got the same thing with the desk module    i can however get in to the air to jump out of planes   ;)  did you check if you have all gear equiped ? (the altitude watch / the auto opener  / helmet / suit / rebreather / PARACHUTE !! :P ) 

ooooooopppppsssss  I didn't wait long enough   it took about 4 minutes to intialize the SOCOM OPS...   so i now created a small intro in to my mission and now it works ;) 

• Like 1

How would you set it up so that your mission begins with a pre-defined HALO jump? There doesn't appear to be an obvious way for mission makers to do this sort of thing currently without reverse engineering the addon.

How would you set it up so that your mission begins with a pre-defined HALO jump? There doesn't appear to be an obvious way for mission makers to do this sort of thing currently without reverse engineering the addon.

There isn't an option to do this in swc directly.  You could script it to feed the flight plan at the start of the mission. 

There isn't an option to do this in swc directly.  You could script it to feed the flight plan at the start of the mission. 

Yup, that's pretty much why I was asking. I did a similar thing with the Diver module a while ago, but the current version of the HALO module contains a lot more files and it's difficult to tell at a glance where to even start with a scripted solution. I was hoping Goblin might be able to offer some insight.

What exactly are you looking for? I'll have an air-start option in the future, but this HALO part of this project is taking up too much time and prevents me from working on the other areas.

What were you thinking? Placing a Module/Icon during the Editor mission building phase to start for players? The issue is, how are you gearing up? What about the special HALO Gear that is needed?

If you are looking for a generic parajumping setup, this system isn't really geared for it. It's too complex. And it's going to get even MORE complex soon. I want the HALO jump to be its own mini-game.

I also have Enemy SAMs and Radar Systems coming as part of this that you will have to take into account for the Flight Plan (synchronized with the SOCOM & DARK Modules) before you jump.

If you wait a few weeks, I have the CORE Module coming, that will let you start in a Off-Map Ops Center Building that will let you gear-up and then transfer into a HALO Aircraft for the jump.

All without actually being ON the map... *evil grin*

• Like 4

What exactly are you looking for? I'll have an air-start option in the future, but this HALO part of this project is taking up too much time and prevents me from working on the other areas.

What were you thinking? Placing a Module/Icon during the Editor mission building phase to start for players? The issue is, how are you gearing up? What about the special HALO Gear that is needed?

If you are looking for a generic parajumping setup, this system isn't really geared for it. It's too complex. And it's going to get even MORE complex soon. I want the HALO jump to be its own mini-game.

I also have Enemy SAMs and Radar Systems coming as part of this that you will have to take into account for the Flight Plan (synchronized with the SOCOM & DARK Modules) before you jump.

If you wait a few weeks, I have the CORE Module coming, that will let you start in a Off-Map Ops Center Building that will let you gear-up and then transfer into a HALO Aircraft for the jump.

So excited :-P Keep it up Von so much awesomeness!  Any chance you might have the dedicated server stuff figured out by the next release?

Sounds interesting. 

Will there be an "off" option for the SAMs for people that want the option to jump in specific locations without being restricted by the SAMs?

So excited :-P Keep it up Von so much awesomeness!  Any chance you might have the dedicated server stuff figured out by the next release?

Negative

Sounds interesting. 

Will there be an "off" option for the SAMs for people that want the option to jump in specific locations without being restricted by the SAMs?

Yes, of course

The Ops Center (not sure what else to call it), will be one of a few Starting Options included in the up coming CORE Module.

It will be a way to start off-map so you don't have to build anything, and to really get that "behind-enemy-lines" feel when you do transition onto your map of choice. It will have Air Force, Navy, etc cubicles to select various Insertion options (like the HALO).

It also has of course the SOCOM area (CIA/NSA/etc) to receive your mission and get various Intel of the Map/Island. Like for example where are Radar Sites to avoid for a HALO Jump. Heavy Troop concentrations. Enemy Subs detected for a Naval wet-insert. Satillite feeds. And so on. To help plan your mission, infiltration, extraction, etc.

It will also have a Armory to gear up and get fitted with all the equipment you are taking into the mission. Its very WIP right now. And I can't release CORE until its a tad further along since its one of the main cornerstones of that Module.

One goal of the entire SpookWarCom system is to have a full system that lets players (especially noobs) to just place ALL Modules to have a complete add-on to use on ANY and ALL Maps.

Starting options. Infil/Exfil. Enemy Occupation. Mission Generator. Special Gear. Etc. All with a Black-Ops focus.

