To those wanting to use the FROGS module, a temporary workaround that my buddy and I found is if you want to enter the sub from the surface is to place an object (for instance, a laptop) in the editor on top of the sub (around the entry point) and name it the VQI name it says in the module (can't remember the name, not near computer, drank whiskey). We've had no problems parachuting in, jumping on top of the sub (advanced movement helps) and boarding it by using the action from the laptop or whatever, and then carrying on doing the rest of what the module does. 

Hope this helps, sorry if it doesn't make sense #whiskey

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

To those wanting to use the FROGS module, a temporary workaround that my buddy and I found is if you want to enter the sub from the surface is to place an object (for instance, a laptop) in the editor on top of the sub (around the entry point) and name it the VQI name it says in the module (can't remember the name, not near computer, drank whiskey). We've had no problems parachuting in, jumping on top of the sub (advanced movement helps) and boarding it by using the action from the laptop or whatever, and then carrying on doing the rest of what the module does. 

Hope this helps, sorry if it doesn't make sense #whiskey

So, you've been able to place the Sub as a load point, enter it from outside, then do SCUBA setup and water infiltration from a different point on the map?

7 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

So, you've been able to place the Sub as a load point, enter it from outside, then do SCUBA setup and water infiltration from a different point on the map?

Correct. One more thing I should mention, I just remembered it's crucial that you stand on top of the sub when using the action to board it, especially if you have AI team mates, other wise it spawns you outside and underneath the sub and you can't get it and you won't be in the right position on the map. 

Edit: wait crap I hope we're talking about the same thing. I just realized this is the SpookWarCom thread. I have not tested this with SpookWarCom, I'm referring to Von's VQI FROGS module. Is that what you're talking about to?

This Thread has been re-opened!

I'm preparing for a Steam release of the entire collection for anyone that is interested. It will be the full SpookWarCom package. I will continue to support the small stand-alones as well. At this point (v0.5.0) I'm returning full circle and would prefer most discussions and "general" posts be on this Thread. If you have something specific for a specific project you are still free to post there of course. The First Page (OP) has been updated. Watch that page for NEW details, and the Steam Link (hopefully this weekend).

There has been numerous updates that have flown under the radar, and have gone un-documented. I will be working on documentation and including links on the First Post throughout the rest of this winter and spring. As some of you know, this is also a "GameMode" that we play in our group on the weekends. One of the (WIP) RuleBooks has been posted in my Forums Signature. I will be including numerous links for docs, that will help with how we play, and how it all fits together. It goes without saying that most will just play their own style and sorta cherry-pick the features they want. That's perfectly cool too!

I'm roughly past the half-way point for everything I had planned. There are still several errors, issues, broken features, etc at the time of this writing. PLEASE let me know what isn't working or needs adjusting.

Good luck, give 'em hell. And remember, you were never here,  and you do not exist....

Stay Frosty!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I was just wondering do you need to use this mod in conjunction with your other mods or no such as LEAP,  CORE, etc? Also, do you have a discord?  I love the ideas behind this mod I have always loved reading about the OSS/SOE operations during the Second World War and now I can bring it to live with this!!!

This was just the entire project in full.

SpookWarCom is all of the stand-alones (FROGS, LEAP, CORE, SOCOM, SCAR, SCOUT, FUSE), plus an experimental GameMode RuleBook that goes along with our fictional WW3 story-line.

It started out as the mega-project "SpookWarCom", but I got numerous requests for single downloads. So I broke it apart into smaller Stand-Alone Projects to make it more generic and public friendly. I'm looking at uploading the SpookWarCom full package onto Steam this weekend. DO NOT use both as they are currently the same thing. The Stand-Alones will each be available for download separately via Dropbox, and the FULL package will be on Steam soon.

And to answer your other question, nope. I do not have/use Discord.

Thanks for the support!

• Like 6

On 4/4/2019 at 6:35 AM, Von Quest said:

I'm looking at uploading the SpookWarCom full package onto Steam this weekend.

:icon_dj:I'm looking forward to that VQ!!!

• Like 1

UPDATE:

=================

As promised... Enjoy!

D7Bj1Mj.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Awesome! Maybe I can get my group to incorporate some stuff now.   Especially the FROGs stuff for sea infiltration.

Hey Von,

I am curious about the Reinforcements module from SCAR. It keeps giving me errors and not spawning the QRF. Not sure if another module is required for it to work or not.

That Module is out-of-date. What are the errors? Can you be more specific?

If you are setting it to RHS you need that addon downloaded from them.

UPDATE :

Oh, wait... Now that I think about it, yeah I think its broken. Good catch. I think (can't check right now) that it dosen't work because its looking for the Settings in the Old AO Module. Since the upgrade is now User Custom Classnames & Factions, etc., it doesn't know what to do. Frick. Sorry man. I'll add it to the "Fix" list.

• Thanks 2

Yes! Soon....

@Everyone

Even though they are outdated and old, there is still OLD Documentation leftover in the current Steam Download Folder ID # 1705508237

Example: ---->    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\1705508237\docs

I'll be adding NEW Docs and Tutorials hopefully by the end of the month.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

23 hours ago, Von Quest said:

Yes! Soon....

@Everyone

Even though they are outdated and old, there is still OLD Documentation leftover in the current Steam Download Folder ID # 1705508237

Example: ---->    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\1705508237\docs

I'll be adding NEW Docs and Tutorials hopefully by the end of the month.

