Just a noobish question: 

How do you EXFIL with the SUB back to the OPS building, like you can with the exfil chopper? 

I I swam  back to the sub, entered it  but couldn't find an option anywhere to get back to "base" or end the mission. 

Did I miss something?

Noobish? Not noob at all. You're a pretty experienced Arma operative.

And negative. Sorry. It's kinda a one-way trip right now. You'll have to hit Esc and end it manually. I'll have to make a note to add that in.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Von Quest said:

Noobish? Not noob at all. You're a pretty experienced Arma operative.

And negative. Sorry. It's kinda a one-way trip right now. You'll have to hit Esc and end it manually. I'll have to make a note to add that in.

Thank you mate! While you're making plans for future updates, it would be cool to have the possibility to add a path to a custom objective/task (with an .sqf for example) in the mission generator module.That way you could have random tasks mixed with specific objectives.

Also would be useful to have the option to have mission time start 100% at night, or even better with the same setting as the % we have for the day time ones. Or that could be an option when setting up INFIL flight/ submarine planning?

Other than that, I'm having a BLAST with this mod. I set up a SP mission just like the one you posted, but in Tanoa, added a simple recruit script to bring along some AI mates in the hardest missions to play solo, like the "clear area" ones and BAM....instant FUN!!!

EDIT: as a placeholder until you'll find the time to add that to the submarine, I added a little script with an addAction to an object that teleport you back to the TOC.

[0, 0] spawn BIS_fnc_cinemaBorder;
sleep 1;																																				
TitleText ["","BLACK FADED"];
sleep 2;
{_x setPosASL [15214.4 + random [-10,0,10],17328.6 + random [-10,0,10],0]} forEach units group player;
group player setBehaviour "CARELESS";
TitleText ["","BLACK IN",3];																	
[1, 1] spawn BIS_fnc_cinemaBorder;		

NOTE: "forEach units group player" is for when you can get AI teammates to get with you (and back) in the sub!!😜😜

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK so i have Everything working but the only issue i have is that the AddAction says SOCOM-Activate Mission 6 times you got anything to fix that bro?

Not sure why it would be 6 times. Its only ever been once on my end. Not sure how you have yours setup.

It should detect the Object you place/list just once, and then add the Menu addAction. Hmmm....

The 4.sqf note is to remind me to address it later. It is a placeholder of sorts...
There is a Gear exploit in the official game from BIS I had to fix. I'm hoping it'll be fixed officially (preferred) at some point, or perhaps added into ArmA 4.

Just ignore it for now. Its an Event-Handler for your keyboard. Its complicated. That note will be removed in the next update.

Alright, I had this error pop up when the SOCOM mission generator try to give me a "DESTROY" task:

Spoiler

Error in expression <M_DESTROY_BLK > 0) then {

{ if (getPos _targetD inArea _x) then { _mapScan = 0;>
21:36:34   Error position: <_targetD inArea _x) then { _mapScan = 0;>
21:36:34   Error Undefined variable in expression: _targetd
21:36:34 File vqi_socom\VQI-MissionGenerator\MISSION\DESTROY\vqi_socom_mission_destroy_scan.sqf, line 37
21:36:34 Error in expression <om 100 < VQI_SOCOM_DESTROY_GRD) then {
[_tLOC] execVM "vqi_socom\VQI-MissionGene>
21:36:34   Error position: <_tLOC] execVM "vqi_socom\VQI-MissionGene>
21:36:34   Error Undefined variable in expression: _tloc
21:36:34 File vqi_socom\VQI-MissionGenerator\MISSION\DESTROY\vqi_socom_mission_destroy_scan.sqf, line 56
21:36:34 Error in expression <D = _objects select 0;

_tLOC = getPos _targetD;

if (count VQI_SOCOM_DESTROY_>
21:36:34   Error position: <_targetD;

if (count VQI_SOCOM_DESTROY_>
21:36:34   Error Undefined variable in expression: _targetd
21:36:34 File vqi_socom\VQI-MissionGenerator\MISSION\DESTROY\vqi_socom_mission_destroy_scan.sqf, line 32
21:36:34 Error in expression <this select 1;		

mapAnimAdd [2, 0.3, _tLOC];
mapAnimCommit;
sleep 3;

SPOT>
21:36:34   Error position: <_tLOC];
mapAnimCommit;
sleep 3;

SPOT>
21:36:34   Error Undefined variable in expression: _tloc

After cecking the mission generator module, I found a double imput in the "objects classnames" field: I_Truck_02_MRL_F

Removing the double classname fixed it.