• Like 2

Hi Von Quest,

This is a feature request for the future as I can see you are really busy now with all the exciting new features mentioned above.  :)

Would it be possible with SWC to be able to choose which enemy faction gets generated please?

What i mean here is in a similar way to ALiVE where you can choose an enemy faction be they RHS Russians, Taliban or whatever instead of CSAT.

At present we use SWC on ALiVE AI generated maps with all sorts of non CSAT enemy forces together with SWC, but it is a little strange for role play and game immersion when getting missions generated by the SWC SOCOM module with only CSAT soldiers getting additionally spawned in or CSAT/Iran in the target description for the map briefing rather than a generic name such as 'enemy officer' for example, if what I am typing is making any sense......

This is not a priority and may or may not be possible, but definitely desirable.

Many thanks once again for all your hard work and much appreciated effort.

Sure. Of course. It's already coded for it. Just haven't updated all the details.

Will be updated in the next release. Thanks for reminding me. Forgot some

SOCOM stuff was too specific, like the assassination mission. No problem.

• Like 1

@Von Quest

I'm trying to understand what SWC Core will do. I understand it will be an off site headquarters where everything will be done there. Now this is the part I don't understand. When creating a mission at SOCOM, will it randomly pick any map from my roster, or do I basically have to choose the map then create the mission? If its the former, can you imagine SOCOM creating a mission to a pre determined location on any one of the 20+ maps that I have? That would be INSANE!!! If its the latter, it would still be a great added feature, except that it will break the immersion a bit of randomly receiving missions from SOCOM to any region/maps (I'm seriously hardcore into the whole role-playing thing).

I know its a WIP, but what other features are you planning to add to CORE other than what was already mentioned? Any other projects your working on for future updates?

And I want to take this moment to mention the outstanding quality work you have done with this mod. Keep up the great work!

Thank you so much brother. Means a lot.

I wish I could do random Maps, but this will only be on the Map you choose to place the modules, just like any other add-on. To pick a random Map, I always just roll some good ole D&D dice with a spreadsheet. ;)

The upcoming (2 weeks+) CORE Module will be mostly Starting Options and Player Options. Examples of some options will be things like Location: Ops Center, a random Camp Site, a pre-built FOB, the USS Nimitz, etc. Black Ops covert system that will let you blend in as long as you do not look like a combatant. Starting Time/Date. Splashscreens. Black-Ops covert exfil using plain civilian painted helicopters. Player fatigue options. And more!

Only small parts are getting released at first. The entire focus right now is getting the Ops Center up to a minimum public version to test and release. It's taking WAY longer than I had hoped. Getting furniture and things all working as I envision, is a major pain in the ass in a building that isn't supposed to exist.

As far as further out in projects. I have numerous custom models to get into the game. The best and most challenging will be the Submarine Project. It's super fucking cool. I have 4 submarines modeled so far. 3 of them will be futuristic/fictional. At least one is more modern/old style. I'll start a WIP Thread soon in the Discussion area of these Forums so you all can see some pics and get progress updates.

I also want to start Terrain Making this winter that will actually be part of this whole entire project. I don't want to give away too much right now. But there will be a whole storyline, a new enemy, new units, new gear, vehicles, etc. All on a new Map that you'll have to HALO into and explore Blacks-Ops style. Hint. Hint. There will be all kinds of hidden goodies, secrets, easter eggs, and a dark and mysterious storyline to delve into if you choose. Mwah ha haaa. *strokes goatee*

• Like 1

This sounds amazing ! Talked to you about this whole Ops Center thingy some weeks ago and I am really happy to see this coming now​.Will this be something like a closed interior complex placed somewhere in a far away corner of the map ? Also will the armory work with the Virtual Arsenal ( I know this is not that immersive but the best way to choose different gear and to test if your char is looking sexy enough) ? Last but not least will the briefing area be large enough for at least a small group of players ( for coop/multiplayer missions)?

keep it up :)​

​

Thank you so much brother. Means a lot.

I wish I could do random Maps, but this will only be on the Map you choose to place the modules, just like any other add-on. To pick a random Map, I always just roll some good ole D&D dice with a spreadsheet. ;)

The upcoming (2 weeks+) CORE Module will be mostly Starting Options and Player Options. Examples of some options will be things like Location: Ops Center, a random Camp Site, a pre-built FOB, the USS Nimitz, etc. Black Ops covert system that will let you blend in as long as you do not look like a combatant. Starting Time/Date. Splashscreens. Black-Ops covert exfil using plain civilian painted helicopters. Player fatigue options. And more!