@Von Quest Thanks for adding the ID# to the thread so players can look it up if easier if they don't have their hidden folders view turned on.

• Like 1

Are you thinking of adding a "Section IX, RND, or Q-Branch" component to this mod that would allow you to craft your own weapons or explosives from raw materials or props? BTW if you are all interested in learning more about this stuff check out this documentary on netflix!!! https://www.netflix.com/title/81063160

Update v0.5.1 :
-----------------

ADDED: Command & Control Module (WIP/DO NOT USE)
ADDED: Turned back ON Submarine AOs (virtual/mini-game)
ADDED: Mission Type - Search & Recover
ADDED: Mission Type - Ambush
ADDED: ICE Layer if HALO even without wearing Helmet
FIXED: Error if using Independent Factions
FIXED: Cleaned up Radio Button a bit
FIXED: TOC & SUB Compositions (vanilla objects)
FIXED: Gear Config Exploit (default game config issue)
FIXED: Error with Exiting Sub
FIXED: Issue if trying to get back INTO Sub (unconfirmed)

Example Vanilla Map Setup with some Quick & Dirty Briefing Notes :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/flj73yd74e2878i/AACu9LgPiTUwt6DapMQHGp08a?dl=0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Von Quest said:

Example Vanilla Map Setup with some Quick & Dirty Briefing Notes :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/flj73yd74e2878i/AACu9LgPiTUwt6DapMQHGp08a?dl=0

Hey Von, I try the mission, but got this error when you exit the control room to get into the C130 to HALO:

18:04:02 File vqi_halo\VQI-DemonDropper\JumpCraft\vqi_halo_efx_transition_camera.sqf, line 13
18:04:02 Error in expression <[(position VQI_HALO_JUMPCRAFT select 0) 0, (position VQI_HALO_JUMPCRAFT select 1>
18:04:02   Error position: <0, (position VQI_HALO_JUMPCRAFT select 1>
18:04:02   Error Missing ]

You actually spawn inside the plane, but you're stuck..nothing happen or any menu/option is available.Dis I messed something up?

• Thanks 1

Damn it. Thanks for the notice. I'll fix when I get home. Not sure what happened. Must have bumped the keyboard or something.

This is the code that broke it:
_cam = "camera" camCreate [(position VQI_HALO_JUMPCRAFT select 0) 0, (position VQI_HALO_JUMPCRAFT select 1) +200, (position VQI_HALO_JUMPCRAFT select 2) +30];

The part in red is what it doesn't like. I don't know why. I thought it was broken all along because the "select 0)" was actually missing. Spotted it over the weekend, and thought weird, its wrong but still works. Then added what I thought was the correct syntax. Hmm... It dosen't like the 0, if its already 0?

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Von Quest said:

Hmm... It dosen't like the 0, if its already 0?

LOL..don't ask me man...I'm a chef, so at the most I can teach you to cook some great dishes, but I'm clueless about coding/scripting..HAHAHAHA

Joke aside, hope you're finding out what's wrong and fix it mate!

• Haha 1

Already fixed. Uploaded to Steam a couple hours ago.

Maybe we can trade dishes for code? LOL

1 hour ago, Von Quest said:

Maybe we can trade dishes for code? LOL

LOLLL..yeah sure....we just need to rent a delivery drone that has a long,LONG range. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ps:thanks for the fix!

@Von Quest....sorry to be the one...but another error pop up now when you go to SATCOM to get a mission:

20:18:30 Error in expression <

_aoLDR = leader _enemySquad;

if (VQI_SOCOM_AMBUSH_FIL != "") then {
[_aoL>
20:18:30   Error position: <VQI_SOCOM_AMBUSH_FIL != "") then {
[_aoL>
20:18:30   Error Undefined variable in expression: vqi_socom_ambush_fil
20:18:30 File vqi_socom\VQI-MissionGenerator\MISSION\AMBUSH\vqi_socom_mission_ambush.sqf, line 64

:headscratch:

Thanks. I'm gonna call you Mr. Bug Hunter. I didn't actually test the new missions yet from the module. Just raw code from scripts.

I think I already know what happened. I'll fix soon. Thanks again!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Von Quest said:

Thanks. I'm gonna call you Mr. Bug Hunter.

Sorry mate..no BUGS in my kitchen!!!!! Hahahahahaha.

ps: I'm testing the mission as we speak..if I find anything else I let you know if it's ok with you.

EDIT:

got this 2....

21:33:12 Error in expression <i_halo_altimeter_key_toggle.sqf"

if (AltimeterKeyToggle) then {
terminate JUM>
21:33:12   Error position: <AltimeterKeyToggle) then {
terminate JUM>
21:33:12   Error Undefined variable in expression: altimeterkeytoggle
21:33:12 File vqi_halo\VQI-DemonDropper\Equipment\Altimeter\vqi_halo_altimeter_key_toggle.sqf, line 4
21:38:16 Error in expression <ip" >> "opticsZoomMin");
_zoomL = (0.75 / _zoomM) / 3;

if (random 100 < VQI_LE>
21:38:16   Error position: </ _zoomM) / 3;

if (random 100 < VQI_LE>
21:38:16   Error Zero divisor
21:38:16 File vqi_halo\VQI-DemonDropper\Equipment\vqi_halo_damaged_gear.sqf, line 26