked great still on older pre-update version of A3 v1.52. Tested on my laptop which I haven't updated yet.

I'm wondering then if its related to the newer v1.54 update, or perhaps a other mod conflict? Others were reporting issues with Enhanced Movement a while back. Not sure. Anyways...

Either way.... I rewrote some of the A.I stuff and it should fix the issue of A.I. dying during freefall or when they pull their chutes. It will be in this next update of this mod.

Now that you mention it, they do mostly die when chute opens......hope can help!

Zagor64bz, are you also running bad benson's enhanced movement mod by any chance?

Zagor64bz, are you also running bad benson's enhanced movement mod by any chance?

Nope....this is the list of the mods I'm running for that mission:

@AllInArmaTerrainPack
@CBA_A3
@RHSAFRF
@RHSUSAF
@TRYK
@LIGHT opfor PACK
@SSPCM ( for testing purposes )
@sthud
@Copy My Stance
@USAF
@SpookWarCom

I did try only the Spooky and USAF mods...same outcome.
I'm crossing my fingers for Spooky update.

UPDATE:

v0.1.4 beta
=======================

-HALO-
ADDED: MA-2 POA Bottle - O2 Jump/Pre-Breather
ADDED: ASTRA-M (EAAD) - Elec. Auto. Activation Device, AGL
ADDED: AR3 (ARR) - Automatic Ripcord Release, MSL
ADDED: Reserve Chute - Backup/Safety
ADDED: Sentinel MK2035 - Activates Reserve IF FAILURE

ADDED: 5% Main Chute Failure Rate
ADDED: Decompression Sickness Effects
ADDED: Ability to Cut-Away Parachute [shift] [ctrl] [H]
CHANGED: A.I. Supported Better; (Fixed A.I. Death Bug)
CHANGED: Re-Naming and Description of Equipment
FIXED: Enemy Radar failing to scramble QRF Team
FIXED: MP setVariable locality issue with jumpplane
REMOVED: Old AAD Option from Module

-CORE-
ADDED: Weather Option: SNOW (randomized)

-SOCOM-
FIXED: SATCOM System (placeholder; still WIP)

*and several other minor tweaks I can't remember...

This should shake things up a bit! Some will love it, others may hate it. Please keep in mind this is a FICTIONAL project focused on immersion and (near future) game-play. Read the Docs included in the HALO folder to see more info on all the NEW Equipment and NOTES. I think this update takes the HALO stuff to a new level. With yet more cool stuff coming. I do not have the Models done or anything. Just equipment-slot placeholders for now. Most of the Heath Hazards are not yet intergrated. Should be in the next update.

As usual, I'm probably forgetting a bunch as I'm usually 2-4 (unreleased) versions ahead and always forget to write down all my notes as I hastily pound away at my keyboard in the warm glow of my monitor at 2am under a pyramid of empty Mt. Dew cans.

• Like 5

UPDATE:

v0.1.4 beta

=======================

-HALO-

ADDED: MA-2 POA Bottle - O2 Jump/Pre-Breather

ADDED: ASTRA-M (EAAD) - Elec. Auto. Activation Device, AGL

ADDED: AR3 (ARR) - Automatic Ripcord Release, MSL

ADDED: Reserve Chute - Backup/Safety

ADDED: Sentinel MK2035 - Activates Reserve IF FAILURE

ADDED: 5% Main Chute Failure Rate

ADDED: Decompression Sickness Effects

ADDED: Ability to Cut-Away Parachute [shift] [ctrl] [H]

CHANGED: A.I. Supported Better; (Fixed A.I. Death Bug)

CHANGED: Re-Naming and Description of Equipment

FIXED: Enemy Radar failing to scramble QRF Team

FIXED: MP setVariable locality issue with jumpplane

REMOVED: Old AAD Option from Module

-CORE-

ADDED: Weather Option: SNOW (randomized)

-SOCOM-

FIXED: SATCOM System (placeholder; still WIP)

*and several other minor tweaks I can't remember...

This should shake things up a bit! Some will love it, others may hate it. Please keep in mind this is a FICTIONAL project focused on immersion and (near future) game-play. Read the Docs included in the HALO folder to see more info on all the NEW Equipment and NOTES. I think this update takes the HALO stuff to a new level. With yet more cool stuff coming. I do not have the Models done or anything. Just equipment-slot placeholders for now. Most of the Heath Hazards are not yet intergrated. Should be in the next update.

As usual, I'm probably forgetting a bunch as I'm usually 2-4 (unreleased) versions ahead and always forget to write down all my notes as I hastily pound away at my keyboard in the warm glow of my monitor at 2am under a pyramid of empty Mt. Dew cans.

THANK YOU......YOU'RE THE MAN!!!!!