@Von Quest: I know you can bring along AI teammates with the PJ/HALO INFIL procedures...(SP) but I couldn't get them to get into the INFIL chopper. Did I miss something?

ok awesome also the Intel Report is making it so my markers placed on the map disappear during mission start. Also when it does that it Alives T.R.A.C.E. system gets wiped also. If i disable the Enemy Defences Mod. They come back so maby we can have an option to disable the Intel Report becasue i think thats whats doing it.

When the Intel Report runs for Enemy AOs, it hides (not deletes) all Markers on the Map temporarily. Then after its done, which can last several minutes, it will reset and return all Markers that were hidden at the start. You shouldn't have to do anything.

8 hours ago, Von Quest said:

When the Intel Report runs for Enemy AOs, it hides (not deletes) all Markers on the Map temporarily. Then after its done, which can last several minutes, it will reset and return all Markers that were hidden at the start. You shouldn't have to do anything.

:yeahthat:

ahhhh ok honestly i like that everything is hidden until i enter the area now lol. Is there a scrip to hide everything that way intel does. Because it makes everything super clean in Alive with the grids and only turns green when you enter the 50x50.

Hey Von,

These modules are seriously the best. I had a question about the search and recover mission. I can't seem to get it to activate. all the other missions run fine but the search and recover mission never comes around. There are a lot of options to input for this mod but from what I can see I have filled everything in. Hope I could get some suggestions, and looking forward to more missions in the future!

@zagor64bz Right now the A.I. is NOT supported for the Heli Infil stuff. I'll have to add that in at some point. I never play with A.I. Easy add, just haven't even thought about it until you mentioned it.

@darrenin I'll have to take a look. I still haven't had a chance to test that fully in-game (worked great in script testing). You tested by setting it to 100% and others to 0%? Keep in mind its a "Search" Mission. So the Task Marker is the marked-center of the Search Area. The OBJECT your are searching for isn't there, therefor must be "searched" for within the radius you set in the options.

I'll take a closer look later this weekend.

UPDATE:

Okay, I'm an idiot. LOL. I see it wasn't turned ON yet for the public release. I'll fix and upload Friday. Sorry brother!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey von! 

thanks for the update! search mission is working 🙂 one thing tho it doesn't seem to be spawning the guard units even when set to 100%

Fixed.

Try it now. Plugged in the 'units' file. Was completely missing. I must have been tired at the end of writing that one. hehe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm assuming you mean the "Guarding" option?...

Vehicles are NOT supported as viable guards, just Infantry Units. No plans to add that as an option anytime soon.

Hey, I'm aware that dedicated server support isn't a thing for this mod and hasn't been for as long as it's been out; I've been a fan of spookwarcom since its release. I haven't used it in a long time and have since moved on from coop local hosted games to dedicated servers through a server provider. With that said, what does "no dedicated server support" mean, exactly? Will it simply not work on a dedicated server whatsoever or does it just mean that if there are bugs on a dedi server they won't necessarily be fixed over time? Thanks.

Thanks!

Dedicated support is planned, it's just super low priority since I have zero plans to use it. I've never done anything with dedi server stuff. It's not hard, just a pain in the ass and would (probably) take a long time.

Since this is broken down into smaller projects, what ones did you want to see upgraded for Dedi? Some should be easier that others. I have 3 computers that all run ArmA, so I can setup a small dedi-test weekend some time this summer.

You'll have to experiment and see what works and what doesn't, and let me know.

• Like 2

If we were to have Dedi support...  I would vote for the FROGS and HALO stuff first.  That is the easiest to integrate into Dedi servers and missions as it is mainly insertion and exfiltration avenues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Von Quest said:

Thanks!

Dedicated support is planned, it's just super low priority since I have zero plans to use it. I've never done anything with dedi server stuff. It's not hard, just a pain in the ass and would (probably) take a long time.

Since this is broken down into smaller projects, what ones did you want to see upgraded for Dedi? Some should be easier that others. I have 3 computers that all run ArmA, so I can setup a small dedi-test weekend some time this summer.

You'll have to experiment and see what works and what doesn't, and let me know.

LEAP is the one we want to use the most since it's awesome; it's what we used to use on my local games. Right now the plane simply doesn't spawn in whatsoever on a dedicated server

• Like 1