Only small parts are getting released at first. The entire focus right now is getting the Ops Center up to a minimum public version to test and release. It's taking WAY longer than I had hoped. Getting furniture and things all working as I envision, is a major pain in the ass in a building that isn't supposed to exist.

As far as further out in projects. I have numerous custom models to get into the game. The best and most challenging will be the Submarine Project. It's super fucking cool. I have 4 submarines modeled so far. 3 of them will be futuristic/fictional. At least one is more modern/old style. I'll start a WIP Thread soon in the Discussion area of these Forums so you all can see some pics and get progress updates.

I also want to start Terrain Making this winter that will actually be part of this whole entire project. I don't want to give away too much right now. But there will be a whole storyline, a new enemy, new units, new gear, vehicles, etc. All on a new Map that you'll have to HALO into and explore Blacks-Ops style. Hint. Hint. There will be all kinds of hidden goodies, secrets, easter eggs, and a dark and mysterious storyline to delve into if you choose. Mwah ha haaa. *strokes goatee*

That all sounds really interesting, I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Any chance that the para drop will be fully functional with the the next update? I mean, will you be able to para drop the CRRC, SDV, and quad bike? As it stands now, you can only para drop the ammo crate.

I'm having trouble with getting my missions. I get a "You got mail" message but I have no clue what to press. I checked the readmes and found nothing. Thanks for any help!

@Private Evans

Thanks. Yes. I started to make a custom building, but then switched to one of the in-game buildings for that. It'll save weeks of work. I may upgrade to something more custom next year.

And the Virtual Arsenal will be an option you can turn on or off. Right now I have ALL A3 weapons included in the armory. But unfortunately after a BIS update, you can no longer grab weapons off the wall. Grrrrr. Fricken updates! Had it fully operational in both SP and MP. But now it doesn't work. I'll also be including several mods crates and weapons as well in a future update if you have those mods installed.

And the briefing area is kinda small. Not sure what you need exactly. Only the leader needs access to the SOCOM laptop to retrieve the Mission and other Intel. Details of course will show up on everyone's Maps. Been testing the past couple weeks in MP and it works great. You'll see. Should have enough room. Kinda cramped, but it'll be a shweeet setup to use for any and all Maps. After this last main Module you'll be able to play ANY Map in just mear seconds. Even brand NEW Maps.

P.S. And SEXY is always important!

@stburr91

Most likely. Still kinda on the fence on this one. I should just finish it since its practically close to done anyway. Just need to pound out the specifics. Shouldn't take more than an hour or so. Hmmmm. So.... Okay, sure. Will do.

@thegeekdiver

Thanks. Not sure it'll be working good on servers yet. It's still a bit further down on the master "to do" list. Soonâ„¢.

@phantomphan

The hint is to tell you the SOCOM laptop is now active. You should have accesss to the laptop menu at that point. If you're new to this, its a tad tricky to get the menu to pop-up when your looking at the laptop. You may have to move around a bit to get it to work. Hope that helps.

I was doing some para jumps into the water, and noticed that you have the same sound effect when landing in the water, as you do when landing on solid ground. Would it be possible to add a splashing sound effect when landing in the water? 

Sure. Hadn't noticed. Been awhile since I've done some wet-jumps. Doubt it'll be in the next release though. I'll also be adding bubbles for the splash down efx. This next release will be either this or next weekend. Then I'll be doing more detail work while releasing them as stand-alone projects.

Is this possible?    To add a "cut-away" knife to get rid of the `chute pre-entry of the water landing?

Also,re-compute the route,both to target,and keep all routes on map all the time ,and an emergency ex-fill route to the sub?In case it turns ugly?

In case you need a modern-style sub,check here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/185619-prussian-empire-mod/page-2

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/DreamRebel/Germanic%20Empire/WIP%20Pictures/Gojira_C_S_WIP_4_zpswelwx76n.png

These look exactly like what you want....

Could you add some sort of "self-destruct" option to the building? Launch a F-14 that targets the building.

And ,maybe a radar simulation ,so that someone on the sub could  pick up if QRF has been sent to find you,most helpful.

anyone used the HALO part of this mod on a dedi server? If so what was your experience like?

Would it be possible to use the C-130 in the Community Upgrade Project Vehicle pact, instead of the USAF mod for your HALO module? I think a lot more people are likely to already have the CUP mod, as opposed to the USAF mod.

I can speak for myself, I only have the USAF mod to use with your mod. I would love to be able to use a mod that like CUP Vehicle pack, because it's much more useful for me than the USAF mod. I would bet that many others would feel the say way.